6/??

Worth It All

Yay for end of finals

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And you might cry

 

Aria sits comfortably on the bench waiting for him. It’s been about twenty minutes, but it’s okay. Daehyun is usually late, so she usually brings a book or some work. It’s about a little over an hour later that he texts her. I can’t make it. Aria sighs and packs up her things for the short walk home. Each step falls heavier than the last as she trudges on. She’s not really sure when the tears began to fall, but when she reaches her apartment door, she can barely hold in the sobs. Sometimes she just misses him and having him around and perhaps it’s selfish and perhaps she’s ignoring his celebrity status, but she misses him all the same.

She wants to cry for hours. So she does. The tears fall heavy and hard and it reminds her a bit of how she cried when she was younger. When she was naive and foolish and falling in love with a boy one second, only to fall out in the next. The floor turns into a catcher of tears and serves as her only evidence of breaking down. She doesn’t want him to see. She doesn’t want him to know. She wants to mop up her tears and emotions and put them away so she only feels love for Jung Daehyun. So she stops feeling the regret, the pain.

Aria’s tired of feeling like she’s holding him back.

 

He comes back a little later than usual tonight. By now she’s already seen the reason why he couldn’t make it today on the news reports. He wants to pull her into his arms and apologize, but she’s already in bed, tucked in and protected from him by the blanket. Any evidence of tears is wiped away and any trace of emotion on her face is erased. Daehyun drops to the bed with a sigh. Her laptop is open to the article and he knows she went to bed crying.

The evidence is never in her face. It’s never on the floor. It’s in her back. It’s in how she turns away from him. How a single touch from him has her jolting away. He wants to hold her again. And perhaps kiss away the tears, but they’re never there long enough for him to wipe away anymore. He slips into bed next to her, drawing her close to him, but her body is stiff and she doesn’t allow it. He tries again, but she prevails. So he scoots closer until his chest is pressed to her back. Her body shudders against his, but he holds tighter.

“You could have just told me,” she whispers.

“I know.”

“I didn’t have to hear it from the news like all your other fans.”

“I know.”

“Was this something you had to keep a secret, Daehyun? Why do I have to hear everything about you from the news? Why don’t I hear about things sooner?”

“I’m sorry.”

She sighs. “I’m so tired of your apologies, you know. I know I won’t see you often, but don’t I at least deserve to know about you before reporters and journalists and your fans?”

Daehyun shifts uncomfortably. “You were a fan before.”

“I still am.”

“So don’t complain about--”

“About knowing things about my boyfriend after everyone?” She turns to face him. “Tell me what being your girlfriend entails, because at this point, I don’t get to see you, I don’t get to know anything about you, and apparently, I can’t even complain about it.”

“Can I come home once to you not complaining?”

Aria narrows her eyes at him. “Yeah. Yeah, you know what? You can come home and stay home happy from now on.” She drags herself out of bed and to their shared closet, pulling out her already prepared suitcase and duffel bag.

This gets him sitting up quickly. “What are you doing?”

“Leaving.”

He rushes to her side. “Baby, you c--” The slap that hits his cheek isn’t as strong as the others, but stings worse than the rest.

“That’s all you ever say now, you know. That I can’t do this. Or I can’t do that. you. I’ll do whatever the I please.”

Daehyun reaches for her wrists. He watches the way she avoids eye contact. He still has a shot. “I know. I know I’m making this hard. Harder than it needs to be, but Aria, you know I love you.” His forehead presses against hers and their eyes meet. “And I know you love me.” Her tears drop in front of him this time and Daehyun can only wrap his arms around her and hold her.

The bag drops and he’s stopped the impending event once again.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comments are always appreciated^^