Epilogue

The Mortal and the God

 The white marble formed designs and symbols all across the floor, the columns that circled the room, and the high rotunda that reached to the skies. Afar from the structure were the mountains circling them, and the clouds hovering about around the green grass. The in-and-outside of the rotunda were covered in the baby’s breath flowers. As well as roses twirling around the columns, and the rose petals scattered all over the floor. The marble of the structure gleamed brightly from the sun, which meant the mortals had the curtsey of taking the advantage of this bright and happy day. Below the skies of the rotunda, the people danced and sung in serenade to the gods and goddesses.
 Sora and Leeteuk danced among them happily. Sora twirled and dipped finely in her beautiful white dress and a white, purple, and blue flower in her hair, a remembrance of her three daughters. And Leeteuk wore his finest silver suit, and his silver, purple, and blue rings glowed in the bright lights. They were so happy of their beautiful daughter, part of the temple walls. The people threw their love flower, the rose, at the new picture of loving Psyche and Cupid kissing in the moon light, the night princess Na Eun became goddess Psyche. There was even a new painting of the other two sisters. Se Kyung and Min Ah on top of their tree and each holding a peach in hand. Their husbands had grieved at the idea of their wives gone and on to a bigger place above, but the two bonded over the grieving and were very close to having a good time. They had recently had their wives engagement rings sent to their door. They kept the rings in their pockets to feel closer to them.
 The woman and little girls wore their white dresses for Na Eun to the party, while the men wore different shades of red for Cupid.

 As the people continued their dancing and singing, Sora and Leeteuk walked hand with their priest by their side outside in the gardens. You could still hear the music playing from inside. 

 Sora looked up at the blue sky and sighed. “I miss them.”

 Leeteuk softly patted her hand. “We all do. That is why we threw this party. In remembrance.”

 “Yes,” the priest said. “The princess - pardon me, the goddess, will want you to be happy for her. This will be an amazing memory for all the people of the kingdom. Mothers and fathers will tell this story to their children until the end. I now I will.” The priest gave the kind and queen a smile.

 “We didn’t have a chance to talk to Cupid. Do you think he will take care of her?” Sora said, her eyes still up in the sky. 

 The priest said, “We are talking about the god of love, my queen. He will take amazing care of her. As well as his family, I bet.”

 Yes, he was right. Leeteuk and Sora didn’t need to say or show the thought they believed him. Because, they always knew. They had not told anyone of it, but together they dreamed the same dream. Cupid had come to them in a flurry of magic dust and clouds. He had told them personally, he will love and respect his wife forever. He will never let anything and anyone harm her, or their child. 
 Speaking of their child, they had heard of their daughter had finally had their grandchild. Their child was going to be beautiful and perfect just like its parents. Sora and Leeteuk did not know the name or gender of the child for now, but whatever it is, they were going to be happy with it and welcome him or her with open arms. When the baby is found out, the mortals will be the first to know. Cupid said the darkening of the leaves will mean it was a boy, or the lightest shower of rain where the flowers were growing again and there was not a cloud in the sky meant it was going to be a girl. The people on Earth are watching around every corner, waiting for those signs to come. But now, it’s time to descend back into the clouds. 
 High, high above the three, the fellow Zephyrs giggled as they flew fast in the clouds. They flew swiftly past the mountains and toward the rotunda just straight ahead. Taking it upon themselves, since they were the Zephyrs, they each grabbed the twined rose vines and flew with them tailing behind, making rose petals fall upon the floor. 
 One petal in particular, landed in the scarlet red of someone’s drink. But that person didn’t mind. He still took the drink and took a light sip. Now, this man is not alone. At all.

 Just as there was a party going on down on earth, the gods had no thought of passing this wonderful party. 
 Of course, what would it be? 

 A wedding banquet, special for Cupid and Psyche and their born child!

 Happy music sounded all around them. The gods and goddess danced around, occasionally switching partners with anyone that was dancing toward them. Tables were set, but there were barely any people sitting since everyone was such in a happy mood to dance. The ones to stop dancing were only taking a break to eat cakes and drink the sweet ambrosia to have the energy to dance again. So many vibrant colors glowed on the dance floor from the woman’s dresses and the men’s suits. 
 Liber, the Roman god of wine, served the finest of wines to his friends. Diana, or HyunA, the goddess of the hunt, danced around with the small children that had managed to find this party. One little boy in particular, had been sticking to her hunting arrows like his first toy he had ever gotten. Ji Hyun’s flowers kept falling from her hair as she continued to spin and twirl to the music, not showing a sign of dizziness. 

 At the largest table, which was made from gold and jewels and held the food, Taemin, now a husband and father, reclines in the place of honor, the top chair and embraces Na Eun in his lap. Geun Suk and Juno situate themselves likewise, and all the other gods are arranged in order. Sooyoung clapped along with the music, nudging her husband to do so with her. Geun Suk did not anyway and only watched, at the same time glancing around to look at the happy couple sitting on the high couch. 

 “It’s rather disappointing, my sisters couldn’t attend this lovely affair,” Na Eun said, looking at the children chasing each other. 

 “I know, unfortunately. If they stay out too long, they will wilt like flowers.” Taemin said, pushing her closer toward him. “They promise to come tonight to see the child. But right now, let’s enjoy being with friends.” Taemin waved.
 Na Eun turned to look at Krystal and Victoria coming toward them. Their depressing and dark demeanors had disappeared entirely. Their eyes looked light and alive, as well as their new tan skin. Even Krystal’s hair had turned lighter. No one even called them Worry and Sadness anymore. Today, Na Eun requested that they not attend the party as servants, but as her honored guests. So, Krystal and Victoria dressed in their prettiest dresses of gold and silver, along with little rhine stones for earrings. The two were holding a girls hands in between. She looked like she didn’t want to go where they were taking her. Na Eun couldn’t see her face for her chin was tightly tucked to her neck. Her hair was a silvery blonde, and she wore white robes that wrapped around her body like a snake. Her skin was pearly white, and she wore no shoes. Krystal was whispering excitingly in her ear. The three quickly came up in front of Taemin and Na Eun.

 “Goddess, we had just found this one lying around all alone watching everyone from afar. So, we just had to let you meet her,” Krystal said, squeezing the shy girl’s hand in reassurance. 
Victoria nodded in agreement. She leaned toward the girl’s ear and whispered, “Go on. Introduce yourself.”

 The girl hesitantly lifted her head slowly. Na Eun could finally make out her features. Her cheekbones were sharp but they complimented her round face. Her eyes were wide and brown, and her lips were full and pursed tightly. Her eyes blinked at the sight of the god and goddess in front of her. She only looked away nervously.

 “Who are you?” Na Eun asked, speaking softly so the girl would see no harm in her.

 The girl looked at her again, but not in the eye. “I. . .” she squeaked. She stopped for a moment to clear . “I . . . am Kim Hyoyeon. You’re Highness.” She did a small curtsy, the girls still holding her hands as if she was a kid that still needed help keeping her balance.

 Na Eun stood from her husband’s lap. “And where did you come from, Kim Hyoyeon?”

 Hyoyeon her lips, then said, “I had turned up here after running away from home, madam. I did not mean to intrude on your party, your Highness. Madam. Mistress.” Hyoyeon now gripped tightly at the sisters hands. She wouldn’t let go unless you used brute force.
 Na Eun thought her shyness was very cute, in fact. It reminded her of herself every time she had met a new god, or came across the great fields, or how afraid she was her first time meeting Venus. No, sorry, Yoona

 Na Eun nodded, understandingly. “Ah, so you are one of those. I should have known.”
 Na Eun took one of Hyoyeon’s hands carefully, to still show that she wanted no harm for her. Hyoyeon hesitantly let her take her hand, then the other hand. Na Eun clasped them both in hers, then closed her eyes and concentrated on Hyoyeon’s spirit, her psyche. She needed no training to learn how to do this. It was only one session with Jupiter and Juno, and she had it down within ten minutes. Now, with her own psyche, she could connect with Hyoyeon’s. As quickly as her powers could draw, Hyoyeon’s essence was making itself known. It was grey. A very murky grey, I might add. It stood for her emotions. Sadness. Shyness. Grief. Pent up anger that she never wants to show. What could have happened to make this girl feel this way?

 Na Eun breathed out a cool refreshing breeze in Hyoyeon’s face. Automatically, Hyoyeon felt all her worries disappear, and there was nothing but bliss. Joy and happiness. Her psyche turned white. 

 Na Eun smiled, then opened her eyes. “You will be fine here. Whatever has hurt you down on earth, it can’t hurt you here. Not under my presence.”

 Hyoyeon starred, amazed at the wonderful goddess. Then slowly, she started to smile. A happy smile Na Eun was sure she hasn’t done in a while. Hyoyeon started to have color in her cheeks, and her white teeth shown. “Thank you, goddess. You’re Highness. Madam. Mistress.”

 Na Eun sat back down on her husband’s lap, and his arm went around her waist. “I am Na Eun. Call me Na Eun.”

 Hyoyeon nodded, still starring in amazement. “Of course, madam. I mean, Na Eun. Thank you.” Then she scurried off, Krystal and Victoria trailing behind her.

 Taemin caressed Na Eun’s hair. “You are so good to people. I picked the right woman for a wife,” he said.

 Na Eun smirked and leaned in. “And I better be your only woman,” she said slowly and seductively. Taemin chuckled and went in to give his wife a loving and passionate kiss. 

 Suddenly, the music changed to a loud and dancey tune. To Taemin’s disappointment, Na Eun let go of his lips to see what was going on. The gods had cleared the dance floor to stand on the sidelines and watch the new entertainment. 
 The nine Muses, dressed in different styles of black clothing, were singing melodically at the same time moving slightly to the beat. Phoebus, Kris is his real name, sang along with them, with his lyre in hand and dancing around, doing a silly jig. A satyr was blowing the aulos, not moving in his stance. Fellow Donghae, whose hair had turned silvery white for the occasion, expressed himself with the pan pipes. In the middle of the performance, wondrous Venus entered in with her light brown hair in wild waves and three roses in her hair. She was wearing nothing but a long black see-through skirt, with a cut upon one leg, and wearing green leaves over her s while her white and full s hung out, earning quite a few whoops from her few of the gods, even the woman starred amazingly. 

 Na Eun’s jaw dropped when her mother-in-law started to dance in the most sensuous way possible. Doing flips, twirls, and shaking her chest so her s could bounce around like a couple of maracas. Taemin’s eyes bulged out when his mother twirled and twirled and one of the leaves fell off, showing her erect . Yoona shyly screeched and covered her s. 

 “No! More! Dance more!” someone yelled. 
 Yoona did so, dancing with one showing. Sooyoung, Sulli, and Heechul laughed loudly. Geun Suk raised a brow at her confident performance. 

 “Okay, that’s enough looking,” Taemin said. He took Na Eun’s face and bent her towards him so their lips could connect. Their lips slowly started to move together, hot and soothing. But then, they got interrupted, just as before. A long white sash appeared to throw itself at Na Eun and wrap around her waist like a cobra. Na Eun broke their kiss again. Suddenly, she was pulled into the performance with Yoona by the cloth. When she was in front of Yoona, whose whole chest happened to be bare now, the sash fell to the floor. 

 While Yoona danced she said to Na Eun, “Show me your best moves, young Psyche!”

 Na Eun laughed at the sight of her mother-in-law, obviously high from sweets and ambrosia. As excited and happy as she was right now, Na Eun did as she asked. She waved and twirled just the way she saw Ji Hyun did so. People started to applaud. 
 Yoona stopped dancing, put her hands on her hips, and gasped giving a sly smirk. “You are a goddess. You can do better than that.” Starting to dance again, Yoona leaned in to whisper. “I find it the most fun when you get a man aroused at a party.” 
 A hand shot out to grip Yoona’s shoulder. Yoona turned to see a serious looking Taemin. Yoona pouted. “What?”

 “Mother, don’t fill my wife’s head with nonsense. If I wanted to get aroused, we could go to the private rooms and fool around in there, not by her flaunting her chest to not one person but everybody.”

 “I don’t hear anyone complaining!” Yoona said enthusiastically. Rabidly bouncing around her s, more whoops came from the audience. 
 Then, Geun Suk stepped in. Her held the long sash in his hand, and took Yoona’s elbow in his other. “Stop dancing like this and put some clothes on.”
 When Yoona didn’t move fast enough, Geun Suk dragged her off to the grand table, with Yoona whimpering something like, “No one ever wants me to have fun. . .”

 Taemin shook his hand, softly palming his forehead.
 Na Eun turned to speak to him, but then she sensed something. Outside is where it was coming from. Which is strange, because there was no changing in the scenery. Only, her heart . . . fluttered. And then skipped a beat. Taemin must have felt it too, because she looked toward the sky, like it could give all the answers to everything. Which, it could, right now. Na Eun walked slowly, looking up at the sky. Taemin slowly followed after.
 The sky was blue, no cloud in sight after the Zephyrs went through it. Something was happening to the skies. And Na Eun knew what was happening. But, it’s to amazing to admit it. She didn’t say a word. 

 The music behind her died down. As Yoona tied her third knot of the sash around her body, covering her s, she stopped to look up too. Everyone did.

 Taemin reached out his hand. Just then, a drop of rain fell upon his hand. Two drops. Three drops. And the next thing they all knew, a light drizzle came pouring down from the skies. It was still sunny, though. Not a cloud in sight. Na Eun’s jaw dropped. 

 “Psyche,” someone called. Na Eun walked away from the edge of the rotunda and to the center, where a path had cleared, on the other side to reveal Siwon beside Taeyeon, who was holding a bundle wrapped in white cloth in her arms. Na Eun could feel her heart about to beat too fast. Taemin put his hands on her shoulders, giving a smile. 
 Taeyeon and Siwon started to walk towards them, Taeyeon holding the bundle lightly in her hands. They walked on and on until they came in front of the two. 

 Taeyeon smiled at the raining skies. “I believe we did a good job. Na Eun, your baby is healthy now. She will be perfectly fine.”

 Na Eun felt a tear fall down her cheek. Her baby was healthy now. The tuberculosis couldn’t get to her. Her. Na Eun and Taemin’s daughter.

 Taeyeon handed the bundle to Na Eun carefully. As she took it wholly in her arms, Taeyeon started to sing.

You’re my only one way
Only for you -
I am thankful that I am next to you
You’re the only one babe
You taught me love in this harsh world -
I am happy with you alone



 Na Eun slowly started to un-wrap the bundle, which revealed a small little child, which had pale skin. Her grey eyes were slightly open, her pink tongue stuck out slightly, and she moved and made little sounds at the sight of every new thing. Another tear came down from Na Eun’s eyes.

 

Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven
Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven
If we’re together, we will never cry 
never never cry




 Taemin reached out a finger, and their girl wrapped her little hand around his finger. Taemin smiled. “Look at that. Our little girl.”

 

Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven
Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven
Forever, together – never gonna be alone



 Na Eun had never felt so happy. She and Taemin had made their own daughter together, and even though it was tough, it was worth it to have this little bundle of joy to come into their world. A river of tears started to come out now. 
 Donghae started up with his pan pipes again, adding music for the moment. Kris did the same with his lyre. Soon, Siwon started to sing.


Heaven
my only person,
yes the person who will protect me
Any sadness, any pain if only I’m with you
I’m not jealous of anyone else
hold my two trembling hands
Because the reason I live is you



 Behind them, Sooyoung was crying in a small tissue. Geun Suk comforted her with his arm wrapped around her shoulders and leaning his head on hers. Krystal, Victoria, and Hyoyeon watched from afar and smiled. Everyone was enraptured in the moment, some crying, some smiling, and some just starring proudly at the couple. 
 “She’s beautiful.” Sulli stepped from the crowd and beside Na Eun. She reached a delicate finger on the top of their daughter’s little head. “She’s already growing little hairs.”

 Yoona attentively stepped behind them, looking at the tiny girl. “Can I hold her?”

 Na Eun sniffed and wiped her tears as she handed Yoon her baby. Yoona handled her with care, even looking at her normally, not with sharp and watchful eyes. 
 “Hello, little one,” Yoona said to the baby. “It’s me. Grandma.” The baby squirmed in her sheets. Then slowly, lifted her hand to hold her grandmothers hair. Then, there was the sight of the Yoona everyone had known before. Before she started doing all the madness before Na Eun had come. Only peaceful and loving Venus was right there in front of them.

 Taemin smiled. “Mother.”

 Yoona blinked, letting out a few of her tears. She looked at Taemin. “Yes?”

 “Your back.” Taemin said simply.

 Yoona grimaced at him before looking back at the child in her hands. “I want to see how you turn out, with this crazy person for a father.”

 Giving the baby one last smile, she handed her back to Na Eun. Na Eun carefully took her in her arms. As she did, she walked to the top couch and sat down gently, with Taemin walking to sit down next to her. Everyone else followed, seating and standing around them. 

 “She’s so pretty. I can’t believe she’s ours,” Taemin said, caressing the girl’s tiny forehead with his finger. 

 “I can,” Na Eun said. She looked at Taemin. “I’m glad she’s ours, and since she was born from the Breath of Life and god of love, I can’t expect her to become any less good then what we have to give her.”

 “And we’re going to make it happen,” Taemin followed.

 “Together.” Na Eun finished.

 The baby was theirs. And they were going to raise her happily, together. And with the help from all their companions. 

 Taemin looked at his baby. “So, what are we going to name her?”

 Na Eun never thought of names. She didn’t know what to name her. What would be a perfect name for their baby?

 “Might I suggest something?” Everyone turned to see Donghae walking forward, putting down his pipes.

 “What would you suggest, Pan?” Taemin asked, narrowing his eyes at the god.

 Donghae shrugged. “Well, the mother is the breath of life, and the father is the god of love, so I say it would be appropriate to name her. . . Voluptas. Or Pleasure if you will.”

 “Pleasure?” Na Eun said.

 “Yes,” Donghae said. “Or Amor if you suggest. I feel they roll off the tongue just right.”

 “Mmm, Pleasure. . .” Na Eun murmured. He was right, it did roll of the tongue just right. And it did fit for Psyche and Cupid’s daughter. Everyone would never be able to forget.
 Na Eun looked to her daughter and said, “My little girl, Pleasure,” 

 The little baby giggled and smiled at the sound of the name. Taemin raised his eyebrows in surprise. Na Eun looked at him. “Pleasure it is.”

 Taemin pursed his lips, then shrugged. “Fine. We have her goddess name up.”

 “What would be a good regular name?” Yoona asked, leaning in to get a better look at the baby, Pleasure.

 Na Eun tilted her head. Mmm, regular name . . . regular name . . . 
 That was when a thought came to Na Eun’s mind. She had a friend once outside the palace when she was seven. She had met the girl when her horse had went crazy and crashed into a nearby lake. A girl with black hair, tattered dress, and barefoot sat by the lake when she saw the horse skirt in front of her. Na Eun fell off her horse. After that, the girl went to help Na Eun with her scraped knee. Her family was so hospitable. She had thought she had made an actual friend. Until she found out that friend drowned in the lake.
 What was her name again? Yu . . . Yu . . .

 Na Eun gasped. “Yuri.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 The End! 

 Did you guys enjoy the story? I know you did. I have so many subscribers for this story! Thank you to all of you for sticking with Taeun and this story for the past . . . what? 8 months? Kind of short. I heard the couple is ending in mid-January. What do you know? It made good time with my story. 

 Well, this is the end.
 


 Love yall! Happy New Year~

                                  

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________


                                                 Stay tuned for the sequel of The Mortal and The God

                               
Coming to you soon, probably right after Taeun We Got Married episodes end :)
                                                                                        See You there~