Sparkling Attractions

Against All Odds

That night, Yonghwa lay upon his bed, his arm under his head. He was deep in thought, thinking about what happened today.

How strange today was.

He allowed Yoona and Jonghyun to date finally. Truth to be told, perhaps many people including maybe Yoon herself will think that he allowed because Yoona begged him or he was afraid of her running away again.

But that wasn't even the slightest bit true ..

The reason why he allowed her to date that Seo Jong Hyun was because...

 

Yoona was happier than he ever saw her in 10 years. That smile, he didn't want her to ever lose it.

 

But more surprisingly, three out of four of his thoughts now directed itself to one woman with Yonghwa having no control or say over it.

 

Seo Ju Hyun.

 

He couldn't stop thinking about her.

 

How he argued with her, how she partially caused him to topple into the pond, her laugh, her smile, her frown, her anger, her words.

 

And he didn't understand why at all that it frustrated him.

He had met prettier, smarter, richer women than Seo Ju Hyun.

Normally, he wouldn't even remember such normal women let alone like them so he definitely DIDN'T LIKE Seo Ju Hyun.

But he couldn't forget a normal woman like her.

He remembered the bad memory of falling into the lake and ..

Her smile and laugh.

Her sincere laugh after his accident.

He should be angry now but he was dazzled.

Dazzled by her laugh.

 

The most frightening thing was, he was anticipating the next time he would meet this dazzling woman.

 

 


 

 

Seohyun lay upon her bed on her side, her hands resting under her head as she scrolled through the night's events in her head.

It was such a glad that Mr.Yonghwa Jerk agreed to let Jonghyun and Yoona date. She was actually afraid of Jonghyun's reaction if Yonghwa said no but that seemed like overthinking to her now.

Jonghyun was so happy.

Seohyun loved seeing him happy.

As for Mr. Yonghwa Jerk, well, he wasn't such a big jerk today and he did allow Jonghyun and Yoona to date so .. maybe..

Nahh, he's still a jerk.

What scared Seohyun the most is, Yonghwa was probably furious with her for the pond incident.

Will he seek her out for revenge?

And OH MY GOD, WAS HE GOING TO ORDER MEN TO ASSAULT HER LIKE IN MOVIES?

OR SEND MEN TO KIDNAP HER OR HER BROTHER OR EVEN WORST?!

 

One thing was for sure, Seohyun was praying that she'll never meet that jerk again.

 


 

 

"Noona!" Jonghyun called from the living room.

Seohyun was tying her hair up in  a ponytail in her room when she heard Jonghyun shouting for her outside. She replied loudly, "What?".

"Aren't you done yet?" Jonghyun groaned from outside.

Seohyun mentally cursed Jonghyun.

That stupid brat, she spent 18 years waiting for him outside his door and he was complaining after day 1 of waiting outside her door.

Seohyun grabbed her bag and opened the door. Jonghyun was sitting at the sofa, yawning. He was already wearing his uniform surprisingly. Seohyun told him,  "I'm done already. What are you doing outside my door so early? You usually sleep until after I prepare breakfast".

Jonghyun sat up, "Well, I just wanted to tell you that I am going to pick Yoona up at her house and then we'll go eat breakfast together".

Seohyun narrowed her eyes, "By we, you don't mean me right".

Jonghyun poke his inner cheek with his tongue, "You can come if you want".

It was so obvious in his tone though that he didn't want her to come.

Seohyun sighed loudly, "Nahh, I don't want to be a third wheel".

"Okay" Jonghyun grinned broadly, swinging his school bag over his shoulder and picked up a luggage bag from the floor.

"Yah" Seohyun glared in disgust, "You should at least pretend you're sad I'm not coming".

"Why would I?" Jonghyun grinned and swiftly reached the door. "I'm going now!" he left through the door.

"BE CAREFUL NOT TO GET IN TROUBLE WITH JUNG YONGHWA!" Seohyun yelled after him but he was already gone.

 

 


 

 

Jonghyun sat the bus to the nearest bus station to Yoona's neighbour and began walking to her house.

Maybe it was because it was a rich man's area, there weren't any bus stations in the neighbourhood.

It took him 15 minutes to reach. Jonghyun rang the doorbell and a voice greeted him.

"Anyonghasaeyo, who is it?" the Ahjussi from yesterday greeted.

"De anyonghasaeyo Ahjussi, I'm Seo Jong Hyun. The boy from yesterday? Yoona's friend?---" Jonghyun tried to explain.

But the door swung open before he could finish the sentence.

"Certainly, please come in" the voice answered.

"Kamsahamnida" Jonghyun thanked him and went in.

 

The house was busier in the morning, the maids were scurrying around cleaning and tidying the garden.

There were whispers around but Jonghyun ignored them and continued up the pavement.

"OPPA!" from a distance, Jonghyun saw Yoona waving at him while running towards him.

Jonghyun lifted him hand to wave back. Yoona ran and stopped just a few centimeters in front of him.

They aren't allowed PDA because technically it was Yonghwa's house so you got to play by his rules.

"Anyonghasaeyo" they greeted each other.

"Here's your clothes from your last stay, I forgotten to bring them over yesterday" Jonghyun passed the luggage to Yoona.

"It's okay, kamsahamnida oppa" Yoona took the luggage from him.

"Are we leaving now?" Jonghyun asked.

Unexpectedly, Yoona shook her head, "No, I'll go put the luggage in and... my brother wants to see you".

Jonghyun was shocked for a moment, "ME?!".

Yoona pat him at the back, "Don't worry, he probably just wants to greet you".

Jonghyun nod weakly but he seriously doubt that Jung Yonghwa wants to meet him just to say hi.

Jonghyun gulped uneasily and followed Yoona into the house.

 

 


 

 

Yonghwa was eating breakfast in the house, the newspaper was spread out on the table. Yoona passed the luggage to one of the maids as Jonghyun went forward and bowed.

"Anyonghasaeyo, Jung Yonghwa-shii".

"Morning" he replied curtly, lifting his eyes to look at him.

Well, at least he looks at him while he talks now. Jonghyun guessed that was a huge achievement for him.

"Yoona said you wanted to see me?" Jonghyun asked, a hundred depressing thoughts ran through his head. Maybe Yonghwa changed his mind and take back his consent in their dating? That would .

"Yes" Yonghwa put down his cutlery and folded his arms to his chest.

 

Jonghyun began more and more uneasy, "So what is it?".

 

"I want to see your house" Yonghwa stated flatly.

 

"Ne?!" Jonghyun asked, a little louder than necessary. Yoona was in a loss of words.

"I need to check the environment if my sister is going to be hanging out there" Yonghwa said business-like.

Yoona positively face palmed and tried to argue, "Yonghwa oppa, there is no need ---".

"Keep quiet, Yoona. I already allowed you two to date, the least you can let me do is some reassurance checking" Yonghwa silenced her.

Yoona didn't know what to argue back so she kept quiet.

Yonghwa turned back to Jonghyun, "So?".

Jonghyun hesitated for a moment but nod all the same, "Sure, eumm when?".

"Tonight" Yonghwa stated.

Jonghyun thought of his messy room and quickly said, "How about Friday night? Seohyun Noona doesn't have night shift on Friday and technically it's her house so she should be there if there's guest" Jonghyun rambled loudly.

 

It was a lie of course. Yoona came over when Seohyun wasn't there.

Jonghyun just felt much morrow reassured if his sister was by his side.

Managing the famous Jung Yonghwa was no easy task.

Yonghwa considered for a moment, "Fine, it's an appointment then".

Yoona sighed and asked, "Can we go now?".

"Remember, no holding hands, touching, skinship---" Yonghwa started nagging.

"Ahrasso anyeong oppa, come on Jonghyun oppa!" Yoona gestured Jonghyun out and they left through the front door.

"ONE METRE RADIUS!!" Yonghwa yelled after them.

 

Jonghyun and Yoona walked towards the front gate through the pavement. Yoona looked concerned while Jonghyun looked exceptionally glad his messy room was safe for now.

"Jonghyun oppa, aren't you worried about this Friday? Remember what happened yesterday?" Yoona asked worriedly.

Jonghyun couldn't help himself but chuckled, "You mean when Seohyun Noona pushed him into the pond?".

"Yonghwa oppa definitely slipped and fell" Yoona corrected him, "but no, when they fought at the dining table".

Jonghyun thought aloud for a moment, "Well one thing's for sure, we can expect a full blast World War 3 at my place this Friday".

Yoona sighed loudly, "I hope the apartment's roof will stay strong then".

 

Suddenly, they heard a tiny voice call after them.

"Miss Yoona" they turned and saw the owner of the voice. It was one of their maids, Min Ri. She ran after them while holding a bag.

"Ne?" Yoona asked her politely.

"I'm sorry for interrupting but I overheard that this mister here is the brother to Miss Seo?" Min Ri asked politely.

"Ne, I'm am. What's wrong?" Jonghyun asked, wondering how they knew his sister. But then, they knew him so they may know her too.

"These are the clothes Miss Seo left behind the last time she was here" the maid gave the bag to Jonghyun.

"Noona's clothes? But the last time she came, she didn't change her clothes" Jonghyun asked, confused.

"Not yesterday" Min Ri shook her head. "It was last week".

"WHAT? Why would Noona come here alone?" Jonghyun exclaimed loudly.

"I don't know" Min Ri shook her head. "I only know the sir came in, carrying her. I heard she was unconscious".

Both of their jaws fell open when they heard that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 1...

 

 

 

 

 

 2.  ..

 

 

 

 

 

 3...

 

 

 

 

 

 4. ...

 

 

 

 

 

 

"WHAT?!".

 

"Y-----Y----Yonghwa oppa carried Seohyun Eonnie into the house unconscious?" Yoona stuttered slightly.

"oh my god" Jonghyun mumbled softly.

"Then, I'll take my leave now" Min Ri, perhaps realising she said something she shouldn't have, immediately bowed and left.

Leaving the two frozen at the middle of the pavement.

What felt like an eternity passed before Jonghyun said,

"You don't think your brother has a thing for my sister right? Because that would be.. the end of the world".

"No, definitely not" Yoona assured him. Seohyun Noona was pretty but probably not her brother's style

"Well, that woman has double explanation to do tonight" Jonghyun said crossly.

 

 


 

 

Jonghyun sat on the sofa, his arms crossed around his chest, his fingers tapping rhythmically on his arms as he awaited his sister to return from work. The TV was on but he barely paid attention to it.

The main door opened and Seohyun came in, her bag slung over her shoulder in her normal fashion. She looked genuinely surprised to see him sitting there, looking quite crossed.

"Jonghyun? You aren't asleep yet?" Seohyun asked, glancing at the clock at the wall. It ticked to 12:30 am.

Jonghyun said curtly, "I was waiting for you".

Seohyun bend down to remove her shoes, "Really? Why?".

 

Jonghyun got up and went to stand in front of Seohyun, his arms still folded tightly at his chest, "WELL, I heard something very interesting today".

Seohyun straightened up and asked, "What is it?".

Jonghyun was a lot taller than Seohyun despite being younger of course because he was a grown man already, "You slept over at Yonghwa hyung's place, didn't you?".

Seohyun's eyes grew larger and her voice faltered slightly but she kept her cool, "Where did you hear that?".

"From the Jung maids" Jonghyun said, crossed.

Seohyun pushed past him and threw her bag to the sofa, before heading to the kitchen to grab a glass of water, saying casually "It's no big deal".

Jonghyun followed her closely behind, looking ever so mad, "What do you mean it doesn't matter? You slept at my girlfriend's brother's house! Does that make any sense?!".

"No, so don't ask" Seohyun said shortly, drinking the glass of water while turning to face him. She wasn't going to get out of this mess by squirming so she might as well turn and face it.

"What happened?" Jonghyun demanded.

"Do you really have to know?" Seohyun sighed, looking tired.

"Yes" Jonghyun said determinedly.

Seohyun sighed again and said, "Look, NOTHING happened between us. He came to confront me about you and Yoona and I was sick and I think I fainted, well I don't remember and then the next thing I knew, I was in his house".

Jonghyun looked surprise this time, "You fainted?".

Seohyun nod, "Yes".

Jonghyun's face turned curious, "What happened then?".

"Well.." Seohyun thought for a moment. "He was a jackass".

Jonghyun burst out with laughter before he could stop himself, "Why? HAHAHAHAHA".

"Well, he accused you of dating his sister for her money, OF COURSE, no surprise there and then he insisted on sending me to work" Seohyun narrowed her eyes at the memory. Jonghyun got himself a glass of water and held it.

Jonghyun looked surprised again and stopped mid-laughter, "He send you to work? That's nice, you didn't have to walk".

Seohyun rolled her eyes, "Yeah but that was until he picked a fight with my supervisor and nearly got me fired".

 

Jonghyun was drinking the water, his mouth filled with liquid. Wrong move. He burst out laughing, the water spurted everywhere causing Seohyun to scream.

"HE WHAT?!".

"YAH SEO JONG HYUN!".

"Oh sorry" Jonghyun smiled cheekily, wiping his mouth.

 

"Well continuing, he tried to drag me after from the place. He wouldn't stop the car, I threw it open while he was driving at .. er 150 km/h? Something like that. Then he called me an idiot and we fought and went our separate ways" Seohyun ended it with a tone of finality.

Jonghyun shaked his head and sighed, "As expected of you, noona".

"What?" Seohyun said defensively.

"So now I know why you two despise the sight of each other so much" Jonghyun said thoughtfully.

"I don't despise him" Seohyun defended herself, "well maybe a little but I got my revenge" Seohyun smiled at the end of the sentence.

Jonghyun looked cautious and asked, "Noona, you didn't really push him into the lake right?".

Seohyun grinned wickedly at Jonghyun and asked, "What do you think?".

Jonghyun shaked his head again, "You wouldn't".

"Oh dang" Seohyun smacked her lips together, "you know me too well, it's no fun sometimes".

 

Jonghyun laughed heartily before suddenly remembering something horrible. His face turned horrified and he immediately looked urgently at Seohyun. Seohyun noticed this and stopped joking at once.

"Wae?" Seohyun asked.

"Noona, Yonghwa hyung called me inside the house today and he told me that he wants to come to our house for a visit" Jonghyun grimaced.

 

There is goes, the three seconds explosion. Jonghyun counted in his heart efficiently.

 

 

 

 

 

1....

 

 

 

 

 

2....

 

 

 

 

 

3....

 

 

 

 

 

"HE WANTS TO WHATTTT?!" Seohyun screamed while Jonghyun, from his many years of experience covered his ears immediately.

Jonghyun only put his hands down when he sensed it was safe, "He said that since his sister was going to hang out here often, he has to come and inspect the place".

"What is he? A police? What does he think this place is? His personal crime scene?" Seohyun said angrily.

 

Jonghyun dreaded the next moment but he had to confess anyways so better now than never, "Noona..".

"What?" Seohyun snapped hotly.

"I said yes" Jonghyun immediately snapped his hands to plug his ears as Seohyun's scream dominated the house.

 

"YOU SAID WHATTTTTTTTTT?!".

 


 

 

"I still can't believe you told him I had night shift offs on Friday" Seohyun sat crossed arms on the sofa. Jonghyun sat at the other sofa, typing away on his phone to most probably and obviously, Yoona.

"What could I do? I needed my Noona to be with me in life threatening situations like this" Jonghyun shrugged and continued typing.

 

It was finally the morning of the dreaded Friday, and the siblings were having the same argument again ever since Seohyun found out about the arranged dinner at their house. It was pretty obvious who was winning though.

"You could" Seohyun clenched her teeth, "have told him no".

Jonghyun let out a huff and said, "We went to his house for a visit, it's only polite to accept his request for a house tour of ours. You taught me these manners, noona".

Seohyun glared at him, "You brat, are you turning my teachings on me?"

"No noona,  I wouldn't dare in a million years" Jonghyun mocked her.

"Get going to school, traitor" Seohyun spat at him.

"I'm going" Jonghyun groaned and grabbed his bag from the sofa and left through the front door.

They weren't really fighting of course. They were just having a really silent war between each other that probably will be resolved when Seohyun breaks Yonghwa's nose tonight.

 

She really hopes she wouldn't accidentally break his nose.. or his face.

 

 


 

 

Yonghwa toss his car keys into the air and swiftly caught it before it plummet too far down. Yoona was going to be late today so he could either wait for her outside her school with the driver or he could find some entertainment first.

but what entertainment could he find to occupy himself?

Suddenly an idea strucked Yonghwa's head causing him to smirk wickedly.

"Sir, the car is ready" the maid bowed to him.

Yonghwa toss the car up again and this time, he swiped sideways and expertly captured it. He smirked and turned to the maid, "Tell the driver to wait outside of Yoona's school and take her there after she's done, I'm going to get a little sidetracked first".

 

 


 

 

 

"Kamsahamnida, please come again!" Seohyun smiled at the leaving customers and bowed. The customers waved back and left.

Seohyun quickly cleared the tables and went back to the counter. Fany was making coffee at the counter, filling the cups with them expertly.

"Seohyun-ah, don't you have to leave earlier today? A dinner with someone?" Fany asked.

"I don't want to go. Don't remind me" Seohyun groaned.

"Why? Who is it?" Fany's eyes grew wider. "Boyfriend?" she gasped.

"No" Seohyun rolled her eyes. " I would rather gouge my eyes out than date him".

"Then who?" Fany urged.

"My brother's girlfriend and her brother" Seohyun sighed.

This time, it was Fany's turn to roll her eyes, "Yah, isn't that more of your brother's problem than yours?".

"But he has to drag me into his every single dinner with his girlfriend's brother EVERY SINGLE TIME" Seohyun exclaimed frustratedly.

"Why? Is he that scary?" Fany asked curiously.

"He's the biggest jackass the world has" Seohyun assured Fany, causing her to laugh.

"Well get going into the arms of the biggest jackass in the world then, it's rude to keep people waiting outside your doorstep" Fany urged her lightly.

"He deserves it anyways" Seohyun muttered softly. "Ahrasso, I'll be going then".

"Anyeongg!" Fany called to her.

"Anyeong!" Seohyun put away her apron, grab her bag and went out of the door.

 

She walked towards the direction of her house while tugging on her bun, pulling it out after putting it up for a day's work.

Her hair tumbled to her back, wavy from the bun. She shaked it out and continued walking.

What a beautiful day to be destroyed by a jackass. sigh.

Seohyun continued walking until a voice called her from behind.

"Seo Ju Hyun-shii".

Seohyun stopped and turned to look. Dread entered her body from every direction possible. Jung Yonghwa walked towards her, his hands stuck in his pants pocket.

"Jung Yonghwa-shii" she greeted him curtly.

He approached her until he stood two steps in front of her, his face was pure smug.

"I waited too long in front of your house so I came out to find you" Yonghwa said. "I don't like waiting" Yonghwa added.

Seohyun smiled rather unsincerely and said, "Funny how little I care", Seohyun turned and continued walking towards her house.

Yonghwa came after her, his voice was a mixture of amusement which made Seohyun furious, "Yah, don't you know it's rude to walk away while someone is talking to you?".

Seohyun turned and raised an eyebrow, "If I don't? Will you leave me alone?".

Yonghwa raised an eyebrow back to her, "And you expect me to come all this way to go back empty-handed and wait in front of your door for you to walk back?".

Seohyun looked at him straight in the eye and stated clearly, "BINGO".

 

She turned and walked away.

 

"YAH! When are you going to stop walking away from me?" Yonghwa ran forward and caught her wrist, pulling her to face him.

"Don't make me do something you're going to regret" Seohyun's voice rang dangerously as she glared at Yonghwa. "LET GO" Seohyun struggled but Yonghwa held on tight, his grip was strong.

"What are you going to do, spit on me?" Yonghwa looked down on her.

Seohyun smirked .... and stomped hard on Yonghwa's left foot. He groaned loudly in pain and she easily pulled her wrist easily out of his loose grip, smirking in victory.

"YOU STUPID WOMAN---!" Yonghwa cursed while holding his left foot in pain, jumping around slightly.

Seohyun let out a real laugh this time, "I'm going to forgive you for calling me stupid because I just stomped on your left foot. goodbye!".

 

She turned swiftly and continued walking. Yonghwa followed her determinedly, hopping slightly on one foot as he held the his leg foot just above the ground.

"I can't believe you're still following me" Seohyun groaned when she noticed a limping Yonghwa beside her, "Do you really want me to step on your right foot too?".

"Try me" Yonghwa smirked.

Seohyun tried stomping on Yonghwa's right foor but he evaded it swiftly.

"I learn from my mistakes" Yonghwa smiled.

"What do you want?" Seohyun folded her arms to her chest.

"My car is back there" Yonghwa pointed. "We can go there by my car".

Seohyun pulled a face and said immediately, "I don't want".

 

She turned and continued walking yet again. Sighing, Yonghwa went by her side and walked beside her.

"What are you doing now?" Seohyun asked, noticing Yonghwa beside her.

"Walking" he shrugged. "Sorry, didn't know the road was yours".

"What are you doing following me? Go back to your car" Seohyun ordered him but he ignored her.

"I suddenly felt like taking a walk" Yonghwa stuck his hands back into his pockets and whistled beside her.

"UGHHH" Seohyun groaned loudly and start speed walking down the street. She felt like pulling all her hair out and punching the annoying jerk's daylights out.

"It doesn't matter how fast you walk, I'll always be faster" Yonghwa said as he kept up with her with no extra effort needed. "because my legs are longer" Yonghwa added.

"I'm going to strangle you" Seohyun muttered to herself. "I'm so going to strangle you and cook you for dinner" she muttered to calm herself down.

Yonghwa smiled amused to himself without him even knowing.

 

He had to admit, she had a very unique personality.

and...

It attracts him.

 

 


 

 

 

Seohyun and Yonghwa walked in silence, two steps away beside each other. There was an eerie tension between them but at least they were walking beside each other. Well, that's an achievement.

"How many jobs do you do actually?" Yonghwa suddenly asked, breaking the silence.

Seohyun looked up to him, What does it matter to you?".

Yonghwa shrugged, "I guess if we're going to be meeting often, perhaps I should at least know what you do".

Seohyun narrowed her eyes and said firmly, "WE ARE NOT GOING TO MEET OFTEN".

"Fine, just say it's because it's manners to ask" Yonghwa changed immediately.

Seohyun considered for a moment and finally said, "Three".

"Three?" the tone of surprise in Yonghwa's voice was unmistakable.

Seohyun nod, "For now anyways, I do four during the school holidays to save up money for Jonghyun's schooling".

Yonghwa thought for a moment in awe, "Why don't you get a proper job then? Instead of working part time in different places?".

"I just like it like that" Seohyun said casually but Yonghwa could sense she wasn't being honest.

"Well" Yonghwa changed the subject abruptly. If she wasn't going to tell him, what's the use of pushing her? "How far is your house from here?".

"15 minutes" Seohyun stated.

Yonghwa turned to look at her, "and you walk to and fro every single day?".

Seohyun nod, "Of course, it would be a waste of money to sit the bus here".

"Of course" Yonghwa repeated after her quietly. Considering her situation, every won must be precious to her.

 

Instead, Seohyun narrowed her eyes and peered at Yonghwa, "Are you looking down on me?".

Yonghwa was taken aback, "No, why would I?".

"Oh I don't know" Seohyun said in a sarcastic tone, "Maybe because you seem to be mean to anyone that doesn't have 6,000,000 won?".

Yonghwa let out a chuckle, "That's just to people who try to date my sister".

"Wow, you're a darn mean brother-in-law, aren't you?" Seohyun joked.

"Likewise, Seo Ju Hyun-shii. Likewise" Yonghwa grinned.

They continued walking. Seohyun couldn't help but feel more comfortable with him now. Maybe he wasn't such a humongous jerk after all.

 

Yonghwa smiled when he realised,

This was the first time Seohyun and him had a conversation without arguing and it felt...

AWFULLY WEIRD.

 

Maybe fighting was going to be their style forever.

 

 


 

 

 

Seohyun stopped abruptly, leaving Yonghwa to walk a few steps forward before stopping and turning back to look at her, "Why are you stopping?".

Seohyun pointed upwards with her index fingers to the dirty, old apartments beside them and said, "Obviously, we have reached".

"You .. live.. here?" Yonghwa asked incredulous, scanning the apartments from top to bottom. It was the perfect description of dumpster to him. Tho, he pretty much figured out that he better keep him mouth shut if he didn't want to be stomped on the right foot as well.

Seohyun shrugged, "You can stay down here if it is too low class for you".

 

She ignored him and stalked upstairs, leaving him standing at the street like an idiot.

 

"HEY!" Yonghwa yelled, following after her.

Seohyun turned back and smirked at him while climbing the stairs, "Decided to come up after all, Mr. Rich Guy?".

"Keep your eyes on the stairs before you slip and cause me to fall off the stairs" Yonghwa spat at her.

"Pleasee" Seohyun sneered at him, "I've walked up and down this stairs more than 6 times a day before you even became rich, YOU be careful".

Yonghwa smiled a fake smile at her and taunted, "but I've been rich ever since I was born and I'm definitely older than you".

"Lucky you, ahjussi" Seohyun sneered and continue walking upwards.

"YAH WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?" Yonghwa yelled after her.

He took two steps at a time but he was still slower than Seohyun as she reached the correct floor first. Dang, that girl had the stamina of a cow. Okay, that was something he SHOULD NEVER tell her.

"Keep your voice down" Seohyun hushed him, "or I'll get the neighbours to kick you out" she warned him.

Yonghwa snorted but all the same, didn't make a fuss anymore. He quietly stood behind  her as she inserted the key into the lock and opened the door. She went in first, snapped the light switches on and held the door for him.

"Are you going to come inside or not?" she asked irritatedly when Yonghwa made no move to go inside.

Yonghwa smirked and answered, "What a gracious host". He entered the lot and his eyes immediately scanned the surroundings.

 

The house was small, around the size of his several doors that were quite close to each other, he couldn't imagine how small the separated rooms are if the entire house was so.. tiny. The first thing he saw was definitely the living room, with a tiny TV and a battered sofa. The kitchen had no door and at a corner was a table --Yonghwa guessed it was a dining table-- with only two chairs.

He frozed at the same spot while Seohyun closed the door behind her and began taking off her shoes.

"Take off your shoes, I hate dirty floors" Seohyun reprimanded him, snapping him from his deep thoughts.

Seohyun went to the second door and opened it, throwing her bag inside before heading to the kitchen. Yonghwa slowly took off his very expensive Salvatore Ferragamo shoes and placed it on top of a shoe cabinet where Seohyun layed her shoes on. He went to the living room and inspected the place, staring from the pictures on the wall to the little decorations.

 

Seohyun returned from the kitchen, holding a glass of water. "Here" Seohyun held it out to him. He accepted it and muttered, "Thanks".

"Manners" Seohyun raised an eyebrow, copying exactly what he said on the first dinner they had together.

"Copy cat" Yonghwa rolled his eyes and sipped the water before turning to look at the pictures on the wall. There were two of Seohyun and Jonghyun together, one as kids and another as teenagers. Another one was of a couple's wedding photo and the last one was a family photo of the couple, Seohyun and Jonghyun.

Yonghwa pointed to the picture of the wedding photo, "I assume this is your parents?".

Seohyun nod, "Yeah, that's my mum and dad and incase you're going to ask, which I know you are, they passed away when Jonghyun was 8 from an accident".

Yonghwa nod, pretending he didn't know. He knew of course from the private investigation he did when he first found out about Jonghyun and Yoona's relationship. He didn't know what else to say other than a blunt, "I'm sorry".

Seohyun shrugged and said, "You don't have to be really. It was a long time ago".

Yonghwa looked at her earnestly and considered for a moment. Their eyes connected and he asked softly, "But do you forget? Even if it happened a long time ago?".

Seohyun dropped her gaze to the floor and was quiet for a moment and said silently back, "No, it's the kind of pain that you'll never forget".

Yonghwa didn't know what to say so he kept quiet.

He knew what it felt like, to lose someone you love. He also knew that death wasn't the only thing that could snatch away someone he loved, there were worst ways he would rather not talk about.

 

"I'm going to go shower" Seohyun announced after an uncomfortable silence.

"Okay" Yonghwa answered bluntly.

"You can switch on the TV or something" Seohyun said hastily and escaped to her room.

 

Yonghwa dropped to the sofa and switched on the TV with the controller. Watching the TV with a small screen and poor resolution actually gave Yonghwa a slight headache so he turned his attention away. He glanced at his watch.

It was 5 o'clock in the evening and Yoona had extra class today, so she will be late. He heard her say that Jonghyun was going to wait for her at school and they were coming together.

Seohyun came out of her room, holding a towel and some clothes wrapped in a bundle and headed for another door that Yonghwa suspected was the bathroom.

"Are you watching the TV?" Seohyun asked, stopping midway to the bathroom.

"Yeah" Yonghwa lied.

"Alright.. excuse me" Seohyun excused herself and continued to the bathroom, closing the door tightly behind her.

"You're very excused" Yonghwa muttered under his breath and got up. He strode over to the only room which Seohyun didn't enter and turn the door knob. He felt for the light switching, running his hands through the wall beside the door for a few seconds before finally feeling it and snapping it on.

What greeted him when the light was on was ... awfully normal.

 

The room was very basic and small. There was very little space to walk and with just the cupboard, bed and desk, the room was very cramped up. At least the room was tidier than he thought it would be but Jonghyun could have cleaned it the night before so it didn't count.

At the cupboards were probably over fifty music books, neatly arranged, some so old they look battered and others looked like someone wrote it himself rather than bought it. Jonghyun's school books were stacked carelessly on the desk.

It was obvious which was more important to Jonghyun.

 

Yonghwa switched off the room light and went out, closing the door behind him. He went over, passing the bathroom door to Seohyun's room door and opened it. Again, he searched for a while before managing to find the light switch and snapping it on.

The room that greeted him was very plain indeed.

There was one small single bed at the corner of the room, a small dresser sat at the end of the bed. A dressing table was beside the bed, with very few items on it like a comb and several hair ties. At the only empty space left in the room was a cupboard, but the door was closed so Yonghwa didn't know what was inside unlike Jonghyun's.

Yonghwa went to the dressing table and spotted something sticking out of the drawer. Curiously, he pulled it out and read silently.

It was their house bill, costing about 30,000 won only. Yonghwa was taken aback at the price. He never knew that houses could have such cheap bill costs.

He was about to put it back into the drawer and leave when suddely he heard a strict voice behind him,

"What are you doing?".

 

Yonghwa turned and saw Seohyun standing at the room door, her hair wet and a towel was hung around her neck. She wore a light pink shirt and apple green short pants. Her resemblance to a saber-toothed tiger at the moment was remarkable.

Seohyun noticed the bill in Yonghwa's hand and stalked forward, snatching it from him, "Didn't anyone teach you not to touch people's stuff?".

"It's overdue" Yonghwa stated the obvious.

Seohyun placed it back into the drawer and shut it firmly before turning to Yonghwa, "It's none of your business".

"You're angry" Yonghwa said casually, stating the obvious.

"Obviously" Seohyun said angrily. "Is it normal for rich people to go snooping around other people's houses while the host is taking a quick shower?".

Yonghwa shrugged, "Curious rich people maybe".

"Well, it's rude" Seohyun snapped.

Yonghwa kept quiet for a moment while Seohyun glared at him. Finally he gave up and said, "Okay, I'm sorry. I should have respected your privacy. I'll go back to the living room now and stop being a snoop", Yonghwa said almost casually and went back out to the living room.

Seohyun couldn't believe the nerve of that jerk!

He came snooping into her room, looked into her private stuff and casually said sorry and went back out to the living room like nothing happened?

How she wanted to strangle him !

 

Seohyun hanged the towel behind her door before stomping out of the room, closing the door firmly behind her. She went to the living room to find Yonghwa sitting comfortably at the sofa, looking at her with wide eyes.

"I'm going to start dinner now. You SIT HERE and ONLY HERE" Seohyun ordered before swiftly turning for the kitchen.

She entered the kitchen and began pulling out ingredients for dinner. She went to the market and got the ingredients she needed, all fresh and healthy. All she hoped for was that she could make it to finish dinner before Yoona and Jonghyun came back.

 

Seohyun took an apron from the hanging hook and was tying it on when a voice spoke behind her,

"Can I help?" Yonghwa asked from the kitchen entrance, watching as Seohyun tied her apron.

Seohyun looked at him in a funny way and asked suspiciously, "Do you even know how to cut a carrot?".

Yonghwa looked severely offended, "I'll have you know that I attended cooking classes when I was 9 just as a hobby and was one of the best graduates--" Yonghwa began to boast.

Seohyun cut in immediately, "Alright alright!", Seohyun took the second apron from another hook and threw it to Yonghwa. "Put this on and start cleaning the chicken then. I'm making bibimbap for all of us today".

Yonghwa put on the apron and tied it behind his waist tightly. The apron had flowery pattern which made Seohyun chuckle slightly at the sight of him despite herself.

"What?" he demanded when he saw her giggling.

Seohyun shaked her head but still continued giggling, "Nothing, the apron suits you alot".

Seohyun turned and went to the refridgerator while Yonghwa muttered to himself in an undertone, "Well, I'm good looking".

Seohyun took out a bag of whole chicken from the fridge and placed it in the sink.

 

"There" Seohyun gestured to the chicken.

 

"What?" Yonghwa stated bluntly.

 

"Clean it" Seohyun said.

 

Yonghwa stared at the chicken for three seconds before turning back to Seohyun and saying, "How?".

 

Seohyun's mouth fell open, "Yah! You said you attended cooking class at 9 or something but you don't know how to clean a chicken?" she exclaimed.

Yonghwa frowned slightly and shrugged, "When I attend those classes, the ingredients are all cleaned and neatly cut for my usage. I never needed to clean anything".

"And I wonder why you're one of the best graduates" Seohyun muttered under her breath.

"What?" Yonghwa asked, unable to hear what she said because it was too soft.

"Nothing" Seohyun said promptly and pushed him to the side, replacing his spot in front of the counter, facing the chicken. "Fine Mr.I-Attend-Cooking-Classes-But-Can't-Clean-Chickens, I'll clean the chicken and you can cut the vegetables" Seohyun explained. Seohyun's expression turned into doubt as she contemplated and she asked ressuringly, "You do know how to use a knife right?".

"Of course I do. What do you take me for? A fool?" Yonghwa glared.

"No doubt" Seohyun muttered under her breath again and went to the fridge, taking out the bag of vegetables and setting it on the cutting board beside the sink. The kitchen wasn't very big so there wasn't much space for movement.

"Okay, cut the carrot into slices and shred it. Then get the mushrooms and sausages out and put them into separate bowls, ready for cooking. Get the sauteed zucchini cut into round slices and finally.. nevermind I'll fry the egg" Seohyun considered for a moment whether he should fry the egg but obviously decided it wasn't a good idea.

Yonghwa looked severely offended again, "What? I know how to fry eggs".

"Are you sure?" Seohyun asked to reconfirm

Yonghwa glared at her in response.

"Alright fine, fry four eggs then. One for each of us. I'll clean the chicken" Seohyun said casually and took the chicken out of the bag, rinsing water all over it.

They began getting to work quickly, occasionally Yonghwa stopped to ask her question like, "Is this correct?", "Should I wash the mushrooms?", "Were the carrots organic?" which annoyed Seohyun slightly.

Who cares if the damn carrots aren't organic, they still go into your stomach and come out the same.

 

After around one hour, the vegetables were washed and ready to be fried, the rice was cooked and the chicken was in the wok, steaming.

All seeemed to be doing well for now.

until Yonghwa started frying the eggs and accidently burned his finger at the edge of the pan.

"Ouch" he held his finger to his chest, groaning slightly in pain.

Seohyun whom was checking on the rice cooker came to him hurriedly, "What's wrong?".

She gently took his burned hand away from his chest and inspected his finger. It was red and definitely going to start blistering by tomorrow.

"Come on, I know what to put on it to soothe the pain" Seohyun turned off the stove fire and pulled Yonghwa to the living room by his hand. She sat him down on the sofa and swiftly went to the bathroom, ignoring his protests that he was okay.

"I'm okay!" he protested.

Seohyun came back from the bathroom holding a tube of toothpaste, "Keep quiet. This will help".

She sat down beside him and said, "Hold out your finger".

He held it out and she began carefully applying the toothpaste to the burn. It felt cool and then soothing, no longer paining from the burn.

"Does it hurt alot?" Seohyun asked, not looking up at him while applying the toothpaste.

However, Yonghwa didn't answer immediately. He was gazing at Seohyun's determined face as she applied the medicine. Her pale skin and brown hair falling over her shoulder.

She was really attractive in some scary way.

It was only until Seohyun looked up at him questionally that he snapped out of it.

"What's wrong? Does it hurt alot?" Seohyun asked worriedly.

Yonghwa shook his head, "No, it doesn't hurt anymore".

"I'll go get the medical kit. Wait a second" Seohyun went to search the cupboards for the medical kit while Yonghwa stared shocked at himself, mentally punching himself repeatly.

"Get a grip, Jung Yonghwa. Are you mad?!" he mentally scolded him.

 

Did he really just stare at Seo Ju Hyun and nearly lose himself?

No way.

 

 


 
ANEYONGHASAEYO !
Attractions and hormones are all over the place now HAHAHA,
as you can see Yonghwa is about to eat his own words already.
He's already so attracted to Seohyun despite not knowing it.
Seohyun-ah~~ why are you so oblivious?
 
oh and I read a comment that told me 6,000,000 won isn't alot of money and is only a normal sum of money in USD?
Well, I'm sorry for that because I'm not familiar with foreign money and even with USD /:
let's just imagine that 6,000,000 won is alot alot alot of money ok?
IMAGINATION ROCKS !
 
This is just the first part of the Seo house dinner.
The following part isn't completely ready yet and I didn't want to keep my lovely readers waiting for too long so I decided to post the first half first hahaha,
see how much I love you guys? 
*wink*
 

AS ALWAYS, THANK YOU FOR READING AND LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS IF YOU PLEASE :)

I'll start to reply to every single comment you leave so if you have anything you want me to change or you aren't pleased with, please leave me a message :)

-JungHae