Women

Cat and Mouse

 

[Taec Yeon’s P.O.V]

 

I took my seat in the English class. I’m not really in this class but since I actually need a place to sleep, I better sleep in a class I’m not in, at least no one can scold me. The manager won’t arrive any soon anyway since I didn’t tell him that my class was cancelled. It’s really easy to sleep in this class actually, because besides the student presenting their slide, everyone keeps quiet, maybe because it’s English class. If not, usually everyone have a point to say and object.

 

I didn’t really sleep tightly as I was able to hear the things they said too while I sleep. The lecturer is very close to me, so she let me stay for a while. Some of the students have really bad English; I can’t even understand a single thing they said. I open my eyes and look ahead when I hear 10 points out of 10 being played. What is the title of the presentation and who is presenting? I look ahead and see a girl, and her pronunciation is really good as well. Is she a fan? What topic is she doing? I suddenly become interested.

 

The song stop playing and she start talking. She introduces herself as Lee Ha Ni, and she’s 21 years old, so this must be her last year. She asks everyone in the room to pay attention to her presentation and told her classmate to keep their cell phone in their bag or pocket. Oh, she’s good!

 

“Thank you for your cooperation everyone. Continuing with my topic, I’m going to present on women’s right. As a woman myself, the song that I just present is…” wah is she going to say that our song is protecting women’s right and respecting them?

 

“…is the very best example of disrespecting women.” The class becomes chaotic, it’s a class full with last year students, some of them are my friends as well, some of them are our group fans. She must have hurt their feelings, but there are some who cheer her as they agree with her. Just wait for it Lee Ha Ni, I’ll be attacking you with questions later.

 

“The lyrics of the song is presenting that women are nothing but a tool for desire for men. The song didn’t appreciate women, but it disrespect women. It describes a woman with a perfect body, but nothing about appreciating us.” She goes on with her speech, I listen to it all but I feel like my ear is burning from what I hear. After she finishes her speech, I can see some people clapping their hand, they shouldn’t do that if they can’t really understand what she said. They have really bad English. This girl gets good review from the lecturer, because of her English and her topic, I know Miss Kim, she likes topic that defends women’s right.

 

“Are you saying that the song is disrespecting women because you can’t be like what the lyric is describing?” I laugh after my question but her face remains calm all the while.

 

“I’m sorry but can you at least say your name for me to answer your question?” She asks me. My name, I can’t use my name! Let’s use Junsu’s name.

 

“My name is Lee Junsu.”

 

“Mr. Lee, it’s not about whether I can be as perfect as the women in the lyrics but the lyric itself is an insult to women. Even if someone have a body like that, for a women to hear ‘praises’ like that from a men, trust me, they’ll dump you the next second after hearing you sing that song.” She said. The other girls in the class clap their hands agreeing with her.

 

“Miss Lee, do you know that 2PM is right now a very famous group in South Korea. If girls are to dump their boyfriend right after hearing the song, how do you think 2PM got the popularity they have right now? Shouldn’t people leave them after hearing the song?” I look around to see who’s asking that question but I can’t recognize her. She’s wearing a cap and sunglasses and is walking near my seat.

 

“As far as I know, 2PM wasn’t a famous group when they come out with this song. The fans they have are as a result of them appearing in Hot Blood and also because they had been famous even before they debut. I’ve done my research and they only become popular after they released their single, ‘Again and Again’. They are celebrities, fans won’t leave them because a song. Comparing idols who sing the song with no sincerity with a boyfriend who sings the song to a girlfriend, it’s a very big difference.” She said confidently. Honestly, she is not the first person to say that the song is a very bad song to give to a girl but I become mad after hearing that it’s disrespecting women.

 

“What do you really know about the singing career for you to say that they sang it with no sincerity?” The girl in the cap asks again. She took a sit next to me and I can already see who she is. How is it that she’s here?

 

“If they sincerely sing it to women, then I guess all of their fans have to be sad about it. For a woman to hear that their body is just like watching , do you like hearing it? Miss, you’re a women, it’s up to you.” Lee Ha Ni said and ends her presentation as no one have anymore question.

 

“What are you doing here?” I ask the girl in the cap.

 

“Your manager took me here when I say I wanna see you. Why are you sleeping here, your class was cancelled.”

 

“We’ve broke up for three months. You cheated on me, remember? So, stop following me!” I told her and leave the class when I see Lee Ha Ni leaving the class. I don’t know why but I have the urge to follow her.

 

“Taecyeon, I’m sorry for what I did. Forgive me please!” my ex-girlfriend, Kim Ji Yeon said to me.

 

“Stop following me! You are not even an artist, or an ulzzang, so stop pretending to be one .I knew you were using me for your popularity, so just stop!” I said to her while my feet still follows Lee Ha Ni. I don’t know why I’m following her but after hearing her speech, it feels like I’m being pulled by an invisible rope to her.

 

“Taecyeon…”

 

“I say stop! Don’t make me hate you, cause if I do, I’ll post it on cyworld and let a witch hunt begin on you!” I said to her and she just stood there and I keep on following Ha Ni. Lee Ha Ni, I’ve never seen her before, it’s either because she’s living under a rock all these while or it’s just because I’m rarely in school?

 

Lee Ha Ni, are you a fan of us? Or are you an anti fan? I don’t think you’re an anti-fan because you look really nice to be one. Who are you?

===============================================================

Thank you for reading  

Don't forget to comment :)