Chapter 29

Forgotten Memories

You slid your arms under his shoulders and started dragging him through the wet rain. It hasn't been long since you were happy and now your fears are back again. You knew it was your father's doing, who else would it be. 

"Daehyun-ah" You sobbed. You dragged his heavy body to the front door. You tried opening the front door as quick as you can, leaving blood prints everywhere. You heard some footprints splash the water and saw a faint figure in the dark. It was getting closer and closer. Your eyes widened, terrified, you quickly tried dragging Daehyun inside. The figure started running and got closer and closer. You dragged Daehyun inside as fast as you could and then got up and ran to slam the door shut. You locked the door as quick as you can and looked at Daehyun laying down on the floor. You ran by his side and touched his face, patting it lightly. You had no idea what to do. You thought of all the possible people until you came across the thought of him.

"Youngjae.." You searched your pockets for your phone. Remembering you left it outside in the rain, you got up and ran to the living room's phone and picked it up. It took you a moment to remember his number. You pressed the numbers leaving blood prints on each key and waited for him to pick up. 

"yobus-"

"Youngjae-ah! You have to help me! I don't know what to-" The banging on the door interrupted your sentence but you continued to talk faster. "Daehyun's head is bleeding and he isn't waking up! Eottokhae Youngjae-ah?!" You started freaking out and sobbing on the phone and slid down to the floor slowly. 

"Soyeon? Did you get enough sleep? I don't thin-" 

"Youngjae! I'm serious! What do I do?!" The banging on the door shook you once again and you looked towards the door. "I have to go, I'll call you back!" You said your face stained with tears as you dropped the phone as you didn't have time to put it back in place. You ran over to Daehyun and slid your arms under his shoulder's again. You looked around not knowing where to take him.

“I don’t remember anything about a basement”  you said confused.

“I told you about it once but you forgot baboya”

The basement. You dragged him to the basements door as quick as you could. You opened the door and dragged him down the stairs carefully down the basement and didn't bother turning on the lights. You placed him behind the couch and a lamb next to the couch and ran to lock the door and quick as possible. You pushed a cupboard as far as you can to block the stairway. Your eyes searched the room for a phone and you found another home phone next to the piano. You ran and dialed Youngjae's number. 

"Youngjae-ah!" 

"Listen, I'm on my way right now and I've called police, where did you say Daehyun was hurt?”

“His head is bleeding” You sniffed and took a glance at Daehyun’s state.

“Okay, I need you to stay calm and do as I say okay?”

“arrasseo” You nodded and sobbed lightly.

"Look for the cleanest piece of cloth you have around you, can you find anything?" You got up searching everywhere for a piece of cloth. You opened the drawers and found a few clothes.

"I found one" You said while taking out the couple shirt that you used to wear with Daehyun. 

"Okay now place it on the wound" You ran to Daehyun and placed it on the wound. 

"Okay what now?" 

"Okay hold it there for 15 minutes" 

"15?! Are you kidding me? The guy can break in in 5!" You freaked out. 

"Just do it!" 

"Okay I put it over the wound!" 

"No! Put it around the wound not over! And press for 15 minutes! I'll stay on the line with you in case anything happens" 

"Gomawo Youngjae" You sobbed. You placed the phone down and pressed with both your hands as you stared at Daehyun. He looked at peace, but still the most pitiful looking a person can get. He was soaking wet from the rain and so were you. But you didn't even feel cold, you were just thinking of Daehyun the whole time. You grabbed another shirt from the drawer and changed it for him carefully so that he would not get worse. Your tears start rolling down and eventually landed on Daehyun's face. You're now thinking that you're the reason he's suffered so much, if you hadn't showed up again things would be fine, for him at least. You now regretted every second you hadn't said you loved him, or kissed him, or hugged him, or haven’t even looked at him. You regretted the times you made him mad, you just wanted to go back so badly right now, you wanted to go back so that you would on focus on each other and not have a care about anything else in the world.

You heard the front door shaking as if almost about to break open. You shook cocking your head to the door. You looked around for a spot for Daehyun and spotted the bathroom. You went through dragging him again with the last bit of energy you had. You placed him in the bathtub and closed the curtains on him. You walked out looking for a weapon you could use. You cursed Daehyun for not having any guns or other weapons. You stopped moving when you heard the door finally open. You turned off the lamb and ran hiding under the piano. After a short pause you heard footsteps come down the stairs. You held your breath as you watched the figure push the cupboard with little effort knocking it down to the ground. He walked around slowly and stopped in the middle of the basement. You suddenly heard a low clinging sound from the bathroom, which made you and the figure turn to the bathroom. He walked slowly towards the bathroom. 'Daehyun..' you tried to think of something quick. You scanned the room for something, anything. You snuck out from under the piano and grabbed the blanket on the couch and suddenly threw it on the man. You held it around him for a few seconds while the man yelled and fussed around until you let go and ran for your life. You ran upstairs and he ran after you. 

You ran as fast as you could until you were getting soaked up again in the rain. You ran through the rain until lights that suddenly appeared in front of you blinded you. You kept running until you slipped and fell on the ground. You stayed lying on the ground, might as well give up now. Everything suddenly turned into slow motion. You saw many men in blue uniforms march out and capture the man behind you. You felt someone shaking you a couple of times and everything went back to normal. Youngjae helped you up and you could only stare at his face.

“Soyeon-ah! Say something!” He shook your shoulders.

“Daehyun..Dae-OPPA” You turned around running for the door but Youngjae held you back. “What are you doing?! Let go!”

“Just stay here! They’re going to get him, you just need to stay here” His eyes looked so worried until they drifted off to something behind you. You furrowed your eyebrows then turned around to get a glimpse of what he was looking at. You saw Daehyun laying down on a bed that was being carried into an ambulance.

“Daehyun!” You wanted to run but someone grabbed you again.

“Miss, we need to question you on the case first” Said the officer.

“Does it look like this is the right time?!” You shoved his arm off of you and ran to the ambulance.

“Are you his-“

“Yes, I’m his guardian” You cut them off and sat in the ambulance. You held onto his hand and sobbed. “This is all my fault..” you sobbed quietly. You felt his hands grip tighten just a bit on yours. Your eyes widened and looked up at Daehyun. “oppa..” His eyes were still closed. After about a 10 minute ride to the hospital the doors opened and they rolled Daehyun into the emergency area. You followed after them and watched the nurses ask for space while running through the hallways. More doors kept opening and all you could think of was for one of them to stay open. Daehyun. If that door closes, everything would come to an end.

“Excuse me ma’am, you can’t enter here, it’s strictly forbidden” You watched his body be rolled away by the nurses into who knows what that place was for. You bend down slowly and sat on the ground. You stayed there for what you could call hours; just thinking how would be like if you had never met. He would have fallen in love with someone else right? You would’ve too.. right? He would have never gotten this hurt ever in his life. Life would be so much easier, for the both of you.

Youngjae ran around the hospital until he found you sitting on the ground starring into space. How could someone go through as much as you could and still stay strong and not walk away from what they love? He slowly walked up to you, you didn’t even notice until he called your name. You looked up with red eyes. He slowly bends down and looks at you. “Here. They managed to save this” You looked down at what he was holding. “They said your case was water proof, so you’re lucky I guess” You slowly moved your hands and grabbed hold of your phone. You clicked the home button and there it was, a picture of you and Daehyun smiling happily. Your traced his face with your fingers and then held your phone to your chest.

“Do you think it’s my fault?” You looked up at Youngjae. He starred at you while shaking his head. He brought you into his chest.

“Don’t say things like that.. It’s not your fault..” You hugged him back and looked down at the picture on your phone. You then closed your eyes preventing the tears from falling.

You opened your eyes and found that you had fallen asleep. You sat up looking around. “You’re up?” You looked at Youngjae confused coming in from the door. He chuckled. “I let you sleep here on the couch.” You noticed you were in a hospitals room.

“What about Daehyun” You said worried. Youngjae sighed and looked the other direction. You looked at the other side of the room and saw Daehyun lying down on the bed. You walked up to the bed and sat next to him holding his hand.

“I’ll give you time” Youngjae smiled and left the room. You starred at Daehyun’s face that was busted with bruises. You shed tears again and touched his face.

“It must have hurt..” You leaned in and pecked his forehead.

You applied cream to the cotton bud then patted it gently on Daehyun’s face. “Oppa, with these creams it will heal faster” You smiled slightly while dabbing it on. You looked at the door open and smiled at Youngjae.

“I got you food” He smiled while setting the plastic bag on the table. He sat down next to you and starred at Daehyun.

“Gomawo oppa, for helping me out” You said quietly. Youngjae smiled and ruffled your hair a bit.

“What are friends for” He said smiling. He went back to starring at Daehyun. “Jashik.. It always takes him a long time to wake up. Wake up already, your girl is here” He said in a teasing tone. You chuckled and gave Youngjae a light punch.

“Don’t talk to him like that” You pouted.

You spend the night sleeping next to Daehyun on a king bed size. Thankfully they gave you a big room this time.

“Oppa don’t you like this room? It’s big and nice, and really comforts you doesn’t it?” You said then turned to face Daehyun. “Later on when I get the company back from my dad, and I make soooo much money, I’ll build us a nice house that will be comforting just like this room” You smiled. You held his hand and then looked back at him. “But for now it would be nice if you woke up.. I have a lot of things I want to say..” 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Back in the game subscribers! Thanks for reading^^