Chapter Twenty

Shattered souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saera woke up from her slumber to the sound of her ringing phone. She rubbed her eyes, and looked around at her surroundings. She smiled a little as she stared up to see Sehun, his arms wrapped protectively around her. They had fallen asleep on the couch last night after watching the news.

Slowly breaking away from his embrace, she took her phone, and stared at it with bewilderment.

It was an unknown number.

Cautiously, she pressed 'answer' and was greeted with a familiar voice whom she hadn't heard for a long time.

What she heard was shocking...and she had no idea how to react to the news that beheld her.
----------
Saera calmed her racing heart with deep, long breaths as she knocked on the door of the house that she once called 'home.'

The door flung upon, and there stood the people whom she once called "family," the people who would put her down whenever they had the chance, the people who never treated her as one.

"Oh! Saera!" her older sister exclaimed with teary, red eyes, as she forcefully pulled her into a hug.

Saera was stoic as she felt her sister's arms wrap around hers, these arms were unfamiliar; they had never been affectionate.

"Darling, come in," her parents beckoned as they stood side by side, ushering her in with caring, gentle looks; such expression she had never seen before.

"Hi," she said meekly, obediently stepping in to this foreign place.

"We've missed you so much! Where have you been?" her mother exclaimed over-dramatically, wiping away some residue tears.

"Clearly. You were trying to find me all this time, right? I heard." she replied laced without emotion.

Her mother faked a laugh, and her dad and sister followed in suit.

"Yes, we were. We were very worried." her dad said in a very sincere voice.

Saera snorted, "Sure you were."

Fake.

Fake.

Fake.

This was all fake. They were being fake. Yet, Saera didn't have the heart to say no to their upcoming proposal.

"Saera....are you willing to be put into an arranged marriage?" her mother asked.

Saera stared back with determination in her eyes, yet, there was a small smirk on her face.

"Okay."
-----------
Saera felt her phone ring continuously as she lay on her old bed. Staring at the ceiling above, she closed her eyes, clutching her hands together.

"I'm sorry Sehun-ah. It must be hard on you." she whispered to no one in particular.

"I'm so sorry."
------------
Sehun felt his body tremble in anxiousness as he rang the doorbell to the place he once lived in.

The door opened slightly, as the person he loathed appeared in front of his eyes.

Her eyes widened in surprise, and she exclaimed, "Sehun? Sehun? Is..is this really you? What are you doing here? Oh my, it's cold outside, isn't it? Come in, come in!" 

Sehun ignored her loving, motherly words as he stepped into the house; he could feel it, the feeling of warmth, home, and love.

The smell of coffee whiffed into his nose as he sat down on the couch, with his step mum handin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter