13/??

Worth It All

I see them talk to you

Daehyun glares at Youngjae from his seat. The younger is talking animatedly with his girlfriend while he sits waiting for the filming to begin.

“Daehyun, are you all right?”

He glances to his side, annoyed. “I’m fine,” he reassures his on screen wife before turning back to the duo. Wonderful. Now Jongup is talking to her too.

“Who’s that girl?”

“Let’s just stick to the script, okay?” He doesn’t want too much chatter. He’s not sure what possesses him to bring her to the filming site, but some part of him thought this is a good idea. The loud of the director calling for them rings through the air and the set grows quiet. He smiles briefly at his girlfriend before turning the smile to his on screen wife, offering her his hand.

 

Aria sits patiently next to Youngjae, thankful for his presence when everyone around her is talking about how great Daehyun looks with her.

“She’s so pretty,” one of the fans behind her whispers.

“I’d be okay with him dating someone that looks like that. He should be with someone that looks like that.”

“Who’s the girl next to Youngjae oppa?”

“I don’t know. I heard one of them say she’s Daehyun’s friend.”

“Maybe this is the mixed girl that Daehyun dated before?”

“No, she was really pretty, remember? And she couldn’t speak Korean. And this girl spoke fluently.”

“Oh my gosh! Look, he’s about to kiss her!”

Aria watches as he slowly leans in. Their eyes lock momentarily before Daehyun shifts his target and presses his lips to his wife’s cheek. There’s a collective groan behind her.

“He should just kiss her again! She’s so pretty!”

“I bet she’s plastic.”

“Yah, you don’t know that.”

“Yeah, stop making up. How would oppa feel if he knew you were hurting his wife like that?”

Aria s her legs uncomfortably. This is a bad place to sit. Youngjae and Jongup both have earbuds in their ears. She shifts again and Youngjae turns to her with sorrowful eyes. He gives her one of the earbuds and Aria smiles gratefully at him. Soft instrumentals flow through her ear and her body relaxes immediately.

“She’s so close to Youngjae...”

“Yeah, i heard her talking about some science .”

The other girl laughs. “Of course, our Youngjae likes the smart ones.”

Aria shuts her eyes tightly to calm herself down before opening them again to look at the on screen couple. They are taking another break, but Daehyun is glaring Youngjae. When his eyes meet hers, Aria gives him a shy smile. But he doesn’t return it and looks up at the fans behind her. He bring his finger to his lips, a silent plea for them to stop talking. They’re only quiet for five minutes before starting again, but there’s only so many times Aria can hear how pretty the wife is before she feels the need to puke. Standing up abruptly, she quickly walks out from the set and into the bathroom.

She can’t go back. It’s too much. So she stays in the bathroom for the rest of the time until she hears Youngjae calling for her. She’s just out of the bathroom when she’s face to face with Daehyun’s wife. It’s odd referring to her that way, she thinks. It makes their relationship seem wrong.

“Hi!’ She greets. “We weren’t introduced!” She bows and says her name and Aria awkwardly does the same. “So, you’re friends with Daehyun oppa?” Aria cringes, but nods. The girl is so beautiful, she feels smaller and smaller. This is who Daehyun should be with. Someone so pretty that even his fans support it. “Oh, so you have lots of stor--”

“We have to go to another schedule, so we’re going to drop her off.” Daehyun’s voice cuts through the air with command.

His wife turns to him with a smile. “We can drop her off! I’d like to--”

“She’s coming back with u--”

“I brought my car, so I mean, I can take myself home.” The look Daehyun sends her is angry and hurt at the same time.

“Oh, well if you have your own car, you can hang out with us for awhile!” the wife says with a smile.

“I said no.”

“Daehyunnie oppa, you never let me meet your friends!” she complains. “Besides, she’s a girl, so you don’t have to be jealous~”

“Actually, I have to head to work. Why don’t you give me your number and we’ll--”

“Oh, no! ‘m getting your number so we’ll keep in touch. You might not call me back!” Aria chuckles, typing in her number.

“It was very nice meeting you.” She bows to his wife before walking past the others, waving goodbye. Daehyun won’t let her past though. She whispers are him to let go, but Daehyun holds fast.

“We’ll drop y--”

“I brought my car, so it’s not worth it,” she hisses.

Junhong ends up being savior moments later when he snags her from Daehyun’s hold, coolly wrapping an arm around the older woman. “Hyung, noona and I look good together, right?” The young boy grins sweetly at her, before dragging her towards the door. “I’m gonna walk her to her car~”

Daehyun’s wife laughs loudly. “You’re too young, Junhongie!”

Junhong scowls. “No, you’re too old.” The statement hangs in the air as does the smile faltering on the wife’s face. He guides Aria from the building to her car, silent the walk there.

 

“Junhong,” she mumbles when they reach her car.

“Yeah, noona?” He answers softly in a knowing tone.

“You have to apologize to her.”

Junhong sighs. “I know. I know.” A small pout forms on his lips. “I’m not too young though.”

Aria laughs gently. “I think your height balances out the age, eh?”

But Junhong doesn’t smile. His eyes lock with hers. “Noona, please don’t be fake around me.”

“Junhong,” she begins, a warning mounting in her voice.

“Just don’t.”

“I’m not, Junhongie.” She reaches up to ruffle his hair and Junhong meets her halfway, bending so she can reach easily. “Thank you for walking me.”

“Don’t let them get to you, noona. You and hyung are really special.”

Aria smiles up at the tall boy. “Thanks, Junhongie.”

 

Daehyun is home hours later and reeking of alcohol. He falls into her arms. It isn’t supposed to happen, but it does. Daehyun is a tumble of words, vulnerable and upset and pressing as many kisses as he can to her face. Daehyun straddles her hips securely, the pout on his face growing more prominent.

“I don’t like it when people talk like that,” he says simply, shoulders sagging. “And you’re so nice and pretty and you don’t even say anything and then you let me come home like this and you’re so pretty. And...” he pauses before smiling sheepishly at her. “I forgot what else.” Aria chuckles from beneath him before his face lights up. “And you’re pretty! Really beautiful, you know? Like you’re really cute.” Daehyun just rambles when he’s drunk. And speaks of things that he wants to do. To her. That has her blushing beneath him. “But I’m not coordinated enough to you and that’s just so saaaad.”

“Dae, let’s get you to bed.”

He stares at her with wide eyes. “Can I hold you in bed?” He only moves off her when she nods in response. After a few struggles, Daehyun manages to stand up just long enough for Aria to support him. Aria guides him slowly to their room periodically telling him to shut up because drunk Daehyun talks more than sober Daehyun and there’s just so much more nonsense. Daehyun strips himself of his clothes quickly and Aria is glad he can accomplish that even when drunk. She only wants to tuck him in, but Daehyun opens his arms wide for with an expectant look. She’s not in his arms for more than a split second before he nuzzles her neck.

“I’m sorry.” He doesn’t like it. The way they judge her. The way he hides her. If they knew, they wouldn’t talk that way about her. But soon the thoughts turn to mush and Daehyun begins to snore softly against her neck.

Aria hums a quiet tune, running her fingers through his locks to soothe the drunk man.”I love you.”