Chapter 3

Silver Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"But Lu Lu! Can't we just go ONE more time before we go home?” Xiumin pleaded to Luhan as he grabbed onto him. Luhan sighed as he stood his ground.

"No way, Baozi. You've been at the Dining Hall all week! You're tormenting all the cooks by eating everything they make", he said exasperated. Xiumin grinned as the rest of the Exo boys burst out in laughter.

It was a beautiful Friday afternoon, and Exo gathered after school to go home together. The only one missing at the moment was Kai, so the rest waited as they talked about their first weeks spent at the school.

“Just one more time Luhan. The food here is beyond delicious. We should’ve been assigned to this school sooner”, Xiumin muttered dreamily. He turned to Luhan with an intense glare.

“Will you take responsibility for depriving me of the food my body needs!? WILL YOU!?” he said dramatically as he dropped to the floor, looking like he was about to die. The rest snicker as Luhan sighed in defeat and gave in.

“Fine, let’s go quickly be-"

“Yes!” Xiumin shouted in glee as he jumped up from the ground. He grabbed Luhan and began to drag him to the dining facility.

“Y-yah! Don’t go so fast!” yelled Luhan. The rest stare is amusement as they watch the two disappear inside the building.

“Xiumin hyung has gotten better at acting lately”, D.O mused. They all agreed.

"He should come take acting classes with me. He’d be the ace”, Chanyeol commented.

At that moment Kai ran up to them, a little out of breath. It was obvious he’d been dancing by the thin layer of sweat covering him. He grinned as he took a breather.

“Sorry guys for being late. I lost track of time”, he said as he sheepishly rubbed his head. Kris patted Kai’s shoulder.

“It’s ok. We weren’t waiting long anyways. Let’s go home now. We’re going to have to drag Xiumin away from the buffet line.” Everyone laughed as they picked up their belongings and started heading out.

“You guys can go ahead. I want to dance a little more. Besides, I can get home much quicker than all of you.”

They all laughed as they understood what he meant.

“Arasso. We’ll see you at home then. We have a meeting tonight so don’t be too late. And make sure no one sees you. We don’t want any complications”, Suho, ever the leader, said sternly. Kai nodded in understanding. Suho smiled.

“See you then.”

 

__

 

When I couldn’t see them anymore, I turned around and starting walking back.

The weather today is really nice, I thought as I entered the building where my practice room was located. As I walked farther in some girls exiting their classes noticed me and overenthusiastically greeted me. I awkwardly greeted them back and continued walking a little a faster. It didn't help because more girls, like moths to a flame, started to notice, inching closer, flashing their fake smiles and fluttering their lashes in an attempt to talk to him.

“Iis this really happening again?” I muttered sarcastically as I backed up into a wall and started groping the wall for reassurance.

What do I do now?

An idea popped up in my mind.

“Look, Exo!” I suddenly exclaimed, pointing in the other direction. The girls excitedly turned their heads back to look the way Kai pointed, expecting the rest of the gang to be there, only to be disappointed when there was no one there. They turned right around to look at Kai, who was already at the end of the hallway, sprinting away. The fangirls in frenzy tried to run after him. Kai just chuckled as he easily outran them.

I can’t believe they fell for that.

By now he was running to the most far out rooms, getting completely lost in the maze of rooms.

After a while, after being completely certain that I lost them, I stopped to catch my breath. Looking around, there weren’t many people in this area. I wasn't even sure if I've been to this side of the campus yet. I noticed some people in their respective rooms singing, writing or playing their instruments, but it was not as busy as the buildings closer to the main facilities of the college.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter