Jealous

Cat and Mouse

 

I drive my car towards the parking lot and park my car at the empty space. The trick about the university is, if you want an empty spot to park your car, you need to come early in the morning. I take my light beg with my hand and walk towards the cafeteria, eager to eat my breakfast as I’ve promised to meet Ha Ni at the cafeteria for breakfast. She has a class in the morning so she told me that I can eat without her and she’ll come right away after her class ended. Somehow I find myself growing closer to her after our first date. Maybe because we’ve solve the misunderstanding between us. She probably figured out that I’m not some kind of snobbish super star and I found out that she doesn’t hate us at all. She just hates our song.

 

Jay told me before that Ha Ni really like writing and that her dream is to be a writer. She’s not interested in taking journalism though to me it is writing as well. She wants to be a novel or script writer but she’s taking communication and media as her major. I don’t know much about her course but as I know, there’s no script writing in her course.

 

“Is it delicious?” I choke on my food when Ha Ni sits in front of me. I’m a big eater, I plan on eating first and then clear it up and then pretends like I’m doing something else when Ha Ni comes and order food again. I didn’t know Ha Ni would come out this early.

 

“Are you ok?” Ha Ni smiles at me as she hands me a bottle of water. If this is her bottle, that means she have drink it and if I drink it directly from the bottle, it will be an indirect kiss. But if I do that, I’ll be somehow an unhygienic person. Wait, why am I thinking about this? We haven’t even date for a week yet.

 

“Drink it before you choke yourself to death!” Ha Ni said to me again. I took the bottle from her and pour the water into the empty cup I took earlier before she arrived.

 

“Why are you out so early? I thought you said your class will end at 11?” I ask Ha Ni. Ha Ni keep on smiling to me the whole time and watching her smile makes it hard for me to hear anything she said.

 

“The lecturer came in to give us our assignments, and then he said class is over. I guess he’s busy today. I’m gonna get something to eat, do you want anything else?” Ha Ni asks putting down her bag. I shook my head and continue eating my first meal for breakfast.

 

I had been in a lot of relationship but this kind of feeling is very new to me. I never really feel this before, this, how am I to say this, what word is the right word to explain my feelings when I see Ha Ni? Addiction? Am I addicted to Ha Ni? That sounds really weird but if it’s not addiction, what is it?

 

“LOVE IS IN THE AIR! LOVE!! LOVE!!” I read the text message from Nichkhun that just arrived and look around to see if he’s anywhere near me to know what I’m thinking right now to be able to send a text message in response to the thing I’m thinking in my head right now.

 

“Stop sending stupid messages to me! Send something that make sense!” I replied to Nichkhun.

 

“It does make sense. I need to remind you for a lot of time that you’re in love for you to know that you’re really in love with someone at the moment,” Nickhun replied to me is not helping at all. Is this really love? If this is love, then what was the feeling I had with my past relationship? Was those relationship not based on love at all?

 

“Jay said you’re a big eater, you don’t have to show mannerism to me, you can go and buy more food if you want to,” Ha Ni said to me right when she arrived at our table. Jay is supposed to help me but he’s ruining my image a lot but since she said so, I’ll go and buy more food now.

 

When I reached the table after buying food for me to eat, I see that Ha Ni hasn’t eaten anything yet. She smiles at me and starts eating when I start eating. Every single thing that she does makes me like her personality more. Maybe because she grows up in a small town, she is full with manners.

 

“So is today considered as a date?” Ha Ni asks.

 

“I haven’t thought about it yet because I have a lot of classes to attend today. What about you? How many classes do you have today?” I ask Ha Ni.

 

“Just one, and since that class is over, I can go home to help my mother with her café.” Ha Ni said.

 

“Can today not be a date? We’re just simply eating breakfast together? I can’t go out today because I really want to attend my class after being absent for so long.” I said to Ha Ni, kind of begging to her. She smiled at me and nods her head.

 

“You can come to the café later if you want. Jay will be there too,” Ha Ni said. She keeps on smiling to me, so different from the day we first met.

 

“I can’t be at the same place where Jay is at. If people ever see us in the same place, we’ll be all over the news and I think I’ll get into trouble from my company. Unless… unless you hide him in a room anywhere at your café, then I can go there,” I said to Ha Ni jokingly.

 

“Jay told me about it too. He’ll be in my room because he wants a place to rest, so you don’t have to worry about it. If you want to meet Jay, you can meet Jay in the guest room, Jay knows where it is, but if you want to just hang around, you can just sit at the café.” Ha Ni said to me and the smile just automatically leaves my face. What does she mean by Jay hanging around in her room?

 

“Jay in your room?” I ask.

 

“He’s been to my home for a lot of time, so he hang out in my room a lot but if I’m in the room, he’ll be in the guest room. My mother considered him as her son,” I didn’t know they were ‘this’ close. How am I to survive dating her when she mention Jay’s name like every single time. Yes, Jay is a friend but I’m a man too, how can I not be jealous of Jay Park’s name that comes out a lot from the girl I’m dating? Even if it’s a week…