Jay

Cat and Mouse

 

[ALL CONVERSATION ARE IN ENGLISH]

 

“Slow down your horses, don’t get too excited, let him finish what he wants to say.” Jessica said to Tiffany. Tiffany nods her head but her face still remains excited.

 

“Ok there’s this girl in my school who says bad thing about our debut song. It’s not that I don’t know the song is a bad song to be sung to girls but I don’t know I suddenly got fired up when she used it for her speech on respecting women. So, after her speech, I asked things, childish things really and she answered it calmly and professionally. Afterwards I find myself following her through the school and finding out more about her. I become somewhat a stalker, and I don’t even know why.” I said and take a sip of the cold water in front of me. I can’t drink any alcohol today because I came here by my car.

 

“I went to the café shop where she works, she told me she knows no one in our group besides Jay. But the thing is when she say Jay’s name, she sounds angry. She wouldn’t be angry if she’s not a fan, right? Oh and she’s in the same university with me, where Jay used to go as well.” I said. Jessica nods her head knowing her purpose coming with Tiffany.

 

“You sound like you’re into this girl, but you’re going to deny it.” Tiffany said before I even got the chance to deny it. I wanted to defend myself when Jessica gave me her phone, she already dialed Jay’s number.

 

Actually Jessica is here because she’s the only one among her group members that have Jay’s Seattle number. None of our members can call him because our bills are being paid by the company and they monitor each number that we called. Of course I have my own number but I don’t have his number. If our company suddenly found my private phone, it would be dangerous.

 

“Hello?” I can hear his voice. We contacted each other when we have time, not like how we said in every interview that we didn’t contact each other at all.

 

“Jay, it’s me Taec. What’s up bro?” I said to Jay out of courtesy. It would be rude for me to suddenly jump in and ask him about Ha Ni.

 

“Yes I figured that out already. So why’d you call? Anything?” Yeah smooth, keep on seeing through me and see that I’m calling for a reason, and not just to ask how you’re doing.

 

“Jay, I’m going to just ask you something.”

 

“Shoot!” he said asking me to just ask him already.

 

“Do you know anyone in our university called Lee Ha Ni?” I ask Jay. He was quiet for a while, might be thinking about it.

 

“We almost dated. ALMOST. Why?” Jay asks curiously. ALMOST DATED? That means they used to have nice feelings for each other?

 

“What do you mean by almost?”

 

“Well, we dated for like a week but broke up because we feel that our relationship won’t bring us anywhere, and we’re more comfortable as a friend than as a lover. We’re really close, and I guess it was because people said we look good together because we care for each other a lot. She’s younger than me, so I treat her as a younger sister. Why?” Jay said to me. But what should I answer him?

 

“Are you still in contact with her? Do you know that she made a speech about women’s respect and use our debut song as an example of a song that disrespects women?” I ask, and I think I sound childish. The fact that all of our members, all seven of us agree that the song disrespects women but I’m saying this as if I find her guilty of her actions.

 

“Yes, we contact each other through facebook all the time. I know about her speech and I know about her opinion about the song too. What’s up with you Taec, you’re suddenly interested in Ha Ni. What’s wrong?” He asks me. Can someone actually stop with the question of ‘what’s wrong’ every time I talk about Ha Ni? I don’t mind answering, it’s just that they will keep on asking and give stupid assumptions when I don’t give the answers they want.

 

“She knows you but she doesn’t know our group? She said she’s not interested in our group at all and prefer 2AM. She dated you for a week and is close to you, how is it possible that she doesn’t know me?” I ask again. I really think I sound childish. I can see Tiffany and Jessica staring at me while I talk to Jay.

 

“She met Kwon, Jinwoon and Changmin before. She knows I’m a 2PM member but she doesn’t know other members. She prefer ballad than pop. I talked about you all before but I guess she doesn’t remember your names. What’s up man, just tell me!” Jay said explaining as if he just did something bad.

 

“How did they meet? And how come she didn’t meet Seulong as well? She said she likes Seulong the most.” I ask again, not even once answering Jay’s question.

 

“Well, when we were dating near the company, getting smoothies, the three came down and talked to us. I don’t think Seulong is her favorite member, maybe she’s just interested in knowing him because he’s the only member she haven’t met yet. She said among the three she met, she likes Changmin the most. He is friendly. CAN YOU JUST ANSWER ME WHAT’S WRONG?” Jay starts shouting. I guess Jay really knows her that well, he knows every single thing about her. I shouldn’t have gone through all the trouble asking her classmates if I know Jay knows her this well. Well, that’s the point, I didn’t know.

 

“After her speech, I just want to know more about her and I don’t know why. It’s not love if you’re going to say it is. Each of us agree that our debut song disrespect women, but something about her speech makes me feel like she’s wrong to voice it out. I don’t know, it’s just something.” I said to Jay.

 

“I think Tiffany got the answer for that. But yeah, you’re in denying state, you’ll go crazy when you find out what everyone is saying is the truth.” Jay said and hung out after we said our goodbye. After that he sent a text to Jessica that is actually for me,

“Ha Ni is a nice girl, do not take advantage of her. Treat her nicely”, why won’t they believe it when I say I do not like her?

 

“You’re in denying stage, trust him, trust me too. People won’t just become interested in something for no reason.” Tiffany said to me. These people are out of their mind!! 

=======================================================

So how's the story so far? 

I really hope more people will subscribe. hehehe

I like this story a lot lol 

Thank you for reading, don't forget to comment and subscribe