Sweet

You Are My Sanity

        Sweet, Kyungsoo thought. The smell of soft, sugar and chocolate delicately danced around his nose, soon penetrating his pores and spreading the warmth into his stomach and calming the cold demon taking over his mind. As his determination crumbled along with his resolve, Kyungsoo dispassionately dropped his aching hand down to his side, dropping the glass on the floor. With his defense gone, the pain began to creep up from his legs, rapidly spreading over his body, ripping apart any sort of strength he had left. 

        What...what just happened to me? Kyungsoo blankly stared at his bloody hand, the cut a lot bigger and deeper than he had imagined. His hands trembled as his face twisted, reflecting the incredible pain he felt. Owch.
       "Oh-wait-Oh my God- Are you bleeding?! I-Oh God-" The handsome boy (for Kyungsoo did not know his name yet) put down the cookie basket and desperately grabbed Kyungsoo's wrist, pulling him into the house. The latter just followed, not having any more strength or courage to talk or resist against him. He sat Kyungsoo down on the couch (in which Kyungsoo immediately cringed due to the smell of his almost-victim, a.k.a. his father) and proceeded to treat the boy in pain. The handsome boy brought the first aid kit and began to wipe away the blood on his hand. Unable to take the deafening silence, the unknown boy tried to strike up a conversation.

       "I....I'm Kim Jongin." 

       "..." 

     Discouraged with his awkward attempt to talk to the owl-eyed boy, Jongin tightened his lips together and concentrated hard onto the hurt hand.  Kyungsoo just stared at his new....acquaintance (who looked like he was burning holes in his hands), wondering why he was helping him. It's not like Kyungsoo knew him, not that people he knew would help him anyhow, but still. The sudden act of kindness left Kyungsoo wondering: Why? 

        As Kyungsoo took a closer look at Jongin, he realized, Wow- this boy was more than handsome. His facial features were delicate but prominant, like a scultpure. He had perfect double eyelids that revealed his long, dark lashes and exposed all of his deep, dark brown eyes. His eyes reflected his worry and care for the hand, leaving a faint blush to bloom across Kyungsoo's cheeks. No one had ever looked at Kyungsoo in such a warm and inviting way. His skin was flawless without a a trace of scars or pimples anywhere that had Kyungsoo fawning with envy. Kyungsoo's skin was far from flawless. It was gross. Breaking away from those thoughts, Kyungsoo continued to observe the boy. Jongin pouted, trying to focus even harder, not that it was really possible, causing a tiny smirk to grow on Kyungsoo's face. His eyes trailed down his jawline to his soft, delicate lips. They were a luscious shade of red and pink, leaving Kyungsoo to shamelessly wonder what they would feel like against his. The boys hair was slightly ruffled and tossed, giving him a y, but bedhead look that complimented his eyes and his jawline. 

       I wonder if he has a lov- Kyungsoo's thoughts were interrupted by the sudden jolt of pain that came across his hands. It felt like needles were slowly being pushed inside, leaving an unimaginable trace of pain across his entire hand. Kyungsoo, unable to handle so much pain at once,  contorted his face and let out a broken, sharp cry.

       "AH!" Jongin jolted, surprised by the sudden shout, and a guilty look washed over his face as he frantically tried to figure out what to do.
       "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" Jongin spazzed out and blew on his hand, trying to dry the alchohol and stop Kyungsoo's cause of pain. As the pain washed away with Jongin's breath, Kyungsoo panted, trying to relax. He carelessly bandaged his hands, not wanting Jongin to treat his hand any longer.
       "Do you need to go to hospital?" Kyungsoo looked up at the boy, and merely shook his head. The last thing he'd want to is complicate the situation. Jongin smiled, a smile that reached his eyes, reflecting a loveable feeling that had Kyungsoo's heart go soft.

       "...Thank you. I'm...I'm Do Kyungsoo." Jongin nodded, acknowledging that he had heard, and stood up to leave.

       "I'll leave the cookies on the table. They were a gift as your new neighbor! I'm in the house next door if you need me." He flirtatiously winked, catching Kyungsoo off guard and heart beating with a familiar feeling that he hadn't felt in the longest time.

                                                                                                                 ----
       After an attempt to figure out the cause of his awkward behavior, Kyungsoo was left with more questions and a flustered mind. He pushed it away and stood up to put the first aid kit away. 
The first aid kit.
Kyungsoo immediately froze in his spot, his eyes widening followed by a suspicious frown. The first aid kit was something that his father hid away from Kyungsoo, put inside an abandoned trashcan in the dusty corner of his kitchen. Kyungsoo had found it a little while back, but due to its obscure hiding area, no one but Kyungsoo and his father knew where to find it.
But Kim Jongin, his new neighbor with the warm smile and inviting eyes, had known exactly where to find it.