Chapter 11

Silver Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Are you sure she murmured that in her sleep?”

The words echoed around the living room they were all gathered in, amidst the tense atmosphere. It had been a couple of days since the clubbing incident, since he last saw Minzy. After contemplating about it he finally decided to tell the rest of Exo. Everyone shuffled uncomfortably in their seats, waiting for Kai to answer.

He'd been repeating the scenario over and over again since that night. From the club to the ride to Minzy’s house, he could remember every single detail. He briefly remembered the softness of her delicate hands as they held onto him in the car and inwardly flushing, quickly cleared up his mind.

“I’m sure of it. It seemed like she was having a nightmare when she mumbled it out loud.”

Conversations erupted from everyone in the room as everyone discussed what to do. It got to the point that he couldn’t hear anyone above all the noise.

“Guys, guYS GUYS, settle down for a second!”, Chen shook his head and clucked at everyone.

“So what does that mean for us?”, Tao asked.

As if on cue, Suho cleared his voice and grimly began to recount the story.

“As you all know, we are different from everyone around us.”

“We have silver hearts”, Kris stated further. Suho nodded.

“Hundreds of years ago there were more of our kind. Individuals with silver hearts and extraordinary powers. Powers beyond anyone’s imagination. They were kind and helped everyone, and so the world prospered. Then there came the period of darkness.”

Everyone stood still, hanging on to every word he said.

“People coveted those with the remarkable powers. Filled with mindless malevolence, they wanted the powers to themselves. So they went after the silver-hearted people. Hundreds disappeared and were murdered during that period. Many fled and hid. An organization rose to protect those who were left. It all became covered up.”

“Wh-what... did they do them?”, Chanyeol dared to ask. Kris grumbled.

“They took the hearts.”

“Do you mean what I think you just said?” Baekhyun whispered.

Kris slammed his fists on the marble counter where he was standing.

“Yes don’t you get it? We’re being hunted for our hearts.”

The color drained from everyone’s faces. I shuddered involuntarily. It was like being hit with icy water, a paralyzing fear that crept up my system. Of course, deep down we all knew the reason we were so special. We tended to avoid talking about it simply because it was still a hard fact for us to accept. A reality that was hard to swallow. To think about those, who like us, were cruelly murdered for their hearts. The thought of one us getting taken away one day is enough to drive one mad.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter