First Day

Cat and Mouse

 

Ha Ni walks to the campus, being fully aware of her surroundings, hoping and praying that Ok Taecyeon won’t just magically appear in front of her right now and call her by some cheesy names just because he won a bet to date her for a whole week. She’s kind of glad that up until her locker, Taecyeon didn’t appear and did something that could ruin her whole day. After Jay went home, he texted that if Ha Ni treated Taecyeon badly, their date would just extend for another day, until it completes 7 days of nice Ha Ni.

 

“Good morning princess! Let me take that, and let’s go have breakfast together!” Ha Ni was surprised when someone take her book and suddenly hold her hands. Taecyeon really does magically appear right next to her and pretends to be her boyfriend. He doesn’t even care about the eyes watching them when he supposed to care. He’s a celebrity and she’s not, she’s not used to people watching her.

 

“So you have English class today, right? What do you want to eat?” She refused to answer but when she think back that if she treats him coldly, her days will just be extended, she told him that she wants to eat toast. He told her to grab seats for them and he’ll come back with their breakfast. Ha Ni carefully walks to an empty table with books in her hand.

 

“Don’t you have any schedule to attend?” Ha Ni asks out of annoyance but pretend to be asking it out of care.

 

“Well I’m in the middle of a break. Jay is promoting right now, right? Our company won’t let our schedule clash, so I have a lot of free time, why not use it by attending class, right?” Taecyeon said while eating the food in front of him. Ha Ni look at him with amusement, he eats his food as if he had been starving for ten years.

 

“You’re not eating?” Taecyeon asks.

 

“No, I’m just taking my time eating my food.” Ha Ni said and starts eating her breakfast. It’s really awkward right now with people keep on pointing at them and whispering about them while Taecyeon is just sitting in front of Ha Ni eating his food happily.

 

“What are you so happy about?” Ha Ni asks.

 

“Well, for a start, going to class is a happy thing, eating is a happy thing and being with you to get to know you better is a happy thing too!” Taecyeon said putting the silly grin on his face. Ha Ni look at him with ‘what the hell’ planted on her face.

 

“Why are you so interested in getting to know me?”

 

“I don’t know. If you ask me that question, today’s date will be cancelled to another day.” Taecyeon said.

 

“Wait, why?” Ha Ni asks surprised.

 

“Because I don’t like questions that I don’t know the answers to. And did Jay told you that if you make me feel bad for a date, I’ll postpone the date to another day until it finishes 7 day, and even if the day is ruined, you still have to date me for the whole day.” Taecyeon said. Ha Ni is taken aback by this statement, even though it’s said confusingly but she understand what it means. If Ha Ni ruin a day, for example today by asking that question, Taecyeon still can date her for the whole day but at the same time postponing the date.

 

“Wait, consider today’s date cancelled. Let me correct the bet, ok? Cancel the stupid rewards with Jay, he was stupid to just agree with you. I can’t go on with what you just said. You can’t just easily cancel a day while still dating me just because you want to keep dating me. I’m not that stupid! Once a date is cancelled, you won’t be able to date me for the whole day after it is cancelled. That’s all the amendments I’m making to whatever bet you made with Jay, and if you don’t want to follow through with it, you can sue Jay for it.” Ha Ni said cleverly. She’s not a scholarship student for nothing.

 

“Ok! I’ll agree to the rules. But today’s date is not cancelled, it’s still on.” Taecyeon said to Ha Ni. Ha Ni just look at him and let out a big sigh, not able to say anything to him anymore.

 

“It would be really nice if you treat me like a boyfriend. That would make things easier. So that I won’t easily postpone the date again.” Taecyeon said. Ha Ni curse in her head but agree to it. The faster the date ends, the easier it is for her to focus on her writings.

 

Taecyeon and Ha Ni spend their whole day being in the university. They didn’t go out for lunch, or went out to do other things. Taecyeon told Ha Ni that he always wants to know what it feels like being a campus couple. Even though their date is not announced as it’s only a bet and won’t last long, but Taecyeon spend his whole day with Ha Ni pretending to be a couple.

 

Ha Ni does find Taecyeon amusing, because she always thought that celebrities use their work as an excuse to not attend class but Taecyeon is very interested in going to class, he arrive early and he leaves the class later than other students. He really does sincerely look happy just by attending class.

 

“Why are you so happy to attend classes? Usually, everyone is tired about attending classes, celebrities have excuses not to attend their class, but you use your free time to attend class.” Ha Ni ask while walking to an empty table for their lunch. It’s also quite amusing for her that no one is taking picture of them to post on the internet or the fact that no one is coming to ask autograph from him, except for juniors who just enters the university.

 

“I don’t know any of those celebrities that uses their schedule as an excuse not to attend class, because in my circle of friends, we all love attending class. University and classes are like a break into reality. We attend class to feel normal again.” Taecyeon said. Ha Ni smile to herself, thinking how similar his answer is with Jay.

 

“Are you still that close with Jay?” Ha Ni ask again, doesn’t even care about the fact that Taecyeon is eating in front of her.

 

“Of course!” Taecyeon stop his words when he almost choke while answering her. He stuffed his mouth with too much food that he ended up choking on it.

 

“Ok fine, don’t talk. Just eat to your heart content!” Ha Ni said handing him a tissue and starts eating. Taecyeon just smile at Ha Ni and continue eating. After Taecyeon finish eating, he just sits in front of Ha Ni and observes how Ha Ni eats amusingly. It’s quite amusing for him to see Ha Ni eats slowly. It doesn’t look weird or anything, he just finds it very beautiful.

 

“I’m done!”

“But you haven’t finish”

“I can’t finish by the way you stare at me like that. It’s uncomfortable.”

 

“Are you sure? Because we’re going out after this. You don’t have any class after this, right?” Taecyeon ask packing his bag and stands up. Ha Ni just shook her head and stand up. Taecyeon suddenly hold her hand and drag her with him to his car. Taecyeon open the passenger seat door for Ha Ni and she just follows his orders. It’s not that she can easily trust people but because he’s Jay’s friend and Jay won’t easily let Ha Ni go out with any man. So he trusts Jay, not Taecyeon.

 

“Where are we going?” Ha Ni asks.

 

“Well, I’m bringing you to this beautiful garden café. I want to introduce you to my friends,” Taecyeon said.

 

“Wait, isn’t this date only for a week? You’re introducing me to your friends as if I’m your permanent girlfriend!” Ha Ni said panic.

 

“Ah maybe you don’t know Ok Taecyeon that well. I am someone who will introduce the woman I’m interested in to my friends before really pursuing her. At least I’m dating you for a week, instead of just introducing you without any real connection with you.” Taecyeon said trying to make a point even though he doesn’t. To Ha Ni, this is not how it’s supposed to be. They are not in a serious relationship, she find it useless for him to introduce her to his friends.

 

“It’s not useless, in fact it is really useful. One day, you’ll fall for me.” Taecyeon said as if he’s reading her mind.

 

“Whatever Ok Taecyeon!” Ha Ni said.