My Place, My Servants, My Husband

The Mortal and the God

 The preparations for the princesses leave were made by night and done by morning. Word of Na Eun’s leaving had spread quickly to the city folk. Just the same as her parents they all left themselves to grieve and all refused her to submit. They had all waited all night in front of the palace to protest, but their was nothing they can do.
 Na Eun was dressed in such a dark blue that it resembled the late night sky. She had her hair in curls and had abandoned the tight flats that she had been given. There was no way the people could tell anyway; her dress was very long.
 Her mother and father dressed all in black; everyone did. It resembled more of a funeral then a royal leaving for the royal daughter.

 How sad it had seemed.
 But the thing was, everyone had heard of her marrying a hideous monster except for her. No one wanted to brake the news to her like this. It would probably add to some disappointment in her.

 Na Eun was completely prepared now. She made her way down to the first floor, where her mother and father waited so patiently. They held such sorrowful faces and it had made Na Eun grieve for them. Her early excitement to leave this place had disappeared when she saw those sorrowful faces of her people and her parents. How sad it had all turned for her. She actually wanted to stay, just so she wouldn’t see those sad faces, but the oracle had already heard of her submit. She has to go now.
 Sora wore her short black dress and had did her hair in a bun, while Leeteuk wore his all black suit.
 Na Eun took their hands in hers. “I am ready.”

 Sora and Leeteuk looked at each other and then bowed their heads. They silently led their daughter to the corridor and to the entrance where everyone stood waiting for them. No screams or chants were met from them, but a sad silence and woeful expressions.
 The family continued walking down the lane and the guards opened the gates for them. The towns people cleared a path for the royal family.
 The family started down the streets and through all of the buildings and houses that Na Eun would never see again. She looked up at the windows to see the little kids peeking out of the windows. One house in particular had three boys sticking their heads out the window. It was those boys who had to fling their presents in her window. And like that time that they did, the tallest of the boys threw something at Na Eun’s feet. She stopped for a moment to pick up what he threw. A rose. Like the rose that was hand drawn on one of the presents. The family continued to walk, and Na Eun looked back at the boys and gave a little wave. They all waved back and watched as her and the towns people when on ahead their way.

 The outskirts of the kingdom was actually a grassy land and beyond that, trees and exotic plants, and where Na Eun’s sisters resides from that point.
 Where the grasslands end is a heightened ground in the shape of a cliff. The cliff was right above a rushing creak and jagged rocks that could kill with even the slightest touch.

 Her parents sadly let go of her hands and gestured for her to walk upon the cliff. Na Eun gulped. Her parents had told her to never go to this cliff as it was very dangerous. A lot of people died right here from getting to close to it. But here she was, closing in so close to the edge. Na Eun refrained from looking down to that dangerous rushing water.
 She turned around towards everyone who watched her. No turning back now, she would never see these people again.
 Na Eun sighed and curtsied to her people. All the men bowed and all the woman curtsied. Some waved, some threw kisses, some shed a tear, and they all turned back to go back to their lives in the kingdom. Leeteuk and Sora waved a final goodbye and with sorrowful hearts returned home.

 Now Na Eun stood on the ridge of the mountain alone, everyone had quickly gone as they had come, almost like they disappeared. She was alone, which she didn’t want anymore. It was so quiet except for the sound of the rushing water and blowing wind. She was very high on the ground and there for very cold at this point. She now turned and dared to look down the ridge.
 She started to pant with fear. There was no where to go. What was she supposed to do now? No one told her how to get to her new place! Not even help from her parents, and she could not escape for she was to stay right here. But, stay right here, and then what?
 With eyes full of tears, but no sound of sobs, Na Eun fell on to the ground and hugged herself. Then she took a breath, which she could actually see by now, and laid down on the freezing grass looking up at the sky. The tears had blinded her sight and she refused to close her eyes as she was curious with what was coming. But she could not see what happened next.
 In her blurry vision, it seemed the sky was getting closer and she was getting higher, but the air was warm and inviting.
 She did not even realize. The gentle and kind Zephyr had started to giggle as the easily lifted the light princess and flew her into the sky. The fluffy clouds soon disappeared and she was carefully laid into some flowery dale. The Zephyr flew away in low whispers. Na Eun’s vision only fixed by one degree by she quickly composed herself. She crawled to the grassy bank and laid her head upon a soft mass of green leaves and moss. And fell right to sleep.



 There were flashes of her dancing, but in different places. There was her dancing in the rain, her dancing from tree branches, and her dancing in the corridors of her new home. Only then did she awake.
 Refreshed with sleep, she stretched and was met not only with lovely sunlight, but also was beheld near a pleasant grove of tell and stately trees. Na Eun slowly stood from the soft grass and entered threw the trees, and in the midst discovered a flowing water fall. She slowly approached it. It was sending forth clear and crystal waters. Looking at it, Na Eun realized how thirsty she was. She bent down to the softly flowing water and cupped her hands to gather some inside. She drank three gulps from the water and stood up feeling quite satisfied. She slowly crossed the water with the help of the rocks and she looked farther beyond. Fast by, a magnificent palace waited for her. Na Eun gasped.
She started to run towards the large palace and had a gap from the wonderful shiny white marble that nearly blinded her eyes.
This place could not have been done by mortal hands, but perhaps by one of the gods.
 Drawn by admiration and wonder, she hesitantly walked to the door and knocked three times. No answer. But then she looked up; silly her. There was the bell rope handing just behind the pillar. She reached up and had her finger tips upon the ringer. Then she jumped and tightly gripped the rope, and her feet had not touched the ground until the rope gave away and the sound of the bell rang. Na Eun jumped off and breathlessly walked back in front of the door. She held her ear against the door. No footsteps sounded. Na Eun frowned. But then she started as the door slowly opened by it self. Na Eun entered and released a gasp.

 Golden pillars supported the vaulted roof, and the walls were enriched with carvings and paintings representing beast of the chase and rural scenes, adapted to delight the eye of the beholder. Na Eun was presented with kings and queens, wonderful art of far away cites, and the indigenous paintings of the gods. The windows were open and blew warm air that made the silk white curtains dance to their song.
 Na Eun walked towards the grand staircase that led to both sides of the spiraling corridors. She giggled as saw the contents of a table; a cute little china set complete with little dolls dressed in kimonos. She lifted the tiny teapot and it was heavy and hot. Na Eun held the top and poured in into the tiny tea cup. Warm tea poured out. It was very strange but all the same, very cute. Na Eun sipped the contents of the cup and the flavor bursted from her tongue.
 Na Eun walked to the other small table and lovely roses were growing from the grand pot. She ripped one from the stem and added it to the one in her hair.

 She walked up the stairs to admire the whole floor loft.
 Whilst her eyes were thus occupied, a voice addressed her. “Sovereign lady,” Na Eun yelped. She had nearly fallen if she did not hold on to the marble rail. She gathered herself. “Who’s there?” she squeaked.

 “Sovereign lady,” they said. “all that you see is yours. We whose voices you hear are your servants and shall obey all your commands with our utmost care and diligence.”

 Na Eun nodded. “Okay.”

 The voice continued. “Retire, therefore, to your bath so we may prepare.”

 “Prepare?”
 “Supper awaits you in the adjoining alcove when it pleases you to take your seat there.” And the voice was gone.

 Na Eun walked up to the stairs and was taken by the wind flowing from a near by window. She walked towards it and the wind stopped just like that. Then a door down the hall opened. It must have been the bathing room.
 Na Eun scurried to the room and inside the big bath, shaped like a large bowl, was filled with warm water with bubbles. “You may enter.” a female voice. “After you are done, you may put on your close, sewn from the tired hands of old woman weaving.”
 Na Eun’s clothes lay on a wire hanging above the window.

 She started to undress and slowly dipped herself inside the water.
 As she slowly started to relax, a rolling table came near by the bath and the bubble bottle poured it self into her bath, along with the water filling in more of the tub. Bubbles started float from the tub and into the air. Na Eun giggled as the thousands of them multiplied.
 Na Eun held up her hands and caught one. It held perfectly in her hands until it popped.

 More warm water poured above her head and she felt hands rub into her scalp. It felt so very soothing that she closed her eyes.

 “Stand please.” the voice said.
 Na Eun did so and was poured on by more water. The three windows in the room opened and a strong wind blew inside. The blow wiped her hair back and forth and quickly dried the water from her skin.
 She realized that the bath was done and she got out of the tub.

 Na Eun wiped her feet with the towel and took down her clothes from the hanging wire. She held it up in front of her and was amazed by the exotic style of the design. It had a slightly poofy blouse with half a corset just below the part which was blue and had yellow stripes wavering down like the sea waves. The lower skirt was a deep purple and a matching sheet with small golden plates lined the edge. “What’s the occasion?” she muttered.
 “Your husband of course.” the voice said. Na Eun tried to hide her frown. “Oh.”
 She had forgotten. She had a waiting husband, somewhere around here.

 She first slipped on the dress, then wrapped the veil around her waist. She looked at herself in the mirror and a small memory replayed it self from when she was fifteen.
 She was walked with her family in the town streets, her sisters beside her, her mother and father behind them, and three guards following in tow. As they were crossing the street, Na Eun looked over across the street where the cathedral was. In front of the building, three gypsy woman were dancing to the music of a gypsy man playing a horn behind them. They wore colorful outfits that resembled the one Na Eun wore right now. She could also remember the distinct dance moves they did in flow on the music.
 Na Eun started to move her leg around and her body twirled after.
 The woman also had a distinct way of swaying their hips. It was almost like Latin dancing.
 Na Eun had practiced doing it for years, as it looked so exotic and pretty. She learned by breaking it down in her mind. She held her hand against her hip and muttered the words, “Up, out, down, in. . .” She did so with her words and did it all together. She did look exactly like the gypsy woman on the streets and many admired her body from then every time she did it with her dances. Her father had become jealous at the grown men looking at his youngest and had forbade her from doing it in front of men, but she still perfected it by herself now and then.

 “Time for your hair, princess.” the voice called.
 Na Eun shook her head. “No. I want to do it myself. There’s something I want to try.”

 “And that is?” the voice asked.

 “Could you get me two clasping rings?”

 Almost immediately the door opened and then reopened with two of the rings floating to her. “Thank you.” Na Eun said. She put the rings on her wrist and gathered her hair in her hands. She took one section in her hand and took the first gold clasp in her other hand.
 The clasp easily tightened in her hair and she did the same with the other clasp.
 “All done.” Na Eun said.

 “Then it’s time to go to the alcove, madam.” the voice said.

 This time she could hear her voices footsteps and it said to follow the sound of them.
 The alcove had a long dining table that was already filled up with food. Na Eun hasn’t eaten since breakfast. She’s actually really hungry now, but how is she supposed to finish all this food. It was covered with the greatest delicacies of food and the most nectarous wines. Na Eun sat down, prayed for the food, and immediately started to eat the meat. It was easy to eat through, almost cutting through like butter. The berries were sweet, the bread was buttered, and the servants were ever so kind as to take the plate immediately after she was done.
 Her ear to were feasted with music from invisible performers; of whom one sang, another played on the lute, and all closed in the wonderful harmony of a full chorus; of which Na Eun joined in with them.

 After the lovely and entertaining dinner was over, a voice called for her.
 “Madam, it is time to meet your wed.”

 Na Eun frowned. “Now?”

 “Yes. He is waiting in your chamber.”
 Na Eun nodded. The voice led her to the entrance hall and up two flights of stairs.

 “I am nervous.” Na Eun muttered.

 “Do not worry madam. This man, you will practically adore as a god.” the voice said.

 “Oh.”
 Soon they were at a large mahogany door with such peculiar carvings. This must have been her chamber, for the footsteps behind her stopped and disappeared completely.
 Her husband is right behind this door. Na Eun’s heart started to beat faster. She did not want to ruin her work on her hair now, it is not the time.
 Na Eun slowly turned the knob and opened a little crack of the door. She peeked in a little but couldn’t see anything yet. She opened more of it; she couldn’t see a thing in the room. “Hello.” she called. Na Eun entered the room. Not even the moonlight could light this dark room.
 “Please close the door, my sovereign lady.” a soft voice said. Na Eun held her breath. That voice must be her to-be-husband. She did as she was told and softly closed the door.

 She hesitantly asked, “Um. . . ’tis be my fiancé?”

 The voice chuckled. “Please, come sit with me on your bed.”

 Na Eun did so and sat closely to the edge of the bed. This man could be anything or anyone. She looked at the silhouette on her bed. No, she couldn’t tell who it was but her lay comfortable beside her. “You are my husband?”

 “Actually, yes. I am your husband.”

 Na Eun nodded. “What is your name, sir?”

 “Sir?” the man chuckled. “Please. So formal. Call me Taemin.”
 Na Eun nodded. “And may I ask, Taemin?”
 “Anything.”

 “Why is it so dark in here? Can we not see each other.”

 Taemin shuffled in the bed. “Actually,” Na Eun saw his figure sit up. “It is required that I see you, you do not see me.”

 Na Eun frowned. “What? Why?”

 “Actually, we are not yet husband and wife. It is tomorrow night when I make you my wife. I want so much as to do it now, but it is tradition that we do so the second night.”

 Na Eun nodded.
 Taemin sighed. “You are disappointed? Do not worry milady, I shall leave with this for tonight.” And she felt a pair of lips upon her cheek. Na Eun gasped and turned away, trying to hide her blush, although he may not see for it was too dark. She was distracted now.
 She heard a shuffle from behind and turned. Taemin was not here anymore.

 Na Eun’s disappointment over took her.

 What had just happened? Why had Taemin refuse to show himself?

                                                                                                      *

 Oh, what a wonderful sleep it was for Na Eun. It was like sleeping on a comfy cloud. Much more comfortable then her old bed.
 When she awoke, she had hoped that her husband had returned to sleep beside her, but she found the right side to be empty. That was quite strange, last night. How could a husband forbid his wife to see his face. Perhaps, he was of something else entirely. That she will perhaps be afraid of him if she had seen his face. Oh, how she was now curious of his identity!

 Na Eun heard her door open slowly and enter her invisible servant with a carrying cart with food. “Breakfast madam.”
 “Thank you.”

 The lid of the plate lifted to reveal sun-side eggs and sausage on the side, and a silver goblet filled with sweet cider.

 Na Eun slowly ate as she was still lost in thought of her mystery husband. How mind blowing of him to not let her see him. Mother and father would be other wise shocked, and her sisters would probably complain and say she will need a new man.
 “Miss, how was your sleep?” the voice asked.

 “Very fine, thank you. But. . .” Na Eun trailed off.
 “Yes, madam. What is it?”

 “Um. . . my husband. . . you wouldn’t happen to know. . .”

 “Your husband?” the voice asked.
 Na Eun set her fork down. “Yes. Do you know who he is?”

 The voice was silent for a moment, then said calmly, “I know not who he is. I am just here to follow orders and do your biding, as was his request.”

 Na Eun shifted. “Orders? He has given you orders? So you must have seen him once or twice.”

 “No.” the voice said simply. “Not at all. I am the same as you, he will not show himself to anyone, even a distant voice as me.”

 “Are you sure?” Na Eun persisted.

 “Yes madam.” the voice said.

 Na Eun could not believe this voice one bit. She raised a curious brow. “Are you lying to me?”
 Nothing. Just silence was her answer. Ah ha! So this person must have seen him. But how could just show himself to something that is not truly there? How unfair of him.

 Na Eun finished her breakfast and walked to her door, but she had not exited yet as the voice in her room gained confidence again and spoke to her. “You shall never see him, princess. He will not let you. And I shall never tell what he looks like or who he is. That is the order he has given to me, and to do as you say. That is all.”
 Na Eun pursed her lips and then walked off.



 The whole day she had ventured all around her house and have found that it is bigger then she imagined. The corridors were going to take a while to learn, as there were many different twists and turns, along with what Na Eun counted, five secret doors. One being the most interesting as it led to the attic, and another one behind a moving bookcase.
 Then there was the library. The bookcases had reached up to the ceiling and all that she could read was right there.
 Then she walked herself to the kitchens. It smelled of sweet aromas and fresh meat that would be cooked for dinner later. There was no movement in the kitchens as it was always like in her old home. A fellow voice had told her that they would start to move when she had felt hungry, for they always worked really fast. Na Eun had playfully tested the theory and asked for a sweet cake and within one minute she had gotten a full plate of the thing.
 She ate the sweet cakes in the back garden, where flowers always grew and died before her eyes. The dying flowers immediately turn to dust in the ground and grow fertile and grow new flowers. How. . . magical. This house was full of magic, it was now where as overwhelming for Na Eun, because this is what she wanted her whole life. To be near a magical place where she can play and never get bored. Hopefully this won’t change.
 For part of the afternoon, she danced in the large ballroom, with music provided by her invisible servants. Later she asked them why they were invisible to her, and they answered, “We were conjured to serve.”
 “By who?” Na Eun asked.
 They had not said anything more. Maybe that was a clue. Could they had possibly been brought up by her mystery husband? If so, he could have been a sorcerer or she had a god in her presence.

 By nighttime, she was given a new white gown, nothing suited for sleep. It was so white it could glow in the dark, it was covered in faint sparkles, and the skirt was spilled on with shiny gemstones and looked as if it was woven by snow.
 “Let me guess, for my new husband?” Na Eun asked.
 “Yes madam.” her dressing voice answered.

 “It seems a bit more for just a proposal.”

 The voice chuckled. This is the first she has heard one of the voices do more then talk. “Oh my lady, it shall be more then just a lone proposal.” Na Eun furrowed her brows. Taemin said that he would make her his wife tonight, that means he will officially propose right? What more is there?
 Na Eun has never been in a relationship before so she has no knowledge of how it works. She will only find out when he comes to her tonight.



 Na Eun waiting in her room late in the night. It was only past eleven, and Taemin had not shown. What could he be doing? Na Eun has been waiting since ten o’ clock. That is what the voices had told to wait.

 Na Eun sighed in sadness. Had he had changed his mind already? Or was he tending to something that was more important then her.

 A gust of wind burst from open window, and the fire in the lantern blew out. Na Eun gasped as she heard movement from her window. He was here. So he not changed his mind after all.
 Na Eun stood and turned to see Taemin’s silhouette right in front of her. She smiled. “I thought you had changed your mind.”
 He chuckled and took hold of her hands. Soft, strong hands. Gentle as they held hers, which were smaller in comparison.
 “I would never forget you, pretty lady.”
 It was a good thing that it was dark, or else he would see her heavily blush.

 “Taemin, you are just proposing, correct?” she tentively asked.

 “Oh sweetheart, I said I was going to make you my wife. There is more to it then me just handing you a ring.” He took a step closer nearly closing the gap between them. Na Eun nervously put her hands on his chest and now realized: he wasn’t wearing a shirt. As if acting on cue, Taemin grasped her hips and pulled her closer. Na Eun gasped. Her knees fell from her care and Taemin had to tightly wrap his arm around her waist and hold her against him, against his bare torso.
 Could it be that, what Taemin and the voice said, was to do. . . It? She started to shake her head and now Taemin was becoming concerned. “My lady, what is wrong.”
 Na Eun sobbed, “N-no, Taemin, no, I’m not ready yet.”

 Taemin furrowed his brows. “How come?”
 Na Eun sniffed and did not wipe her tears. “I’m scared.” she whispered.

 Taemin carefully lifted her and set her on the bed. He laid beside her, but with a space between them so she did not fear of him going in it right away. Na Eun continued to cry into her hands. “I’m sorry,” she cried. “I’m so sorry, but I am scared.”

 Taemin scooted closer. “It is okay. Woman are always scared on their first. It is normal.”

 Na Eun now started to wipe her tears and looked down at her hands. “I am sorry.”

 “Stop apologizing.”

 “No, I am. We are supposed to be wed, to go with your tradition of the proposal. But I am stopping you from doing so.” She sniffed.
 Taemin took her petite hand in his hand. “May I offer words to soothe your panic?”
 Na Eun nodded.
 “Yes, I know you are scared. But may I say, the experience is often the same within every woman. The feeling of pleasure with change you and make you bloom more faster then normally.”
 Na Eun sniffed. “. . . Will it hurt?” she asked, blushing.

 Taemin chuckled. He reached a hand and slowly caressed her cheek. Na Eun loved the feeling of it already. She set her hand on top of his and clasped her fingers in his hand. Now it was fine for Taemin to move closer. He scooted closer to her and Na Eun didn’t refuse him. After all, she can’t be afraid of her husband.
 “May I?” Taemin asked. Na Eun nodded.
 Taemin slowly pulled his face closer to hers and for a moment brushed his lips against her left cheek. And then he sealed it with a kiss. A soft peck at first, then attentively moving his lips against hers.
 Whilst kissing, A soft gust of wind blew from the window, moving the curtains away and letting the bright moonlight spill into the room. The light hit the faces of the kissing couple on the bed, but Na Eun pulled apart and opened her eyes when the wind blew away and the moonlight disappeared.
Na Eun was blushing furiously now. She awkwardly tucked her hair behind her ear and chuckled. She slowly lifted her hand to Taemin’s face and caressed it like he did to her. She was no longer afraid. In fact, she this time went closer to Taemin and kissed him more passionately. Again, there was wind and moonlight hit the couple. Na Eun took Taemin’s face in both hands and pulled him closer. Taemin wrapped his arms around her waist, completely closing the gap between them.
 He softly moved his hands to her back, grabbing hold of her zipper and moving it down. With the help of Na Eun, he slipped the top part down and was now moving his hands around .
 Na Eun moved back to set her feet on the ground and slipped the dress completely off. Only in her undergarments she quickly revered back to the bed and wrapped her arms around Taemin’s neck and pressed her lips against his again.
 There was heat and passion in their kiss and Na Eun happily accepted into going into this.
 Taemin laid Na Eun on her back and she gasped.
 “Don’t worry. No pain for you, only pleasure.”

 And that was what Taemin gave her. Not only pleasure, but something new Na Eun would have never thought she experienced: Bliss.



 Only until they were done, Taemin slipped Na Eun her ring while she was asleep, and left from her window at dawn with such a happy smile on his face.