Morning

Clock

 

Yun Hee's POV

 

I woke up to the ringing of the alarm clock that successfully tore me out of my dreamland. Still feeling drowsy and seriously wishing for nothing more but to be able to remain in the warmth of the blanket that secured me in upper comfort, I lazily extended my arm in attempt of searching for the disturbing device. After fumbling around for a few seconds my hand finally came in contact with a cold object. Not being able to endure the annoying sound any longer, which flawlessly disturbed my sleep almost every morning, I hurriedly turned it off. 

 

Realizing that my body refused to move I remained frozen in my current position for a bit. After noting that there was no perceivable effectiveness, I mentally kicked myself to finally get in motion as there was no additional time to spent lounging around. Forcefully I threw the comfy blanket off my body and at once I shuddered at the vicious cold that was biting on my exposed skin mercilessly. 

Due to the unpleasant good morning gesture of the chilliness I had to muster up a great amount of mental will, to not hide under the big cloth again.

 

Swiftly to not get tempted once more, I made my way into my bathroom to ultimately chase the languor away. After finishing my usual morning routine and making sure that I was wearing my uniform in an appropriate way, I walked over to my bedroom's window. Sacrificing a few seconds to glance in the room across from mine, I annotated that the day still hasn't started for the one occupying it – just like I expected.

After pulling my window open, I leaned over to push the window opposite of mine open and without further ado it unclosed facilely, granting me access to Jungguk's bedroom.

 

As long as I could remember Jungguk and me have been living beside each other and due to that we literally grew up beside one another. Having the advantage of being benefit with parents that were good friends with the other ones, us developing a steadfast friendship was a opportunity we gladly took.

However never once did we two forebode that we would fall in love with each other and understandably never once did we imagine ourselves to be caught in an unavoidable relationship called love.

Whenever an adult lauded us to be a perfect match, we always laughed friendly and negated that something like that would never happen in this life span. Therefore every time when I look at our actual position, I was aware that life was able to disabuse me. It is really amusing how life never fails to have a surprise in store for you.

Our love affair wasn't something that connected as quick as a wink. It was a stealthy process that was not too rushed and not to slow as well. The pace was in my eyes perfect and left us enough time to let the situation dawn on us and to give the both of us the chance to reconceive the emotion we unforeseen cultivated. For that reason the moment Jungguk confessed to me, it wasn't a conflicting situation that I needed to rethink.

 

While I carefully climbed over to Jungguk's bedroom, that was luckily positioned beside my own, I couldn't help myself but to steal a short glance below myself. Beneath my body stretched a meter long depth, which ended with the grassy floor of our garden, that surely wouldn't be able to retain my body from getting hurt.

I remembered the first time Jungguk encouraged me to climb over because the distance between our room was actually really small and taking advantage of the placement, would spare time, that was usually lost whenever we had to use the common method of reaching the other room. At first I was seriously scared of slipping and plunging down into the seemingly endless depth and thus I refused unyieldingly.

However after taking in Jungguk's soothing words and slowly feeling serene, I gathered all my courage to climb over the small distance that separated us. After the small achievement, we both grew used to utilizing that procedure to reach each others rooms and due to that reason we always left our windows open. 

 

The second I overcame the hurdle and stepped safely on his floor, I turned to my left and made my way over to his spacious bed. At first I was only able to see a big bundle that was surrounded by pillows, which were scattered all over the place.

Only the minute I stood in front of the bundle was I able to detect black tangles of hair, that obviously belonged to Jungguk. Leaning over him I witnessed that he was still sleeping peacefully and relaxing breaths slipped out between his lips.

It always amazed me how I found myself in a state of pure peace by just looking at his calm face and just beholding the actually normal view made the usual vexatiously mornings turn into an enjoyable one.

Thus since the second I was blessed with the status of being his girlfriend, I always confronted myself with the same question, which until date I wasn't able to answer.

 

'”What did I do to deserve such a handsome and gentle boyfriend?“

 

Sparing the digital clock on Jungguk's nightstand a quick glance, I realized that I should stop being creepy and wake him up, before taking the time for granted would be followed with some unpleasant repercussions. Carefully with one hand I pulled the blanket down to reveal his shoulder, while I placed the other one on his broad shoulder to shake him lightly. 

 

Jungguk. It's time to wake up.“

 

Like always he only groaned in respond and remained motionless. Having to wake Jungguk up every morning, was sometimes a real challenge that at times drove me over the edge. However over the years I grew used to the fact that Jungguk wasn't a morning person and luring him out of his warm bed wasn't something that was done in one try.

 

Therefore I just stayed patient and continued my action without raising my blood pressure unnecessary. I was petting his bed hair, trying to organize the mess, that surprisingly bended to my will.

 

Come on Jungguk. You have to wake up now or we are going to be late.“

 

The next action surprised me exceedingly as I didn't expect him to be moving in the next few minutes. I only vaguely perceived a warm hand clasping around my wrist before giving it a strong tug, resulting in the current situation where I was caged in a hug.

 

Alright I will wake up. But only if you give me a kiss and make me something to eat.“

Aish. You are such a demanding Cookie!“

 

Knowing that he won't let go of me until I fulfilled his demand, I kissed him on the cheek before wiggled out of his embrace.

 

Now get up. I'm going over to make us something to eat, so you better hurry up.“

 

I caught Jungguk humming in response and sitting up lazily. After letting out a yawn, but not forgetting to cover his mouth, he finally swung his legs over the edge of bed and stood up to disappear into his bathroom.

 

Seeing that I succeeded in waking him up, I hurried over to his window before jumping back into my own room. After retrieving my bag I ran downstairs and straight into the kitchen.

Looking at the time I saw that there wasn't enough time to make something demanding and due to that fact I settled with the idea of just making something simple, that would satisfy our stomachs for a short while until we were given another opportunity called break, to consume another meal.

I grabbed some bread and made us sandwiches before fetching two water bottles that would keep our bodies hydrated. After dropping the two drinks into my bag I slung it over my shoulder before I took the breakfast into my left hand. 

Quickly I made my way to the corridor before slipping on my shoes, while trying to not drop the food. Once done I swiftly unlocked the door, only to see a waiting Jungguk who now looked wide awake. 

 

Seeing him waiting for me made a smile appear on my face and a familiar warmth sheathing around myself. Hurriedly I made my way towards him and handed him his sandwich and the water bottle that I fetched out of my bag. In respond he gave me a quick kiss to show me his gratitude.

 

"Thank you Yun. You are the best!“

 

I smiled wholeheartedly at his cheesy words that I used to with. But even though I heard these few expressions far too many times, they still never ceased to brighten my mood. Jungguk was always able to enhance my normally boring days and I was truly thankful for it.

 

I glanced at the watch that was clasped around my wrist and realized that we seriously needed to start walking as refusing would end up in us getting in some unwanted trouble. Not wanting to lose any more time we started heading into the direction of our school.

 

 

I really love these kinds of mornings, which we always share with one another.

I just hope I will be able to continue signaling you the start of the day.

 

 


 

The first chapter. Hope it is alright >_<

Thank you all for subscribing!