10/??

Worth It All

I didn't mean to be this horrid at updating. I'm just overwhelmed with work and school and the mcat and idek. in other news, tickets prices for LOE are up. This is a continuation of the previous chapter, so make sure you read the chapter before.



It’s crazy

The way you got me all figured out

The way you turn it around

 

“That has nothing to do with it, Jung Daehyun. How dare you?”

“Isn’t it? Don’t you just want me for yourself? Isn’t that what every fight has been about?”

“How,” she begins, taking in a breath, “How is wanting to see you a little more being possessive? How does that make me a that I want to see you? Jung Daehyun, I cannot believe you.”

Daehyun snorts. “I barely have time for myself. Sometimes, I want to come back and just be by myself. But instead, you come in, tell me you missed me, ‘oh let’s go out for dinner.’, ‘Oh, let’s flirt with the cashier.’ Sometimes, I want to be by myself. Without having you whining, without having fans fawning over me, without being reminded that we have another fifty comebacks. All right? Sometimes, I don’t want you.”

Aria bites back the tears because he’s already annoyed at them anyway.

“And you know? Sometimes, when I’m tired at work, I’d like a ing text from you. Maybe I won’t answer it, but when I turn my phone  back on, maybe I’d like to see a little message. Maybe an ‘I love you.’ Maybe a ‘hwaiting.’ But I get nothing. What I do get, is you whining about--”

“-- the same thing. Only from you.” she finishes. She keeps her head down. “But you’ve got me all figured out, don’t you? Me wanting something from you is not the same as you wanting something from me. I should do those things. It’s expected. But I shouldn’t expect you to try. Because you’re an idol. It’s not like you have access to a phone. It’s not like the members in your band know. It’s not like you’re actually a boyfriend.”

Daehyun growls. “It’s not the same!” He steps closer to her, heated hands grabbing her arms.

“That hurts,” she chokes out. “Let go.”

His arms immediately drop. “When did you get this way?”

“What way?” she asks, rubbing her arms. That hurt.

“A .”

Aria sighs, the tears already pooling out despite her best attempts to stop them. She doesn’t want to cry in front of him. He doesn’t deserve that. “You think you understand everything. You think I should just wait. But let me ask you this. If you were the one waiting. If you were the one in my position, listening for me to come back at 2 or 3 in the morning. If you were the one that hasn’t seen me in a days, weeks, or months, would you be so patient? Would you stick around? You would not. The first sign that--”

“You don’t know me.”

Aria raises a brow. “Oh? But you know me.”

“You’re angry about a girl!”

“Jung Daehyun, I’m angry that everything I want to see from you, I see on TV! Everything I want from you, you do to someone else!”

“Oh, and that isn’t about a girl? This is about y--”

“Get out. You have me so ing figured out. You know so much. Get the out. I don’t even want to try anymore. I’m so sick of saying something and you mocking it, pretending like it’s nothing when you damn well know it’s not nothing. If you don’t care, then ing leave.”

“Ar--”

“I don’t have time for you. How’s that, huh? I don’t want you. How does it feel when that’s hurled at you?” She grits her teeth, walking to open the door for him. “Get out. I have to type out my lab notes. I don’t ing have time to deal with this, but you’re so smart, you can figure out everything I’m really doing.”

“Ar--”

“Get the out.”

“Maybe I don’t want to,” he counters, body pressed against her intimidatingly.

“Please leave,” she chokes out. “Please.”

“No.”

“Daehyun,” she whispers, pleading. “Go to her. Go to some fan what wants you. Go to your bandmates and complain about how horrible I am, but please--”

Lips press tightly to hers while the tears trail off her chin. Aria doesn’t kiss him back at first. She’s angry. He’s angry. She wants nothing more than to pound against his chest with clenched fists. Instead, her clenched fists rise to loosen and her fingers tangle in his hair. It’s a sloppy kiss, full of too much saliva and teeth, but there’s a sinister, carnal need emitting in the form of mewls from the both of them that lead to more grabbing and scratching and soon his lips move to her neck, teeth scraping and marking everything he wants to protect.

“I’m not leaving,” Daehyun rasps, the hem of her shirt.

Aria is mute and his lips press to patches of her, whispering the same thing over and over again until she feels as if she’s drowning in his voice.

“I’m not going,” he says as he finally faces her again.

“I wish you would,” she mutters when he forehead connects with hers, forcing their eyes to meet.

Lips press against hers again. Softer this time. Perhaps even tenderly. “Find a star to wish upon then.”

“What are you then?” She counters in between the soft kisses leaving her lips bruised and puffy.

A puff of breath hits her lips as he chuckles. “You’re so sharp tongued,” he remarks, hands splayed out over her stomach.

“I have to be. You’re so hot headed.”

Daehyun sighs, pressing her against the wall. “This will work.”

“Dae--”

“This has to work.”

“Dae--”

“It’s going to work.” He says it with force and conviction and Aria is almost believing him again. Almost.

“It hasn’t, you know. Aren’t you tired of this?” She whispers, playing with the buttons on his shirt.

“Of the fights, yeah. Not of this. Never of you.”

A lump forms in and she has to fight to keep her voice from quivering. “But that’s all this now. It’s all fights.”

“Then what’s this right now?” He argues back, blunt nails clenching onto the soft skin of her waist.

“Guilt.”

Daehyun’s eyes flash violently. He’s trying, so why can’t she? “I have nothing to be guilty about.” Aria sighs, rolling her eyes and pushing herself away from him. Fingers curls around her waist, tugging her back. “Do you? Do you have something to be guilty about? Are you--”

“You’re disgusting,” she mutters, wrenching herself free.

Daehyun stares at his hand only momentarily before his eyes glare at her. “But it’s not disgusting when you ask?”

“We both care more for our work than each other, so--”

“So we just end it? Here?” Daehyun is at her feet in a split second. “You wanna break up because you can’t handle my success?”

Fury boils in her body and the words tumble out before she can stop herself. “What success?! You haven’t even won a music show yet and a group that debuted after you has set records for a song about ing gulping down cheese!”

Daehyun tumbles to the ground, eyes b with tears. “Number ones and trophies aren’t everything.”

“So why does it hurt you so much then? It isn’t everything to Yongguk. It’s everything to you.”

Daehyun is silent for a long time before he stands up and walks to the door. His shoulders sag and he’s lost the confidence he originally had. Aria wants to take it back, but he doesn’t even spare her a glance as he walks out the door.