All I need is my 'Clock'

Clock

 


 

Jungguk's POV

 

I was lying on my bed and doing one of the most interesting thing the world had to offer: staring at the magnificent white ceiling. Just remaining frozen and admiring the immaculate surface. Indeed it is absorbing~

 

As If! That might be what I truly wished for the action to be, but that was definitely not the case. In reality observing the ceiling proves to be everything else but entertaining and thus the only genuinely word that could describe my current predicament was: Boredom. Yes the notorious word that everyone despised and wanted to ostracize from the world. However that single expression seemed to be oblivious to the environment and thinks us human beings love it as much as it loves us. Always present the moment you have nothing to do and jarring on the nerves.

 

Unfortunately today I let my guard down and therefore it invited itself into my private space to unconsciously annoy me senseless. I tried listening to some music in attempt of signaling it that he wasn't welcomed but due to the gotten obsolete songs that played way to often for my liking, I failed. Not finding anything entertaining in my house, that was at the moment only occupied by me, I ended up in the pathetic situation which revolved around staring at a lifeless thing – the ceiling.

 

On account of Yun Hee moving to her aunt, the option of me just climbing over to her room to run away from boredom was crossed out. Usually when I found myself in this disliked position I would always jump into her room to take my personal remedy against tediousness. It would normally include us fooling around and talking about senseless stuff that was of no big interest.

 

Looking out my window into the dark room opposite from mine, forced a long sigh to escape from my mouth. Even though it hasn't been that long since she moved away, I already missed the old customs longingly.

I missed standing by the window and talking with her. I missed capturing her form whenever she walked by her window and the smiles she would always show me whenever she detected me. Altogether I missed her whole being...

 

Feeling the need to see her and truly not wanting to waste any more precious time of my life just lying around and staring at the interesting ceiling, I grabbed my cellphone that laid motionless on my nightstand. Quickly dialing my girlfriend's number, which I obviously was able to invoke without much difficult, I zealously pushed the green button that would connect me to Yun Hee's device. I didn't had to wait long as after ringing for four time she picked up.

 

Hello Cookie.”

Hello.”

Is something the matter?”

I'm bored. Can I come over?”

 

There was a short silence before she answered cheerfully and if I was not mistaken, with the slight undertone of relief. “Sure. I was getting bored as well. See you later then.”

 

After returning her “See you.” I flung my legs over the edge of the bed to stand up. Shuddering at the loud crack my bones gave away due to my idling activity, I made a mental note to never waste my time that way again. 

Being aware of the moderately chilliness, I grabbed my vest which was slung over my chair. While walking down the stairs I swathed my body with the cloth and was pleased to have found protection against the vicious coldness. Once standing by the shoe racks, I slipped on my sneakers before I grasped for the bundle of keys. I opened the front door and made sure to lock it before going to meet Yun Hee.

 

Walking for 10 minutes, what felt like 30 minutes to me due to the harsh wind that whipped in my face, I finally reached the multistory building. Hurriedly to escape the unpleasant nature I tread into the building and the moment I was hit with warmth, I sighed in relaxation.

It didn't take long to get the right apartment and the second I did, I rang the bell. I heard some shuffling and not long after the door opened to reveal a smiling Yun Hee.

 

After greeting each other, what just included 'Hi', we went into her living room. The minute we entered the space she ran over the spacious couch before flopping herself down. Seeing me standing by the door frame, she instructed me to come over and join her. Not having a reason to object her request, I went over and sat down beside her. At once she reached for my hand before wrapping her own around it.

She must have felt the coldness they emitted because I saw a slight frown on her pretty face and before I could pull away to spare her from the iciness, she already started rubbing her hands against mine in attempt of transfering some of her warmth to me.

 

I just sat there silently and enjoyed the skin contact, that felt more than pleasant to me. However after a few minutes she stopped her action and instead looked up to face me. The moment I saw her smirking at me, I felt a minor alarm going off in my brain.

 

You were late yesterday.”

 

Realizing that she was teasing me with the incident that occurred the day before, I felt blood accumulating around my cheeks. Just remembering all the tease I got from my friends, let me wish for nothing more but to erase the whole memory from everyone's mind.

 

It's not my fault that I was late. Your malfunctioning clock, that didn't ring, is the one to blame.”

Sure it is.”

 

She was still smirking at me and had an omniscient look in her eyes. Right there did I ask myself where my angelic girlfriend went....

 

I avoided her eyes and instead stared at the black display of her big TV. Alright I will confess. Actually the clock did ring yesterday. But not being inured to being woken up by a device, I just turned it off and waited for Yun Hee to do the job. I can doom myself as lucky, that my mother realized that her son was still in dreamland and made it her task to rip him out of it. If not I was sure I would have slept in until noon.

 

It's your fault I was late too.”

 

Even though I said with a fake angry tone, the grin on her face still didn't decrease.

 

Now you are blaming me?”

Yes. If my clock didn't move away I wouldn't have had to rely on a unreliable alarm, that fails to wake me up punctually.”

 

She just laughed at me and didn't try to argue any further. Seeing her laughing unheedingly made me smile genuinely and a feeling of fulfillment settling in my heart. I loved seeing her being carefree and I would do everything to assure her happiness daily.

 

Like usual we just talked about anything that appeared in our minds, but unfortunately today the topics ran out rather quick. Not knowing what to converse over anymore, we just sat there watching some uninteresting dramas that were to cliché in my opinion. Marking it as too unworthy to pay attention to, I turned my head to the side to look at Yun Hee. Immediately apprehension raced through my system.

Yun Hee looked pale. Way to pale to consider it as healthy.

 

“ Yun Hee are you feeling sick?”

 

She looked up to me and gave me a weak smile. The smile might be amiable but in connection with the frailty, I couldn't bring myself to love it the way I usually did.

 

“I am alright. Only a slight headache. No need to worry.”

 

I wanted to continue inquiring her but she beat me to it. As after leaning her head against my shoulder she asked me a question before I could announce mine.

 

Say... Jungguk. Why do you always call me 'Clock'?”

 

I felt her squeezing my hand and I knew that was her signal to please change the topic. Still unsure I looked at her face once more. Seeing that the frightening paleness had decreased, I decided to succumb to her demand and go with the flow.

 

Because you are the one who always wakes me up.”

Wow. Seriously. And I though there was a deeper meaning to it.”

 

She was now pouting and I couldn't help but to laugh at her. The worry I felt earlier disappearing completely and the scary image stored in the back of my mind. 

Seriously she was way too cute for her own good and seeing her hidden aegyo, I felt the need to pinch her cheeks. However I restrained myself and just squeezed her hands to get her attention again.

 

I'm joking. I call you 'Clock' because you are the clock to my heart.”

Now she was looking confusedly at me and even that expression did I found unbelievable cute.

 

What do you mean?”

 

The meaning is. As long as my 'Clock' is ticking my heart will be beating. You are the time to my life.

 

She lifted her head from my shoulder to look at me. I could see in her eyes that she was astonished as they were slightly larger than usual. Slowly I could detect how her eyes became glossy and the second my brain decoded the indication, I started to panic.

 

I was afraid that any moment the tears would start to drip down her cheeks. Yun Hee was a girl that commonly didn't cry often because she hated to show her weak side. Therefore when she does shed tears, I feel even more lost as I wasn't used to it and thus never knew how to block them from oozing out.


Suddenly I felt a weight almost knocking me over. While I was mentally preparing myself to eradicate the tears, I didn't realize that she had lunged forward to envelop me in a tight embrace.

 

I don't even know what to say to show you my happiness. This is the most beautiful message I have ever heard. I love you so much Jungguk. Thank you for being here.”

 

Feeling alleviated by the fact that she wasn't crying and I was panicking for nothing, I circled her in my arms and held onto her petite form. Everything felt so right at that moment. Just having her right here with me and secured in my arms made me dead certain, that all I will ever need in my life is my 'Clock'.

 

 


 

I am sorry. Have been busy with school >_< 

Please excuse the mistakes. Didn't edit it throughout

I think it is time to stop writing all the fluff and hopefully start with some drama in the next chapter or not~

Hope you guys aren't too bored with this chapter