CHAPTER 12 : THE UNINVITED VISITOR

DIVERGENT THINKERS

P/s : I'm sorry for late update. I was kind of super busy because of final year. Hope for you keep waiting for my update with this story and another and thanks a lot for your loyalty. I love you.

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

“Where are the kids?” Eunjung asked, as she walk while her eyes roaming over to the discussion room. She caught Soyeon and Qri working with some documents and Hyomin who take a nap at the couch.

“Oh. You already woke up.” Soyeon smiled. “The kids were with Boram and Jiyeon. They brought them to the mall. Is it okay with you? We want to ask you earlier but you were in deep slumber, so we don’t want to disturb you.”

Eunjung nods. “Nevermind, as long as the kids with one of us then I don’t have a reason to worry.” She placed her besides Qri. She takes a glance at the paper that Hyomin worked on. “This girl overworks again, didn’t she?”

Qri look at sleeping Hyomin. “She was like that all the time. Like if you know her since yesterday. ‘A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.’”

“Colin Powell.” She smiled. “Did she say that?” Eunjung asked.

Soyeon nods. “Yup. I bet she learns one quote a day.” They chuckled softly.

“So, what do we got from last night?” Eunjung paused. “Is he the guy who Hyomin and Jiyeon chased last night?” She picks up a picture and displayed it to Soyeon.

“Woo Taewoon. Boram already print out some info about him. You can have a look for a while.” Soyeon says, extends the paper to Eunjung. The documents were exchanging hands.

Eunjung scanned the documents. Her eyebrows knitted, as her brain trying to digest what she read. “He was a former student of Kirin? Wow, this case getting more interesting.”

“Look.” Soyeon extend her a paper. “He was the same batch as Ji’s brother. And they are even in the same class.  We are getting more and more relevant things that can relate with our case yet we are so far from the answer.” She sighed.

“Did Ji know about this?” Eunjung asked.

Soyeon shook her head. “Do you think he’s the one who killed Ji’s brother?”

“No.” Eunjung answered without hesitate. “He must be working to someone else or taking anonymous order. He was forced, maybe. Besides, his record is clean. What did you got from him?”

“Negative.” Soyeon lean her back to the couch, sighing. Eunjung slightly look at her.

“You seems worrying him that much. What’s up?”

“He doesn’t want to cooperate with us although he didn’t have any single alibi to claim he wasn’t guilty for attempting a murder. I can see in his eyes, he was afraid and lonely. We should convince him to bring us to the master mind.” Soyeon says her voice dangerously low. “We can’t wait any longer or there will be more innocent people get killed.”

“I know.” Eunjung nods. “If he can’t bring the master mind to us, then we should ‘convince’ the master mind to come to us.” She smirks.

Soyeon straighten her back. “Do you have any idea?”

“I don’t have.” Eunjung shrugged.

“Tch. ” Qri rolled her eyes.

“Yet.” Eunjung paused. “I will propose my idea once I meet with Taewoon. What time I can have a ‘date’ with him?”

Soyeon look at her wristwatch. “Any minutes from now. I’ve already ask for permission from concerned party and he’s ours till tomorrow evening.”

“It was more than enough. I think I should get ready." Eunjung stand up. “By the way, how’s Junsu?”

Qri tilt her head up. “He’s all stable. Doctor says the amount of the poison wasn’t high enough to kill him.” She paused. “I think whoever person who behind this just wants to hurt him instead of killing. It looks like a warning, maybe?”

Eunjung shrugged. “Keep searching and do let me know if you have any progress. And can you please wake Minnie up? I need her to accompany me to the police station, and inform Jiyeon too.” She added before heading to her bedroom.

The older members nod their head. “Okay.”

 “Minnie. Wake up.” Soyeon pat Hyomin’s shoulder.

“Erm?” Hyomin mumbles as she open her eyes. “What’s wrong?”

“Eunjung want you to join her and Jiyeon for interrogation. Go wash your face.” Soyeon says as she help Hyomin wake up.

“Okay.” Hyomin rub her eyes and slowly walk to the kitchen.

“Minnie!” Qri shout. “The bathroom was on your left.”

Hyomin turn her head over her shoulder. “Since when we change our house’s layout?”

“Just.” Qri chuckles. “Watch your step.”

Hyomin nods and proceed to the bathroom. Both Soyeon and Qri giggled over her actions.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Later at the evening,

“What else do you want? I said I’ve done talking.” Taewoon says emotionless. He sat in front of Eunjung with both of his hand cuffed together.

Eunjung just stare at him with both of her elbows resting on the table." I am the one who decides when it's over, not you.” She turned her head over her shoulder. “Have you not done yet?”

“A minute.” Hyomin says, writing on some documents.

Eunjung put her gaze back on him. “Society prepares the crime; the criminal commits it.”

“I’m not a criminal.” He rolled his eyes.

“If you’re not a criminal, then what are you?” she asked. He was startle by her sudden question.

“Ok, I’m done.” Hyomin put the documents in front of Taewoon. “Mr Woo Taewoon. You are looking at basically at life in prison.”

Taewoon read the documents. “What is the meaning of all this?”

“I think you still didn’t get it. So, I will read them for you.” She reaches the documents and read it loud. “You were found guilty on 2 charges for attempted first and second-degree murder which could land you behind bars for decades or for a whole life. Do I make myself clear?”

 “I want my lawyer.” Taewoon lean his back on the chair.

Eunjung smirk. “Go on. I want to see how your lawyer can save your life. We have enough evidence to accuse you for killing Mr Junsu with intention and almost kill Miss Qri.”

Taewoon eyes grew bigger. “D-did he dead?” Taewoon stutters. “It’s impossible! I didn’t kill him!”

“Yeah, you did.” Hyomin nods, trying to provoke him. “There are Miss Qri’s fingerprints and yours at the bottle and since Miss Qri have an alibi to save her, so the only person who probably the murder is you.”

 Hyomin’s words put the shiver on his nerves. “Don’t jump to conclusions.” He says.

“Too late, already jumped.” Hyomin shrugged.

“She’s the one who delivered the bottle to him, not me!” He tries to defend himself.

 “Who’s the person that you want to serve the juice for?” Eunjung asked while she put her gaze on her.

“It was for someone else.” He looks away.

Eunjung still didn’t lift her gaze from him. “Then why don’t you stop her?”

“I had try to stop her but..”

“But you didn’t.” Eunjung paused. “You can stop her but you didn’t do it. You really meant to kill him, right?”

He slowly gulp, didn’t dare to look at Eunjung’s eyes. “I’m not the one who killed him. Stop accusing me.” his voice dangerously slow.

“Okay.” Eunjung lean her back, crossing her arms. “You ask for it.” She turned to Hyomin . Both of them exchange nods. Hyomin walk out from the room.

“Do you know this guy?” Eunjung shoved a picture to him. “I think you know how he died.”

Taewoon’s face turned to pale once he looks at the picture. “No. I didn’t.” He shook his head.

“You weren’t good with lies.” Eunjung smiled. “I want to see how far you can go once you meet with his twin.” She takes the picture and put it back to the folder.

Not a while, Hyomin and Jiyeon walk into the room. “Park Jiyeon. Your turn.” Eunjung stand up and let Jiyeon sit on her chair.

“Mr Taewoon.” Jiyeon smiled. “We meet again. Do you still remember me?”

Taewoon’s face turned as white as paper. Yes, he did know her. But he never though she was the girl in the Hyo Jon’s picture. His chest hurt. They really look alike. How he didn’t realize it last night?

“So, Mr Taewoon.” Jiyeon clasp both her hand together and put them on the table. “Why are you so eager to make the situation hard for me?” She sighed. “Are you ready to confess something?”

His forehead began to sweats. His voice stuck in his throat.

Hyomin tap his shoulder. ”Take your time.” She smiled and looks at Eunjung. “I think the confession time will be easier if we just left them two in this room.”

“Yeah. Please get easy on him, Park Jiyeon.” Eunjung smile back to Hyomin. “Let’s go out first.” She turned around to the door followed by Hyomin.

“Wait! Don’t leave me with her!” Taewoon shout makes both Hyomin and Eunjung freeze on their feet. They exchange the look with the meaning smile. Jiyeon almost startled.

“Did he really don’t want to stay with me that much?” Jiyeon rub her chest. “Yah! Am I that scary to you?” She asked.

jiyeon_tongueincheek_zps6c0d396c.gif

“I’m not a dinosaur. I didn’t eat human.” Eunjung and Hyomin chuckled over Jiyeon’s words.

“I will tell you everything.” Taewoon look down. He takes a long deep breath and gain the courage to look at the girls. “But please spare my life.”

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

“You should watch his expression when he saw Jiyeon. He’s so pale.” Hyomin says, while munching the chips.

“Did he tell you anything about Ji’s brother?” Qri ask.

“Not a single.” Hyomin shook her head. “But I bet he will blurt about it sooner or later.”

“So, Taewoon takes someone order because the person blackmailed him.” Soyeon nods. “He’s afraid of what?”

“The master mind got evidence he was on Areum’s room the day she died. And he admits it he was there. But he didn’t know anything about her death.  ” Eunjung says. “We should watch the cctv recording first.”

 “I bet this girl is the new victim.” Qri take a look at the girl profile. “If I didn’t grab the bottle, then this girl probably already died.”

“No, she wouldn’t.” Eunjung denies. “Remember when you say the dose wasn’t enough to kill??”

Qri nods. “Yeah.”

“Taewoon did agree to take the task because the person who asks him to do so did tell him that the poison will not kill the person who drinks the juice.” Eunjung added. “That’s why he was completely shocked when we tell him Junsu was dead.”

“Did you really have to go that further?” Qri ask.

“Why not? It’s work.” Hyomin grinned.

“Why he didn’t stop Qri when she snatches the bottle from him?” Soyeon asked.

“He did at first.” Hyomin paused and she looks at Qri. “But he stopped as he saw whom you give the juice.”

“Junsu?” Qri says.

Hyomin nods. “Taewoon and Areum really love each other. Junsu’s parent drag Areum into their house because they want to take her wealth not because of they really love her.”

“Why so complicated.” Qri sigh.

“When Boram will be here?” Eunjung asked.

“She was on her way, maybe in half an hour.” Soyeon answered her.

10 minutes later, their doorbell rings. The girls look at each other.

“I don’t know we’re expecting another guest at this time.” Soyeon furrowed her eyebrows. “Boram would just walk in.”

 “Yeah, we didn’t.” Qri shrugged. “A salesman, perhaps.”

“Minnie, can you get the door?” Soyeon says.

“Sure.” Hyomin nods. Then, she leaves the discussion room, pulling her legs towards the door.

As she opens the door, a man figure catches her eyes. She knit her eyebrows. ‘He looks familiar.’

“Yes? May I help you, sir?” She asks.

The man a little bit startled as he see Hyomin. “Oh, I think I got the wrong house.” He exchanges his looks between the paper on his hand with an address written on it and their house’s number. “But, this is the house.” His forehead wrinkled.

“Can I have a look?” Hyomin asked as she points to the paper.

The guy nods. “Oh, sure.”  In a second, the paper swapped from him to Hyomin.

Hyomin’s eyes scans the words that written on the paper. “If you really meant to get to this address then you are at the right place.” She smiled and gives the paper back to him. “May I know who you are looking for?”

“I’m looking for..”

“Mr Wonjun?” Boram suddenly appeared. “What are you doing here?” She smile, a little bit excited.

“You know him?” Hyomin asked, refer to the Wonjun.

“Oh.” Boram chuckled. “We met at last night event.”

Hyomin pout her lower lip while nodding her head. “I guess he want to meet you.”

“Really?” Boram looks at Wonjun with a surprised look. “So, what bring you here? And how you know I lived here?”

“I’m sorry, but I wasn’t here for Miss Boram.” Wonjun quickly wave both of his palms. “But, it was nice to meet you.” He smiled to Boram. “I’m a little surprised. You live in here too?”

“Yeah.” Boram bite her lip. “Then?”

“I’m looking for Eunjung.” He looks between Hyomin and Boram.

Jiyeon and the kids just came back from the park when she see girls and a man talking in front of their house

.“Eunjung?” Jiyeon furrowed her eyebrows. “Did you mean Ham Eunjung?”

“Did she live with you too?” Wonjun asked.

Jiyeon nods. “Come in first. She’s inside.” She says as she led his way to the living room together with the kids.

“Okay. Thanks.” Wonjun says.

Both Hyomin and Boram look at each other. It was the same things that play in their mind.

“Eunjung! You got a visitor!” Jiyeon chirp happily while an ice cream. The kids just look at her, wondering who the real child is. “Have a seat first, sir. I will get her.” She turned to the kids who seats next to each other. “Kids, please behave and don’t bully uncle okay?” She winks at the kids.

“We got it.” Both of the kids nod their head obediently.

“Good.” Jiyeon smiled and jog off to her bedroom. Wonjun flashed a smile watching the drama in front of his eyes.

 Soyeon and Qri exchange their looks. “Did I just hear Jiyeon say Eunjung got a male visitor?” Soyeon asked.

“You didn’t hear wrong then, because so do I.” Qri nods.

They quickly jump off from their seats and sneak a peek at the living room. “Wonjun?” Both of them voice out simultaneously.

“What’s he doing here?” Soyeon asked, whispering.

“Don’t ask me because I don’t have the answer for your question.” Qri says, without divert her attention from the guy in front of him.

Eunjung walk out from her bedroom follows with Jiyeon behind. But her step froze as her eyes caught the familiar figure in front of her.

“Oppa?” Her face draw a disbelieve look. “What are you doing here?”

Wonjun stand on his feet. “Jungie.” He smiled. “Long time no see.” He extends his hand for a shake.

Eunjung bite her lower lip and turned to Jiyeon. Without words, Jiyeon take the kids with her and she left Eunjung with Wonjun alone.

“How you get here?” She asked without accept the hand he offer. Her gaze drops at the floor.

Wonjun smiled bitterly. “I’ve been searching for you. From west to the east but I really don’t have any idea we’ll met here.” He walks closer to Eunjung. “How’s your life?”

“I’m okay.”

“You don’t look okay to me.” His voice fills with concern. He touched Eunjung’s shoulder.

She gains some strength to look at his eyes. “Don’t look with your eyes because they may deceive you, don’t trust them.” Her voice was soft enough to stab his heart.

He doesn’t even try to hide the trembling in his voice. “I was so stupid for blindly accused you. I almost give up on you but whenever I visit him, I see you. I believe in hope. And when I see you last night I know God never let me down.”

“Why you are looking for me?” Eunjung asked. Their eyes met.

Wonjun hold her hand and clasps them together with his. “You leave me without let me fix the situation.”  He paused. “I’m sorry, Eunjung. I’m really sorry. It takes me a whole year to realize my mistakes. They are not looking for you. It wasn’t your fault he died.”

Eunjung’s eyebrows furrowed. “What do you mean?”

“They are looking for mom, not you. I was so stupid for not ever thinking about mom’s status as criminal defense attorney.” He tightens his grip. “I’m so sorry.”

“He’s dead because of me.” Tears slowly running down on her cheeks. “And it was the truth that you can’t deny.”

 “It wasn’t your fault. So please stop blame yourself.”

“I killed him.”

“No, you are not!” Wonjun says almost shout. “He loves you so much. He sacrifices his own life for you and I’m sure he is sad if he know you kept the blame on you.”

“From now, lives your life without regret. I want to let you know that I love you. And I meant it.”  Eunjung look at their intertwined fingers.

“I accept the love I think I deserve.” A weak smile draws on her face as she slowly releases the grip. “Don’t worry, I’ve already forgive you 5 years ago. Sometimes it takes a good fall to really know where you stand. And I have to thank you for that.”

Wonjun slowly nods. “I’m sure he will be proud with you.” He slowly fish out a box from his pocket. He opens the box and takes something out from it. It was a silver necklace with a love shape pendant. “I found this necklace and the card in his bedroom. I bet this was yours.” He hand it over Eunjung.

Eunjung look at the necklace on her palm. She slowly opens the love pendant. There was their photo on it. A smile draws on her face. She then flips the card and read what was written on it.

30680544.jpg

To my dear Baekgu,

When i first met you, i never would have imagined that i would have such strong feelings for you. I never would have imagined that i would have dreams about you, or miss being by your side, or get butterflies in my stomach when someone mentions your name. When i first met you, i never would have thought that i would love you.

I love you so deeply, i love you so much. I love the sound of your voice, and the way that we touch. I love your warm smile and your kind, thoughtful way, the joy that you bring to my life every day. I love you today, as i have from the start, and i'll love you forever with all of my heart.

Loved you once, love you still. Always have, always will.

 

Lots of love,

Kim Soo Hyun.

 

‘I love you too Soo Hyun.’ Eunjung bite her lower lip.