Chapter 5

My Remedy Is You (Lee Taemin Love Story)

A week had passed since Minji had moved in to live with Dae and Shu Fang. It was mid-afternoon, and Minji and the children were at the beach so Minji could film a scene for the movie she was in. The scene was the one where her character was killed. The two children were playing in the sand on the beach and eating snacks that had been packed for them by Minji. Minji was pacing on the hill that led to a cliff, hyperventilating. This cliff was the one that her Appa had pushed her off of when she was four. Her heart was racing in her chest. Caleb followed her pacing, trying to calm her down.

Breathe, Bunny. The sooner you get this over with, the sooner you can get outta here. Just think about your babies down on the beach; they're waiting for you.” Caleb murmured soothingly.

I don't think I can do this, Caleb.” Minji whispered.

She grabbed her long blonde hair, which had red streaks and black tips, and started to pull. Caleb pried her hands away and smoothed out her hair again.

C'mon, just do it amazing the first time and we won't have to come up here ever again.” Caleb reassured.

Minji took a deep breath. “Okay... let's get this over with. Hurry up before I change my mind.”

Caleb grinned. “That's my girl. Alright, I'll be right there with you.”

The director smiled. “Places!” Minji backed down the hill a little ways, and Caleb stood with his back facing her. “We're going from the part where Roxie is confronting Eli about cheating on her older sister, Zoe, with Sophie. And... Action!”

Minji stormed up the hill and spun Caleb around, glaring. “Who do you think you are, cheating on Zoe like that? You're more stupid than I thought you were, Eli! You just messed with the wrong family!”

Caleb sneered. “Ooh, I'm so scared, Roxie. Run home before your parents start to wonder where you are.”

Her back stiffened. “Don't you dare say that to me, you stupid pretty boy!”

Get lost. I don't have time to waste on weak children.” Caleb sighed, waving her off.

Eyes flaming, Minji swung her leg up and kicked Caleb in the side of the head, then flipped backwards and got into a fighting stance. Caleb went reeling, but came back and tried to punch her. They attacked each other, moving further up the hill and toward the cliff. At one point, Caleb had spun them so Minji's back was facing the cliff, but they kept swinging. Then he pulled out a switchblade. Minji felt the edge of the cliff under her feet and started to freak out, but Caleb wrapped one arm around her back to keep her from falling.

Have you told Zoe yet?” Caleb asked sweetly.

Minji snarled, starting to move to attack again. “No, I thought I'd take care of the problem f-”

He stabbed the switchblade into her back, piercing her heart. hung slightly open, and he kissed her lips before letting her go to fall over the cliff. Her hair flew all around her. Her heart was in . Then she hit the cold water. It took a moment to get her mind to start working again, but once it did, she started to thrash in the water, trying to get to the surface as fast as she could. When her head broke the surface, she saw a sea-doo getting closer to her.

Caleb peeked over the cliff. “Are you okay, Minji?”

The water's freezing! I thought I was gonna die!” Minji shouted back.

That's a wrap! Go dry off and relax, Mi-Cha!” the director yelled down at her.

The person on the sea-doo pulled her on, then drove back toward shore. A crowd of people had gathered, all cheering. Further down on the beach, Dae and Shu Fang were building a sand castle happily by themselves, guarded by King and their Rottweiler, Ace.

Excuse me, but can I take my siblings for a quick ride on the sea-doo before we have to go?” Minji asked the driver.

Of course, Miss Mi-Cha.” the man nodded, redirecting them to the two children.

Shu Fang was the first to notice her and got to her feet. “Were you scared?”

Dae jumped to his feet. “Are you taking us for a ride? Can we go really fast?”

Minji laughed. “I was terrified, and yes I am. Hurry up and get over here. Thank the kind man for letting you have a ride.”

Both of them ran over and bowed to the man. “Thank you, mister.”

No problem.” he smiled, getting up and helping the children sit in front of Minji.

Once they were both comfy, they looked at Minji and nodded. Minji grinned and took off, gaining speed quickly. The two children were squealing happily. They went in circles, riding over the waves they had previously made, and enjoyed themselves. But it didn't last as long as any of them wanted, as they had to return to land. Minji was starting to shiver with the cold. They returned the water machine to the man, then started up the beach to the nearest washroom, King and Ace following close behind. But as soon as Minji saw nine familiar faces, she froze in shock. Jerico, Joel, and Oliver were standing with Taemin, Yesung, Xiumin, Tao, G-Dragon, and Henry. Shu Fang and Dae looked between the group and Minji, then stomped over to the group with King and Ace trailing behind.

Dae started shouting in Korean. “You're irritating Noona!”

Shu Fang continued screaming in Chinese. “Stop bugging DaJie!”

They both finished in English. “Get lost!”

Ace and King barked. Minji started laughing so hard that she stumbled and fell, holding her stomach. The children ran to her and bent down to inspect her and see if there was anything wrong. Tears had formed in Minji's eyes, and she was shivering even more now than she had been before. Slowly she composed herself and got to her feet, although she was shaky.

Meet my bodyguards. This is Yuu Shu Fang and this is Yuu Dae. And, of course, King and Ace.” Minji grinned, introducing the four in Korean. “I've been gone for three weeks; was I really missed that much?”

Of course, Minji-ya. Everyone misses you.” Taemin nodded.

How was the fall, Minji? Were you scared?” Joel asked, smirking.

I thought I was going to die, thank you very much, you jerk!” Minji snapped, then looked at King. “King, sick 'im!” She pointed directly at Joel.

Barking, King ran at Joel and jumped on him, bringing him to the ground. King stood with his paws on Joel's shoulders, pinning the man to the ground, and bared his teeth while growling threateningly. The other eight stared, shocked. Fans were gathering, curious as to what was going on. With a smile, Minji turned away from Joel and King to give out autographs. Each thing that she autographed was kissed, then handed back.

Dae tugged on her soaked shirt and spoke in Chinese. “DaJie, you're shivering and cold. You should change.”

Minji smiled. “Okay. King, stay. Ace, watch the children. I'll be right back.”

She went into the bathroom and quickly changed into a black and red checkered skirt, a black tank top, a black and red checkered sweater, and black skater shoes. Then she quickly brushed out her hair before exiting. Dae, Shu Fang, and Ace came over to Minji, and she whistled for King to come. King jumped off of Joel and walked happily over to Minji, wagging his tail.

So, where have you guys been staying, and for how long?” Minji asked her six idol companions.

Across from them in an apartment. We've been there for two days now.” Henry stated, gaining a look of horror from Joel, Oliver, and Jerico. “We have to have two to a room, unless someone wants to sleep on the couch.”

Minji her lower lip angrily, glaring at the three as she spoke English. “You put them in there? They are staying in that small apartment... all six of them. And where is Caleb staying?”

Oliver shrunk back. “Caleb's staying with us, Minji.”

She clenched and unclenched her fists. “I'll deal with the four of you later.” She turned to look at the six and smiled, speaking Korean again. “If you're all uncomfortable in that apartment, you can come and stay at my house. We have seven rooms, so you can all have your own rooms.”

Jerico smiled weakly. “It was a surprise for you, so we had to do something.”

You're only making it worse for yourself by talking, Jerico Rosa. I'm going home to make lunch for the children.” Minji spat, spinning on her heels and walking away with the children and dogs.

Joel cringed. “She's gonna kill us and serve us for dinner. She hasn't been that cruel for a long time.”

G-Dragon raised an eyebrow. “How was that cruel? Minji-ya seemed a little mad, but not that bad.”

Oliver shook his head. “She never uses full names, and she always says goodbye, and she was so cold.”

It was nice knowing all of you.” Yesung sighed.