Chapter 8

Forgotten Memories

"We're here" Youngjae said as he pulled over at your house. You didn't move. You stayed sitting there.

"Soyeon-ah" You ignored him

He grabbed your hand and squeezed it firmly. "Soyeon-ah.. Let's go" 

"Shireo. (I don't want to)"

"Soyeon-ah-"

"I said I don't want to!" You rose your voice and finally turned your head to face him. He looked at you with the saddest eyes. You looked away feeling bad. 

"Mianhe.." 

He didn't reply. He let go of your hand and placed his hand on the steering wheel. There was a moment of silence. You were so frustrated with everything you felt like running away. 

"Let's run away" Youngjae said with all seriousness. You looked at him and your eyes widened. It was like he read your brain. He turned his head to you and stared. 

"Just for today" He seemed serious. He was serious. When you thought of running away you knew you wouldn't actually do it, but its only for a day.. so what's so bad about that. You nodded your head slowly and looked out the window. Youngjae started the car and drove off. 

 

You entered Youngjae's house right after him. "Ahjumma! Please bring water up to my room!" he called out. You followed him up the stairs and into his room. It was so neat and organized. You suddenly felt awkward seeing the bed. Youngjae seemed normal and didn't seem to have an awkward expression at all. He sat on the bed and looked at you, noticing you were being a bit awkward. He chuckled and walked up to you. He held onto your hands and looked at you. 

"Spend the night here. I'll sleep on the couch" He said smiling softly. 

"Kwenchana, I can take the couch" You replied feeling bad. 

"Anyaa, it's been a long day for you, you take the bed" He flashed you a smile of his teeth and pulled you into a warm hug. 

"Oppa" You said still hugging. 

"mm" 

"By any chance..Do you know Daehyun?" There was a long pause.

"mm.. we used to be friends" He said breaking the hug slowly. 

"ahh, it seemed like it" You said finally being able to understand something. Just then the maid entered the room with a cup of water on a tray. 

"Sir here is-.. is that..omo Soyeon agashi!" She said placing the tray on his desk and running up to you. She grabbed your hands and looked at you smiling. You were confused. 

"Agashi! Where have you been?" She said smiling, happy as ever to see you. You looked over at Youngjae. 

"Ahjumma... She doesn't remember.." She looked at Youngjae with worry in her eyes. 

"She got into an accident and lost her memories, but they're coming back from time to time" The maid looked like as if she regretted doing what she just did to you. She let go of your hands and bowed as an apology. 

"Kwenchana! it's happened a few times" You said smiling but wanting to cry now at the fact that you can't remember any other important events. Youngjae gave the cup of water to you for you to drink. 

"Gomawo" You said catching your breath after gulping the water all at once. 

 

You were sitting on the bed looking through the missed calls in your phone. Youngjae threw clothes at you. It was a shirt and some shorts. You looked at them then back at him. 

"You're not sleeping in your jeans are you?" He said with a smirk. "I'll wash up first" He said entering the bathroom. You looked through your photos and there was nothing much. Just pictures of streets to help you get around. 

*Bding*

You recieved a message from a strangers number.

Soyeon are you feeling okay now? 

You stared at the screen confused. 

Who's this?

You waited a few seconds. *Bding* You opened the message. 

Daehyun

You felt your heart stop. You didn't know why it was suddenly beating so fast. 

How'd you get my number?!

*Bding*

I missed called my number from your phone when you were over at my house k k k 

This guy. You kind of liked what he did though. It made you smile. 

I knew there was something fishy going on when you told me to go get you water -.-

The door clicked open and Youngjae came out with his hair a bit wet. He was drying the back of his head with a towel. You looked at him. He was attractive. He looked at you and stopped in his tracks. 

"What are you doing? go wash up" He said putting the towel on his shoulder. You shrugged off your thoughts and grabbed the clothes he gave you. You took your phone and walked into the bathroom. You changed into your clothes after taking a shower. You dried your hair with the blow dryer. You looked down at your clothes. *Aish.. how am I going to go out  like this* The shirt you were wearing was too big that it covered the shorts. It went down to half your thighs. You turned the door knob slowly and opened the door. Youngjae was sitting on bed reading book. He looked up from his book and starred at you. 

"ehm" you gulbed and scratched the back of your head.

"the shirt is kindof.. big right?" he just starred at you.

"o-eung.. (yes)" He stuttered and got up from the bed.

"Have some rest" he said. You climbed onto the bed awkwardly and faced the ceiling. 

*Bding* You took your phone and opened the message.

Soyeon-ah, Don't think too much about what happened today. Just get some rest, you'll figure it out. If you need anything tell me! Ah. And save my number, don't think of not doing so -.-

You smiled at the sweet text as your heart started beating fast again. 

Arrasseo, I'll save your number. Don't worry I will be fine. Gomawo.. for being concered.

*Bding*

Anyaa, Of course I have to be concered. Don't want to keep you up too late, Chalja my babo (goodnight my idiot/stupid/fool) 

You smiled *Psh. You're the babo*

Chalja Daehyun~

"Why are you smiling like that?" Youngjae said while he was standing turning off his phone. You turned off your phone and put it on the table next to the bed. 

"Just because.." You said smiling then drifted off to sleep. 

 

You climbed over to the bed and layed down. He came out of the bathroom and walked over to the bed. You sat up and gave him a worried look. 

"Let's sleep" He said smiling getting under the blankets.

"But.. I'm.. not ready" You said looking down at him. He started laughing so hard. 

"Yah, what kind of thoughts are you having?" You blushed and looked away *aish..*

"Ohh our goongjoo is dirty minded" he said sitting up and poking your stomach for a little tickle. 

"Stop" you said slapping his hands away trying to make him stop from poking you. He layed down and looked at you smiling. 

"Yah, what are you gonna do when we get married. Are you gonna be scared all the time?" He said smirking at you. 

"I wouldn't want to marry you" You said looking at him. He pulled you down by the arm and before you knew it, you were laying down in his arms. 

"Then I'll force the marriage." He said hugging you tighter. You pushed his chest away slowly and looked up at his face. 

"Then prupose already! Aigoo chincha. How much longer do I have to wait, all the girls are still trying to hit on you" You complained. He laughed at your facial expressions and pulled you back to lean on his chest. 

"Those girls can't get my attention, cause I only see you in the crowd." You punched his chest.

"So cheesy"

"You love it" He said laughing. You blushed.

"I do" You said as you wrapped your arms around him.

"Ah" He said touching his chest.

"Oh... mianhae I forgot you got hurt from the other day" You said patting his chest. 

"Kwenchana" You frowned and put your head against his chest gently. 

 

You woke up in the middle of the night from this dream. *What was that?* You sat up and looked at the time. *aish.. it's 1* You went back to sleep. 

 

"LET GO" You screamed trying to break free. 

"SOYEON-AH" the manly voice screamed. He was running up to you until two men grabbed him. You watched as they pulled him away turning him around and giving him punches everywhere.

"HAJIMA (don't)" You tried even harder to break free. You wanted to run up to the person so badly. They kept pulling him away. They threw him on the ground and started kicking him. 

"PLEASE STOP!" you started crying so much. They pulled you farthur and farther away. You tried harder to break free until you pushed one of the men which caused him to hit his head on the wall. You kicked him in the crutch and kicked the other man in the same place. You turned around to see that the man was holding him from his hair and he had a knife up to him. 

"HAJIMA" You ran and pushed the man to the ground. You both landed on the ground and his knife landed between you two. You grabbed the knife quickly and stood up in front of the man you loved to protect him. You held the knife with two hands and pointed it at the two men. 

"Don't you dare come any closer" They walked a step closer smirking. 

"I SAID DON'T COME ANY CLOSER" You said pretending as if you were about to stab them. 

"JUGEULAE?! (do you want to die)" you screamed. They stood in their place. One of the men recieved a call. After answering it he told the other guy that their "work" was done. They walked away giving you a smirk. You watched them walk away and drive off in their cars to make sure they were really gone. You noticed that you were actually still pointing the knife. You dropped it scared and put your hands up to your lips. You turned around to see him lying down on the ground. His face with bloody, his clothes were ripped and he has bruises everywhere. You dropped on your knees and put his head on your lap. You touched his face and started crying. 

"Soyeon-ah..na kwenchana.." He said breathless.

"Ankwenchana(you're not okay), I told you not to have a word with them but you never listen!!" You said raising your voice. He moved his hand over to yours with the last bit of power he had. He squeezed your hand gently and smiled a weak smile. His eyes grew weak and started to close. 

"Gomawo.. for.. fighting.. for me.." He said breathing between his words. You cried as he was in your arms.

"Call Youngjae" He told you. You nodded and dialed his number. 

You woke up panting for air. Another dream? In a row?! You stayed up thinking about the dreams. You were too scared to fall asleep. You looked over at Youngjae who was sleeping on the ground now. You walked up to him and shook him. 

"Oppa" He didn't move

"Oppa irona (wake up)" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Waee.." he said with his eyes still closed. You pulled him up and put his arm on your shoulder. You moved him to the bed and he layed down. You move to the other side of the bed and put pillows in between you two. *Wait a second.. the person in the dream told me to call Youngjae.. does that mean that.. the guy wasn't him but was someone else?* you looked at Youngjae. You didn't even know what was right and wrong anymore. And with that you drifted off to sleep.