Chapter Thirty-Two

Shattered souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Saera stared at her reflection. Big, dull eyes and deep eye bags covered from slabs of concealer. The tears she shed every night was not visible today. She wore a white, dainty dress, the highlight of the outfit was the ring hanging on her neck.

Turning around, she saw her beautiful sister in a long, elegant wedding gown and beautiful wavy locks. She looked impeccably beautiful; more so than the first wedding.

"Do I look alright?" Saemi asked hesitantly

Saera smiled joyfully, the first time in days, "I am proud to be called your younger sister."

Hugging her tightly, she felt the warmth of their sibling love. Saemi combed Saera's hair, "You're strong, Saera-ah. Whatever happened to Sehun...you can't cry about it forever. I promise you, after today, you won't cry anymore. You will stand back to your feet, okay?"

Saera nodded, feeling vulnerable and pathetic for being so gloomy on such a joyous day.

It wasn't long before Saemi was walking down the aisle, her long dress that swept behind her, was held by Saera as she ignored the stares and walked behind her.

She stared at Saera, her joyous face was visible as she walked down the aisle.

She watched her exchange vows and kiss Daehyun on the lips, her eyes closed gently. She was so incredibly happy she had finally found her own happiness.

As Daehyun deepened the kiss, she followed the crowd and started cheering and clapping wildly.

"Congratulations." Saera said sincerely, as Saemi approached her first, the cheers drowning out. She hugged Daehyun afterwards, making sure to tell him to treat her sister well.

It was their first dance next, and Saera stood on the stage in front of the couple whom were going to dance a waltz.

The sound of the violin was heard as it filled the room, the music was enough to guide the couple to start dancing passionately and lovingly.

It was such a beautiful, beautiful sight. Saera was almost jealous of her sister; her sister really did have the perfect life.

As her piece ended, the audience clapped at her beautiful playing and at the sight of the blissful couple. 

Putting her violin down on a table, she scanned the ballroom full of people now dancing, chatting, drinking, flirting, congratulating. She felt her head throb in pain, it was a little too claustrophobic in here. 

Taking a glass of water from one of the table stands, she walked out to the balcony to be greeted by the fresh, chilly air.

Right then and there, Saera's breath hitched as she slowly stepped forward.

Reaching out with a shaky hand, tears welled up, staining her pure white dress.

The image in front of her blurred.

Her heart shattered at the sight.

There sat a familiar male on a wheelchair, staring at the night scenery as if he were waiting for someone important.

Closing her eyes deliberately just to stop herself from letting tears out, she placed a hand over her agape mouth as she stepped closer and closer. Her breath hitched, her heart stopped, and she pulled out her arm. Ever, ever so slightly...her finger slowly touched the back of the male.

And that did it.

Tears streamed down her face as all her emotions burst out in that one second. 

It was him. The one she had been waiting for....for five, long years. 

It was him, the one who she first met at this very balcony, on that very day of her sister's wedding.

It was him, the one who had lived next door to her, told her to be his girlfriend for a month, found out about her dark troubles, helped her recover from her fears, and kissed her ever so beautifully when he confessed he loved her.

It was him. Just him. And that...that was all that mattered.

Every so slightly, Saera pulled her finger away, wiping her flowing tears as she breathed in deeply. The male turned his head and stared at her. As their eyes met, all sorts of emotion filled up between the two lovers. 

With trembling lips, Saera finally op

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter