Chapter 2

Silver Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The classroom was noisy with the usual chatter as everyone waited for the teacher. Today the students seemed to be more excited than usual. Ever since Exo arrived this past week and a half that's all everyone has been talking about. The whole school is curious about them. Girls swooned and wanted them while the guys wanted to be like them. 2ne1 as usual sat at one corner of the studio, stretching to prepare for class. I did my routine splits to warm up as I overheard some girls openly and overly praising them and spazzing over who to pick as a bias. I rolled my eyes as I got back up.

I bet they only like them based on their looks. Shallow people.

As CL and Dara effortlessly completed their warmups, Bom heaved a sigh as she slumped to the floor in defeat.

"There are at least a hundred other places I'd rather be than at dance class right now."

"You need the practice more than all of us", CL commented, and Bom pouted and continued to stretch.

At that moment the teacher came in, and everyone quieted down. Mr. Park, with his lavender neatly tousled hair and strikingly attractive appearance, turned to the class and gave his usual signature smile. The girls automatically smiled back, clearly smitten by him. Mr. Park is one of the most popular teachers at the school, as he is one of the best and youngest dance teachers. Minzy admitted that he was very talented. He's one of the very few teachers that could easily outdo me and that was an accomplishment on itself. He liked to push my buttons and trains me hard, which was a reason I liked this class the best. His down to earth personality makes him very well liked also.

"Guys, listen up. Before we start with today's lesson, I have some news."

They all perked up and gave him all our attention.

"As all of you have heard by now, recently there have been a group of students that have transferred here. Some of them have enrolled in this class now, and are coming in soon, so make sure to welcome them and be friendly."

As soon as he spoke those words the whole classroom burst out in conversation, eagerly anticipating the newcomers, which were obviously some of the members from Exo. I couldn't help but to also anticipate.

"Class, Class! Settle down", he chuckled and continued. "Let's start class. Today we will be learning and polishing pop lock techniques. And we'll finish off learning a choreography with these techniques". I could hear Bom groaning, and I had to muffle her laughter to not be heard.

This is going to be easy.

I heard her name being mentioned and looked up.

"What?"

"Minzy, being the class representative, I am well aware that you already know these things. So for this class you will help me demonstrate the techniques and the choreography to the class."

"Okay, Teach," I smiled as I got up and walked towards the front of the class.

"Let's start with a demonstration. Show us what you got, Minzy", Mr. Park announced as he played the track.

The hip hop track boomed throughout the room, and at once I felt at ease. The beat poured into my body as I started moving, entranced by the desire to move and express herself. Feeling electrified, I started popping and locking to the music, letting everything go. Forgetting about all of my problems. Forgetting that the whole class was watching, awed in admiration at her skills. The rest of 2ne1 smiled widely, proud of their maknae. But she did not notice all of this. She was simply enjoying her stage.

What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter