Amusement

You Are My Sanity

       Jongin began to visit more frequently, constantly coming over and making sure Kyungsoo was okay. Kyungsoo was always grateful, because Jongin always seemed to know the perfect time to show up. After angry beatings from his dad, Jongin would show up and tend his wounds. After being thrown out of the house, Jongin would come along and sit with him in front of the door, keeping him entertained and making sure that he wouldn't snap like he did the first time he saw him. When Kyungsoo felt lonely, Jongin would climb in through the apartment window, and cheer him up. In short, Jongin was always there for him, even if he was quite mysterious. 11 years of being alone, and nearly being driven to insanity, Kyungsoo had found someone to stay with him. Always.
                                                                                                               ------
      "Ahem." Kyungsoo's father coughed, catching his attention. It was strange for him to be up so early in the morning.
      "Yes, father?" Kyungsoo looked down, but faced his direction. 
      "These tickets here, don't touch them, got it? They're not for you; I have to sell them to get some money. The money is exremely important, so if I find these missing, you won't be able to see daylight ever again, understood?" Kyungsoo looked over, and they were tickets to the local amusement park. Amusement Park...I've never been there.... Kyungsoo thought. Though he was dissapointed, he wouldn't dare to retort against him. His father always stuck to his word. 
       "Yes, father." His father grunted and nodded, waving off Kyungsoo to do his own thing again. His eyes trailed back to the tickets. Brushing it off, he grabbed his backpack.

       "Father, I'm going to school..." Kyungsoo whispered, as if he would listen. He brought his large, black hoodie over his head, and carried himself out the door. 

                                                                                                               ------
       Ever since Kyungsoo realized how he was being treated at school, everything around him felt much more hostile and scary. He now felt all the eyes on him, the mutters, and the disgusted looks being thrown his way. All he could do was lower his head further and walk straight to his classes. 
But as Kyungsoo noticed, not everything goes his way. 
His head, looking so far down from fear and shame, he didn't notice the four guys (devilishly handsome and popular)  headed towards him. Inevitably, they crashed, leaving Kyungsoo sprawled on the floor, eyes wide in shock and throbbing from the pain. 

       "Heyyyy it's creepy owl boiiiiii." The tallest one with a strangely deep voice and light brown curly hair looked down at him with his hands in his pockets and his face dangerously close to Kyungsoo's. His name, to Kyungsoo's belief, was Park Chanyeol. 

       "Ewwww whyyyy him and today of all dayzzzz." The diva with the obsession with eyeliner tried to brush off his clothes in a sassy manner. A classy Byun Baekhyun move. Chanyeol just snickered, putting an arm over Baekhyun's shoulder. 

       "Are you just going to sit there like a or what. You can if you'd like, though. No one would think twice about stepping on you anyway." The youngest one of the four boys, Oh Sehun, (definitely the one with the foulest mouth) raised an eyebrow and stared at him with his typical pokerface. Kyungsoo could only cringe at his words. 

       "Guys. Stop it. You're being rude." The oldest of all four, Suho, looked at him with a smile and offered a hand. But Kyungsoo knew better. He had known Suho long enough to tell the difference between a fake and real smile- his fake and real personality. Kyungsoo had learned from experience, after he had "tripped" down the stairs. Suho helped him go to the nurse and treated him with "care" and a "warm smile", as the school newspaper stated. Kyungsoo was grateful at first, only to find out that it was something he had planned to earn a good reputation. Despicable. 
       Kyungsoo just brushed the hand away and got up himself only to be pushed down by a large hand. Presumably by the size, it was Park Chanyeol. His presumtion proved to be correct when he heard the deep voice surrounding his throbbing head.

       "He just offered you a hand, you er. When he's being nice, you take it." Chanyeol growled at Kyungsoo, earning a small whimper from the latter. He looked up to be met with a fist that had the back of his head to the floor. The throbbing got worse, and Kyungsoo could feel the breath being taken away from him as people surrounded the small scene, giggling and chuckling in the background. Kyungsoo's face flushed and he tried to get up again. This time, it was the overdressed diva who took action. He was met with a slap on the face followed by 'oohs' and 'ouchhhh' from the crowd. 

      "Are you deaf or just plain stupid?" Baekhyun scoffed. "Though I wouldn't be surprised if it was both." He rolled his eyes and kicked Kyungsoo to the ground. Kyungsoo looked at Suho, who just stood their innocently, like nothing was wrong. His hand was still reached out, and although it was faint, he could see the amusement in Suho's eyes as Kyungsoo was constantly being pushed to the floor. As the four boys continued to abuse Kyungsoo, the crowd began to join in on the group "feast". Kyungsoo was just a vulnerable prey in everyone's eyes. Kyungsoo crouched himself together, waiting until they've had enough of their "fun" and leave. Just as Kyungsoo thought it would never end, the bell rang, and had everyone scurrying over to their classes leaving Kyungsoo on the floor. He felt the hot tears burning his eyes, and the demon awakening from the pit of his stomach again. He hated this. His blood boiled with anger making Kyungsoo's face red and hot with tears flowing down. He stood up, not caring about the throbbing pain all over his body and he trembled with anger. He was so close to snapping as his tiny hands balled into threatening fists and he trembled from the anger rising up in him all over again. Before he could snap and attempt to rip a head off a body, a familiar hand gently massaged his shoulder. Kyungsoo snapped back to reality, all his anger fading as he turned around to see bright face in front of him. 

      "Jongin?" Kyungsoo asked, in disbelief. What was he doing here? Perfect timing, once again. 
      "Hey, Kyungsoo. I was just walking to my school and happened to see you here..." Jongin looked to the ground and twiddled with his fingers. 
      "Oh, then...shouldn't you go to school? I think you're late already." Kyungsoo pat his back and smiled. The smile was genuine. But when he looked into Jongin's eyes, he couldn't help the question that was screaming at the back of his head. How did you know about the first aid kit? 
       "
Want to just skip school with me today? I mean..we're late anyway right? AndIhaveticketstoanamusementpark." What? Kyungsoo stared at him, unable to understand. 
       "I...I got some tickets to the amusement park..." Jongin sheepishly rubbed his neckand looked at everything else but Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo giggled at the shy image Jongin was sporting and dared to pinch his cheeks.
       "I'd love to go!" Kyungsoo bit his lip in excitement. He brushed off the question that repeatedly shouted in the back of his head. It could've been coincidence. Kyungsoo convinced himself.
       "Great! Let's go! I have everything ready already." Jongin grabbed Kyungsoo's wrist and pulled him out of the school. Kyungsoo sported a flushed look on his face, as a fresh rose color bloomed across his cheeks from the sudden contact. He went along with Jongin, excited for his first "date" with Jongin. Excited to be with someone who cared. 

                                                                                                         -------

School Students POV. 
       "Where do you think Kyungsoo was going?" Na Eun (a student at Kyungsoo's school) asked. 
       " Who knows? He probably went off to cry his tears away." Eunji answered, yawning and picking at her plastic nails.
       "Yeah, but...who was the other guy he was talking to?" Na Eun whispered.


                                                                                                         -------
       "Wow..." Kyungsoo eyes went twice the usual size as he twirled around to get the view of the entire amusement park. "This is amazing..." Kyungsoo saw all the bright, laughing people, and wondered if he could belong in such a beautiful place. 
      "Come on! We have a lot to do. It's your first time coming here right?" Jongin's smile nearly ripped his face and he ran around like a little kid. "Hurry Kyungsoo!" He laughed and jumped up and down, encouraging the other to step in. Kyungsoo laughed, something he hadn't done in a long time. He ran to Jongin, ignoring the sharp pain coming from his legs due to the fuss earlier. They walked side by side, their hands occasionally brushing against each other, causing Kyungsoo to turn redder and redder everytime. Jongin smirked and intertwined their fingers, earning a small gasp of surprise from the other. 
      "I think it's better this way." Jongin winked and Kyungsoo looked away, his face undeniably red and hot from the sudden change of atmosphere in their friendship. Kyungsoo didn't resist, he just continued to be led by Jongin to the areas where he thought were interesting. 

       After riding probably a thousand rides (in Kyungsoo's point of view) they decided to take a stroll around the park, their hands still intertwined and sweaty, though neither of them minded. Jongin bought cotton candy for them to share, and Kyungsoo held the pile of sugar while Jongin softly ripped off pieces and fed it to both of them. Everytime he would bring the cotton candy to Kyungsoo's mouth, a new shade of pink would rush up to his cheeks and he shyly accepted the sweet offer. Kyungsoo couldn't bring himself to look at Jongin, otherwise, he was sure that his face would burst from the heat and redness.
       As they finished the cotton candy, it was getting too dark to walk around, so they settled into a cafe and tKyungsoo offered to buy ice cream. While he was in line, he looked around observing the cozy place. The large window gave a nice veiw of the entire amusement park, now lighted with sparkling flashes and glitters, which is why Jongin had decided to sit there. There were many customers, giving this cafe a lovely and friendly feeling.  He saw a long line coming from the restroom, and a worker shoooing them all away, telling him the restroom was closed. Kyungsoo giggled to himself as a kid started to cry because he was about to "crap in his pants."

       "Hello, there! Can I help you?" A lady who looked to be in her mid-thirties smiled at her, flashing her white teeth.
       "Can I get two vanilla ice cream cones please?" Kyungsoo said, bringing out his wallet.  
       "Sure! Who are you getting the other for?" the lady asked, wiggling her eyebrows. Kyungsoo pointed at Jongin, sitting near the window and crossing his legs. 
       "My...uh...my date..." Kyungsoo looked everywhere except for the cashier, and felt all the blood rushing up to his face. He wondered if Jongin was okay with him calling him his "date". Due to the sudden rush of excitement, Kyungsoo failed to notice the confused look on the lady's face. 
       "Uh...where is your date?" She asked. Kyungsoo looked back at the spot, only to find that Jongin was no longer there. Alarmed, Kyungsoo dropped his wallet, moved away from the cashier and ran out the door.

       "Jongin? JONGIN!" Kyungsoo called. He felt himself getting desperate and the air being punched out of his lungs. He trembled with fear and a knot was being tied down in his stomach. Was he being abandoned again? No. He couldn't let that happen. Not with Jongin. Kyungsoo was about to run towards the exit of the amusement park, when someone turned him around and held him together with a tight squeeze. He could hear his heartbeat getting faster as the familiar warmth surrounded his entire body. He could breathe again. He felt the sculpted chin resting on his head, and the soft hands patting his back to calm him down. Kyungsoo felt loved in his arms. Tears began to stream down his cheeks as he squeezed Jongin tighter, afraid that he would escape or disappear again. Jongin nuzzled his face into his hair, trying to comfort the devastated boy.

       "It's fine, Kyungsoo. I'm right here. I was just using the restroom in the cafe." Jongin smiled. Kyungsoo was about to question that excuse when he felt a light pair of smooth lips gently brush against his forehead. Kyungsoo's breath was literally taken away, as he held his breath to feel the moment. His heart swelled up as more tears streamed down his cheeks, this time from happiness instead of fear. Kyungsoo just stood there, arms wrapped around Jongin's waist and his head leaning against his chest, listening to the other's heartbeat. Jongin did the same, but while carressing the other's hair and gently kissing the shell of his ear. 

At that moment, Kyungsoo pushed away everything except for Jongin. Like how it was late, and how he should be getting home by now. Or like how his father would probably beat him for ditching school and causing a phone call home. Or like how his wallet was forgotten at the store, and was probably stolen by someone at the cafe. Or how the restroom in the cafe was closed, so there was no way Jongin could've gotten in there in the first place.