CHAPTER 8: UNEXPECTED SITUATION

DIVERGENT THINKERS

 

Author’s POV

Their performance got huge rave from the audience. As they walk off from the stage, the triplet Sunny, Amber and IU running towards them with huge smile on their face.

“You guys were awesome! I bet that 2PM boy must on their way to jump off building due to so much shame. Haha!”

Amber’s word make the others burst into laughter.

“Hey, it not nice to say likes that.” Eunjung hit Amber’s back lightly.

“Serve them right! Who ask them to act so cocky with my friend?” Sunny make annoyed face.

“LOL. You were so sweet…” Hyomin pinch both of Sunny’s cheeks make others giggle over their action.

“Oh, before I forgot. Jiyeon. I don’t have any idea why your phone always buzzing. I try to answer the call but I don’t know how to use it. Your phone seems sophisticated. ” IU said as she hand over Jiyeon’s bag to Jiyeon.

It wasn’t the phone actually but it was their communication device that give their exact location and signal if one of them need any help/ in danger. Jiyeon take out the device from her bag and her eyes grew bigger. Hyomin and Eunjung also take a look at their device.

“Guys, I have to go first. See you later.” Jiyeon said as she walks towards the exit door.

“I’m almost forgot, Hyomin and I had something to do. Right, Hyomin?” Eunjung voiced out.

“Oh, right. It was late already. We’ll excuse ourselves first. Bye.”

Both Eunjung and Hyomin running away, leaving the clueless triplet.

“What’s wrong with them?” Sunny ask.

“I don’t know.” Amber shrugged.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Meanwhile,

3 of them were running to their secret room as they received the message from the older trio.

“It was half an hour ago. I wonder what happen to them.” Jiyeon’s face look worried.

“Don’t worry. I don’t have any bad feeling, so I’m pretty sure all of them were in the good state.” Eunjung say, try to calm Jiyeon down.

“Wait. Girls, stop.” Hyomin’s voice makes Jiyeon and Eunjung stop running.

“What’s wrong?” Jiyeon ask.

“I bet someone was following us.” Hyomin said while turning her back.

She was a sharpshooter, so her sense was really sharp. Three of them observed the surroundings carefully.

“Let’s split our way.” Eunjung give an order. Both of Hyomin and Jiyeon nod and continue their way.

After the trio left the place, there was someone get out from his hiding place.

“! Where are they heading to? Who are they actually?” He cursed.

Then, he takes out his phone from the pocket and dialed a number.

“How?” The person on the other line asks.

“I’m sorry sir, but seems like I lost them.” He replied.

“You are useless! Come back here!”

“O..” He still didn’t finish his word when the other person at the end of the line cut off.

“! Who he thinks he is? Such a jerk!” He angrily muttered.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

In 10 minutes later, the three of them successfully arrived at their secret place. When they enter the room, the other older trio was waiting for them.

“If you came here just for fun then you can go back to Seoul.” Qri said out of the blue with the tense in her voice.

Eunjung, Hyomin and Jiyeon look at each other. They really don’t have any clue about what already happen. Both Soyeon and Boram just sitting at the couch, didn’t say anything

“Unnie, what happen?” Eunjung ask as she tries to hold Qri’s shoulder but Qri avoid her.

“We were so sorry. When you call us, we are in the middle of..” Jiyeon’s word was cut off by Qri.

“In the middle of partying? So, all of you already had fun?” Qri said with smirk.

“What is wrong with you? Why you must be angry? We didn’t do that just for fun!” Hyomin said, almost yelling.

Hyomin just can’t control herself as Qri blindly accused them without letting them explain about their problem.

“Unnie..” Jiyeon shook her head while holding Hyomin’s arm trying to cool her down.

“Then you want to blame me?” Qri ask Hyomin back.

“Girls, stop it! We didn’t solve anything by fighting with each other.” Soyeon at last voice out as she see the situation doesn’t seem to be okay.

Qri run into her room and slam the door. All of them were startled with her sudden action. Soyeon let out the deep breath.

“Qri unnie was never like this before. Boram unnie, don’t you mind to tell us what was really happen?” Eunjung place her but beside Boram.

“Why don’t both of you sit here first?” Boram said as she asking for Hyomin and Jiyeon to sit in front of her.

5 of them were sitting forming a circle surround the table.

“We got the new victim.” Soyeon said, breaking the silence.

“What??” Eunjung, Jiyeon and Hyomin said in unison.

“Who?” Jiyeon ask.

“Lee Areum. She was found lying face down in her room with a bottle of sleeping pill nearby. There only half on the bottle, the other half was in and probably in her stomach. We can’t say anything much because this is only what we got from the scene.” Boram explain as she extends them a few number of pictures.

“Investigation showed there was no foul play and police found no signs of a break-in. Police classified this case as sudden death as there was no criminal elements.” Soyeon continued.

“I bet they will assume she committed suicide. I’m afraid this school wants to close this case immediately before they investigate further. If the outsider or media know about this news, they probably got major problem considering their list of unsolved death was still a hot topic.” Jiyeon voiced out.

“Well, what you afraid for were came true. The case was already closed before the result from the post mortem was out.” Soyeon said.

“What the hell were they thinking? How come they do like that?” Hyomin let out her dissatisfaction.

“That’s why our Qri were acting like that. She believed that this girl were innocent and want to bring the justice to Areum’s family and herself but the director of this school didn’t want to bring this case further considering we didn’t have any progression about our previous case.” Boram said.

“But the murderer was not smart enough to convince us that she died because of the pills.” Eunjung said, biting her right thumb. Her eyebrows furrowed, eyes still didn’t divert from the pictures.  

“Is there something that bothering you?” Soyeon ask Eunjung.

“Why don’t all of you have close look at this picture and this picture too and examine her body’s condition. Her body was way too ‘comfortable’ for her “suicide” case.” Eunjung say while arrange the pictures in front of the others.

“Did you mean with the sleeping pills?” Jiyeon ask.

“Yes. In general concept, an overdose of sleeping pills usually causes cramps in the victim's leg and vomiting.” Eunjung explain to them.

“Well, it makes sense. It will also cause the distortion of the body. But, she seems like she was in good condition.” Jiyeon continued.

“By any chance, did this symptom also get related with overdose of sleeping pills?” Soyeon ask, pointing at the picture of the victim’s stomach.

“It looks like a birthmark.” Boram said.

“Let me see.” Hyomin take the picture from Boram and she continue her words after she make an observation.

“This doesn’t look like one because these bruises under the skin surface were in pinprick size dot. Wait a minute, does this means…”

“She was poisoned.” Both of Jiyeon and Hyomin said in unison.

“Daebak.” Boram was so impressed with their observation.

First of all, we need to talk with the president to reopen and let us handle this case, by hook or by crook. We still have to make the post mortem to verify our assumptions. Soyeon unnie, can you proceed with the procedure?” Eunjung ask.

“Okay, sure.” Soyeon nods.

“And Boram unnie, can you enter the security system in the hostel especially at Areum’s room level. Record whoever that passing by and enter her room before the incident.” Eunjung give an order.

“Alright. Piece of cake!” Boram replied with ok hand gesture and start to work out with her laptop.

“Hyomin and Jiyeon, come with me. We have an unsettled business with Qri unnie.” Eunjung said as she lifted up her from the couch and walk towards Qri’s room.

“Jungie, don’t you think we should let her cool down first? Give her some time maybe?” Hyomin ask.

“Nah, I don’t think Qri unnie was the type of person who will keep hot for a long time. It was our fault by the way. Let’s go!” Jiyeon said as she dragged Hyomin along.

“Qri unnie, we need to talk. Can you please open the door?”  Eunjung knocked the door. But there is no response.

“Unnie, I was really sorry about earlier. I didn’t mean to yell at you. I know it was too much. I’m really sorry now.” Hyomin then take her turn but the door still lock and Qri didn’t answer.

“Qri unnie.. Have you ever heard this? Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future. Don’t you love at us anymore?” Jiyeon try to test her luck but she also didn’t succeed to coax Qri to open the door.

After a few trials, there seems didn’t get any positive feedback from Qri. They were already gives up. But after they turn their back there is the sound of knob clicking. Lastly, Qri walk out from her room.

“Qri unnie, do you still angry with me?” Eunjung ask she back hug Qri and lean her face on her shoulder.

“Yes, I am.” Qri said, crossing her hand at her chest.

“Unnie, my teacher said ‘When you forgive, you love. And when you love, God’s light shines upon you.’ You don’t want?” Jiyeon make her puppy eyes with begging hand gesture.

“I don’t want.” Qri shakes her head.

““ Unnie, you know what. Not forgiving is like drinking rat poison and then waiting for the rat to die.” Hyomin pout, nodding her head repetitively.

“Yah! Where did you get those words? It was so disgusting.” Eunjung ask Hyomin.

“I search them on Google.” Hyomin said while scratch her back head.

Hyomin answer make Qri burst into laughter.

“Do you really have to do that?” Qri ask Hyomin

“I have to. It’s for your own sake too.” Hyomin said as she joins Eunjung hugging Qri.

“It was not fair. I want a hug too.” Jiyeon pout.

“Come here. Poor my little sister.” Qri said as she pull Jiyeon into her embrace.

Boram and Soyeon giggle towards their action.

“Looks like everything was back to normal.”  Soyeon thought to herself.

 

 

P/s: I'm sorry for the late update and short chapter. Ive got a bunch of assignments and test. My examination just around the corner. Thanks for the readers who still waiting with patience. Love you all! :)