Chapter Twenty-One

Shattered souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Saera-ah, it's time to wake up dear," said a sickly-sweet voice as she woke up from her slumber. She winced as her eyes fluttered open, and right in front of her eyes was her mother, eyeing her with the most loving eyes she had ever seen.....well, it was quite prominent that her mother was faking it all. 

Saera plastered the cheesiest smile she could do, and replied, "Good Morning umma! Why so early?"

Her mother's face turned into a sinister one as she replied, "Well, today, you're going to meet your soon-to-be husband, my dear. Kim Myungsoo, you old friend from high school, right? Funny, how they volunteered to help us out, we misunderstood them back then."

Saera didn't realise her mother had gone, as she was so wrapped up in her thoughts. One thing that her family didn't know, was that she had spoken to Myungsoo on the phone yesterday; she was utterly surprised to hear that her best friend was to be her fiancé, and even more astounded that Myungsoo's father was plotting a revenge on her family. Although Saera was not find of her family, she did not want to see this tragedy take place; in all fairness, her parents had given her shelter, food and education. This, would be the last thing she would do for them as repayment.

That was all.
--------------------
Dressed in a beautiful, elegant blue dress with her hair done beautifully, and her face smeared with make-up, Saera sat in the uncomfortable seat in the high class restaurant, with her parents, and Saemi accompanying her. The Kim family had not yet arrived, and this was the perfect time to converse with Saemi. The two sisters had not talked properly for a long time; even though their relationship was miserably horrible, Saera still decided to comfort her sister's marriage failure.

"Do you still contact Daehyun?" Saera asked worriedly, although Daehyun was from a snobby, rich family, she knew he was not a completely bad guy. The situation of his company probably had nothing to do with him, but as the heir, he was deeply entangled in the whole controversy.

Saemi laughed, "Why would I? He failed me. Said that he would keep me happy and rich, and look at where he is now...his company's collapsed, his in huge debt; why would I even dare to admit that I once was his wife? How shameful." she said scornfully.

Saera raised an eyebrow, maybe this was one of the reasons they never got along, their values were the complete opposite. Saera valued love, and Saemi valued money. It was as simple as that.

Saera did not reply her sister, as the Kim family had arrived fashionably late, and Saera could recognise Myungsoo's parents in a heartbeat, back then, they had been nothing but nice to her. However now, they were seeking revenge.

After exchanging greetings, the two families finally discussed ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter