The Gift

"KEY BABY"

Jiyeon’s POV

 

At last!

The classes are over for the day. I have to go hurry up to Key oppa’s class. I have to give him my special birthday present!

You see, I was not able to give it to him since I have to watch our store that day because my mom had to take a day off and appointed me to watch the store for a while. Since I know that she really needs that day’s rest I happily complied. 

It gave me time to prepare my special birthday gift for him. He is so gonna love it. I just know so.

I have to make a quick trip to my locker first where I have left my present and then go find Key oppa. When I reached my locker, I dialled the right combination and to my surprise, I saw my favourite lollipop on top of the box of my gift.

I wonder who put it in there. Oh raspberry flavour! I love them. I unwrapped it and popped it inside my mouth then took my gift box and shut the locker door close.

I ran towards Key oppa’s classroom, hoping that his class has run over time and when I saw that the students are already starting to leave, I doubled my effort and ran full speed ahead.

‘Please let him still be there. Please let him still be there. Please let him still be there.’ I chanted silently when somebody halted me in my haste.

“Oh, Taemin!” I exclaimed with surprise as I looked up and saw whose hands restrained me.

“Why are you in a hurry?” He inquired, tucking several strands of hair behind my ears.

“I have to give something to Key oppa. Have you seen him?”  I panted as I asked him, craning my neck towards Key oppa’s room.

“Oh, I just saw him get out of his classroom. He said he has to check something in the library for some home reading.”  He informed me.

With that knowledge, I grabbed his hand and ran towards that direction with Taemin in tow, clumsily manoeuvring our way out of the rushing body of students towards the direction of the library.

“Let’s hurry up!”  I shouted, he took the lead then, using his body as he shielded me away from banging straight on to anyone else.

When we reached the library, we were both gasping for air. I held on to his arms for support while trying to catch my breath.

“We’re here.” He said panting quickly. He wiped small beads of sweat off his forehead as he looked around the library.

“What section will he be in?”  I asked, turning my head this way and that to try and catch sight of that figure so clearly imprinted in my mind.

“I think the sciences.” He replied.

“Well that’s on the third floor and we’re in the second.” I realised and proceeded to the stairs.

I looked on top of the stair’s landing since you can see the study area more visibly from that vantage point than when you are down.

I searched for that familiar head and then I saw him, right behind the first raw of tables on the right side. I jumped in excitement and tried getting his attention.

“Key oppa!” I gave a slightly louder call than what is appropriate inside the library while waving my arms up in the air, not caring if the librarian was going to drag me out of the library thinking I'm a lunatic.

When his heard turned towards my direction, I gave an excited jump, not realizing that I was on the edge of the step.

And then it happened.

I felt my shoes missing the step and just like in a slow motion movie, I saw myself slipping, missing it completely and my body going down as my hits the steps with me bouncing the whole flight way down below, my arms flapping in the air but held onto the gift, making sure that it would not slip my grip.

When I finally reached the end of the stairs, my whole body ached like hell but at least my gift is safe and sound clutched between my hands.

I stood up and looked at where I’ve last seen Key oppa.

There he was, standing with a book on his hands and his mouth gaping at me.

It was then that I realized that the whole floor was in total silence and all the students were looking at me with the same gape reactions plastered on their faces.

My face started to burn as I took a look at the faces. Brushing the dust off my jeans, I took up three steps up back in the stairs and bowed at everybody.

I heard applause from the third floor landing and I saw Taemin clapping then the whole room followed suit. I continued with my bows and when the clapping and cheering still continued, I waved my hands just like a beauty queen and smiled.

I felt a hand supporting me on my waist and I was thankful for that. I knew for sure that I wouldn’t be able to walk properly what with my whole body aching terribly from the fall.

“Thank you!” I mumbled to Taemin, keeping the smile plastered on my face while waving at the people around us. If not for Taemin’s support, I would have wished the ground to open up and swallow me up. I wouldn’t have been able withstand the humiliation.

“It was nothing. You did marvellously in that situation.” He mumbled back to my ears and made our way towards where Key oppa was stil standing dumbstruck.

I happily gave him my present and he smiled as he took it.

"Are you alright?" Key oppa frowned a little as he looked me up and down.

"Yep!" I nodded. I didn't want him to be worried about me.

“You held on to this box while you were falling instead of letting it go and preventing your fall.” He said gratefully.

“It’s my late birthday gift for you." I replied shyly as I lowered my head.

He lifted my head up and kissed me on the cheeks. “Thank you Jiyeon!” was his reply. He smiled and took a chair for me to sit down, flopping himself up beside me.

He quickly opened my gift with his eyes glinting with excitement. But he didn't see the perfect strawberry cake I made. Instead, he saw an upturned strawberry cake inside the box.

Completely ruined! I lowered my head again. Stupid me! Clumsy me! Why did I have to jump?! If I didn't, the cake would still be perfect for him!

To my pleasant surprise, he scooped a portion of the cake and put it in his mouth with his eyes close.

“Mmm, delicious!”  Was all he said as he finished the cake off slowly.

I smiled with happiness.

Today is the greatest day of my life!

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

*kolmilyo's rambling

So, after so much thought, I finally was able to put up a chapter in this my contribution to my partner "snow_husky".

I'm still getting the hang of this so I hope you'll give me a chance.

Continue to subscribe and comment as it's our life line.

We'll both do our best to write a good story.

Kamsa!