Chapter 6

Silver Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

At the sight of them Minzy gasped, as if she'd been kicked in the gut. A million questions immediately seemed to spring up in my mind. Not only that but as a response my body tensed up, as if knowing of something even greater that was hidden behind their charming faces. I immediately realized that what she was feeling was apprehension. I quickly looked to where Kai stood and their eyes automatically locked. I narrowed her eyes.

I know I saw him disappear without a doubt. I just don’t know how. I scanned all their faces, and to her slight amusement they appeared surprised as well. All of them were carrying what seemed to be tuxedos in big bags. It never crossed her mind the chances of them coming here to get their tuxedos for the upcoming Ball. I turned to look at Kai again and they both nodded in greeting. She detected an amused gleam in his eyes but she wasn't sure if it was just me imagining it.

An awkward moment of silence occurred before Bom, slightly grinning, stepped forward to speak to them.

“Yo! Exo guys, right? Surprised to see you here, especially without-”, she paused to look around them, “-the throngs of girls that usually fawn over you guys”, she finished with a chortle. Everyone started laughing and in a second the ice was broken and the atmosphere was friendly.

“I see you guys have bought your tuxedos for the fall formal”, Dara piped in, and a couple of the guys nodded in agreement.

“I don’t know if we formally introduced ourselves,” Chaerin, ever the leader, began to say, “But we are 2ne1. I go by CL, the leader of the group, but my real name is Chaerin.” She pointed next to the small baby-faced figure next to her.

“This is Sandara Park, but most people call her Dara.” Dara cutely waved to them. Chaerin proceeded to point at Bom and chuckled.

“Our main singer, Park Bom the food lover.” Bom playfully smacked her, earning a few laughs from the guys. Finally, she pointed at me and I waved.

“This is our maknae Minzy, the dancer of our group.”

Everyone said hello, and from the guys side, a person, seemingly the leader of the group stepped forward to speak with a smile.

“Since you guys introduced yourselves we’ll do the same.” They all proceeded to line themselves up in a straight line, and I could faintly hear Dara restraining a giggle beside me.

“We are Exo, nice to meet you”, he continued with a wide smile.

“My name is Suho, one of the leaders of the group. This one“, he pointed at a tall person with fierce features, “-is the other leader, Kris”. Kris nodded and said hello. I quickly looked over to CL to see if I could see some reaction but Chaerin looked slightly confused at the sight of him. But it was all forgotten as Suho went on introducing the rest of his group. There was Luhan and Xiumin, who looked like the best of friends.Then it was Chen, Lay, Tao, Sehun, D.O, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Kai, who greeted the girls warmly. To be honest, it was a lot of names to take in for the first time. I was definitely going to get some names wrong for a while.

I was quiet the whole time and by the time they were finished introducing themselves, I was itching to ask Kai some questions. I looked around to see everyone chatting good naturedly, and I inwardly smiled. Everyone seemed to get along very well. I finally spotted him, who was on the side quietly observing everyone, and started heading towards him. As I got closer he noticed me and in a smooth milky voice said, “Hey, stranger”, and smiled a brilliant smile. I inwardly sighed.

No no no no. Don’t get distracted by his charm.

I smiled and proceeded to ask him in myr most nonchalant voice, “Did you get home alright yesterday? It seemed like you just, disappeared after I left.”

A look of surprised mixed with shock registered on his face for a millisecond before it disappeared again. It happened so quickly that no one would have noticed. But I did.

I knew it. There was something.

“Were you waiting for me then?”, he quickly shot back with a grin. It was my turn to be flustered.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter