First Date

Against All Odds

The party at Mocha Cafe ended later than Seohyun expected. At the end of endless plate and cups washing, her arms were positively aching and she dreamt of her bed at Yonghwa's house. Thankfully the cafe only supplied coffee and not alcohol or Seohyun had a feeling the cafe will be sprawled with an astonishing amount of unconscious bodies all over the floor.

 

That would be a serious pain to clean up.

 

At exactly 11:30 pm, Tiffany went up to the stage, positively kicking the band vocalist that was yelling into the mic out of the way before announcing her thanks to everyone for their continuous support of the cafe and to continue supporting Mocha Cafe.

"I hope to see you more often!" Tiffany bounced excitedly on stage, "The party is officially over. Please go home now!" Tiffany's ending sentence was greeted with loud disappointed groans.

Seohyun wasn't one of them.

Infact, she was wiping the cups at the counter when she heard that. She triumphed under her breath and did an imaginary fist pump, cheering under her breath, "YES!".

Yonghwa, who was leaning at the counter while watching her work, grinned with amusement at her antics, "You're enthusiastic".

"TOTALLYSeohyun replied back sarcastically. She continued in a more serious tone. "I'm tired already, this party has been going on for wayyy too long and I still need to wait for a taxi to take me back to your house. Don't you know that midnight taxis cost twice the price?".

Yonghwa rolled his eyes and said, "Don't be silly, I can send you home".

"NO, thank you" Seohyun retorted, rubbing a cloth around a cup.

"Why not? It's more economically and environmentally friendly. Not to mention, wallet friendly as well" Yonghwa said innocently.

Seohyun narrowed her eyes and said, "Well thanks for reminding me about my thin wallet but I think if I sit through a car trip with you, we will be the headline of tomorrow's news".

Yonghwa brightened up and smirked egoistically, "Will it be, 'Hot President Spotted with Beautiful Cafe Waitress' ?".

Seohyun put on an innocent face and shook her head, "Oh no, it will be 'Cafe Waitress Stabs Big Headed President' ".

and with that, Seohyun headed to the tables to clear up the plates while Yonghwa self consciously touched his own face, insistingly loudly,

"MY HEAD IS NOT BIG".

 

 


 

 

 

Yonghwa stayed behind to help clean up the mess despite Seohyun's strong protests. In truth, he didn't like cleaning very much since he never had to do it but he just wanted to spend some time with Seohyun and this seemed to be the best way to accomplish that mission.

Seohyun sighed and told him, "Go home".

"No" Yonghwa said stubbornly, "I'll help to clean up".

Seohyun rolled her eyes and said, "Pleaseeeee, you haven't even washed a cup in your entire life. Go home".

Ouch, that was somehow the truth though.

Yonghwa scowled and retorted, "I have!".

"Stop lying" Seohyun scoffed.

"I--" Yonghwa was about to argue back but a group of teenage girls suddenly nudged him from the back, surprising him. There were about three of them, all wearing trendy fashionable clothes and looking not anymore than 20 years of age.

The tallest girl in the middle, stretched out her hand and said timidly, "Excuse me, can you please sing an autograph for us?".

Yonghwa glanced at the paper she was holding and replied, "I think you must be mistaken but I am not a celebrity. I don't give autographs".

The tallest girl, Seohyun noticed, blushed and continued, "My friend here thinks you are quite handsome and we just thought it would be okay to get an autograph. Please?".

Yonghwa however retorted in a rather mean manner, "It is not okay. I was taught not to simply sign papers because usually they involve sneaky rats trying to steal my inheritance or my---OUCHYonghwa shouted at the end of the sentence causing all three of the girls to jump in surprise. Seohyun just pinched him at the side, really hard. Yonghwa turned and scolded Seohyun, "YAH! What was that for?".

Seohyun whispered softly at his ear but menacingly, "Don't be mean, can't you see these girls are about to cry? SIGN IT".

Yonghwa sulked and turned back to the girls. He didn't want to sign it and this went against everything he was ever trained to be. He didn't know why exactly did he sign it but he said, "Give it here, but I'll only sign once".

The girls squealed in delight and handed the paper to YonghwaYonghwa checked the paper throughly before reluctantly signing his signature onto the paper. Close to the signature, he wrote 'not for bank use' before handing it back to the girls. That was the best he could do to calm his paranoid heart.

Seohyun beamed at the girls and waved goodbye at them, "Good night, come back soon!".

"Thank you!" the girls bowed to them and left, giggling among themselves while fangirling over Yonghwa's signature.

Yonghwa turned to face Seohyun with a serious face. Seohyun was slightly taken aback by the seriousness in Yonghwa's face. He has never looked at her like this. He was always gentle and silly to her, but this Seohyun knew was the face he always had when he needed someone to take him seriously.

Seohyun held his stare and asked, "What?".

"You shouldn't force me to sign that paper" Yonghwa said.

"It's just a paper" Seohyun scoffed.

Yonghwa shook his head and continued, "To you it might be just a paper, but with my signature they might be able to achieved many things or even take over my company. It wasn't just a piece of paper".

Seohyun sighed and said, "Alright alright, I'm sorry okay?".

Yonghwa considered for a moment before saying, "Since you forced me to do something against my will, shouldn't I have the right to force you to do something against your will?".

"Something in return?" Seohyun asked in horror.

"Yes" Yonghwa nod.

Seohyun loosen up and shrugged, "Well say it then, what is it ? Considering I have no money, no house and no fame. I don't think there is much I can give you in return".

Yonghwa smirked and said, "I'll tell you what I want tomorrow. For now, let's clean up!" Yonghwa clapped his hands together and looked around at the messy tables and chairs.

"YES MR BOSSY" Seohyun teased Yonghwa as she carried a tray of empty cups and plates back into the kitchen.

Yonghwa yelled after her, "AT LEAST IT'S NOT PSYCHO!".

"YAH!".

 

 


 

 

 

After cleaning up and bidding Tiffany goodbye, Seohyun remembered stating very clearly to Jung Yonghwa.

"I'm going to walk home while you sit your pretty shiny Mercedes back home. Do you understand me?" Seohyun stated firmly.

Yonghwa rolled her eyes and placed his hands at his hips, "Come on, you are still going on about that?".

"I'm dead serious. Don't think I'm joki----" Seohyun was cut off as Yonghwa clamped his hand over . "MmmmmmhhmmSeohyun struggled to pull off Yonghwa's arms but he was too strong. He muffled most of her words.

Yonghwa said, "I'm serious as well. I like you and I'm not going to let a girl I like sit a taxi alone at this hour of the night. So you are either going to come quietly with me and let me send you home, or I will tie you to the bonnet and we can both reach home safely. Choose your wish" .

Yonghwa released Seohyun, he wrapped his arms across his chest and waited. 

Seohyun glared at him for two seconds before whispering, "I hate you" 

Yonghwa smiled at her violent cuteness and said, "Well then thank god I love you enough to make up for both of us, OUCH".

Seohyun kicked Yonghwa at the shin before stomping her way to his black Mercedes which was parked at the roadside. Yonghwa jumped at one spot as he held his painful shin. 

THAT WOMAN.

 

 


 

 

 

The ride home was quiet, more quiet than Yonghwa expected.  He would have strike a conversation or maybe even annoy Seohyun on purpose so it would be less awkward but he didn't. It was because the second Seohyun sat on the car seat, Yonghwa noticed she was actually dozing off. Sure enough, five minutes later, she was fast asleep against the car seat.

Yonghwa smiled to himself and gave himself a pat on the back. Thankfully he didn't allow her to go home alone by taxi or who knows what would happen if she fell asleep so vulnerably on the taxi.

 

Great job, Jung Yonghwa. Great job.

 

 


 

 

 

The first thing Seohyun realised when she woke up the next morning was,

 

Crap, how did I end up on my bed?

 

Seohyun was just about to freak out when she noticed a yellow piece of memo lying on her bedside table. She took it and read it,

 

 

"Good morning Seo Ju Hyun-shii,

Before you freak out, yes I carried you up to your room but that was only because you didn't wake up even when I yelled at you. But if it makes you feel better, you can always imagine it was the security ahjussi who carried you.

But I doubt he could, he might have collapsed from the weight.

PIGGIE.

Yours by heart,

Jung Yonghwa.

P.S: you opened your mouth so big last night,  I could fit my fist into it.

 

 

Seohyun's hand instinctively covered when she read the last sentence.

THAT JUNG YONG HWA !

She was going to kill him.

 

 


 

 

 

By the time Seohyun got dressed and went downstairs, Yonghwa was already drinking his coffee while reading newspaper at the dining table. He looked up when Ai Yeon greeted her 'good morning'.

Yonghwa smiled at her, "Good morning".

Seohyun narrowed her eyes at him, "Was the bedside message necessary?".

"Absolutely" 

Seohyun rolled her eyes and sat down opposite of him, "Jerk".

"Coffee, miss?" Ai Yeon offered, holding a jug of dark Arabian brewed coffee.

Seohyun smiled sweetly at her, "Sure thanks Ai Yeon".

Yonghwa scanned Seohyun's attire and said, "Are you going out dressed like this today?".

Seohyun looked down at her own attire and nod, "Yeah, what's wrong?".

He sighed and shook his head, "We are going shopping later".

"We?" Seohyun lifted her eyebrow.

Yonghwa put on a 'of course' face and said, "Your promise?".

"You were serious about that?" Seohyun's jaw dropped.

Yonghwa glared at her, "You thought I was kidding?".

Seohyun nod wide-eyed.

"Well I am not, so we are leaving right after breakfast" Yonghwa said casually.

"Hold on, I have work you know. I can't just--".

"I took a day off for all of your jobs" Yonghwa said.

"WHAT? Yah you can't do that!" Seohyun exclaimed loudly.

"Funny, I just did" Yonghwa raised an eyebrow.

 

 


 

 

 

"I still can't believe you managed to contact all my bosses without me telling you anything about where or when I work" Seohyun sulked. 

She sat in his Mercedes, leaning against the window and sulking. She called all her bosses in disbelief when Yonghwa told her that he took a day off for her. The conversations went pretty awkwardly weird.

 

 


 

 

 

"Hello Mr. Lee, it's Seohyun here" Seohyun greeted his boss from her morning shift. 

"Ah Seohyun-shii, I'm suprised you can still contact me. Don't worry your brother has already informed me you were down with dengue. Please take all the time you need to recover".

Seohyun glared at Yonghwa but said sweetly at her boss, "Yes, thank you. Goodbye". 

 

She hung up the phone and exclaimed, "DENGUE?!"

"It's got to sound serious enough so he will let you off" Yonghwa shrugged.

"You could have said diarrhea, fever, or even gastric. Why dengue?!" Seohyun pulled a face.

"Oh" Yonghwa brightened up. "Good news, I said diarrhea for your afternoon shift!".

 

Seohyun glared at him for five whole seconds, took a deep breath and clenched her teeth together, 

"Don't say anything. I might kill you if you say anything more".

 

Yonghwa kept quiet after that. Wise move.

 

 


 

 

 

Back in the car, Yonghwa grinned in triumph, "I am very capable, such trivial stuff is nothing".

Seohyun rolled her eyes, "Where are we going? ".

"Secret. You will know when we get there" Yonghwa insisted.

"Sure as long as you don't drive us into the drain first" Seohyun eyed Yonghwa's driving skills. He enjoyed drifting his way pass turnings and braking abruptly sometimes as if he was racing.

"Don't worry, I haven't done that in 5 years" Yonghwa assured her.

Seohyun's jaw dropped,  "YOU DROVE YOUR CAR INTO A DRAIN ?!".

Yonghwa looked solemn as he replied, "Once, I wasn't very happy then so I wasn't concentrating".

Seohyun fidgeted at his serious tone, "What happened then?".

Yonghwa hesitated for a moment before saying slowly, "Do you.. still remember our one month agreement?"

"You mean the one you forced me into?" Seohyun pulled a face.

"Yeah, I will tell you the story at the end of the one month agreement".

"Why then?".

"Maybe then you will understand me better".

"Man, you are so god damn cheesySeohyun.

Yonghwa smiled as he changed gear and accelerated, "Hold your hormones, I know I'm charming".

Seohyun glared at him for a full three seconds before huffing and folding her arms to her chest.

"I would kill you right now if it didn't mean killing myself as well".

Yonghwa grinned and said, "Score one to Jung Yong Hwa".

 

 


 

 

 

"You got to be kidding me" Seohyun groaned when she saw the huge sign board stating 'AMUSEMENT PARK'. Yonghwa easily parked his car into a parking spot.

"Honestly, an amusement park ?" Seohyun huffed in annoyance. "What are we, six ?".

Yonghwa pulled a face, "You don't have to be young to play at the amusement park.  Sometimes you just need to release! Come on!".

Yonghwa stepped out of the car. Seohyun unbuckled her seat belt and grumbled as she stepped out of the car,

"If I am going to release, your head will be spinning so fast, you'll see stars".

 

 


 

 

 

"Tickets for two" Yonghwa took out his wallet and paid for the ticket. The girl at the counter helped them to secure the wristband around their wrist as an evidence of their payment.

"I hope you enjoy yourself at our amusement park!" the girl wished them a little too joyfully and bid them goodbye.

"Ne" Yonghwa waved at her and grabbed hold of Seohyun's right hand, pulling her into the amusement park. Seohyun looked momentarily shocked when he grabbed her hand but quickly regained herself.

"Yah, what are you doing ? Let go!" Seohyun struggled but Yonghwa just held on tighter.

"If you are going to be my one month girlfriend,  shouldn't we at least hold hands?" Yonghwa said innocently. 

"How many times must I repeat, I AM NOT YOUR GIRL---" Seohyun's words were cut off when Yonghwa suddenly dragged her to the roller coaster.

"This roller coaster is fun, the speed is great" Yonghwa commented as they got into line.

"You seem... familiar with this place" Seohyun said.

Yonghwa just smiled slightly, "I have been here before but as I said, one month agreement" Yonghwa reminded.

Seohyun sulked, "What's so much of a secret, it's not like you went out with the president's daughter".

Yonghwa didn't reply but pointed to the merry go round, "The decoration for the merry go round changed. It got prettier".

"What did it look like last time?" Seohyun asked.

"There were less ribbons and lights" Yonghwa said.

Seohyun suddenly broked into a smile when she saw the miniature horse on the merry go round. 

"What is so funny?".

"I just remembered something from when I was young" Seohyun said.

"Tell me about it".

 

"When I was 12, my parents brought me and Jonghyun to the amusement park. Jonghyun was only 6 years old then. I remember climbing onto the miniature horse that rose up and down with excitement. Then, Jonghyun climbed onto the other horse next to mine. The merry go round started and everything was fine but then Jonghyun started kicking my horse. I was patient at first but suddenly I lost it and kicked Jonghyun".

"You kicked his horse?".

Seohyun broke into a giggle and shook her head, "No, I kicked him. He dropped right off his horse and started crying".

Yonghwa now broke into an amusing smile and said, "Let me guess, you went into big trouble with your parents?".

Seohyun laughed, "That was the best part. I didn't.  My parents were sitting outside of the merry go round when it happened so they didn't see anything. I bribed my brother that I will buy him ice cream if he stopped crying so he did".

"I can't believe how you got out of that".

"It takes some experience, but I wouldn't mind if my parents scolded me. It was worth the kick" Seohyun smirked.

Yonghwa shook his head in disbelief, "What a nasty sister".

Seohyun shrugged, "Hey don't judge, he was annoying then".

"Isn't he still annoying?" Yonghwa sugggested .

"Well.. you got a point there".

"Another point for Yonghwa!" Yonghwa cheered.

Seohyun smacked him at the back of his head, "Don't get too full of yourself".

"YAH!".

Seohyun giggled, and Yonghwa followed after her, laughing lightly.

They both not realising that they were truly happy at that point, they weren't worrying about any other trivial thing in the world and just concentrating on that moment,

They didn't realise they were still holding hands.

 

 


 

 

 

Seohyun swore to herself that she will never ever let Jung Yonghwa pull her onto a roller coaster ever again.

He was officially the craziest person she ever met. Considering the amount of weirdo she has met before in her crappy life, that was saying something. She actually caught him trying to bribe the worker that operated the roller coaster to increase the speed to maximum.

"What are you doing?" Seohyun asked from behind, curiously. Yonghwa was discussing softly with the worker who seemed uneasy.

"Nothing, just a simple request. You can do that right?" Yonghwa pat the worker on the back.

"Err I'll see what I can do, sir" the worker replied uneasily.

"Let's go then" Yonghwa easily grabbed Seohyun's hand and led her to the empty roller coaster seats. 

Seohyun climbed in first and asked, "What request did you ask from the worker?".

"You'll see" Yonghwa smiled.

 

Seohyun was unsuspecting as the roller coaster started. She wasn't afraid at first.  It felt good when the wind was blowing past her face . How long has it been since she has been this free to enjoy ? She can't remember the last time she had some time for herself.

That was until people started screaming. Of course, normal people scream when riding roller coaster. But she doubted that everyone would scream all of a sudden at that volume. She couldn't blame them because the roller coaster was going at such speed that they were being practically tossed around 360° as the roller coaster made a backflip on the track. If it wasn't for the safety handle that was holding their shoulders to the seat, they would probably be flying in the air and out of the amusement park.

"YAH JUNG YONG HWA IS THIS THING SUPPOSE TO GO THAT FAST?" Seohyun yelled at Yonghwa.

Yonghwa shrieked in joy as he put his hands up in the air, "You don't like it?".

"THIS IS CRAZY ! IT'S NOT SUPPOSE TO GO THAT FAST !" Seohyun yelled at him.

"I know!" he flashed a large grin at Seohyun.

Something suddenly clicked in Seohyun's head, everything suddenly fit together by it self.

"JUNG YONGHWAAAAAAAA YOU IDIOT YOU PAID THE WORKER TO KILL ALL OF US?!".

"I guess I did .. a bit ..?".

"IM GOING TO KILL YOU AHHHH !".

 

 


 

 

 

Seohyun didn't know how but somehow, they all survived the ride. The other passengers were complaining as the worker apologised, claiming he accidently increased the speed. 

Seohyun let out a gasp of relief when the roller coaster came to a stop. 

Yonghwa however announced excitedly, "That was the best ride ever ! Let's do it again!".

Seohyun's eyes suddenly flashed murder alert. She pushed away the safety handle and tugged Yonghwa by one ear.

"AHHHH! AHHH!".

She pulled him by the ear and dragged him out of the roller coaster compound, ignoring all the eyes that were staring at them. She finally let go when they were out of bounds. 

"Ahh ahhh it hurts you psycho!" Yonghwa rubbed his ear painfully.

"I'm teaching you so you don't go killing anyone next time!" Seohyun scowled at him.

"Admit it, you liked it" Yonghwa wiggled his eyebrows in a weird way.

Seohyun frowned and ..

"OUCH".

Seohyun swung her leg to kick his shin before stalking off in fury. Yonghwa jumped in one spot, clutching his sore shin.

Everyone around them stared at them, murmuring words like 'fighting' and 'couples'. Yonghwa clutched his shin, hopping at one spot. He glared at the spectators and said, "What? Never seen an angry girlfriend before?".

He hopped after Seohyun, yelling loudly, "WAIT UP, WOMAN!".

 

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE.

 

Yes, I am still alive.

 

 

I am not even going to make any excuses this time for not updating in a long run.

I am a mean author for making my readers wait.

I'm sorry.

STILL, I hope you enjoyed this chapter starring the starting of their first date.

Leave your comments below to tell me how you want to see YongSeo couple spend their first date together !

THANKS FOR STILL READING AND COMMENTING !

I will try to update more frequently, you guys are awesome loyal readers.

-Junghae.