So Unlawful A Beauty

The Mortal and the God

 The birthday party ended with cake, dancing, and a wonderful solo from their princess singing ‘Life is my Own’. It was quite hard for the whole kingdom to leave their princess, but was encouraged to leave with the help of the guards. A couple of servants had to take almost an hour to pack all of Na Eun’s presents onto a carrying carriage. This party had lasted until eleven o’ clock and Na Eun was really tired. She had played her instrument, danced, and sang for everyone. Nothing could disappoint these people so she didn’t have to act to perfect. Although her mother had struck her with a stern look, Na Eun had filled her cheeks with berries, daring to imitate a chipmunk. Instead of disapproving looks from others, they actually laughed at her and called her ‘cute’. Nothing could suppress them. That was actually expected.

 Her and her family rode back to the castle on a carriage and as happy as her sisters, mother, and father were, she just wanted to go to bed. Lie her head against her pillow and fall into a deep slumber. Actually, that’s usually the best part in Na Eun’s day; the sleeping. She thought the best days of her life was in her dreams. She dreamt of anything that was impossible in this world, even in the world where the gods were. One time she dreamt she was in the meadow of dragons, ones that could take her on rides and she could stare at the kingdom from above. Then there was living in the clouds by herself, enjoying the view and happily jumping from cloud to cloud. Then there were the times she would dream she was just another servant or commoner in her kingdom. No presents, no singing, just a calm life around everyone else.
 The family happily got off the carriage and walked inside their castle. Min Ah slumped on one of the couches and sighed. “That was the best party ever.” Se Kyung sat beside her and looked at her youngest sister. “It was your birthday party Na Eun. Was if fun for you?”

 Na Eun quickly put a smile on her face. “Of course! It was really fun.”

 Leeteuk held her hands and grinned at her. “I really enjoyed your performances. I must say, it was you that led me in that dance.” Leeteuk started to slowly sway his hips, Na Eun following in tow and they both burst out laughing.
 Then, Na Eun sighed and let go of her father’s hands. “May I go to bed?” Leeteuk tilted his head questioningly.

 “Do you feel sick?” Na Eun shook her head.

 “No. Just tired.”

 She bowed to her family before walking away and up three flights of stairs. As she entered her room, an old maid was dusting her shelves and another one was tending to her books. As they heard her come in they immediately stopped what they were doing and bowed to her. Na Eun bowed back. “Hello.” The two maids walked tentively to her.

 The old, middle-aged woman spoke first. “Would you like for us to dress now princess?”

 Na Eun shook her head. “No thank you. I’ll do it my self.” Na Eun started to the hem of her dress but the other woman quickly grabbed her wrist, stopping her. Na Eun looked at her and the woman quickly shot her hand away. She bowed apologicly to her. “I am so sorry princess. It’s just that, it is required for the servants to dress the royals for them. We wouldn’t want you to waste precious energy.”

 “Well, thank you for your concern but my energy is already drained so, I think I’ll. . .”

 “Let us take care of it. Please,” the maid said quickly. Na Eun sighed and quickly took off her shoes. She stood straight and held her arms out. The maids carefully started to undress her. Then, they helped her with her long silk night gown and they quickly left the room.

 Na Eun was exhausted. She tucked herself inside her covers and as soon as her head came in contact with the pillow, she fell right asleep.




 Taemin was flying right above the kingdom. It was quite dark but he could still make out the many buildings and houses that lay quiet below him. He had made a stop at the chapel, as to see his memories flow back to him. The chapel was the first place he went inside the first time he came to Earth. His personally had introduced him to the archdeacon and the priest. The chapel was made of stone and had glowing stain glass windows. But now, it looked so different. There were flowers strews on the ceilings and inside, the pews had been pushed aside and had made the floor look much larger. It was like you could plan a ball inside.

 Every light in the city was turned off, only the sounds of the night hovering in the air, along with Taemin and his glowing white wings.
 He could easily see the big white castle as it was away from everything else, as well as being guarded by a golden gate. Taemin slowly lowered himself to the ground and looked up at the magnificent castle. It wasn’t nearly as big as his own home, but it was grand. He wanted to see more of it. He walked along the perimeter and had come across a horse shed. One horse in particular that caught his eye was a large brown one with a ribbon tied to his mane. Taemin narrowed his eyes. He didn’t like it when these mortals try to dress their animals. If they were born , that is how they should be. Taemin slowly approached the horse. The horse stood up and quietly whinnied. “It’s okay. I just want that ribbon out of your hair.” Taemin softly rubbed the horses muzzle and it was suddenly quiet. Taemin quickly ripped off the ribbon and threw it on the ground. He pointed to the horse. “Don’t let people put things on you again.” The horse whinnied and nudged Taemin on his red robes. Taemin patted it’s muzzle before flying up to the castle. Now he has to find the princess.

 He stopped at the first window and was only met with an empty hallway. He flew all the way to another window. There was someone sleeping inside. A girl was sleeping inside. She wasn’t the girl who Taemin was looking for, but she was really pretty for a mortal. Another window. Now he was met with a man and a woman entwined in their bed. This must have been the king and queen. Taemin shook her head.
 He landed to another window and looked inside the room. Who ever was sleeping inside, they had their head covered and their breathing sounded quite hallow. Now was the time Taemin could use his glamour. That was when he turned invisible. He slowly entered inside the room. The persons fireplace was lit but the moonlight was what lit up the room. At least five bookcases lined the walls and they were completely filled. Taemin looked at the bed. It was so white. At least twenty pillows crouded the headboard, and the sheets were so fluffy, like a cloud. Taemin slowly walked to the bed. The person was still completely covered. Taemin carefully pulled the sheets from the persons face and started. This was her. This was the princess.
 He pulled the covers farther down to reveal her marble skin and thin torso. Her eyes seem to flutter from her dreaming and her lips were slightly parted. Taemin really was starting to feel something now. Not only is he feeling content of her beauty, but then he is feeling pity for her, for what he is about to do to her is other wise so deadly. He hastily took his vases from his pocket. It was easy to identify the sweet and bitter waters. The sweet was clear while the bitter a light shade of green. He took the top off of the bitter water vase and shed a few drops over her lips. Her lips quivered at the touch but she still did not awake. Taemin sighed. He reached behind him and took out one of his arrows. He carefully touched her side with the point of his arrow and that was when Na Eun stirred. Taemin stepped back but stumbled upon his feet, and his arrow scraped against thigh and he yelped with pain. He fell on his back and Na Eun woke with a start. She looked around the room and at that moment, made complete eye contact with Taemin.

 They were actually starring at each other.

 Taemin looking at her, but Na Eun not seeing him but still looking at him. Taemin’s heart started to beat really fast and another feeling was overwhelming inside him. It must have been the wrong arrow for him to use, because it must have been one of his love arrows. He had fallen for her beauty but now he had fallen for her everything. Little of her personality he already knew, and now he wanted to know everything about her. And how he can get her to be his. But right now is not the time. Na Eun was starting to get up from her bed, her tied hair dragging itself on the bed.
 Taemin quickly got up from the floor and ran to the window and out into the sky. He stopped and looked back. The princess had not come to the window, probably thinking the thing that happened was just a figment of imagination. Taemin felt so bad now. Now he wanted to repair the mischief he just caused.
 He flew back into the room and the princess now lay awake in her bed. She starred quietly at the ceiling and she then she suddenly took in a breath. She started to take her hair and shakily started to braid her hair. Taemin took out his sweet water and took a careful step toward the bed. Na Eun continued to braid her hair still. She couldn’t hear him through her thoughts. Taemin walked carefully to her an took the lid off the vase. He started to pour droplets on to her jet black hair. It looked shinier then it was. Then he carefully poured a drop of water into each of her eyes, and on her lips. Oh, how he wished he could touch those plump lips. Na Eun stopped braiding her hair and felt faint. She quickly fell back into a deep sleep. Taemin breathed in a breath of relief and climbed back out of the window. He got rid of his glamour completely, letting his large white wings shine like the stars, free for anyone to see him.

 He realized now he had failed his mother’s task and has to do the other as to give his mother the satisfaction. The princess is to be wed with a hideous monster. But maybe that won’t be completely it.