Prologue

Final Riff

A woman started loading her books, pictures and other things on her desk to a large box. She carefully wraps the frames and other breakable things in a bubble wrap before putting them in it. After finishing that section of her room, the woman stood up and stretched the stiffness from her arms away. She spanned around and looked all over. Her room was pretty much empty now and the once colorful room with furniture and assorted stuffs were replaced by stocks of boxes and bubble wraps. Judging from the remaining stuff she hasn’t yet packed, she assumed that it will only take one more box to finish her work. Not wasting more time, she picked up the box from the corner and headed to the last bits of her things.

 

In the middle of her packing, she came across with a big, black book on the backmost part of the closet. She gently took it out and examined the outer cover. Upon seeing it, a smile curled up on her face as she remembered what was in that book. She looked at her watch and checked what time it is and seeing that she have a couple of hours, she decided to take a rest from packing and take a peek at the contents of the book.

 

A smell of dust and old paper whiffed her nostrils when she opened it. On the first page, a large, bold “TOP SECRET” letters were written at the center of the paper and a supposed mark of “CONFIDENTIAL” was stamped on top of it. She gave a small laugh on it and decided how crazy she was back then when she made this. After admiring it for a few seconds, she turned the page once more only to be greeted with a picture of four high school girls in uniform holding their respective instruments with their first single in their hands. The photo was faded but she could clearly remember that day like it only happened yesterday. Nostalgia overwhelmed her at that moment and she eagerly looked on the subsequent pages.

 

The book contains of photos of those high school girls, both private photos and photos that were published in different forms. She turned the pages more and came across to a section full of newspaper clippings which are arranged by date. She looked at them and read a few of them.

 

A NEW GIRLBAND EMERGED

2008.10.22

A new all-female band called SCANDAL, has debuted today with their first major single, DOLL. Produced by EPIC Records, the song provides a warm, school-chic feeling that keeps you wanting more. Members of the band, Haruna Ono (Vo. & Gtr.), Mami Sasazaki (Gtr. & Vo.), Tomomi Ogawa (Bass & Vo.), and Rina Suzuki (Drums & Vo.), promoted themselves by wearing seffuku or school uniforms. Etc….

 

SCANDAL RELEASES THEIR FIRST STUDIO ALBUM

2009.10.21

SCANDAL released their first studio album, entitled BESTSCANDAL today. It contains 12 songs including their first single, DOLL, and the theme song for Bleach, Shoujo S, the album offers the best songs SCANDAL have released since their debut and added new songs to complete the album.

 

FIRST ONE-MAN LIVE TOUR!

2009.12.04

Today, the most awaited event by SCANDAL will start as they will hold their first one-man live tour. Formed in Osaka on 2006, the girls steadily paved their way in the music industry this past few years and even got the chance to perform in other countries like Hongkong, USA, and France.

 

FASTEST GIRLBAND TO PERFORM IN BUDOKAN

2012.03.30

After their fiery and spectacular performance in Budokan on March 28, the girlband, SCANDAL, was announced as the fastest girl band to be able to perform in Nippon Budokan. Japan rock music has their eyes now on this powerful girlband as they swept not only our nation but also internationally…

 

A DREAM COME TRUE

2012.08.27

“Strike when the iron is hot.” And that is what SCANDAL was doing right now. After just finishing their successful performance on Budokan, they were already busy preparing on another major performance. They will be starting their new year in a preparation to one of their biggest dreams: A performance in their hometown at the Osaka Jo Hall on March. After holding a free live at Osaka Castle Street heaven, and surprised everyone by donning their old school uniforms again, the girls happily delivered to their fans that the next time they will be seeing them is on the stage of Osaka Jo-Hall itself. The concert was entitled as SCANDAL Osaka-jo Hall 2013 “Wonderful Tonight”. Surely a must see live for all!

 

A JAPANESE BAND SWEPT INTERNATIONAL COUNTRIES WITH THEIR POWERFUL PERFORMANCE

20xx.xx.xx

Following an Asia Tour for the nth time, SCANDAL will finally hold their first-ever European and American Tour. Fans across tthese continents that have waited for this opportunity will now have something to celebrate. The schedules are yet to be announced but the anticipation on getting the tickets are already getting higher. “We’re really happy that we can finally see our fans from other countries. It’s a rewarding opportunity for us. We would like to thank everyone for supporting us. It’s just been in a short time since we’ve held our first Osaka Jo-Hall concert and this blessing. We just couldn’t wait to deliver our music to the other countries and show our love to the fans around the world. With that, please take care of us.” Haruna Ono, leader of the band told us…

 

The woman was so engrossed on reading the articles. A gleeful smile was kept on her face but that didn’t last long when she continued reading. The once merry smile slowly changed into a gloomy expression. Her eyes wandered to a specific article which made her heart break and just like before when this article was published, the atmosphere around her turned into a depressing disposition.

 

AN ADVERSITY IN JAPANESE MUSIC

20xx.xx.xx

No one would have expected the sudden news SCANDAL has brought down. After surprising everyone on their fast pace success, they have yet again surprised us with a very heartbreaking information: The disbandment of the band has been announced. No more information has been given by the members and staff itself. “We’re asking everyone, the families, relatives, friends and fans of SCANDAL to continue supporting them even after this painful event for us. We also like to thank everyone for being there. This decision was a very hard one to make.” Eisuke, the manager of SCANDAL since they’ve started said.

 

Although they’ve never shed lights on the sudden disbandment, rumor has it that an internal conflict hit the members of the band. No one have explained or even debunked this piece of information. For now, fans across the countries are waiting and still hoping that they would withdraw these reports.