Chapter Twenty-Nine

Shattered souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saera closed her eyes as she rested on the window pane, watching the drops of rain fall onto the glass from the outside. 

The tears around her eyes had dried up long ago, yet, there was still a wave of sorrow over her face. 

She had promised Sehun she wouldn't cry over this; it was a new beginning, right? 

Yet, she couldn't help but feel the sadness overwhelm her emotions, taking control of her whole body and actions.

Maybe it was the shock of it all....maybe it was the surprise that they both had finally, truly, stepped into the real world. 
----------------
".....take a break?" Saera echoed the words in disbelief as she stared into his eyes, searching for answers.

"Do you...not love me anymore?"'she asked, voice shaky.

Sehun sighed, and replied, "My love for you has never disappeared, Saera-ah, remember that, remember that I will always love you."

"Then why?" 

"Why?" Sehun replied, "Because I want to see you be successful, Saera. I want you to go on with your dreams without me selfishly pulling you back. Countless times I considered asking you to come to America with me, but then I realised, I realised I was being selfish. I was trying to make you come over here to satisfy my dreams and my needs, I failed to realise you had your own too. Didn't you say you're going to go to Moscow if you pass the preliminaries? I couldn't possibly take over your time while you chase your dreams." His voice broke as he looked away, "And I couldn't possibly give up my dreams either."

"It doesn't matter though, the distance or whatever. I....as long as I know you're with me in my heart, none of that bothers me." She clutched onto her ring on the necklace.

"That's why, the distance shouldn't matter. I....I want us to have a break. After the break, when we've both succeeded, then, then we can truly be together." he said softly, Saera could hear the hurt in his own voice as he said it.

"Can...I still contact you?" Saera whispered.

Sehun shook his head almost a little too quickly, "We need space, Saera, we need to take a break. Don't contact me, please." 

Saera was hurt by his words, but nonetheless she said, "Promise me.....you won't forget me."

He nodded, blinking back the drops of tears.

"I love you," she whispered, and the call ended, leaving a desolate Sehun returning the words she didn't get to hear.

"I love you too."
---------------
Saera's heart burst as she walked towards the familiar building where she had her preliminaries last week. She was back again, but today, she was receiving her results.

These results were vital; if she passed, that means she was one of the few Koreans going overseas to Moscow, wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter