Date

Clock

 


 

Jungguk's POV

 

I was racing down the street thoughtlessly, which resulted in me almost tripping over a Chihuahua who in return barked angrily at me and I was sure if it weren't for his short legs, I would be dragging a fleeting additional weight with me at the moment.

Due to my reckless dash, having peoples giving me disapproving expressions and strange stares, was something that was regrettably unavoidable. However even though I was being an impolite character, I didn't go as far as to just run promenaders over like a malfunction train. I was still able to exert snake lines to avoid unwelcome collisions.

 

The breeze I left behind disturbed some strollers and I knew that me not coming to a halt to apologize properly, was a gesture of discourtesy. Despite the scoldings, which were able to stick to me like some crazy fangirls, provoked the emotion awkwardness to surface, I wasn't ready to fix the momentary flaw of mine. Therefore they had to bear with the brief 'I am sorry' that I shouted expeditiously. 

 

Normally acting rude was never a behavior I implemented willingly and for that reason having people develop a mistakable impression of me left a bad taste in my mouth, that I nevertheless had to put up with it. Right now preserving my image wasn't the top priority I should be concentrating on. I should focus my attention on reaching the park, that seemed to have taken a joy in taunting me as it was still no where in sight, as fast as possible. 

 

Feeling frustrated at the park and mostly at my bad habit of being tardy, I couldn't prevent a loud complain from emerging from my dry throat. “Damn it! How much farther away is the park? I'm already late!“

 

It seemed like the park had his fair amount of fun and finally decided to come out of its hiding, so I could finally descry my destination. Feeling relieved that the distance was calculable, I increased my already unhealthy velocity, which consequence I will surely enjoy later on.

 

Eventually I succeeded to tread into the park and even though that was my aim I still didn't stop to let my legs get their well-deserved rest. I continued straining my body and fortunately it didn't take long for me to spot Yun Hee, who was already waiting under a tree. She was wearing a silver blazer with matching skinny jeans and a white T-Shirt. Actually nothing special, but letting her demonstrate the plain outfit, turned it into a fashionable one which emphasized her beauty nicely.

 

She seemed to have heard my loud and fast footsteps as she turned her head around to divert her attention to me. I was sure I looked like a mess as racing around distorted my hair to the extend, that I was sure it resembled a bird nest. 

Upon reaching her I had to bend over to fill my stressed lungs with the much needed oxygen, that I disregarded slightly while being in a rush.

 

“Sorry. I'm late!“

“It's alright. Don't mind it. I didn't have to wait long anyway.“

 

Eventually my breath returned to its normal state and I was able to straighten my body upright to return her eye contact. Yun Hee was smiling amiably at me and observing her expression I couldn't find any sign of annoyance. Immediately I got a bad conscience due to my unacceptable manner as there was no way she didn't had to wait long. I was 30 minutes overdue and no one can tell me that this number was something you can just brush off. Moreover not after admitting to you that I tend to always appear too late.

 

My girlfriend was always too forgiving and sometimes I wished for her to get angry at me, so my mind would get scared and start changing the flaw. But until now she never got mad at my belatedness and would always condone it unquestioningly. 

 

“Where do you want to go?“

“I want to go to this new bakery that opened up last week.“

 

Not waiting for my consent, she intertwined our hands before dragging me in the direction the new bakery was standing. After taking a few turns we arrived at the proposed destination and without further ado we entered the cozy bakery.

 

The second we tread in, my sense of smell was confronted with diverse odors of baking goods and coffee treats. I was still looking around when Yun Hee pulled me towards a small table situated by the tall window. Immediately she dissipated our locked hands, to sit down. Not wanting to appear out of place I followed suit and seated myself opposite of her. I witnessed how she zealously opened the menu and how her eyes seemed to sparkle the second she detected the various desserts the bakehouse had to offer. 

At that moment I though she looked like a small child who saw something for the first time and on that account  was placed in a condition of pure astonishment. Seeing the girl, who caught my interest, getting so easily entertained evoked a small smile to manifest on my face.

 

After getting enchanted by the assortment for at least five minutes, she finally settled with ordering herself a cup of hot-chocolate and a slice of strawberry shortcake. Being aware that I have been observing her adorable reactions instead of analysing the menu, I had to resort to a kneejerk reaction when the waiter asked me what I would like to have. Having no time I ended up ordering what popped up in my mind, which was bubble tea and a slice of chiffon cake. Actually not what I wanted to consume.

 

“I thought you hated drinking bubble tea.”

“It is not that bad.”

 

Hearing my tense laugh, she gave me a suspicious look that indicated me that she didn't believe me. “You are strange.”

 

It didn't take long for our orders to arrive. The second I saw the liquid that I intentionally ordered earlier being placed to my left, I sensed a sickening feeling visiting me. Nevertheless I courageously took ahold of the glass and took a generous amount into my system. Immediately I felt the need to spit out the whole fluidness again and only with a strong will was I able to retain myself from an embarrassment.

 

I was lying earlier. I still hated bubble teas and until now I was still not able to befriend the drink. However I didn't want to admit to Yun Hee that I inadvertently ordered it because I was staring at her. Therefore I had to endure the unpleasant taste and just empty it decently.

 

We were taking in our treat, while talking about random topics, that happened in the last few days, when suddenly the woman opposite from us started crying loudly.

 

“Why do you want to break up with me? Did I do something wrong?“

“No. You didn't do anything wrong. It's just that I don't love you anymore. There is someone else I currently love.“

 

Not being able to withstand the event, the woman sprang up and dashed out of the bakeshop. Feeling sorry for the former couple, I steered my view back to the front, so the left behind man wouldn't feel too awkward. However I doubted my action would lessen the embarrassment he was confronted with at the moment.

 

When I looked at Yun Hee I noticed that she was still observing the incident with a sad expression.

 

“Jungguk?“

"Hmm?“

“Are we going to end like that as well?“

 

She was now caging my eyes in an unescapable eye contact and thus I was sure she was able to catch the surprise, that came in sight the moment she placed the question.

 

“No! What makes you think that way? I don't intend to break up with you.“

 

Yun Hee still didn't seem to be content at my answer as her face still harbored the emotion uncertainty.

 

“Are you sure? I mean... Maybe one morning you wake up and realize that your feelings for me are gone. Or maybe you will find another girl who is better than me.“ she said it with a weak and gloomy voice, while slowly stirring her hot-chocolate.

 

“Don't be ridiculous. There is no way I will fall for another girl, when I already have you.”

“But-”

 

I didn't want to let her continue doubting herself and therefore I didn't let her take the discussion further.

 

“No buts and no crazy thoughts of yours anymore. I'll promise you something.”

“What?”

 

She was looking at me and I could see in her eyes that they were filled with expectations

“I promise you that our love won't ever end, so you don't need to be scarred of feeling the same pain as the woman from before. Just trust me when I tell you, that you are my only clock that I will ever love.“

 

Finally the unsettling expression seemed to have run away in discomfort as a bright smile emerged on her face once more. “Thank you Jungguk for being my boyfriend. I want to promise you something as well. I promise to trust your words unconditionally and that I will believe in our relationship's permanence.”

 

I was alleviated that she was back to her normal self and that the before dulled atmosphere dissipated permanently. “Jungguk I really love you~“

 

I laughed at her cute sing-song voice that was accompanied by a meaningful sentence. "I love you too.“

 

Yun Hee lifted up her cup before taking in the last gulp. Seeing that we finished our orders I asked her if she wanted to go.

 

"Yes. Let's go. Excuse me can we pay?“

 

Upon hearing her request, a waiter came over instantly before handing her the bill. After observing the reckoning throughout she fished for her wallet, that was drowned in the sea of bits and pieces. I was always curious how women were able to find something in that chaos and witnessing them over and over faultlessly detecting the seeked item, made me develop a great respect for them. Yun Hee eventually found the desired object and paid for everything. 

 

Now that sounds strange right? But this is how our relationship was arranged. We agreed that we would pay in turns because Yun Hee hated it when I always paid for everything. I remember how awkward and guilty she felt every time I took over the bills and even though I told her she shouldn't feel foul, her mood still didn't comply to my words. Therefore I succumbed to her proposal as she could be genuinely stubborn when it came to her point of view.

However even though it was a sometimes frustrating characteristic of her, I still couldn't help myself but to love it as well. Just like I did with the other traits of her's. She was unique and full of surprises.

 

And the best thing was: She was my unique girl.

 

 


 

I will alternate the POV in this story.

Oh gosh. What did I just write?! So much fluff!  >_<

The many subscribers made me so happy that I just had to tip this chapter and update quickly. Thank you guys for supporting the story~