12/??

Worth It All

People talk too much

I wish they would go out already.

They’re so cute on camera.

I’d be okay with this!

Aria ignores it for the most part. They were starting again and she doesn’t want to restart the fights. So she ignores it. She doesn’t pay much attention to any of the fansites and instead focuses on rebuilding the trust. The apartment is eerily quiet, but it’s a bit of relief she thinks. It’s not that Daehyun does anything to lose her trust, it’s just hard to accept being with him. Even years later, it’s hard to accept that he’s with her. She moves lethargically through her apartment, feet sliding smoothly over the hardwood floor. The quiet joys in life. She works on dinner, making his favorites. She does the laundry and folds his clothes. The apartment is clean and she hopes he’s happy. A quick text to tell him to keep up the good work and she collapses on the floor of the kitchen exhausted.

Daehyun doesn’t want to go public. Daehyun wants to try again. Daehyun wants her to text him like before. Daehyun wants her to cook.

I need to stop thinking like this, she thinks. Her arms lift her body with practiced ease and all traces of exhaustion are gone. With a groan, she trudges to the sofa, falling against it before turning on the tv. Of course he was on tv. With her. Aria tilts her head to the side, taking in the beauty. The girl is slender. Her body looks as if it is the perfect proportions. She watches the way her hair blows movie-like in the wind. She doesn’t miss the dazed look in Daehyun’s eyes. He used look at her that way, you know. It’s more and more painful to watch and Aria feels the emotions bubbling in , threatening to escape in the form of cruel words and tears and punches.

Daehyun loves me, she thinks before turning off the tv. Daehyun loves me and this is a show. Repeat it enough and it becomes believeable. Believe it enough and it becomes fact, reality. Stretching her limbs, hoping to look as good as the girl on tv (though she won’t admit it) Aria walks to her room to sleep.

 

It’s hours later when her phone buzzes. She’s a light sleeper, a habit she’s aquired while waiting for Daehyun, so she’s aready awake. He’s texted her thanks. And then he texts her an apology. He’s taking out his on air wife to dinner. Filming is taking longer. She may see pictures of them close, hugging. He’s supposed to kiss her today. Aria hopes her texts are supportive. She hopes he doesn’t see through her facade. But he does. He loves her too much to not see.

I’ll tell them I won’t do it.

Aria wants to cry. No, don’t.

I don’t want you kissing anyone either!

Aria laughs. It’s different for you, Dae. It’s okay. I can handle it.

There’s no response for awhile. She thinks he’s angry. But then he finally texts her back. No. Thank you, but no. I’ll tell them no.

Dae. You have to do this. It’s okay.

He doesn’t reply and she falls back on the bed forbidding the tears from welling up. It’s just a kiss. Just a kiss. It’s not that big of a deal. She and Daehyun kissed plenty of times before they dated. It’s just a kiss. It’s not serious. It’s not. When she sleeps, she dreams of waves and she dreams of drowning. And when she awakes, her lungs are constricted and she’s having trouble breathing. There’s a pounding that’s threatening to escape her lips, but she bites it down and falls back asleep. It’s easier than expected and she slips into slumber almost immediately.

It’s nearly four in the morning when Daehyun slips into the apartment, quiet and alert. The exchange has him worried. They’ve only just restarted. He shouldn’t have mentioned it. He should have just said no. Of course, he can’t back out now. The manager knows. All of B.A.P know, but the company doesn’t. And so when he says he doesn’t want to kiss his onair wife, they stare at him as if he’s grown two heads.

He stares at her sleeping figure for longer than necessary. Watching the slow rise and fall of her chest. They’ve been trying. Trying so hard. She sends him the sweetest of messages, but he’s barely been able to reply. Daehyun steps closer to the bed, thighs pressed to the sides of the mattress.

“I’m sorry...” She turns over , eyes open and staring at him innocently. His own eyes open wide in surprise. “Did I wake you?” He asks immediately, cupping her face. Aria sits up, making space for him, but Daehyun is hesitant. Scowling, Aria tugs him down, lower lip jutting out in a pout.

“Stop apologizing, Daehyun. It’s okay. It’s your job.” She wants to reassure him. It will help reassure her.

“But people are saying--”

“People talk too much.”

His lips curve down into a frown. “But... I’d be-- , Ari. I’d be so angry if you were to even hug another guy. And I’m--”

“Doing your job.” Aria pauses. “I’m not saying I’m happy, but I want to be understanding, okay? I want to try. Let me try.” Lips crash against her own more tightly than she expected, making her fall backwards.

“I”ll only kiss her once.” He breathes, straddling her legs. “But let me kiss you a million times. Let me make love to you a million times.”

Aria’s breath catches in . “Promise?”

He kisses her softly. “Swear.” Aria’s arms wrap around his shoulder, legs opening automatically for her soulmate.

“I love you.”

“That’s all I need.”