Fear

You Are My Sanity

        Kyungsoo wasn't ready to die.
After having a deadly confrontation with his father's fist, foot, and bat as soon as he woke up for "stealing" his amusement park tickets... Kyungsoo broke from fear. But he didn't break like he did the first time he saw Jongin. He broke with no malicious intent, and just the feeling of wanting someone to be there. And the one person that he wanted to be there didn't appear this time.

Jongin.

       He mentally called for him, as if the boy could magically hear him and appear like he always did. But another name came pounding at the back of his head.

Luhan. 

He had just met him, and he wasn't anything special, not that Kyungsoo could point out. But the warm eyes and the shy smile that the older displayed gave a rosy feeling in his chest because he could actual feel the love radiating out of him. But the name soon disappeared when the thought of Jongin interfered and invaded his mind.

His father had left the house again, leaving Kyungsoo near death on the floor, panting for help and fear spilling out of his eyes. He couldn't die yet. He had found someone he wanted to be with; someone willing to stay with him and treat him like a human being. Jongin. Someone that could bring joy and sincerity into his life after everyone turned their back on him. Jongin. Someone who was willing to sacrifice their time and happiness to share it with him. Jongin. Someone who was willing to love him. Jongin. Jongin. Jongin. Jongin. Jongin! Kyungsoo sobbed hopelessly on the floor, paralyzed from fear and pain. When all the energy drained out of him, he saw his vision go blurry. From tears? No. He had already cried his eyes out. When he heard the door creak open with a familiar face closing up on him, he heard his name being called. Someone was calling out to him. Before Kyungsoo could smile and embrace the moment, he felt his body go limp. He said the only words that were constantly ringing and banging against the walls of his head.

"Jongin...."

 

-------

      Kyungsoo woke up to a fruit scent surrounding his senses, along with soft bedsheets that hugged him in just the right ways. His aching was still there, but the cool air that wrapped around his body soothed it, and he gently lifted his eyes. Looking to the side, he saw someone asleep, with their soft brown locks pointing in his direction. Kyungsoo smiled and sat up, trying not to shake the bed so much. But the smallest ruffle caused the head to shoot up. 

    "Kyungsoo! Oh good you're awake..." He rubbed his eyes and gave a sleepy smile. 

     "Yeah. I am. Is this your house, Jongin?" The said boy froze and turned to look at him with a worried glint in his eyes. 

    "Uh. I-yeah. It's my house..." Kyungsoo nodded in content and took a quick look around the room. It was cozy, neat, and inviting, giving him a comforting feeling as if he was home. Jongin got up and was about to step out of the room when Kyungsoo grabbed his wrist. 

     "Jongin, don't go." Kyungsoo began to get teary eyed and Jongin gave a gentle smile. He gently pried Kyungsoo's hand off. 

    "I'm just going to get you some food." He rushed over to the living room, and Kyungsoo pushed the blanket off and tried to follow. His legs were aching and it took a lot for him to not sit right back on the bed. He walked inch by inch out the door, and went over to where his lover was, cooking in the kitchen. The sight warmed up Kyungsoo's cheeks. Getting used to the pain on his legs, he walked in longer strides over to Jongin and gave a quick backhug. Startled by the sudden display of affection, Jongin became stiff. 

      "Jonginnn...I'm hungryyy~" Kyungsoo, feeling bold, showed a little bit of his cute side. He felt his lover's cheeks bloom into a brilliant shade of red. 

     "T-The food's almost ready. I made you pumpkin porridge." Jongin wiped his hands on a rag and intertwined it with Kyungsoo's. "I'll set up the plates."

      The two lovers ate in silence, both just enjoying each other's company. After the full meal, Kyungsoo felt an unsettling feeling grow in his stomach. 

    "Jongin...do I have to go back...?" Kyungsoo looked into his eyes, lips quivering and hands trembling. The sight ripped out Jongin's heart and tore it up mercilessly. 

   "You..you can stay with me." Kyungsoo's eyes grew wide. 

   "What? " 

   "You can stay with me." Jongin said it bolder and confidently, which left Kyungsoo drowning in tears of happiness that he thought he never had. Jongin carressed his face and wiped the tear off his cheek. 

   "Don't cry...I hate it when you cry..." He leaned in and placed a soft kiss on his forehead. Kyungsoo thought it felt different from the first time, though the love and warmth was still there. But he paid that small detail no matter because he was with Jongin, here and now. He felt himself smiling widely while being embraced by a familiar pair of arms.

   "Jongin?" 

   "...Yes, dear?" 

Kyungsoo felt the words tickling his throat. It was coming from somewhere abandoned inside Kyungsoo, words that were so foreign. But he felt like he knew it. The sparkles in his stomach while thinking about him. The warmth that embraced him with just a single touch. The giggles that would spiral out whenever the name came out of his own mouth. All the wrongs that drifted away whenever the perfect face beamed at him, urging him to feel better. It was an unfamiliar, yet all too familiar feeling that Kyungsoo wished for. Love.

  "I...I love you." Kyungsoo pried the words out his mouth, the words that he never thought he would say to anyone. The words rolled off his tongue, and it just felt so natural as it smoothly flowed out with his gentle voice. He felt Jongin's hands tremble against his back. He was breathing unnaturally hard. "Jongin?" 

    "I l-love you too...." Kyungsoo smiled upon hearing the words and buried his face into the crook of his lover's neck. Everything just felt right today. It just felt like a dream.

-------

    After Kyungsoo insisted on sharing a bed with Jongin, they currently laid in a loving position with Jongin's arms behind Kyungsoo's head, and the said boy hugging himself onto Jongin. 

     "Kyungsoo." 

      "Hm?"

    "Do you remember how you met me?" Kyungsoo giggled and looked up to his face. 

     "Of course! I think it was....2? 3 months ago? You came to my house and introduced yourself as the new neighbor with a basket of cookies. You even bandaged my hurt hands!" He stared into Jongin's face with smiles, only to find that his was full of sorrow, pain, and...pity?

     "Jongin...why are you asking that?" Jongin looked at Kyungsoo's worried face and smiled. 

    "I was just wondering if you remembered. It was quite a while ago, after all." 

    "I would never forget. And you..." Kyungsoo flushed deeply and Jongin raised an eyebrow.

     "And I?" 

    "My first date...." Jongin blinked, while Kyungsoo covered his face with his hands. 

   "I was your first date huh....how nice would that be..." Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows upon hearing the words. How nice...WOULD that be? 

   "What do you mean?"

      Jongin smiled once again, masking away everything he felt at that moment. Kyungsoo noticed the fake in his eyes. He gulped feeling doubt creeping up his back and tickling his neck. Jongin...don't do this to me. The unsettling feeling soon grew into fear and all Kyungsoo wanted was some reassurance, some real explanation to pull his doubts away and- 

    "Nothing. Nothing at all." 

 

-------

        >u< are you guys mystified yet? Hehehe. Feel free to comment darlings.<3 

And I realize how short all my chapters are. ;__; I'M SORRY 
If I make it too long, it might get boring OTL
*criesdiesandfaints*