Sincere Lies

You Are My Sanity

The horror scene laid out before Jongin scared him. 

It scared him to death. 

But what scared him wasn't Kyungsoo.

It was  what would happen to Kyungsoo. 

He would be lost again...he would be away from him again...

     "Jongin..." Kyungsoo's empty eyes pierced Jongin's heart. They were so cold but so warm, like the paradox surrounding his life. "He...he won't be chasing us anymore...We're free! I'm free!" He dropped the glass bottle and pulled Jongin into a warm embrace. 

Could someone be so full and void of love at the same time? 

     "K..Kyungsoo...You..." Jongin saw his world with Kyungsoo crumble into a heap of dirt, out of his grasp and away from his reach. The thought of life without Kyungsoo scared him- it scared him to the point that he couldn't bring himself to give him away to the cold, metal handcuffs waiting to trap him outside. Jongin's painful tears stained Kyungsoo's shirt like the dripping blood staining Kyungsoo's hands. 

    "Jongin...Why are you crying? We're free...We can be together now!" Kyungsoo's breathing became heavy because the sane part of him knew that they couldn't be together anymore. But that one hold of sanity vanished as he became drunk on the sobbing pile of words spilling out of Jongin's mouth. 

    "I love you." 
 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

     "J-Jongin! Tell them to stop! I'm not...I'm not the criminal! Why are they taking me away from you?" Kyungsoo struggled against the rough grip of the officers, as they pulled him away from his life.

      "Kyungsoo, it's okay, I'll be going with you..." Kyungsoo's eyes were brightened and Jongin difficulty watched Kyungsoo being shoved into the police car with hope. Jongin tore himself away from the sight and turned to the officer.

      "Mr. Officer?"

      "Yes?"

       "Kyungsoo doesn't belong in jail. I hope you know that."

      "Excuse me?" He furrowed his eyebrows and  walked closer. "Of course he belongs in jail. This wasn't self defense- it was actual murder." 

       " He did commit murder...But he doesn't belong in jail because he has psychosis. He should be in the mental hospital." 

      "I don't understand. He showed no signs of psychosis." Jogin's heart broke repeatedly as he had to reach into his memories and pull up his lover's behavior.

      "He killed his father because of his suspicion that he's been following him. This over suspicion and doubt is a type of symptom. Also, he's had hallucinations and delusions about-" 

      "Jongin! Come quick! The officers said they're leaving!" Kyungsoo's bright eyes brought a pained smile to Jongin's face. 

      "Everything will be okay...I'll be there soon, I promise!" He waved and his smile faded as the car faded from his vision as well. He turned back to the officer.

      "He...He's been having delusions about-" 

      "You?" The police officer finished his sentence and Jongin was startled. 

      "How..?"

      "I saw your license, Mr. Lu Han. So, he thinks you're...someone named Jongin?" Luhan was surprised at himself when he felt the trail of salty water staining his cheeks again. There was a fist gripping at the muscles of his throat as he tried to say something, but it was just too difficult after thinking about the fate of his lover and himself as a figment of his imagination. In reality, Luhan was nothing but a counseler to Kyungsoo, someone long-forgotten and unreachable. If Kyungsoo snapped from his delusion and saw LuHan...would he remain as his lover? 

       "I..I have to go..." Luhan hastily wiped his tears and turned away with only Kyungsoo on his mind.

He promised Kyungsoo that everything will be okay. 

He promised Kyungsoo that he would be there.

But it broke his heart that those sincere words coming directly out of his heart could be a lie- just like the one that bound their love together in the first place.

 



A/N: 

Did you expect that twist...or was it like a shoooorprisemindXD 

I hope it shocked youD: unless I was too obvious about it the whole time haha 

Well, Feel free to comment *shoots out hearts of lovehdkjfhsdkfjdsk*

P.S.: I started a new fic X) check it out! <3 *slappunchkick*