Call To Mind

The Mortal and the God

 That was the first Na Eun has been touched like that. Her father said some men delt a bad hand and would want to ruin her innocence, but Taemin had done none of that. He made her feel things she could have never felt before she met him. He was so full of passion and love. Oh, love.
 He had muttered a soft ‘I love you’ before she closed her eyes in slumber. She also discovered something so beautiful about Taemin: he has wings. Shiny white wings that were normally hidden from her, but he was happy enough to show them off whilst they were love-making.
 When she awoke, the happy passion she felt inside dissolved as her husband was not there to greet her in the morning. But the happiness came back as she looked down at hands and a diamond ring was on her finger. Now she was officially married to Taemin.

 But she had not yet seen her husband. He came only in the hours of darkness and fled before the dawn of morning, but his accents were full of love, and inspired a like passion in her. She often begged him to stay and most times ask him to let her behold him, but he would not consent. On the contrary he charged her to make no attempt to see him, for it was his pleasure, for the best of reasons, to keep concealed.

 A month after, they lay by each other with their hands entwined and talking about the topic of family.

 “What is your mothers name?” Na Eun asked.

 Taemin shrugged. “Her names Yoona.”

 “Does she do a particular job?”

 “No, she is a. . . she’s a weaver.”

 “What about your father?” Na Eun scooted closer and rested her head on Taemin’s shoulder.
 “I have no father. My mother and father are divorced.”
 Na Eun looked at Taemin and immediately regretted asking that question. “Oh. I am sorry.” Taemin squeezed her hand in reassurance.
 “Do not worry. It’s not that serious. How about your family? What is it your sisters-” Out from the window, a night cloud had moved from in front of the bright moon and shined moonlight inside the room. Before it could hit them, Taemin rushed from the bed and against the wardrobe. He stayed right there until the moonlight dispersed and the room was plunged into darkness again. Na Eun frowned. “Taemin, it is not that serious.”
 “Yes, it is.” Taemin said as he set himself back on the bed. Na Eun crossed her arms. “I want to see you, is that so hard to ask for. You can not even let nature reveal you to me.”

 Taemin laid back down on the bed and said crossing, “Quiet or I shall leave early.”
 Na Eun curled her lip. How dare he be so rude for such a simple request?

 “Taemin,” He did not say anything and turned around so his back faced her. Na Eun’s jaw dropped. Now this was starting to be just a little immature!
Na Eun huffed and forced Taemin to lay on his back and she set herself on top of him. “Would you stop being such a child and listen to me, your wife.” she took a breath and Taemin sighed.
 “Why should you wish to behold me?” he said. “Have you any doubt of my love? Have you any wish ungratified? If you saw me, perhaps you would fear me, you have seen my wings. Perhaps even adore me, but all I ask of you is to love me. I would rather you love me as an equal than adore me as a god.”
 Na Eun was silent. His words always got to her in such a deep way. How does he do that?
 She softly moved her hands against his exotic wings and to his face. She had felt his face so many times and tried to imagine his face by the feel of his features, but his features felt so different then others, it was so hard to imagine him in her head. Almost impossible.
 Na Eun sighed and gave Taemin a peck on the cheek.
 She sat up on his lap and scratched her arm. “Taemin, may I ask a favor?”
 Taemin sat up and wrapped his arms around Na Eun’s waist and pulled her closer. “Anything.”

 “I have been quite family seek these days, realizing it now as we were talking about it now. Would it be too much if I could, at least, have my sisters come and see my new house?”

 Taemin furrowed his brows and looked elsewhere. “Well. . . I don’t know. . .”

 “Just for one day. I know how you like it when it’s just us, but for one day. They will only be here when you are not.” Na Eun pouted and slowly slinked her arms around his neck. “Please,” she cooed. She gave a long kiss on his lips and Taemin chuckled when she released him.
 “Oh, you enchantress; using those sensual spells on me.” Na Eun smirked.
 “Yes, you may have them visit. But only for the day time, they must leave by then so I may be alone with my wife.”

 Na Eun nodded. And your child. Don’t forget your child.


                                                      *
 So, in the morning, calling the Zephyrs, she acquainted them, with her husband’s commands, and they, promptly obedient, soon brought them across the mountain down to their sister’s valley.
 They embraced her and she returned their caresses. “Oh I am so happy to see you sisters! I have personally asked my husband to see to you.”

 “Oh, great.” Min Ah said. She looked around at the trees and green grass. She furrowed her brows. “But, where is it you and your husband resides?”
 “Oh,” Na Eun led them through the thin trees and across the small waterfall.

 “Come,” said Na Eun. “enter with me my house and refresh yourselves with whatever your younger sister has to offer.”

 Taking their hands, she led them into her golden place. The sisters gasped. How amazing that their younger sister lived in this wondrous house. Or palace. Or castle. It was so big, maybe even bigger then their parents castle. The sisters lived in three story houses with their husbands and it was potentially fancy. But when Na Eun described of the kitchens, the secret doors, corridors, library, and the art all over the house, they became envious of her. She obviously had a far more wealthier husband then they, even if he may be a monster.
 Later, they all refreshed themselves in her bath and was taken to the alcove for lunch.

 Whilst Na Eun was gone for a moment the sisters looked around the room in envy.
 “First popularity, and now wealth.” Se Kyung said. “How does she do it? Is it luck, is it a wish?”

 Min Ah shook her head. “No. This is all coincidence. It happens to many people.”

 Se Kyung banged her hands on the table and stomped her foot, like a child. “But you said this would all reside.”

 Min Ah shrugged, “In one way or another, that is what I said. But anyway, the happiness may be just a façade. After all, she did marry to some monster.”
 When Na Eun had returned, they both smiled and complimented her as they made her think they were just admiring her house.

 The sisters enjoyed sweets and sovereign meats with fruits picked freshly from a tree, served by Na Eun’s invisible servants. After eating they were entertained by one of the beings performing on an invisible lyre. Such elements over whelmed the sisters even more and they became more envious.
 Next, they asked her numberless questions, among others what sort of person her husband was.

 “Where did he originally reign?”

 “What are his family members like?”

 “What exactly does he do?”

 “More importantly, what does he look like?”

 Na Eun nervously got through those questions not so easily, saying that he didn’t say, or she didn’t ask him. Na Eun replied he was Taemin, a beautiful youth, who generally spent the daytime in hunting upon the mountains. Being sure of his looks but lying about his job, since he had yet told her what he does.
 The sisters were, of course, not satisfied with this reply and was now sure that she was lying. Min Ah questioned, “I am confused sister. A beautiful youth?”
 “Yes.” Na Eun answered.

 “Why do you look so un-sure?” Se Kyung asked. The two sisters leaned forward, there heads close and their piercing into hers. Na Eun stuttered, “Um. . . Uh . . .”
 “Don’t lie.” they said.
 That was when Na Eun cracked. She could never lie to her sisters. She told them everything. She had confessed of not seeing him, not knowing what he does for a living, and only knowing the basics of his family. And also revealing of her being pregnant with his bay. But her mistake was, she revealed to them of his wings and that’s when they took their chance to fill her bosom with dark suspicions and tell her the truth.
 “Call to mind,” Se Kyung said. “the Pythian oracle that declared you destined to marry a direful and tremendous monster.” Na Eun gasped. “No.” That couldn’t be true. She had heard his voice so many times and listened closely. Nothing of raspy ness appeared in it. He didn’t act direful to her, but like a caring husband like he should. But then, maybe that is why he hides himself; to hide that ugly face and his true nature.

 “Yes.” Min Ah said. “The inhabitants of this valley say that your husband is a terrible and monstrous serpent, who nourishes you for a while with dainties that he may by and by devour you, and your child.”
 They said, “Take our advise,”
 “Provide yourself with a lamp and a sharp knife;

 “put them in concealment that your husband may not discover them, and when he is sound asleep, slip out of bed, bring forth your lamp, and see for yourself whether they say is true or not.”

 “If it is, hesitate not to cut of the monsters head, and thereby recover your liberty.”
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 Note: I know this is a small chapter, but at least I gave ya'll something :)
  Just wait until next week for the next chapter. You guys are going to
LOVE it ;D


                                                                                 Holla back in the comments!
Imlucifer