Moving

Clock

 

 

Yun Hee's POV

 

While heaving the last carton into the van, an involuntarily groan followed suit. The moment I was aware that the obnoxious task of transfering objects from the inside into the massive vehicle was completed, I stretched my tired muscles pleasantly. 

 

Since this morning I've been carrying and lifting brown square cardboard, that contained private and needed objects from my house – better said past home – uninterrupted into the transporter. Executing the physical activity ceaselessly, quickly took its toll on my feeble body and occasionally during the work I felt dizziness taunting me. However I ignored it, thinking that it must be due to the strain and continued performing the action. 

 

To my relieve Jungguk sacrificed some of his precious time to come over and help me out. I was truly grateful for his support as without him I was sure I would still be carrying around some vicious boxes until the next day. 

Now I understood the complaining people spurted whenever they faced the harsh task of moving. It seriously was a troublesome challenge a person had to overcome and I was glad this was my first house moving. Even though my move wasn't as difficult as the usual ones because I didn't had the need to take along my furniture, I still found it appalling. Just the thought of a normal one which included having to bring the sturdy furnishings along, sent a shiver up my spine. I was sure I would have died while dragging them as well...

 

The second the last carton was secured, I instructed the driver to drive to my new residence where my aunt will be waiting for his arrival. After he assimilated the direction he drove of leaving me standing in his dust.

 

I looked to my left and saw a pouting Jungguk, who was glaring daggers at the defenseless pavement. Even though he came to help me, he hasn't exchanged a full sentence with me and I would be lying, if I said it left me unfazed. I tried picking up short conversations with him, but to my dismay I failed in every attempt I initiated. He wasn't ignoring me coldly with just walking away and leaving me speechless. He actually responded to my occasional question that I came up with, however with brusque answers that radiated with the statement 'I don't want to talk'.

 

I was aware that he has been in a bad mood since this morning and unfortunately even after all these hours his mood didn't seem to have lighten up. He was still standing silently by my side and refused to commence a dialogue. At that moment I got the feeling that the cement was more interesting than my whole being in his eyes...

 

Not liking the atmosphere that had manifested itself without my consent, I turned my body around before taking his warm hands into mine. At last he looked at me but still held a miffed expression on his face while his lips refused to part to converse.

 

“Come on Jungguk. Don't be mad at me anymore. I told you I was sorry. So please don't be like this... When you act this way I feel so helpless and sad...” 

 

The last sentence might have been exposed to the world in a small whisper, but nonetheless Jungguk's keen ears were able to pick it up. As upon hearing them his expression softened at once and he finally started to react to my desperate handshake.

 

“I'm not mad at you... It's just I don't want you to move.”

 

I was glad that he wasn't truly angry at me and that the pout disappeared. However the sad countenance that replaced the beforehand expression, made me experience the sensation of a hand grasping my heart and scratching it mercilessly.

 

“It's not like I'm moving far away from you. My aunt's apartment is just a couple of blocks away from here. It's just going to be a 10 minute walk to it.”

 

Jungguk squeezed my hand tightly and slowly I could see the gloomy expression dissolving.

 

“But who is going to wake me up now? If my clock moves away I won't be able to wake up!”

 

Upon hearing his reasoning, I sweat dropped and felt the need to pull his cheeks to release the small irritation that succeeded in entering my system. Here I was afraid that he was seriously saddened about the fact that we would be apart when in reality, he was afraid of not being able to wake up punctually...

 

“Wow Jungguk. Way to go. I feel so loved by you.”

 

He was so childish sometimes and until date I wondered how my heart got attracted to that trait, that normally would make me turn on my heels if a guy harbored it. But I came to terms with the fact that love could do the strangest thing to you and you couldn't even hinder it.

 

I squeezed his hands once more before pulling him towards my new apartment. Throughout the whole walk we were infected by silence, but even though we remained quiet, the usual characteristic awkwardness didn't go along. We felt comfortable with the situation and didn't mind the fact that neither of us started a conversation.

 

Just like I guessed we reached our destination in approximately 10 minutes and without further ado we tread into the multi-story building. While walking towards the elevator I took the time to look at the surrounding which screamed prosperity. It wasn't the first time I came here but amazement still captured me every time I saw the upscale interior design.

Jungguk pushed the button which would dictate the elevator to arrive and not long after the shiny doors parted to let us tread into it. Turning to my left I saw the various pushbuttons that would bring us the the seemingly endless tiers of the building and after overflying them, I detected the one to the 27th floor before pressing it and setting the elevator going.

I heard a sigh and turned around to look at Jungguk whose face still didn't carry the lovely smile I adored so much. “Do you really have to move?”

 

I was about the answer him when the familiar ring, that always appeared when a planned floor was reached, resonated. Hurriedly we got off and set our feet on the 27th floor, where my new home was situated.

 

“Jungguk... Everything is already here. Besides me moving away doesn't mean our relationship is going to end. The only disadvantage would be that you have to get yourself a new alarm clock.”

 

We stopped infront of a white door that was already opened. Not wanting to waste our time ringing to signal the occupant that we would enter, we just walked into the big apartment. Upon hearing some voice coming from the living room, the first thought that obviously popped up into my mind was to follow the noises.

The moment I tread into the room, I saw my aunt dismissing some men, who I guessed helped her unloading my stuff. She must have heard us as she twisted around to swiftly walk toward me, to envelop me in a tight embrace.

 

“Hello my dear and Jungguk. I'm so happy that you are finally here and moving in with me.”

“Hello aunty. I'm thankful that you allow me to live here.”

 

My aunt finally broke the hug and looked at me with an apologetic expression.

 

“Sorry Yuni. Even though today you are moving in, I have to go now. An important meeting came up.”

 

Not liking the countenance that my beautiful aunt carried, I smiled brightly at her in hope of erasing the displeasing expression.

 

“It's alright. You don't have to feel sorry. It isn't like it is my first time here. I know my way around.”

“Still I shouldn't leave you alone.”

”Jungguk is here with me.”

 

Looking to my side and seeing Jungguk holding onto my hand she seemed to be content as she finally disposed the unpleasant expression before replacing it with a slightly panicked one due to have detected the clock above us.

 

“I'm really sorry but I seriously need to go now. Please feel at home and I will be back in the evening. Bye you two!”

 

We weren't even able to bid her goodbye as she raced out of the door like her life depended on it.

 

“Wow your aunt is like a leopard.”

 

I laughed at Jungguk's strange comment about my aunt's abnormal celerity before tugging at his hand to steer his attention back to me.

“Let's go to my room.”

 

My room was situated upstairs and thus we had to climb a flight of stairs before we could reach my bedroom. The minute we entered my new room I immediately ran over to my bed to sit down. Due to the physical exercise I had to endure earlier, the image of a fluffy bed was truly tempting and therefore my body reacted on his own and literally forced me to flop on the soft mattress.

 

While I rewarded my body and gave it time to recuperate, I examined my new bedroom, which was noticeably smaller then my old one. Regarding the numerous cartons, that piled up menacingly, I wasn't able to see the inner design of the space. Seeing the merciless cardbox standing there and imaginary mocking me as I had to later on unpack them, I couldn't prevent myself from glaring malevolently at them. I definitely didn't look forward to the rendezvous I had with him in the near future. 

 

Suddenly I felt a light weight on my shoulder and almost jumped up in surprise. However due to my powerless body, me springing to my feet and accidently causing the person to fall, was crossed out. Instead I twisted my head to the side to look at serene eyes which belonged to the guy I loved dearly.

 

Observing Jungguk's face, I was relieved that there was no trace of discontentment left and now he looked peaceful and satisfied. Just how I loved him to be.

 

“I'm sorry for acting so childish. But I was really sad about you being separated from me.”

 

Due to his cute announcement, I felt the need to kiss him and not wanting to defy my desire I succumbed and pecked him on the forehead. After satisfying my soiled request I laid my head on his before closing my eyes due to the tranquility that expanded in my soul.

 

“I'm sorry for moving away. I don't like being apart from you as well. But you have to understand that me living in that big house alone was wasteful.”

 

He only nodded to indicate me he was now alright with it. After that we just stayed frozen in the close position, that we both enjoyed from the bottom of our hearts. Just being able to feel each others warmth, was all that was needed to send us in a state of pure serenity.

 

I don't know how long we remained that way and if I had my way, I would just continued it endlessly. However Jungguk seemed to differ in opinion as he broke the current situation to walk over to my nightstand. Throughout his whole action I watched him like eagle and felt curiosity sitting by my side.

 

“Well now that my clock moved away from me I'll take your alarm clock in exchange.”

 

I chuckled at him and bend over to my nightstand before grasping my digital clock that served his duty flawlessly for years. Looking at it I mentally thanked it for being such a good sleep-disturber and at the same time apologized for the countless times I hit it hardly due to my frustration. Call me crazy but the clock actually had a special place in my heart! Nevertheless the thought of giving it to Jungguk eased the detachment and before I could change my mind I handed it to him.

 

“Here you go. You better use it wisely.”

“Of course I will. Just you see. Even without you I will wake up punctually.”

 

Jungguk tilted his head down to pay attention to the clock. Upon retrieving his sense of time back, he apologized to me once more and I seriously thought that I had heard enough 'Sorry' for the rest of the month.

 

“Sorry Yun Hee but I need to go home now. See you tomorrow.”

 

He leaned down and gave me a kiss, that conjured a smile on my face. “Alright. Let's see if you can wake up tomorrow. See you in class then.”

 

.・゜゜・☆・゜゜・.

 

The door to our classroom was impolitely slammed open which resulted in the lesson to be shortly disturbed.

 

“I'm sorry! I overslept.”

 

I laughed at my panting boyfriend who was getting scold by our teacher for first of all disrupting his interesting lesson and secondly appearing to late. Just detecting his disheveled hair and messy uniform, made me shake my head in an amused way.

 

Oh dear. How is he going to survive without me?”

 


 

Sorry guys. Have been busy with school work. But I finally found some time to tip this chapter. Please excuse the numerous mistakes I made >.<

Please enjoy this chapter and thank you all for subscribing ^_^