Chapter Thirty-One

Shattered souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saera stepped into the apartment she once lived in; the small one that connected to Sehun's right next door. When she had left for Russia, the initial plan was to sell it...yet she couldn't. She couldn't do that. Not when this place held so many precious memories for her.

In the end she kept it, and bought Sehun's one as well.

She always felt a sharp pain in her heart...Sehun never contacted her. She held onto that small hope she had in her heart, the hope that he was thinking of her as well. She wanted to know, was he going well? 

Silly, it was. All she needed to do was a call. Yet, these five years she never dared to make it. She had been waiting for him. She wanted him to tell her that they could meet again and that everything was alright. She waited. And waited. Every year.

Yet, if she could take it any longer, her heart could not. It ached for his voice.

So, as she laid on her old bed, she pressed the American number in front of her and let it ring.

Ring ring

Her breath hitched.

Ring ring

Her heart accelerated.

Ring ring 

"Hello?" a familiar voice was heard through her phone as her eyes widened.

"Hello?" the voice asked again.

"Minji?" Saera whispered, her heart dropping.

"Is this...is this Saera?" Minji asked in response, her voice sounded shaky.

"You...you have Sehun's phone?" a betrayal seeped through Saera, she didn't know what it was, but something wasn't right.

"I do...yes, I do," Saera heard Minji's voice drop.

There was silence between the two females, as they both recollected their thoughts.

Minji suddenly spoke, as if she had figured it out, "I want to tell you something, Saera. It's important, and it's about Sehun."

Saera heard a male voice talking to her from behind, something along the lines that she couldn't go with him somewhere today.

"Sorry, that was my husband. Anyways, I want to meet you sometime....when are you free?"

Saera unconsciously held her breath as she replied, "Tomorrow morning would be fine."

"That's great, then I'll meet you at Sotree Cafe?" Minji's silky voice asked gently.

Saera felt an unexplainable feeling spread along her chest as she closed her eyes, "Okay."
---------
"Saera! How have you been?" her sister exclaimed when Saera walked into Saemi's new house; the one she shared with Daehyun.

Saera smiled warmly, giving the elder one a half-hearted hug before stepping in.

The main reason she had returned to Korea was to attend her sister's wedding as her bridesmaid. Funny enough, it seemed as though everything had returned back to the start. Back when she first heard of her sister's arranged marriage to Daehyun, back when her fate with Sehun begun....it was happening again but in so many different ways.

"I'm so excited that you're going to be our bridesmaid," Saemi said softly, as she  patted her sister, "And I'm ecstatic about our wedding!"

Daehyun chided her softly as he raked his arms around her waist, placing his head on her shoulder, "And how is this any different to our first wedding?"

Saemi pouted, "Well, we are both different people now, and this marriage is the real deal, not some stupid contract made by our parents. We're getting married like normal people."

Saera held back her burst of laughter, and scoffed, "Since when were you two abnormal people? Don't tell me....you used to be aliens?"

Saemi hit the back of Saera's head lightly, "Yah! You know what I mean! Instead of bei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter