Envy

The Mortal and the God

 Being practically a goddess. That would explain being so casual with all the gods. And that animal that said it knew her. Well, not knew, but could probably sense that she was a goddess. And unofficial one, Naeun thought. And who would have thought that her unborn child would be her savior. Na Eun thanked the heavenly child in her belly. 
 And the fact she was part of those temple portraits.
 If she could talk to Venus, would she let her call her by her real name? She could only dream of it, for it was not the actual case in the goddesses mind.

 Sooyoung and Na Eun walked along the hundreds of flowers of the field and to the second mountain just near Sooyoung’s temple. Venus’s temple was much bigger then Sooyoungs, and made of material she had never seen before. It looked like smooth stone, but as Na Eun caressed one of the columns, it just wasn’t that.
 As they crossed the threshhold, the guards bowed to both of them in respect. Na Eun turned to bow back, but Sooyoung made no such move and ignored them.
 They walked through the perfectly carved wooden doors and was now stepping on pearly white floors. The golden walls were decorted with spiriling designs, and paintings of the goddess were hung around the walls. One showed of her birth, her ruling the Earth, her with her son. At that painting, Na Eun looked away. The windows had curtains made of velvet, and across the room, was the golden throne with dazzling jewels, and was raised upon two platform. Na Eun awed at the place and turned to walk towards the curtains but Sooyoung grabbed her hand. “It is best to not stray while she’s in the house.”
 Why did it sound like a warning from her. Na Eun nodded and stayed put.

 Sooyoung waved over a guard. “Fetch Yoona for me please, she has a visitor here to see her.” The guard nodded and turned to walk. Sooyoung called, “And tell her that Ceres is with them.”

 Na Eun tapped her shoulder. “Is Taemin here?”

 Sooyoung nodded. “Yes. I hear he’s recovering from an accident.” she gave Na Eun a look. “I believe it’s from being burnt from hot oil.”
 Na Eun blushed. If it wasn’t for that arrow, she wouldn’t have lost her control over her hands and feet.

 Sooyoung set a reassuring hand on her shoulder. “Don’t worry. I’m sure it wasn’t on purpose. People always lose control when being hit by one of Cupid’s arrows.”
 Na Eun widened her eyes. “You know about that too?”

 Sooyoung shrugged. “You know what they say: nothing gets past the gods.” she sighed.

 “Oh how wonderful to have company!”

 Na Eun gasped. There she was, right there with the guard. Her hair was tied in a small bun, and she wore a long one shoulder red velvet gown. It sparkled in the light. She looked like a true beauty. Really, how could anyone compare Na Eun to her? She may have sounded happy, but her face showed how sad, or upset she was. Na Eun too hold of Sooyoung’s hand and hid behind her. Good thing Sooyoung’s so tall.
“I was tending to my work when suddenly,” Venus waved the guard away. She stepped in front of Sooyoung, looking her up and down and putting on a mischievous smirk. “The lovely harvest queen shows up.”
 Sooyoung showed no expression of being insulted and smiled. “Good day, Yoona?”
 Yoona took a pin from her bun and let her long, brown shiny curls role down over her shoulders. “Well, first of all I was lying.” Yoona chuckled darkly and threw the pin over her shoulder. “There was no work. I was just saying things. Dressing up usually makes me feel better.”

 “Not working?” Sooyoung asked.
 “Of course not.” Yoona spitted. “I don’t feel like having company.” Yoona sighed and raise her chin. “So why are you here? Who is this ‘guest’ you brought me.”
 Sooyoung suddenly didn’t want to reveal Na Eun to her. Yoona was in one of her moods, again. She could have different reactions to situations, so she didn’t know how she would react to her.

 Sooyoung sighed as she squeezed Na Eun hand, motioning her to come on.
 Na Eun took one step, two steps, three steps from behind Sooyoung.

 Yoona gasped, and stepped back from her, like she was a leper. Na Eun bowed to her. “It’s very nice to meet you, Venus.”

 Yoona narrowed her eyes to Sooyoung. “What she doing here?”
 Sooyoung said nothing. She figured Yoona already knew without her telling. But then, Yoona’s face turned a bright red of fiery, anger, malice. She starred at Na Eun silent, unmoving with her arms crossed, her eyes narrowed, her lips in a tight line. “Yoona?” Sooyoung whispered. No, Yoona has never been this angry. It was like seeing the red queen before her eyes, Yoona’s face turning as red as her dress.
 The emotion didn’t pass from Na Eun. She didn’t look at Yoona, but rather trying to explain herself while looking at her shoes.

 “I’m sorry to show up here, uninvited your majesty. But, I have traveled long and hard to get here and ask for your apologies and permission.” Na Eun looked up. Yoona’s face was still the same, angry. But this time she spoke, her voice dark and muffled like thunder. “Apologies? Permission?”
 Na Eun nodded. “I am sorry, for everything.” Rather shakily, Na Eun stepped forward. “I did not mean to take my people’s paryers, presents, praises, from you. It was all so unexpected, and I-” SLAP! Na Eun fell hard on the pearly floor. Sooyoung gasped as she heard the sound like thunder.
 Yoona starred down at the princess. Na Eun wept as she covered the goddesses hand print on her face. It was red and burning.

 Yoona received her sobbing with angry countenance. “Most undutiful and faithless of servants,” she spittied. “do you at last remember that you really have a mistress?” Yoona gave a mocking look of saddness. “Or have you rather come to see your sick husband, yet laid up of the wound given him by his loving wife? You are so illfavored and disagreeable that the only way you can merit your lover must be by dint of industry and dillegince.”

 Sooyoung strode over to Yoona. “Now just wait a second.”

 “Yes! You are right!” Na Eun yelled. She looked at the goddess with eyes full of tears, and her hands gripping her dress. “I am an abomination, I should be forced to be frowned upon. I deserve punishment.”
 She was falling into submission, where a mortal can not do anything but beg and grovel to their god. Na Eun didn’t know what she saying, it was like she was under spell.

 Yoona chuckled darkly. “Oh, you will get more then punishment.” Yoona grabbed Na Eun by the shirt and started to pull her. Na Eun screamed as Yoona strarted to pull hard on her hair. She dragged her across the floor, pulling long, bloody strands and Na Eun’s hair.
The guards and maids that were amongst it looked in horror, but being fearful that the goddess would turn on them too, they all ran away from the threshhold.

 “Yoona!” Sooyoung screamed. She tried to grab Yoona’s arm and shake her off of Na Eun’s head. “Stop!” Yoona looked at Sooyoung with bloodred eyes.
 “Don’t do this to her. She deserves your condolence.”

 “She deserves to be punished!” Yoona took hold of Na Eun’s head and bashes it into the floor.
 Sooyoung could not take it anymore. She flung her arm around Yoona’s neck and tore her from Na Eun.
 Na Eun yelped as the searing pain of a headache hit her hard as a punch. Her hair was slightly bloody and matted. Her face was red and covered in tears. She thought she would never know pain once Taemin had left her, but now she realized that this physical pain was much worse. Her stomach burned and she was starting to cough again.

 Sooyoung held Yoona against the floor, her hands held behind her back and her knee pushed into her spine. Yoona grunted, “Let me go!”
  “How dare you attack a pregnant woman?"

 Yoona tried to push Sooyoung off of her, but she was stronger then her. “She deserves torture for ruining me. She deserves punishment!”

 Sooyoung held her tight. “You forgot something. She is part of us, a goddess, part of our family.”
 “She will never be part of our family.”

 “What would Taemin say?” Sooyoung looked back at the heaving Na Eun. She gasped. She could clearly see something was more inside her then just a baby. She looked so fairly sick. Sooyoung leaned in and whispered. “You can’t just destory her. It would all be devastating to him.” Sooyoung let go of Yoona.
 They both stood, Yoona starred at Sooyoung with unsure eyes.
 “He still loves her.” Sooyoung whispered.

 Yoona gripped her dress. “Don’t you dare bring him up.”
 “He’s already involved.”

 Sooyoung looked back as she heard a gasp behind her. Na Eun was starring at something in her hand, but the sight was consealed behind her messy and maimed hair.
 Yoona scowled. “I mock you for conceiving a child, in this sham marriage.”

 “I. . .” Na Eun started. She stumbled as she stood up on her feet. She romoved her shoes. She sighed as she starred right at the goddess, angry mirroring hers. “And I mock you goddess, for thinking I couldn’t possibly love Taemin. He married me for a reason, made love with me for a reason. And as for you, envy is a deadly sin that could get you into a bad place.”

 Yoona dropped her jaw, and Sooyoung fought the need to laugh. No one has ever stood up to Yoona but Mercury and Jupiter. Looks like this ‘compitition’ is just for beauty, but for courage. And that courage didn’t pass by Yoona. She had never been spoken to like that, not from a servant let a alone, a mortal.
 “Why. . . Envy?” Yoona gasped. “You think it’s envy that I. . .” she trailed off.

 Sooyoung faced her, raising a mocking brow. “Looks like someone else could see through you just the same. She really is one of us.”

 Yoona gritted her teeth. Oh how she wanted to strangle Sooyoung so much, but she knew she wouldn’t win against this much stronger goddess.
 She grunted, “Worry! Sadness!”

 Down the hall, two young woman in all black maids outfits walked up to them. One was rather tall and dark brown hair. The other was a little shorter and had strawberry red hair. They both had long, black bags under their eyes, like they haven’t eaten or slept in days.

 Yoona gestured to Na Eun. “You know where to take her.”

 The two girls hooked each of their arms to Na Eun and led her away from the goddesses. Sooyoung threw her a sympathetic nod, while Yoona starred at her in more displeasure then ever.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

THREE FREAKING UPDATES A DAY! I am so sorry yall. So the story goes that I had no cable for a seriously long time, so that meant no internet. I was so worried about this story, you have no idea.
Please forgive me for my sins!! I hope I made up for it for giving you guys like three updates. Dang. . . I'm tired.


Ya'll enjoy ya'll day(or night). I'm gonna take a nap. . . . . . . . Oh Naw!!! I got to update one more story. . .