First Meeting

Against All Odds

RING!

Yoona woke up and off the alarm clock. The morning seemed to remind her that yesterday was over and she found herself afraid that yesterday was just a dream. Suddenly her phone vibrated on the bedside table, she immediately sat up, grabbed it and clicked on the message.

 

'Good morning beautiful xoxo :) Today will be even better than yesterday. Trust me baby' - Jonghyun oppa.

 

Yoona laughed cheerfully. It was the first time she ever received such messages.

It was the first time she had such a feeling.

The feeling of love.

 


 

"You look cheerful today" Yonghwa commented as he passed by her.

"Ne" she grinned, cutting the sausage.

"I'm going early to work okay?" Yonghwa told her like every morning but today, she didn't feel sad.

"De. Come back safely" she said cheerfully.

 

Yonghwa raised an eyebrow at her over-cheerful attitude but still grabbed his suitcase and left.

"Miss, you look like you're on cloud nine today" my maid told her, pouring milk into her glass.

Yoona smiled at her maid, "Have you ever had someone that made you feel like flying before, Ai Yeon?".

"Aniyo.." Ai Yeon shook her head.

"Then you'll understand when you do meet that person but I can tell you, the feeling.. is beautiful" Yoona smiled despite herself.

 


 

Yoona held her textbook and white book as she entered the school compound. She walked as usual, expecting to see nobody when someone closed his hands around her eyes. The hands weren't soft, they were rather large in size, definitely a guy and the tips of the fingers were calluses.

"Guess who?" someone whispered to her at her ear.

"Jonghyun oppa" she nearly gasped.

"Good morning sunshine" Jonghyun oppa took his hands away from her eyes and smiled at her.

"Good morning" she smiled back.

 

"Come here" he pulled her by the hand to their spot by the lake. They sat at the same spot. He turned and gave her a proud smile.

"Yoona, give me your white book".

"Waeyo?" Yoona reluctantly clutched her bag. All her secrets were in there, what did he want it for?

"Just give it to me" he insisted. "Don't you trust me?" his voice turned into sadness.

"I..I.. Take it" she opened her bag and handed him the book. He accepted it and placed it into his bag. He took out a baby blue notebook and gave it to her instead.

"What is this?" Yoona turned the book around and opened it. It was empty.

"My book" he smiled.

"Huh?".

"From now on, this white book of yours, containing all your pain will be kept safe by me. And you need to write about everything happy that happened in your daily life in this book right now. I will check it every week okay?".

"What if I have something sad?" Yoona asked.

"Then you must call me. I'll be your white book now".

 

Yoona looked at the innocent blue book on her hand, she flipped open the first page and there was a drawing of a smiling girl. And total opposite to her drawing on her white book. She looked up to Jonghyun.

"Oppa.." she whispered softly. She was touched. Honestly.

"From now on, I want you to be happy. So smile" he touched her cheek and pulled a corner of her lips upwards into a smile. Yoona smiled cheerfully.

Thank you, Jonghyun oppa.

 


 

'Dear Jonghyun oppa,

This my first post in this blue book. So I would like to tell you first thing.

Thank you so much, oppa.

Ever since eomma and appa left for New York, I felt alone. My brother didn't have time to be with me either.

I felt sad and alone inside. So no matter how much Yuri tried to make me smile, I could never smile or laugh from the heart. It was always a smile to please others.

But oppa, you made me smile again. A smile from my heart. I am so thankful oppa :)

Please continue to be by my side.

  -  Yoona, 1/3/2013'

 She closed the book carefully.

 


 

 

Yonghwa noticed Yoona's weird behaviour almost immediately. Usually, she would come into his room every night. But now, he barely saw her come out of her room. Once, he walked past her room and heard her giggling over the phone. She was happier than he ever saw her in 10 years.

 

And now, Yonghwa sat on the sofa. He finally had free time off the office. Usually Yoona would be running down, celebrating but now, she was nowhere to be seen.

"Where is the miss?" he asked the maid.

"At her room, sir" the maid replied.

"Listen Ai Yeon, do you feel Miss Yoona is being weird or.. different from last time?".

"I feel so too, sir. She is more cheerful and happy now" Ai Yeon answered honestly.

"What do you think is happening?".

"I'm not sure...sir.." Ai Yeon hesitated.

Yonghwa noticed her hesitant. "Have you thought about anything?".

"I-- I don't want to cause any misunderstanding sir. I'm not sure myself" she bowed her head.

"Just tell. I won't get mad".

"I think the miss might be in love" she told him.

 

It hit him hard. My baby Yoona? In love? Happy of another man?

"I understand. You're dismissed" he told her. She bowed and went to the kitchen.

Yonghwa pondered for a moment. Love. He had experienced it before but it didn't work out well and eventually it fell apart like nothing ever happened. And now Yoona in love?

Yonghwa fetched out his mobile phone and scrolled through his contacts before tapping on a certain name.

"Hello? Is this Mr. Goo?".

 


 

Yonghwa tapped his fingers on the table as he waited for the arrival of his guest. He wasn't used to waiting but for his baby sister, he would do almost anything.

From behind, a figure appeared.

"Mr. Jung" he greeted.

"Mr. Goo. Sit" he pointed to the seat in front of him.

"Thank you, Mr. Jung" he sat down in front of him. "It's a surprise that you called me out in such a short time. Anything of my service?".

"Yes. I need you to follow my sister".

"And may I ask why?".

"Find out if she has a boyfriend. Personal reasons".

"Sure Mr. Jung. I'll inform you of the results by?".

"Two days".

"I'll meet you again then".

"Thank you".

 


 

 

Jonghyun and Yoona were walking hand in hand as they ate their ice creams. Yoona's was vanilla flavour while Jonghyun's was chocolate flavour.

"How it is?" Jonghyun asked her, grinning.

"Delicious. Want to taste?" Yoona held it out to his mouth.

He it and his lips.

"Taste as sweet as you" Jonghyun sweet talked.

"Yah. Such a sweet talker".

"Only to you baby" Jonghyun cooed, not noticing that chocolate smudged the end of his lips.

"Who's the big baby here?" Yoona laughed as she gently wiped the ice cream off the corner of his lips. Jonghyun just smiled happily at the tender touch.

"Jonghyun oppa, where do you live?" Yoona suddenly asked, curious. He knew where she lived but she never knew where he did.

"Er.. just.. an.. apartment" he hesitated. Yoona knew he was hiding something.

"What is it? I know you're hiding something".

"It's just that.. My house isn't as grand as yours" he said.

"What do you mean?" Yoona frowned. "I don't mind you know. I just want to see how was your life before me".

"Sure you want to know?".

"Yes".

"Alright" Jonghyun sighed. "I'll show you".

 


 

"Will your noona be home?" Yoona asked uneasily as they walked along the path.

"No.. she should be working tonight" he assured her.

"Oh" she felt somehow relieved.

"We've reached" he pulled her to a stop.

 

Yoona look upwards. The building was old, the paint were peeled and gray with plenty of spray paints. The stairs were simen and cracked. So were the walls. Light flickered as it struggled to keep on.

"I told you so" Jonghyun said uneasily.

"It's old but it's fine" Yoona reminded herself of Jonghyun and his noona's life from childhood. Being able to live in this apartment must already be heaven for them.

"Come on up. Be careful" he held her hand tightly as he led her up the stairs.

"What floor?" she asked.

"The 9th floor. Sorry there's no elevator".

"It's okay" she answered him. Yoona thought of them siblings having to climb up and down daily. She shouldn't even be complaining.

 

They took a while to walk up but Jonghyun never let go of her hand. Finally they reach the outside of his house.

"Wait a sec" Jonghyun rummaged through his backpack and fetch out a bunch of keys. He opened the door and gestured for Yoona to go in first.

She entered the lot. It was simple and tidy. There wasn't much decoration but it did have a home feeling.

"It's not much but it's better than living at the streets" he said as he took off his shoes. Yoona took off her heels and arranged it neatly at the rack.

"Aren't you going to introduce me to your house?" Yoona raised an eyebrow.

"Follow me" he walked to the corner of the open spot that had an old sofa and small TV.

"Living room".

He gestured her into the open kitchen with a small table and two chairs.

"Kitchen and dining room".

He then led her to another room and opened the door.

"Bathroom".

Continuing, he stopped outside a room.

"This is my noona's room and finally.." he walked to the last door. "My room".

 

Curious, Yoona opened the door and Jonghyun flipped the light switch on.

The room is simple and blue, his guitar stood out the most as it leaned against the wall. It was very obvious which was his most prized possession. His room was small and packed but all the same, she still liked it.. it symbolizes him as a person.

"End of tour".

"Your house is great!" Yoona said.

"For me. For you, my room is probably the size of your toilet".

 

Yoona rolled her eyes. She strode across the room and his guitar. It was electric blue. She remember how it caught her eye the first day she saw Jonghyun.

"Oppa. Play for me".

"Huh?".

"The guitar" she gestured to it. "Play for me" she plopped down on his bed.

He went to get his guitar and sat next to her.

"Any song request?".

"Anything".

 

He started strumming his guitar slowly and sang.

 

'Woo... Oh woo woo.. Oh woo woo oh. Oh woo woo..

Oh, her eyes, her eyes makes the stars look like they're not shining'

Yoona smiled as she realised what he is trying to tell her right now.

'Her laugh, her laugh she hates but I think it's so y

She's so beautiful, and I'll tell her everyday"

 

he ended the first verse with a smirk.

Man, this guy..

 

'When I see your face! The whole world stops and stares for a while. Cause girl you're amazing, just the way you are!

And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while. Cause girl you're amazing, just the way you are'.

 

Jonghyun smiled at her. Yoona blushed as she took the guitar from him., "That was beautiful".

Jonghyun smiled at her even wider.

"Teach me how to play", Yoona urged.

"You need consistent practicing and your fingers will hurt and get calluses like me. You sure you want to learn?" Jonghyun showed his fingers. Yoona already knew, everytime she held his hand, she could feel those rough calluses on her hand but she liked it. It reminded her that Jonghyun was real.

"Just a few chords" she insisted.

"Alright. See, this is C" Jonghyun began pulling her fingers all over the strings.

"Try strumming" he told her.

Yoona strummed but the sound didn't sound right at all.

"You've to hold harder and don't press any other strings" he said as he placed his fingers over hers.

"Try strumming now" Yoona strummed gently. The melody came out just right.

"Yay!" she cheered excitedly like a small kid. He smiled at her, as if he was admiring a masterpiece.

 

Yoona stopped, her face red, inches away from his face.

 

"What are you looking at?".

"You're beautiful" he told her softly.

 

Yoona blushed uncontrollably. He came closer. This was it. He was going to kiss her. Their very first kiss. She didn't know what to do, she never kissed anyone before. Yoona close her eyes, as it seemed to be the only logical thing to do.

Yoona could feel him coming closer, his breath on my skin.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Closer...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Closer...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 The tip of our lips were brushing against each other.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"JONGHYUN, I'm back!" Yoona heard the front door open and a girl's voice. They immediately pulled away, blushing furiously. Gosh, this was so embarrassing.

"Jonghyun?" Yoona heard a voice calling from outside.

"Ne noona" Jonghyun answered. "Let's go, meet my noona".

"Yah, your noona?" Yoona almost dropped her jaw but Jonghyun simply pulled her out.

Yoona tried her best to pat her hair down and straighten her clothes. Best to look presentable.

 

They went out to the living room. There she saw a girl around Yonghwa's age taking out her shoes. She was dressed very casually, T-shirt and jeans, her long hair tied up in a ponytail.

"Jonghyun-ah, you-" the girl looked up and stopped at Yoona. "Who is that?".

"Noona, meet Yoona. My girlfriend" Jonghyun introduced her.

Yoona bowed, smiling weakedly at the awkward introduction. "Anyeonghasaeyo, I'm Jung Yoona".

"Girlfriend? Well this is a surprise. Say Jonghyunnie, if I didn't come home early, would you have hid her from me?" her eyes narrowed at Jonghyun.

"Aniya noona. I was planning to introduced her to you already actually".

"Anyeonghasaeyo. You can call me Seohyun" Seohyun smiled at Yoona.

"Ahrasso" I smiled back.

"Jashik Jonghyun! If you're bringing your girlfriend home then you should have told me. I could have gone to buy some new vegetables for dinner. You do know we have nothing in the fridge" Seohyun glared at Jonghyun.

"It's okay, eonnie. I'm not hungry" Yoona smiled.

"Andwae, what kind of manners do I have if I don't cook for the guest. Hmm.. We still have some noodles left I guess" Seohyun pondered.

"I'm fine with anything" Yoona didn't want to trouble them.

"Jonghyun, you make sure Yoona feels comfortable while I cook BUT NO PDA" Seohyun announced.

"Eonnie" Yoona blushed furiously while Jonghyun acted stupid.

"What's PDA? I don't know what's that" Jonghyun put on a blurry face.

 

 


 

2 Days Later...

 


 

 

Yonghwa looked out of the car window as a man entered the car from the other side.

"Mr. Goo" he acknowledged him.

"Mr. Jung" the man nod back.

"Findings?".

"I have followed Miss Jung for two days. I can officially conclude Miss Jung has a more intimate relationship with boy than normal friends".

 

 Mr. Goo fished out a file from his suitcase.

"The boy's identity?" Yonghwa frowned as he took the file from Mr. Goo.

"A student from her school, 19, his name is Seo Jonghyun" Mr. Goo said.

"Family background?".

"He lives in a rundown flat with his sister, orphaned since young age, his parents were killed in a car accident" Mr. Goo said.

"Is there a possibility he is just after her wealth?" Yonghwa asked seriously.

 

Mr. Goo considered for a moment, "There is a possibility".

 

Yonghwa's fist unconsciously clenched tighter. No one can toy with his sister.

"Everything is recorded in this file, I take it?" Yonghwa held up the file.

"Yes, everything on the boy's details" Mr. Goo nod.

"Good. Thank you for your service and help" Yonghwa held out his hand.

"It's my job, Mr. Jung. I'll take my leave, anytime you need my service again just give me a ring" Mr. Goo shook his hand and got out of the car.

Yonghwa opened the file and stared at the student card picture of Jonghyun. He frowned as he scanned the picture.

The boy looked good-natured but they didn't they always say, don't believe a person's words by his face?

He didn't know who this boy was but if he thought he could hurt his baby sister, he was dead wrong.

He wanted to cheat her money? Yonghwa would cheat his life.

 


 

Yonghwa sat on the sofa as he scanned through the file.

It said there,

 

Name: Seo Jonghyun

Age: 19 years old

Profession: Student

School: Seiko High School

Family Members: 2 (including himself and one older sister - Seo Ju Hyun)

Status: Single

Criminal Record: None

Parents Names: Seo Kim Hyun (deceased) , Yoo Ha In (deceased)

 

Just then, the door opened and Yoona came in after just coming back from school or Yonghwa hoped she was from school and not back from that boy.

"Anyeong Oppa" Yoona smiled as she took off her shoes.

"Anyeong.. You're late today, where are you from?" Yonghwa asked carefully.

"I had extra class for English. Oppa, you're home early" Yoona glanced at her watch. It was only 5:30 pm. Her brother hasn't been home early since she was 14.

"I had an open schedule today" Yonghwa said.

"Right.. I'll go shower first then we could have dinner together!" Yoona said excitedly.

Finally a proper dinner with her brother!

"Ahrasso" Yonghwa pulled a small smile as he watched Yoona bounce up the stairs in joy. The talk would have to wait.

 


   

"So how was school today?" Yonghwa asked as he cut a piece of his chicken on the plate.

"It was great" Yoona said cheerfully as she popped a French fry into .

"You seem happier than usual" Yonghwa asked carefully, keeping his eyes on his plate.

"I feel happy" Yoona smiled cheerfully.

 

Yonghwa almost lost the heart to ask her anything because after all these years, he couldn't remember when was the last time Yoona was smiling so happily.

 

"Waeyo, oppa? Why aren't you eating?" Yoona looked up at Yonghwa whom was frozen, staring at her.

Yonghwa immediately began pretending to eat again, answering a mere "I am eating".

"Oppa, you haven't been home early for a long time," Yoona sulked. "Waa, this makes me reminiscent".

"Is that so? I'm sure I came home early on..." Yonghwa's voice trailed off.

"Don't remember right?" Yoona smirked.

"Well, maybe you're right but at least I'm home early now" Yonghwa defended himself.

"Ahrasso, you have work hard today" Yoona coaxed him.

 

There was a period of silence as they continued eating..

 

Yonghwa suddenly started rather slowly, "Yoona, remember you promise oppa that.. If you had a boyfriend, oppa would be the first to know?".

 

Yoona froze halfway while cutting her chicken, "Of-of course" Yoona said in an unnatural tone.

"So?"Yonghwa asked, somehow he wished Yoona would just be honest with him.

"So.. what oppa? I don't understand what you are talking about" Yoona said, keeping her stare on her plate.

 

Yonghwa put down his cutlery and said three words in a stern voice, "Seo. Jong. Hyun".

 

The knife in Yoona's hand slipped and clattered to the floor noisily. Her eyes widen as she looked up to meet Yonghwa's stern stare.

 

"How.. How did you know?" Yoona stuttered.

"Did you hope I would never know?" Yonghwa said.

"Oppa, I--" Yoona tried to explain.

"Break up with him" Yonghwa immediately stated.

Yoona's lips trembled so badly, she had to bite it to stop it but she refused to drop her stare.

"No".

She could tolerate anything with her brother, just not Jonghyun.

"I said, break up with him!" Yonghwa raised his voice.

"I said no!" Yoona yelled back.

 

In the corner of her eye, she saw the maids hiding behind the kitchen wall. She knew what they were afraid of.. Yonghwa and her rarely fight. It wasn't a pretty sight.

"He isn't good enough for you!" Yonghwa argued.

"and who is, oppa? No one will be ever good enough for you. You don't even know him yet you are so sure already!" Yoona said.

"I know people better than you!" Yonghwa insisted.

"but I think I understand hearts better than you!".

"That boy will just use you, he must know that your family own the largest department store in Korea!".

"He doesn't know!" Yoona said.

"That's not for you to say! I will not stand at one side and watch my little sister get hurt by a bastard!"

"Don't call Jonghyun oppa that!".

"Don't say his name in front of me!".

 

There was silence as we gasped for breath, glaring at each other.

 

"If you don't break up with him, I'll make him break up with you" Yonghwa said finally.

Yoona eyes widen in shock as all possibilities flashed through her, "What are you going to do? I forbid you from hurting him!", she cried out.

Yonghwa looked stern and said, "You're the one forcing me, Jung Yoona".

"Oppa! I said YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HURT JONGHYUN OPPA!" Yoona cried.

"THEN BREAK UP WITH HIM!" Yonghwa roared.

 

Yoona got up abruptly, tears were pooling in her eyes. She hated fighting with her brother but he left her no choice, "I'm leaving".

 

"JUNG YOONA! DON'T YOU DARE WALK OUT ON ME!" Yonghwa yelled as Yoona headed out towards the front door.

"Oppa! If you can't left go of that prejudice you have to Jonghyun oppa, then I'm sorry. I don't think it's possible for me to stay here anymore without us fighting anymore and I don't want to fight with you" she stopped right at the door but she didn't look back at him.

"You are forbidden from meeting that boy!" Yonghwa commanded.

"I can't, oppa. I have to. I'm sorry" Yoona ran out of the door.

"JUNG YOONA!" Yonghwa screamed but she didn't come back.

 

He took the antique vase at the display table and threw it to the floor in anger. It shattered into a tiny pieces and the sound startled him.

 

Yoona.

 

His baby sister.

 

What had he done?

 

Yonghwa ran out of the house and sped to the main gate but Yoona had already got on a taxi. He tried to chase her but the taxi simply zoomed off.

Yonghwa stared shock and gasped for air, Yoona-ah. How could you do this to oppa?

Do you love that boy more than you love your own brother?

"AHHHH!" Yonghwa yelled in frustration as he punched his own fist at the wall in frustration.

Yoona was never like this in the past.

It was all that Jonghyun boy's fault.

 


 

 

Tears streamed down Yoona's face as the taxi accelerated. She forced herself to not look back to see if her brother was there.

She loved her brother very much. He was her role model, her protector, her father, her brother, her knight.

To leave him like she did pains her more than anyone.

But when Yonghwa criticised Jonghyun, threatened to hurt him, she knew she had to leave. 

At least for now.

I'm sorry, Yonghwa oppa.

 


 

Yoona hesitated to ring the doorbell, feeling ashamed.

What am she doing there?

but she didn't know where else to go..

what should she do?

 

"Yoona?" she heard a voice call her from behind.

"Ah. Seohyun eonnie" she turned and bowed at Seohyun, whom just arrived from the stairs. She looked tired and carried an old bag but all the same, she smiled warmly at Yoona.

"You came to see Jonghyun? But at this hour.." Seohyun hesitated while glancing at her watch. Yoona was pretty sure it's going to be 10 o'clock in the night already.

"Eonnie.." Yoona bit her lips. Tears rolled down her cheeks when she remembered what happened.

"Waeyo? Come inside first" Seohyun put her arm around Yoona and opened the door.

 

She led her inside and sat her down on the sofa, closing the door behind her.

"Wait a second. Jonghyun!" Seohyun called, her arms still tightly wrapped around Yoona's shoulder.

Jonghyun came out, wearing a tight white shirt and three quarter pants, obviously his pajamas.

He didn't notice Yoona in the beginning, "Wae? Eh? Yoona?" he came towards Yoona. "Why are you here? Are you crying?" Jonghyun placed his arm around Yoona as Seohyun withdrew hers.

"Jonghyun oppa.." Yoona in her breath, trying hard to hold in her tears.

"Waeyo Yoona?" Jonghyun asked her, worriedly while wiping her tears away gently with his callused fingers.

Yoona confessed immediately, "It's my brother. He forbid me from going out with you. He said he will hurt you if I don't listen to him" she cried out.

Jonghyun frown in concern but he didn't even seem worried at the last part about her brother hurting him, "So you ran out here?".

Yoona nod, feeling ashamed, "I was upset and I didn't know where to go..".

 

Seohyun considered for a moment as Jonghyun rubbed Yoona's shoulder soothingly to comfort her.

 

Finally Seohyun said, "Yoona, if you want, you can stay here for a period".

"Really? but I don't want to bother you.." Yoona's voice trailed off.

Seohyun nod, her expression was kind, "Yes. You can sleep at Jonghyun's room. Jonghyun can sleep here", Seohyun pat on the couch.

Yoona looked wide eye at Seohyun in awe, "but eonnie, aren't you afraid of my brother?".

Unexpectedly to Yoona, Seohyun gave a rather sheepish grin, "I've met too many people to be scared of your brother, Yoona".

 


 

Yonghwa slammed his hand on his desk in anger. His documents slid off the table and some of the stationeries tumbled to the floor but Yonghwa couldn't careless about that anymore. 

Yoona didn't come home the whole night so she must be with that boy.

There was a knock on the door.

 

"Come in" Yonghwa tried to control his voice but he still sounded fierce.

His secretary came in but didn't comment on the suddenly messy surroundings and simply reported, "Mr. Jung, just a reminder that you have lunch today with Director Oh and dinner with the president of --".

Yonghwa cut in immediately, "Cancel it".

The secretary was taken aback in surprise, "Ne?".

Yonghwa frowned, "Cancel it all. Clear my schedule tonight. I have something to do".

 


 

Seohyun felt severely tired as she retied her apron at her waist. It wasn't like normally she didn't feel tired. For the past years, she couldn't remember a day she wasn't tired but now, she felt even worse than usual. She considered the possibilities. 

Was she sick? She really hope not.. she still had a shift of dish washing before her day or rather night ends.

 

Seohyun continued wiping the table but Tiffany was next to notice something strange about her.

"Seohyun-ah, you look pale" Tiffany asked, looking concerned.

"I'm okay" Seohyun shrugged and hurried off to clear a table as the previous customers left. Fany will definitely start nagging her if she finds out she was not well and that was the last thing she wanted to hear.

"Welcome!" Seohyun heard Fany greet loudly. Naturally, Seohyun turned and greeted as well.

"Anyonghasaeyo" she bowed. One man came in, well dressed with a coat and formal wear. Then Seohyun remembered, it was that handsome guy from that day. She remembered that face.

"Seohyun-ah, please clear that table for this gentleman" Fany called for her, startling her out of her deep thoughts..

 

The cafe was full already so every table had to be cleared immediately when each customer leaves to ensure enough tables.

"Please wait a second" Seohyun hurried to the dirty table and quickly cleared the table as the man waited beside her. She used a damp cloth to wipe the table and carried the dirty dishes to the sink before gesturing him to sit.

"What can I get you?" Seohyun tried to sound cheerful but her voice was slightly more hoarse than she was used to.

"Coffee. Just coffee" he told her.

"Yes sir..." she answered hesitantly. It wasn't because the man was good-looking. It was because the man was staring at her. Right at her, his eyes seemed to be piercing hers. Seohyun tried not to overthink and bowed before leaving, "I'll get to your order immediately".

 

Seohyun went to the counter and began making the coffee. Her head was starting to hurt from the constant day's work since early morning but she ignored it.

She placed the cup on a tray and made her way to his table. He looked at her, his eyes never leaving hers.

She was almost reaching him already but suddenly a wave of dizziness hit her and she nearly lost balance but managed to stay up by holding a table nearby. However, the cup of coffee was less fortunate as it fell to the floor and cracked, the coffee spilled. Seohyun could hear loud gasps from shocked customers.

 

Seohyun immediately started bowing in apology, "Sorry..sorry" she tried to apologise, bending down to pick up the glass pieces.

"Seohyun-ah!" Fany came up behind her. "I think you're really not well. Just go home and take a break".

"Gwenchana" Seohyun shook her head.

"It's okay Seohyun. I have Sunny here to help me today. Go home. This is an order" Fany pulled her hands away from the cup shards.

Seohyun looked up to argue but finally succumber to Fany's strict face, "I.. okay".

"I'm really sorry" Seohyun bowed one last time to the customers and to the man who seemed shocked before going to the room behind the counter.

 

She took off her apron, grab her bag and went out, bidding goodbye to Tiffany and Sunny. She forgot to bring a coat and unluckily, it turned out to be a chilly night. Seohyun wrapped her arms around herself and rubbed as she walked along the roadside, trying hard to stay focus and not get knocked over. She still felt dizzy from before but she tried hard to shake it off. The cold was definitely not helping.

Suddenly someone called her name from behind loudly, footsteps could be heard heading towards her. Seohyun turned and saw the man from the cafe chasing after her.

 

She stopped as he came closer.

"Seo Ju Hyun-shii?" he called out.

"Yes?" Seohyun tried to sound polite despite the fact that her entire body was screaming and aching just for something to lie on. However, she did break his cup of coffee so she should at least be respectful to him.

"I have something to discuss with you" he said seriously.

Seohyun held in a groan, now was so not a good time for her, "Can we push it later please?".

The man shook his head, "It can't wait. I'm Yoona's brother if you must know" he said in a matter-of-factly tone.

Seohyun's raised an eyebrow, "Yoona's brother?". That caught her by surprise, but Yoona was so pretty so she should have guess her brother would look somewhat good-looking as well. So he is that dictator brother?

Yonghwa nod seriously, "Yes and I'm going to cut things short, I need you to ask your brother to stay away from my sister" he said sternly.

"Look" Seohyun was starting to get angry, obsessive men are so annoying and she wasn't in a very good mood for starters. "Your sister is 18 already and my brother is 19. I can't control and don't want to control their feelings for each other. And if you'll excuse me, I really need to go" Seohyun felt really dizzy now.

 

She turned and started walking away. She could hear him calling her to wait, probably to argue more but she was too tired to argue. Her vision was getting darker and black spots start to appear, before she knew it, her world was swirling. 

 

The moment his hand grabbed her arm to stop her from moving away, her knees just gave way.

 

The last thing she could remember was falling backwards, into something solid and muscular arms catching her from the back.

 

 


 

Yonghwa couldn't be in more shock.

First, she nearly threw a coffee cup at his face,

and now, she just fainted right on him.

 

Yonghwa held her up by under her arms as she leaned on his chest. She was definitely unconscious.

"Seo Ju hyun-shii? Seo Ju Hyun-shii!" Yonghwa called her but to no avail.

Dammit, maybe he should have really left her alone when she told her to. Yonghwa noticed the cold sweat around her forehead and placed a hand instinctively on her forehead.

She was burning hot.

"Just my luck" Yonghwa cursed at himself, lifting Seohyun up in bridal style.

There was no choice then.

 

 


 

 

Yonghwa struggled not to accidentally knock her head at the door as he single-handedly carried her into the house. He didn't think she would appreciate an extra bump on her head when she woke up. Yonghwa carried her to the second floor, to the guest room and placed her down on the queen-sized bed carefully. Yonghwa took off her shoes and covered her with the blanket.

 

He stared down at the lady. She had a small face with brunette hair. She might actually look feminine with her features if her lips weren't so dry and her face was so pale. 

 

Yonghwa felt a slight tinge of guiltiness when he looked at how pale the girl was.

 

Heck, why is he even feeling guilty about the sister of the boy who manipulated his sister?

 

Oh yeah, maybe it's because he caused her to faint at the streets, partially at least.

 

oh well.

 

Yonghwa moved her fringe out of her face and touched her forehead again. It was still burning hot.

Yonghwa left the room and went to the kitchen. He opened the fridge and took out a cool fever patch. He trudged back to the guest room and carefully placed it on her forehead, pressing it down rather gently.

"You better be grateful, Seo Ju Hyun-shii" Yonghwa said in a warning tone as he snapped the light switch off and left the room.

 

 


 

ANYEONGGGG~

YAYYYY YONGSEO HAS MET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Seohyun fainted.

nope, not many people faint on each other on first meetings =P

I've been dying to make Yongseo meet since the beginning and now finally THEY HAVE MET OMGGGGG.

see what I mean by they meet because of JongYoon? It just has to make sense for me hahaha.

so now that YongSeo has met,

Can you guess what kind of first impression they will have and what kind of reaction Seohyun will have when she wakes up?

How about we play a game, the person who guesses the closest to the real reaction will be mentioned in my next chapter?

SO PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS AND THANK YOU FOR READING =) *bows*

-JungHae