Chapter 10

Silver Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kai’s heart stopped when he saw her fall. Shock paralyzed him before he could do anything to help.

“Minzy!”, I cried out but it was muffled by the pounding music. A distant thump could be heard and I rushed to the bottom of the stairs to see her body crumpled on the floor.

No no no please no.

I immediately grabbed her and holding her in my arms I checked her pulse. I found a feeble, weak pulse. I looked at her body and my stomach tightened. She seems to have broken a couple of bones. And she’s bleeding profusely from her skull.

.

Thinking about all the possible actions he could take, one immediately popped up in his mind. He was just praying that Luhan did not close off his mind tonight.

Not tonight please.

I called out to him and in a second I felt the familiar presence of Luhan in my mind and momentary relief washed over him.


 

What’s wrong Jongin?

 

 Hyung, Minzy’s hurt, she fell down a flight of stairs I need your help it’s an emergency

 

 

What!? Is she okay?

 

It’s looking really bad. Quick, find Yixing and both of you come here please


 

Mentally he gave him our location. I looked down at Minzy, who was out stone cold.

“You’re going to be alright babe just hold on for a little more”. A couple of excruciating minutes later, Luhan and Yixing arrived, breathless, to their spot. They looked at Minzy with shock.

“What the hell were you guys doing?” remarked Yixing, crouching down to examine Minzy’s wounds.

She’ll be able to dance again right?

A pang stabbed at his chest.

“It was my fault, I should’ve been able to prevent this. We were only getting some fresh air”, Kai was able to get out before his throat tightened. Luhan patted his shoulder.

“It’s not your fault Jongin it could’ve happened to anyone”, Luhan reasoned.

“It’s not too late right hyung?”

Yixing can heal almost any injury, but there were occasions when a wound had gone beyond repair; in most cases, when a person was really close to death. In those situations there was nothing he could do to undo the damage, for he might risk his own life. It’s a tricky thing, gambling with life and death. I stared at him anxiously for a response. He just frowned slightly. Then he spoke.

“She fractured part of her skull, and has a couple of broken bones all over her body, including her neck. A normal human would’ve been dead by now, but she’s still breathing”, he said, looking a little perplexed.

“Wait what? What does that mean?”, Luhan asked, glancing curiously once again at her.

“I don’t know. But I’ll be able to heal her I think”, he finished saying, looking at me with a determined gaze.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter