The boat

October

I found myself aboard a boat; it had white sails and was floating on calm, clear water. I was totally alone, but there came a voice. It rang out loud and deep. At first I swung around to face whoever was talking, but there was no other body.

The booming voice said only two words “Kim Minseok” I recognised that name, didn’t I? I had heard it whispered all the time when I was lying in bed waiting to wake up.

It was spoken whenever I heard the door open and close, which probably meant someone had just entered my room. But why should they say it there?

Then it hit me.

Of course I should recognise that name, for it was my own. It was not the name that was given to me at birth, it was the name given to me by my new mother.

Memories came flooding back, and I almost toppled over as my heart seemed to get heavier. I could remember.

My real mother had died giving birth, and no-one knew who the father was, so I was adopted by a new family. My new mother’s name was Mina Kim. We had been so close together, I would help out in the kitchen and she would read me stories.

I swallowed and felt my cheek, I had started crying. I wiped my eyes violently until they were sore but were no longer flowing tears.

 “Kim Minseok” The voice said again, I tried to reply but only a gasp came out of my mouth.

 I sighed, my vision was blurry because I had wiped my eyes in such a way. But when it cleared again I walked over to the smooth, wooden edge of the boat.

I stared down into the clear water. I expected my reflection to be looking back at me, but there was nothing.

. I had no idea where I was, and all my senses were telling me to panic. But I felt unusually calm, and safe in this new environment.  It was an unusual boat, one you would see in a fantasy movie. It was pure white, the whole thing, even the wood. It had two pure white sails that were swaying gently.

There was no wind as I pulled myself up from the edge, but the two sails continued moving.  

I wished I knew where I was, but I had no idea. I had no idea about anything. But that one word was still floating around inside my head. Baozi. I just couldn’t place it.

“Kim Minseok, wake up!” The voice rang out again, this time louder and more urgent. The boat and the water disappeared, I found myself in utter darkness. I was back in the hospital.

 

(A/N)

Wow, are you enjoying the story so far?

This chapter was a bit rushed as I just remembered I have school work to do.....

Nothing much happens this chapter, because it was just about the dream he had while still in hospital. So.... I will update another very soon, probably later today.

I hope you enjoyed reading, and as usual comments and feedback really help me out :)

Thanks~