Chapter 12

Silver Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seek the one that bears the silver heart


An eerie voice suddenly whispered, chilling her down to the bone.


Minzy woke up gasping, her skin clammy and her heart pounding madly. Trying to calm her heart down, she layed back down, closing her eyes, slowly breathing in and out.

This was starting to worry her. She'd been having the same recurring dream since that night. The night she fell. But the dreams have been getting worse. Confusion swept over her, her memories a foggy haze.

Looking back on the accident, she couldn’t remember most of it. What she could remember was the pain. I mentally winced as if I could still feel it.

The pain blinded her when she fell. It washed over her in great tidal waves, drowning her. She tried to crack open her eyes, but it hurt. The pain seemed unending, to the point that a tiny part of her wished she was dead. Blackness shrouded her.

In the darkness then shone a bright light. The mysterious orb seemed to float in the corners of her mind, seemingly getting brighter and brighter.She awaited for what she thought was the inevitable.

 

Oh great, I am dead.

 

Hours seemed to pass by, and still nothing happened. The pain seemed to intensify and she was slowly running out of air. The pounding in her head was getting louder. The fact that she was in this situation in the first place angered her more than anything. Dizzy and partly disoriented, she glared at the white orb as if it was to blame for her downfall.

 

"Hello! Grim Reaper? Angel of Death? YAAA EITHER LEAVE ME ALONE OR TAKE ME ALREADY I’M TOO TIRED FOR THIS!"

 

In other circumstances, she would have thought her yelling at an imaginary orb of light would be extremely amusing and humorous, but she was too weak to laugh. Instead she groaned as drowsiness slowly took over. Congratulations Minzy you have just completely lost it. Just as when she thought to give in to the lull of eternal sleep, something started happening.

She gasped and took in lungfuls of air as a wonderful rush of relief spread through her body. Her body seemed to glow in bright golden hues and power surged through her body, electrifying her. Slowly she started regaining her strength, and soon enough the pain was gone. Am I still alive or dead? Too exhausted and drained of energy to worry about her state, sleep overtook her then.

The next day she found herself in her room, sore with bruises and hardly any memories of the night before.

 

The dreams started then. Sometimes she would dream of this voice. This voice that sung to her in her sleep. It was a gentle, soft voice that warmed up her heart. And the tender hands that made her feel secure. Like they protected her from some unseen force.

Her dreams would shift then. Suddenly she was in the woods, late in the night, running. The woods hummed with activity and chaos. She heard people running, shouting. Her heart hammered as she stumbled through the trees, finding a place to keep out of sight. She had no idea who she was hiding from, she just knew there was danger and that she needed to get away. That’s when she saw them.

Sinister beings, cloaked in black, brandishing weapons. They slithered smoothly through the foliage, smoothly blending under the moonlight. Her breath hitched as they glided past her unnoticed. She could clearly hear the sound of blades slicing through the air, of people screaming, crying out. She shut her eyes tightly, trying to block everything out. For unknown reasons her heart bled in agony, fear and sadness creeping up in her all at once.

She heard a twig crack and as she quickly looked back with horror one of them had found her. As it ran at her, weapon in hand, Minzy tried to cry out but terror paralyzed her. She always woke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter