The History

Revenge *HIATUS*
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10.058w

.

In the other room, a big room that gives an ancient feels just by looking at its decoration such as the old styled chandelier in the middle of the room surrounded with many row of sturdy wooden bookshelfs, Baekhyun, Chen and Xiumin searching for a book that interest themselves. At first Baekhyun just sitting on the reading area which has many tables and chairs, its exactly looks like school’s library but way more bigger. He is too awe-struck by how big this library is, he went to the second level of the library, what is funny + awesome is that this’ a magical mansion and so it’s library.

 

Once he steps on the small stairs, it’ll make a trumpet sound and he yelps because of that. Chen who hears it, turns his head and laughing at Baekhyun’s shocked-face, “ Hahahaha! You look so terrified Byun Baekhyun!! So funny!!! Gyahahahaha” Soon after he got a hitted by a flying book that call itself ‘ The book keeper’ or you can call it a librarian.

“ Don’t be so noisy inside the library! Don’t you learn that at school Jongdae?!”

"Seriously after a hundred years you're still noisy like always!"

 

It’s a woman voice that coming from the book and it kinds reminds them of their old-librarian at school that always scold them not to be noisy.

 

Baekhyun giggles as he goes upstairs leaving the latter to argue with the talking book, he looks around and realize that this books on the upper floor are older than the first floor’s book, he could tell when he touch a book, some part of  its cover exfoliate a bit. He puts back the book then something catch his eyes. He looks at the other bookshelf beside him, taking a closer look at that one book. He gasped when he realize that it’s shining, the book is shining.

 

At first he hesitates to take it but out of curiousity Baekhyun takes it, he leans his back on the shelf as he tried to read the unknown language engraved on the cover. He tries to flip open the the book but ended up flipping half of it because its so damn heavy and thick. He manages to balance it and realize there is a small mirror attached inside it.

He also realize that something is engraved on the mirror, “ Hm? It looks like my symbol..” He look closely at the mirror, looking at himself. He frown when he realize that something is on his face, its like a healed tiny scar on his right cheek, “Wha- since when I got a scratch here?” He touch his face but he couldn’t feel anything, there’s no scar.

Just to be sure he put the book and takes out his phone’s camera to see his face clearly revealing his smooth face, no scar was found. He can feels goosebump all over his body, “ Like seriously?? ” that second he wants to storm out from that place because he's seriously terrified, but he stops and looks at the book. He is afraid but his curiousity push him, told him to just take it so he can examine it, just like what he did usually. He groans as he stomps his feet and carefully take the book, "If i cant sleep tonight i swear i wont come inside this room again " and bring it downstairs.

 

He goes to the further table, he sits down and read the book. This time he opens from the first page but he cant understand a thing that is writen on the book, well since Baekhyun is korean and the book is writen in some unkown language. he just flipped past the pages only stopping when he saw a pictures, still he cant understand the picture without reading the small explanation sentence underneath it. He sighs, " Why did i take this book with me if i cant even understand any of it."

He keeps fliping the page until he stoped at the middle of the book, the pages show a small mirror on it's left and there is a picture of his symbol on the next page and many ancient language. " Seriously i need to learn this language " He is so freakin curious about this book especially about that crepy mirror and he is sure that the words next to it must be the explaination. He put both of his arms in the air as he's leaning aka streching his back against the chair closing his eyes.

 

“ Oh there you are”

 

Baekhyun opens his eyes to see Chen looking down at him from the back. " Oh hey! "

" I see you found some interesting book here" he takes the book and put it on his lap as he sits ontop of the table after checking around if there's that old lady around the area. "Where did you find this Baek?"

"Umm at the second floor on the 54th row near the window. And hey do you know what language is this?" he points at the words to show him the weird looking words to Chen. 

" Ah.. Yeah i know this is some ancient lang that we used longtime ago─"

Suddenly Baek grabs his wrist, he's looking at his sparkling-excited eyes, "Teach me!! "

"Wha─ Why so sudden?"

"I want to read this book so badly. come on teach mee Chenchen!"

" Err actually you should be able to read it too─ oh maybe its because your memories havent come back yet. Sorry Baek but honestly this language are seriously hard and we all know what this book is so its better for you to wait until you get your memories " Baekhyun slumped back to his chair, pouting. "Its not fair. but did you say you all know what this book is? " Chen nodded.

" You know this book has a small mirror in it and when i looked at it, my face─" Without warning Baekhyun felt a hard grip around his mouth, making his back slightly hitted the chair, he widen his eyes in shock. "W-Woah that was close... Sorry Baek but you're not suppose to tell anyone about what you see on that mirror." he moves his hand away from the shocked latter before him. "T-That surprised me.." 

Chen ruffles the raven's hair, "Sorry about that.. But something bad might happen if you said that next word. "

"And.. why is that? "

" Something occured in the past Baek. And you know twelve of us owned the same book like your's. its from our ancestor so be sure to take care of it." Baekyun want to asked more about what happened but looking at Chen's expression somehow makes him cancel his action. He just nodded and asked, " So did you find the book that you want?"

 

“ Well no we couldn’t find all the books we need buuuttt we found this! We thought you might want to see it, Dont worry it's in English” Chen puts the thick book on the table, “ It doesn’t look like an ordinary book. Or I could say it may not be a book”

 

And he is right, when he opens the cover he widen his eyes as his eyes scanning the words. Chen smiles at him, “ Do you recognize anything? Do you know what is this?”

Baekhyun was not too sure about what he is gonna say, “ Photo album.. isn’t it?” Chen nodded, “ That’s right. read it”

 

Before he continues, he took a glance at his friend who now is sitting beside him with a big grin on his face. Then he goes back to the book. “ Year 1457- What?! Did I read it wrong?” Chen shakes his head, “ Look ” The page suddenly lighten up and show a picture of  many people standing in front of a building. They wear a weird clothing and many other weird thing around them. “ Who are they? ”

“ They’re our great great ancestor. The one who built our clan. They was isolated deep inside this forest.”

“ And why is that?”

 

“ In that era, people believe that people who can use magic or born with that ablity are monster. At first all of them are female, they called them witches. But after a few years they found a man who can use magic too. His name is Clive. His magic are so powerfull that many people are scared of him and left him all alone in his village..”

Chen look at him, “ Do you want me to continue?” He asked. Baekhyun nodded as he look at the picture with ‘Clive J.N’  under the picture.

 

“ He was all alone in that village until he found a rundown cottage in the middle of a lake not far from his village. He’s wondering why is there a floating cottage in the middle of the lake? He also realize that there’s someone in there. So he decides to visit the cottage, at last he could talk to someone again after all this years. That’s what he thought. He waits until someone opens the door, revealing a beautifull pink-longhaired woman.”

 

The book flips over the next page revealing a picture of a very beautiful woman, “ Whoa.. so pretty. She looks like a maiden” Baekhyun cares her hair and the blackwhite picture turn into the colored one, he yelps because of the sudden change he caused. It’s a magic book afterall.

 

“ So after that meeting, he always visit that woman who is called Beatrice. She used to be a flower girl in her village but you know what happened.”

“ … S-She’s a witch?” Chen nodded. “ So that legend was true huh?”

 

“ What legend?” Chen asked, “ The one that said the witches are very beautiful.” Chen laughs “ Yeah you’re right! I will let you see something more amazing than this later. Let me finish my story.” Baekhyun nods.

 

“ So after a few years in contact with her, they married. A marriage between a great wizard and a great witch. In 1566 they got a child, twins. In that era people also believe that having a twins means that it’s a cursed child and must be killed right after they were born. But the couple themselves are already isolated from people, there’s no need to be worried about that kind of issue. So they raised their children with love and peace around them. They named the older as Blane and the younger as Trevor.”

“ They lives happily surrounded by nature energy and magic. As a good parents they only teaches white magic to their children to not causing any harm and they’re very capable to do it as expected. They might be the most clever wizards in magic history even if they couldn’t use any black magic.

 But something tragic happen not long after their 15th birthday, the twins was bored to play inside the forest and they went into the village. They who were still young didn’t know that their species brings a bad luck to the human. And because of that people recognize their dark-pink hairs and also their same faces which symbolize a twins and went to hunt them. Clive and Beatrice are using their magic to protect their beloved twins, they teleported them into a woods in another regions so that the hunter can’t kill them.”

 

“ W-What happened with the parents then?? Are they dead?”

“ The kids didn’t know what happened to their parents, are they died? Or maybe they still alive out there? No one knows. That’s why they’re searching for their parents, they learn teleportation magic and went back to their homeland but what they see is a disaster.”

“ W-what is it? The hunters are waiting for them??”

“ No. it’s the opposite. Their parents is there, waiting for them to come home.”

“ … So they aren’t dead? That’s great─ “ Baekhhyun gasped when he sees what is on the next page. “ This is what happen.” Chen pointing at a picture, “ They sacrificed themselves for their children. They didn’t even fight back when they were captured and burned in front of each other.”

“ B-Burned?!! So.. Oh my God.. That’s too cruel”

“ Yes. They were greeted by their parent’s burned-body. After that day, they want a revenge for their parents. And Baek, do you know the story of Hansel and Gretel?”

“ Hm? Ofcourse I know. It’s every children’s favourite story right?”

“ Hahaha! Yeah, it was my favourite one too.”

“ Was? Why is it a ‘was’?”     

“ Yes. Until I know the true ending of it. The truth is their parents are witches that was killed with a hunter at that era. Hansel and Gretel themselves are a witches and a wizard. And about that cake house where the granny lived, they killed the granny by burning her into an oven, alive.”

 

“ Chen. What is the point of you telling me of this story?”

“ Don’t you realize the similarity of these two stories?” Chen becomes serious all off sudden.

Baek gulps once he realize that both of the stories are indeed the same.

“ D-Don’t tell me..”

“ Yes Baek. Hansel and Grettel stories are adapted from our clan’s history. But they changed the truth into some bull happy ending stories.”

“ Th-There might be just a coincidence Chen.. There’s no way the creator of the story knew about our history..”

 

“ What if they knew?”

“ W-What?”

“ We got the record Baek. We know if there is someone who is born with magic ability. We have a book that could search and record it by itself. And that’s why they could made those story.”

 

“ You want to say that the brothers are also a wizard? In that era there’s no wizard anymore. They are Germans and born in 1785.─“

 

“ Let me asked this to you Baek. What is a wizard?”

 

“ A male who can used magic.. right?”

“ So what are we? Aren’t we any different than those wizard?”

 

Baek went silent. Chen is right. If they lived in those era where Clive and the others live, they could be called a wizard too.

“ Baek. In the ‘Book Of Record’ it have the Brother’s Grimm name. That means they’re wizard.”

 

He sighs, He has no choice to accept his thought for now if he don’t want to keep arguing until dawn “ … Okay Chen. I accept that.. Just for now. Now tell me more about the twins”

Chen smiles, “ Aren’t you tired of listening my story?”

“ You mean ‘Our’ story right? Go on”

“ hahaha! Well then it’s almost over after all. Then the twins start to learn black magic by their own. But the older one is more capable in handling his power than the younger. Blane could controls any kind of black magic even the forbidden one like controlling the death (necromancer). Its not like the younger couldn’t learn it, he could but he didn’t want any of it. He only learn the nature magic like fire, water, wind, light and many more. And because of that they broke apart, each of them went to a different path of life. The first one who wants to be apart is the youngest, Trevor. Blane didn’t want to break apart but Trevor insist to and start the battle against his brother. Blane had no other choice but to fight, in the end if the two of them meet each other they would fight until one of them is down, not dead. Until now, it was passed down from generation to generation and somehow,  it was passed down differently, once their clan meet each other, they will start to kill each other in order to gain more power. And you know what Baek, we, EXO are Trevor’s generation and The Executor are Blane’s.”

 

 Baekhyun jawdrops,” WHAT?! WHAT THE─”

“NO SHOUTING KIDS!”  oh its that book keeper again.  “ S-Sorry mam!!” Chen wave at her. “ Yah keep your voice down will you?”

“ B-B-But! How could we─”

 

“Oi Chen what’s with the ruckuss?- Ah you tell him that story?” Xiumin come from nowhere and pats his dongsaeng’s hair. “ You must be very shocked about this”

“ O-ofcourse! I would never thought that we are one of their generation”

 

Suddenly Xiumin’s face changed, he glares at Chen “ Chen. Don’t tell me you tell him THAT?!”

Chen shrugs as he grins “ umm yes. I mean he will know about it later too right! So its not a big problem to tell him!”

Xiumin sighs and look at baekhyun, “ Baek can you promise us something?”

“ What is it?”

“  Don’t tell anyone about this. We still need to gather some info regarding this matter.”

 

“ B-But hyung.. aren’t all of that story written inside this book? I bet everyone has known about this..”

“Well yeah they know about this history since a hundred years ago but they still didn’t realize the meaning behind this history book. No one knows it better than us, because we found the hidden message that will change our fate and we’re not finished it yet, we need more research.”

“ H-How come no one realize it?”

“ Its simple. Because we love to read Baek. Just like you” Chen answers. “ We’re book freak, so we could see something is wrong with this history book.”

“So Baek what is your answer?”

Baekhyun smiles, “ I go with you guys!”

“ Great!”

 

Chen grabs the book and place it back to its place, Baek do the same with his book that he bring earlier. He looks at his phone and gasp, there are 10 messages and 21 missed call, and it’s already 6.27 PM time sure passed quickly. The problem now is Chanyeol who called him and he didn’t answer it so he calls back.

 

“Hello─”

“BAEK WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU?!!! OMG THANKS GOD HE IS STILL ALIVE OMGOMG” Baek moved away from the phone not wanting to be deaf, Chen looks at him and asks him what happen with a hand gestures. And he write the answer with his light magic.

 

‘Yeol called and I didn’t answer. He is mad’

 

Chen ow-ed him and gestured him to go outside together. Once they closed the door,

“Y-Yeol calm down. I─”

“ HOW CAN I CALMED DOWN WHEN YOU’RE MISSING???”

 

“Yeol I can expla─”

“ WHERE ARE YOU BAEK?! ARE YOU HURT?! OR SOMEONE─ OH MY GOD WHO IS IT?! I WILL BURN HIM─”

 

“ SHUT YOUR ING MOUTH FOR A WHILE WILL YOU YEOL?!!! YOU SHOULD HEAR WHAT YOUR HYUNG SAID GODDAMNIT!” Baekhyun’s yelling starled Chen and Xiumin, they suddenly become small [shrink like a mushroom].

 

Baekhyun hissed, he rustles his own hair, he never willing to yelled at the giant and now he feels guilty..

“ S-Sorry Baek.. I- I just..”

 

“ *sigh* No I should be the one to say that.. Sorry for yelling Yeol. I know you are worried about me. I’m still with Chen and Xiumin, where are you?”

“ Right now we are at the living room, the others are here too..”

 

“ Okay we will be on our way to go there. See you later.”

 

Baekhyun put his phone back into his pocket, “ So hyung we─” He turns around to see Chen and Xiumin are stiffened behind  him. “ umm guys?”

 

“ Err B-Baek.. W-We don’t know you could be angry like that..” Xiumin says. Baekhyun giggles “ Well sometimes I just couldn’t contain it when I talk with Yeol. He’s too stubborn to listen sometimes. Hahaha!”

.

 

.

Chanyeol put his phone back. Everyone looks at him, concerned. “how is it hyung?”

“  Well all this time he is with Chen and Xiumin.” Chanyeol sighs and leans his body to Sehun who sit beside him. "That's quite a good yelling Hyung.."

“ But I already cheek the library with Sehun and we couldn’t find anyone there..” says Jongin.

“ Oh its normal to not found them. I don’t know why but everytime Chen and Xiumin are inside the library, they would used their magic to make them invisible.” Just exactly what Yixing said.

 

A few minutes later Baekhyun comes in with Chen and Xiumin. “Guys~! Sorry to make you worried hahaha!” Chen laughs as Suho grabs his neck.

Baekhyun went straight to his giant, and sit next to him. “ I’m back Yeol..”

Chanyeol sighs and cares his head, “ Don’t make me worried again okay.” Baekhyun nodded as he smiles. He looks around wondering where did their hyung go.

“Hyung! where is the ancestor go?”

“ Ah they when to prepare something.. They will come back tomorrow.” Kris answers.

 

“ Guys now I want to talk to you guys about something.”

.

 

.

 

“ So we need to wait for them in order to open ‘it’?”

“ Yeah.. It’s the only way”

“ By the way hyung. You still haven’t tell us anything about ‘it’. So we’re kinda clueless here..” Sehun asks.

“ Hmm-“ he stops talking when he heard a knock on the door.

“ Excuse me, the dinner is ready. Why don’t you eat first?” It’s Eric.

 

Suho looks at the clock, ‘19.15’.

“ Let’s eat first shall we? I promise to tell you all of it after dinner. Deal?”

“ DEAL!! LETS GO AND EAT” Chen Grabs Xiumin and Baekhyun’s arm, “ Let’s go!!”  

“ Great! Finally we can eat” Tao excitedly went outside the room with Luhan and Yixing. Sehun and Jongin followed them, “ Hyung aren’t you gonna eat?” Jongin asks.

 

“ Hm? Ah yeah you can go first. Oh Yixing can you wait for a while here?”

Yixing stops, “ What is it?”

“ You guys can eat first and also You” Suho pointing at Kris. “ I will catch up later”

“ Why me too? I will st-“

“ Nope. They couldn’t eat if one of the leader aren’t there..”

“ But─”

“ Come on hyung..” Sehun cross his arm around Kris’ and drag him to the dining room.

 

“ Um.. What happened? Are you okay its fine to not listening to hi─”

“ Im not his slave Lay. It’s not like I should done everything he told me to do. And you’re my best friend. Its not like you’re gonna kill me or something”

Yixing laughs “ Hahahah! Okay okay. Hurry up and tell me what happened, Im hungry”

 

“ Can you check my leg for a bit? Its really hurts since this morning.” He shows him, his left-leg. “ It’s swollen. Where did you get this wound?” he used his healing power to cure it.

“ Maybe when that demon threw me to the ground yesterday─”

“WHAT?! YOU GOT WHAT?! I bet this is not your only wound Suho.” Suho just grins. Yixing closed his eyes, his mind is focusing on Suho’s sillouets, His power also give him the ability to see if a person got hurt or not and now he tried to see Suho’s. “ Yixing stop it.” Suho grabs his friend’s shoulder.

 

“ You won’t tell me so I tried to search it by myself.”

“ Its not really bad! A-And We could heal faster than normal people right?”

Yixing opens his eyes and moves his hand from Suho’s leg that already healed completely. He look at his friend “ You say it’s not bad? Are you kidding me Suho? Your body hitted the ground hardly and i could see your whole shoulder are swollen!! And I could bet it must be very hurt. So now opens your clothes, lay down there like a good boy and I will heal you.”

“ umm how about after dinner?”

“ Now”

“ Everyone is waiting─”

“ N.O.W”

 

Suho gulps and do what he said. He opens his clothes revealing many bruises on his back. Yixing slowly heal it all one by one.

“ You know what.. You’re kinda scary when you got angry”

“ Well everyone is like that aren’t they? And you too Suho.”

“ Hm? Me? I never get angry before”

“ Do you forget when we were still together and you saw me shopping with Luhan. You thought that I was cheating on you and got angry and you even almost drown me to dead with your waterballs─”

 

Suho buried his face on the pillows, hiding his bright red face. “ I could still see your red ears you know.” Suho uses both of his hands to hides his ear. “ Shut up Lay!”

“ Well I just telling the truth~ You really is scary when angry Suho.”

“ And its all in the past. I’m not getting angry for that kind of things anymore..”

“ Kris might be very lucky then.. At least he won’t be drown for no reason~” He teases Suho again.

 

“ Oh shut up, and you know the situation is kinda different..”

“ Hm? Different?”

“ Yeah.. It isn’t me who like to sulk anymore. But it Kris”

“ Pfft- Seriously? That duizhang likes to sulk??! HAHHAHHHAAH We’re in trouble then.”

“ Yeah so quickly heal my wounds and let get o─” He got cut off when the door opens and Kris comes in with a frown on his face. “ I thought what are you guys doing for taking to long time so okay. Sorry for interrupting.”

 

“WHA─ Kris wai─” He went outside and close the door, leaving the two again.

“…” Suho’s jawdrops, he never expected that, Kirs might really come.

“ umm.. We’re in trouble, I guess..”

“ We really are.” Suho grabs his shirt and went to the door, “ Yah I will go find him first, you go eat okay! Thanks for your medication, Im okay now!” he buttoning his shirt and went to search for Kris.

 

In that room Yixing sighs and rest his back on the sofa. “ Argh. You’re too pure Suho..” He looks at his hand, later he shakes his head, ‘ I shouldn’t think about it.. There’s nothing between us anymore..’ And he goes to the dining room to fill his empty stomach.

.

 

.

“Oh hyung! finally you come, where is Suho hyung?” Chanyeol grabs some chicken wing with his chopstick and shoves it into his mouth. Yixing says nothing and sits next to Luhan who is staring at him.

“Where have you been?— Eww you used your power? You smell like medic.” He scrunchs his nose.

He’s lowering his voice to not being over heard by the others.

 

“ Well I was tending Suho’s wound in that room and suddenly Kris came in and he arrgh you know what happened.”

Luhan spills his water on his shirt and coughs, “ Yah! I’m telling you this not to get a soup on my shirt!” Yixing protests as he takes a napkin and wipes it.

 

“ S-Sorry I was surprised to hear that. I mean it’s like a déjà vu huh? The victims also our leaders lol” Luhan laughs, “Stop it, Lu.. I can’t laugh right now. You should see kris’ face! He looks like he would kill you right away..”

 

“ Well so Suho is going after him right now?” Yixing nods. “ Well I guess we should let him handle the situation. He knows Kris better than us afterall. And here eat up!” Luhan puts many food to Yixing’s plate and because he’s very hungry he starts to eat.

 

Another few minutes passed still no sign of the leaders making the kids worried.

“ Hey do you think Suho hyung will come? Where the heck Kris hyung going?” Tao asks.

“ They won’t maybe─” Suddenlly someone opens the door, Suho comes in with a frown on his face, followed with Kris. They sit at the table’s end.

 

“Speak of the devil..” Chanyeol says as he got hit by Kyungsoo who sits between them.

“ Hyung where did you go? We thought you won’t come” Baekhyun asks

“ I was discussing some UNIMPORTANT matter with that guy” He deepen his tone on ‘unimportant’ and pointing at Kris who didn’t even look at him.

 

Yixing gulps ‘ I’m dead’

‘ Oh no way. That’s not gonna be happening Xing.’

‘ Yah don’t read people mind as you wish.’

‘ Well sorry.’

 

Luhan used his telepathy to communicate with Suho. ‘Yah Suho I heard the things from Xing. How is it going?’

Suho let out a deep sighs as he stabs the chicken with his silverware, ‘Bad. He didn’t believe me, I guess. This is why I hate sulky guy’

‘Well you used to be the one’

 

Suho glared at him while his fork keep stabbing the poor chicken on his plate.

‘ Err  s-sorry to offend you’

 

Baekhyun gulps at the sudden awkward aura since their leader arrives and looking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter