8/??

Worth It All

Then we won’t talk

They haven’t spoken since. Daehyun doesn’t really mind though. At least she’s there. He watches the way her body moves as she cooks, eyes trailing up her small frame. His eyes land on her lips and he swallows hard. It’s been awhile since they’ve been able to have dinner together. Mainly because they both avoided one another for the first two days. But now he’s free for the night and a part of him is excited to be near her again like old times and another part of him his apprehensive and waiting for another fight.

Daehyun can’t count the number of times he’s held her back from going. Youngjae tells him that it’s better to let go. Yongguk tells him to breathe and see what happens she does. Daehyun doesn’t listen though. Daehyun doesn’t ever want her to leave. This is just a hiccup in their journey

She calls his name softly, the first to give in, when the food is ready. Daehyun moves up from the sofa, walking towards the table. He’s barely sat down when she pushes the food towards him, serving him more and more. He can’t help but watch the way her body reaches over his to get to the side dishes. She hasn’t even sat down yet and Daehyun grows more and more irritated. A firm hand against her back and he has her resting on his lap. She makes a noise of protest, but Daehyun won’t let up. With a sigh, she continues serving him food, avoiding eye contact.

Fingers wrap around her wrist before lips are planted on the tips of her fingers. Glancing up at him startled, Aria watches as he continues to press kisses against the inside of her wrist, leading up to the inside of her elbow. She runs her nails through his hair, raking against his scalp lightly. They don’t say anything and instead, relish in the feel of the other’s lips against their own. Aria didn’t want to be the first to break, but the more is piled on, the more she feels as if she’s already lost him. That at some point, she’ll be irrelevant and she’s not really sure what to do then. Jung Daehyun is everything to her and to go back to life without him is too much.

So sometimes when she packs her bags, threatening to leave, there’s only 1% of her that wants to. The other 99% is praying the Daehyun will hold her again. And perhaps that’s why the relationship is so crooked. Because she needs him and will always need him far more than he needs her. The thought makes her lips quiver, but Daehyun holds her closer. He’s there. His presence relaxes her and Aria pulls away from him lips, nose touching nose.

Daehyun bends first.

“I love you.”

But Aria cracks.

“I love you, Daehyun.”

A breath leaves her body. Maybe it will all be okay.

 

It never is though and just two days later and they aren’t speaking again. Aria wishes she could stop. Stop herself from constantly pushing him away, but she never can and every time she turns on the tv, she can only see them and the pictures and videos break her heart a little more every time.

They’re sitting for dinner again tonight. Just like the last time when she finally speaks and even though she wants him to stop her, she wants to say it all.

“Maybe we should stop this.”

Daehyun looks up at her sharply, but he’s not surprised. It was bound to happen. “Do you want to?” He asks, afraid of the answer.

“Do you?” she counters. What is the point of having her around if he can never see her?

“Of course not. I love you.”

Aria bites her lower lip. “Really? Because I don’t get half the affection she does on that god forsaken scripted show.”

“Well that’s because that show is scripted and I do what they tell me to.”

“Can’t you do the same for me?” She pleads. “Can’t you see me when I ask? Or stay near me? Or hold me when I want you there? Daehyun, I’ve spent more nights alone since we’ve been together than I ever have. I see more of you on a screen than I do in real life. I--”

“I can’t help that,” he argues.

Aria blinks.

Daehyun casts his eyes downwards.

“Then perhaps this scripted relationship is the best for you.”

“Aria, don’t do this.”

“Why not?” she asks, on the brink of tears.

“Because I don’t want this to be over and neither do you.”

Aria closes her eyes and tilts her head back to stop the tears.

“I’m sorry I make you this way,” he says. “I’m sorry I can’t stop your tears, but don’t leave me. Please don’t.”

When her eyes open again, he’s right by her side.