~I am Still Here~

A Nobody That is Somebody…

~I am Still Here~

(Ji-eun POV)

          WAKING up every day is just boring, it is the same as usually. Waking up at 6:45, take a shower, get in my uniform, get my face ready by putting lotion on my face and very little make-up. Then I bush my hair down and put my fake glasses on. I start to pack my bag and turn on the TV in my room on the morning news they are talking about a new solo artist that left everyone stunned with her powerful voice.

 

***The MC on the TV***

“She might be the next big hit in K-POP and she is just 17 years old, so young.”

“If you do not know who we are talking about…”

The next MC butts in

“We are talking about IU, SARANGHAE IU!!!!”

 

          I blushed at the thought of the MC saying saranghae to IU. I finished packing my bag and make sure I have all my work and music sheets in my bag. I look into the mirror to make sure I look fine, but I look the same as ever. My medium long hair and bang in my face my skirt was near my knees.

 

“I look fine there is no one to impress.” I thought

“JI-EUN hurry up or you’re doing to be late!” my mom shouted

 

I look at the clock and it was 7:10 I was going to be late. I ran upstairs almost slipping on the stairs. I rushed to the kitchen and ate an egg and ran out the door with toast in my mouth. I kissed my mom good-bye and got my shoes on and grabbed my guitar case. I started to walk to school it was 7:20 and it would take me about 10 minutes to get to school. Even though school doesn’t start until 8:30 I like to be early to practice without anyone listening to my real voice. Also I don’t want people to notice my voice and recognize it I don’t like the attention I can receive if they KNEW.

 

AT SCHOOL there was barely anyone there and no one notices me as usually I go to my locker and grab the books I didn’t have with me and need for the first few classes. I go to the music room and take out my guitar and start practicing I start off with the song Mia by the new singer IU. After practicing for about 45 minutes I start to pack my things and head to first period which is song writing. I enter the room and no one seems to notice me.

“Well this is not different, since no one can seem to notice me.” I thought in my head.

As the rest of the class walks in the room no one says hi or greets me since they can never see me if I don’t talk. Then our teacher entered the room we said out greeting and sat back down. He started attendance by the time he said my name I said here everyone beside me flinched they since did not notice me and freaked out a little but I’m used to it. Mr. Choi is one of the few teachers that actually can see me, which makes me happy and he is one of my favorite teachers.

 

***After First Period 15 minute break***

“OMG, did you see Junsu, Nichkhun, Taecyeon, Junho, Chansung, and WOOYOUNG they look as good as every guy around here!” A girl exclaiming in front of her friends. If I remember correctly her name is Taeyeon and the girls around her were Yoona, Yuri, and Jessica.

“I wonder where the rest of them were, oh yeah they're in different classes” I thought.

“Omo…did you see the performance on the music banks of that new solo singer IU, she is so pretty and thin, and her voice is so….it’s so… I can't even grasp any words to use to describe it.” Jessica says

“You’re right she is really talented and pretty.”

This time it was a male voice I look to see who is was. Argh! It was Wooyoung….Jang Wooyoung, with his group of friends 2PM. After they started to talk about IU everyone in the room seems to be talking about her, I blush at the thought of them talking about her.

“Pshh its so funny but embarrassing they are talking about IU when she is right in front of them.” I thought.

Oh by the way my name is Lee Ji-eun, and did I ever tell you I am IU……