Sunset Glow

You Are Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Can you walk away from a love that is yet to blossom? Will you let love pass you by… without  saying goodbye?

 

 

 

 

The day went by quite quickly and Dara is still racking her brain to find the right time to break the news to Jiyong. Yes, she is leaving. When will she return? That’s indefinite. She heaved a deep sigh.  She is getting guiltier by the minute listening to her friend’s future plans- a plan that includes her. She does not have the heart to burst his happy bubbles.

 

“ Can you believe it tokki? I’ll start training next week!”, he gushed, excitement evident in his voice.

 

“I know  as a start I will just be fetching water bottles and stuff for senior artists… but I will use every opportunity I can to learn from them… to be a better artist, that is”, he continued full of determination.

 

“ Everyone starts from the bottom Ji… it lets you appreciate the top more…” she mused.

 

“ You’re right, it keeps you  grounded and makes you value things…”, Jiyong pondered for a second, then continued. “ But of course I’ll continue writing songs and I promise you will be the first one to hear it! I will perform first for you before the rest of the world!”

 

“You will be a great artist Ji, I’m quite sure of that… and I will support you in every possible way I can…”, Dara said sincerely looking straight to his eyes.

 

“ Yah! Why are you so serious? Of course you will support me! You are my number one fan, right?”, he asked and she nodded. “Aish! What can I do without my cheerleader?”

 

Suddenly Dara hugged him tight. Jiyong jerked up surprised by her actions.

 

 

“Hey, what’s the matter Sandy?”

 

But then she burst out crying and he was left with no choice but to hug her tighter, rubbing her back with his hands to ease her. After a while, she calmed down but still hiccups once in a while. He planted a soft kiss on her head before cupping her chin to let her face him. Dara’s eyes starts to water again when their eyes met.

 

“ You can tell me everything right? I’m always willing to listen…” he said gently.

 

Dara looked away… “ I’m leaving Ji… My f-fammily, we are migrating t-to the S-states…”, she whispered.

 

Jiyong does not know how to react. He could not imagine his life without them hanging out, without their constant bickering, their happy moments… Who will cheer him up when he fells so down? Who will boost his confidence when he doubts himself?

 

“I don’t r-really want to go… I still w-want to see you succeed and….” She feels like crying again.

 

He eyed his friend and recognized how weak she is at the moment…

 

“…but I c-cant go against m-my parents Ji, I’m still young a-and I have not proven anything to t-them yet”, she continued.

 

“ When will you return?”, he asked, voice almost crackling.

 

“ I don’t know, Ji… I really don’t know”, she cried again and he immediately circled his arms around her and pulled her close. She snuggled at the crook of his neck. His shoulders already wet from her tears.

 

GD make a quick decision. True, his heart aches knowing Sandy will no longer be beside him. But he needs to be strong, for her, for both of them.

 

 

“ Yah, don’t worry! You will still see me even  if you’re there… I’ll make sure of that when you see the mv of my songs in youtube”, he proudly stated, though his voice is crackling and tears start to fall from his eyes.

 

Dara flashed a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter