Chapter Thirty

Shattered souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saera stepped out the airport in Incheon; mobbed by the media and a handful of fans.

"Saera! You have just returned to Korea after living overseas, are you planning on staying long-term?" 

Saera smiled and nodded, her sunglasses hiding her doe eyes and matched with chic airport fashion.

"She will not be taking any questions," her manager said calmly, whilst ushering her out from the airport, ignoring the people around them.

As she went into the black van, she sighed in relief as she took off her sunglasses.

Five years.

It had been five years.

She had almost forgotten how Korea looked like, how familiar it was to her...five years had been too long.

After winning the competition, her fame had built up; now known as the youngest renowned Korean violinist. Her manager gave her a bottle of water, she thanked her before sipping it.

"You feeling alright?" a male voice erupted, and she turned to see the driver; it was Changmin.

"Changmin...what in the world?" she asked in surprise as she stared at her manager-unnie.

"Unnie! You told him, didn't you?" she accused.

Her manager laughed like a child, "I've been shipping you two since I've been your manager! I don't understand why you won't just get together already!"

Saera rolled her eyes; she had been through this for the millionth time...she didn't love Changmin, so of course they couldn't be together.

"Changmin, don't you have a job?" she asked.

Changmin smiled, "I quit."

Saera didn't reply...she wasn't sure if he was joking or not. Five years ago, they had reunited, but that was the point where nothing was the same again. No matter how hard Changmin tried to win her heart, simply put, her heart had changed. People change. Life changes. 

And if she kept dwelling on the past...she would always be stuck in time. She couldn't do that, because she promised Sehun, she promised him that she would be successful and await for their reunion.

"Saera?" Changmin asked, pulling her out of trance. He chuckled sadly, "Thinking about that Sehun boy again?"

Saera turned to face Changmin, almost apologetically, "He has never once left my mind."

"I know."

"Changmin?" she asked in a voice o disbelief...she couldn't believe that what her sister said was true.

Changmin was alive. He wasn't dead. He hadn't been lost in sea. He hadn't drowned. Her head was spinning, her heart was thumping, she didn't know if she was dreaming or if she was alive.

"Saera." he said softly, proving to her that indeed, this man was real. He had a sincere smile on his face, and suddenly, he went up and hugged her with all his might, squeezing her tightly..

"I've missed you so much." he whispered, about to give her a kiss on the cheek, but she pulled away just in time, looking away from him.

"Don't..."she uttered.

"What's wrong?" he whispered in disbelief. This hadn't been the reaction he had been expecting...wasn't this supposed to be their joyous reunion?

"You're alive?" Saera asked once again.

"I'm alive, Saera. I am really alive. I didn't die." he said with finality, trying to persuade her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter