CHAPTER 10 : WRONG VICTIM

DIVERGENT THINKERS

They arrived at the ceremony venue 5 minutes before 8pm. Second after the black MPV parked, all of them jump off from the car. They looked gorgeous even though with simple black attire.

“How do I look?” Hyomin asked, fix her makeup and dress.

“Don’t worry Minnie, you look stunning.” Jiyeon responded with her thumbs up. Give a wide smile on Hyomin’s face.

“Thanks. I’m so nervous right now; feel like I will have a heart attack anytime.”

Soyeon laughed. “What was the nervous for? Be normal, would you?”

“Hurry up, girl! We don’t want to be late.” Eunjung said, motion them to move into the hall. “Unnie, three of you go first, we will catch up later.”

“Okay.” The older trio nod and make their move, entering the hall.

“Keep your nervous. We were attending funeral, not in charge for runaway in fashion show.” Qri pat Hyomin’s back before she leave.

Qri’s word make all of them chuckled. Hyomin pout because of the sarcasm

Once the older trio can’t be seen, they also leaved the garage and walk into the hall. There are not so many people who attend the event. It was only teachers, Areum’s relative and her friend maybe. If the number of guest was summed up, the value was in between 30-40 peoples.

“My oh my. Look what we have in here.” Hyomin nudge Eunjung’s arm. She motioned her hand to the guys at the corner of the hall. Their attention were divert to them.

“They were 2PM. I’m wondering, what are they doing here?” Jiyeon furrowed her eyebrows. She looks around. ‘They were only 4. Where is the other 2?’

Eunjung look at Jiyeon “They were behaved. I bet they were assigned to perform for tonight’s fashion show.” Both Eunjung and Jiyeon chuckled.

Hyomin give them a death glare. “Want to die?”

Eunjung laid her hand Hyomin’s shoulder. “I’m just kidding. Why so serious?”

“Whatever.” Hyomin rolled her eyes, and walk away. Leave both of them at the back.

“Did she sulk over me?” Eunjung point her index finger to her face.

“I don’t know.” Jiyeon shrugged. “But it seems like that way.” She sighed.

Eunjung chased Hyomin over and give her a back hug. “Come on, Hyomin. This wasn’t you.” She lean her chin on Hyomin’s shoulder. “Sorry.”

“What for?” Hyomin asked, clueless.

“I thought you were angry with me.”

“Says who?”

Both of them look at Jiyeon. “I didn’t say anything. She was the one who jump into conclusion. ” She says nonchalantly make Hyomin burst into laughter. ‘What adorable friends I got here.’

While at the other side,

‘The voice was familiar.’  Junho thought. He looks around the room, and his eyes caught Hyomin. ‘She was pretty.’  A smile draws on his face.

“What’s with that smile?” Taecyeon gave him a light push on arm.

“There.” He pointed to the trio. Nickhun and Wooyoung who at other side also divert their attention too.

“Is that Ham Eunjung?” Taec asked. He crossed his arm, thinking.

“No doubt. Jiyeon and Hyomin were here too.” Junho says, nod his head.

Wooyoung touch his chest. His heart beat was fast, and his face was red.

“Are you okay?” Nickhun touched his back.

“No. I just..” Wooyoung stopped, a smile curved at the edge of his lip. “My heart was beating like crazy, every time I saw her.”

Nickhun chuckled. “I bet you were fallen in love. Who’s that lucky girl?”

“She was one of them.” Wooyoung pointed to trio direction.

Nickhun was in silence. He looks away. ‘’She can’t be Eunjung right?’

Wooyoung take a glance over Nickhun. “Don’t worry, she wasn’t the one in your mind.”

 “What do you mean?”

“I maybe not as smart as Albert Einstein but it wasn’t hard to figure it out thought. I can see from your eyes, and you don’t take any initiative to hide them.” Wooyoung shrugged.

Nickhun embraced Wooyoung’s shoulder. “I don’t know ‘cockroach’ can read someone’s from their eyes.”

“Well, that’s was my expertise, never underestimate me dude. But I bet it wasn’t easy for you. Taec was into her, what a tough opponent you have. May the best man win?” He chuckled.

“Sure.” Nickhun smiled. His eyes were staring at Eunjung, and then he changed it to Taecyeon. ‘This is sure wasn’t piece of cake.’  Nickhun thought to himself.

Chansung walk towards them. “Guys, Junsu will start in next seconds. Why don’t all of you stay with the others?”

“Sure.” They answer in unison.

They walk into the crowd, when Chansung asked, “Wait a minute, is that..?”

“Yup! It was them.” Taecyeon nod.

“What they are doing here?” He furrowed his eyebrows. “I don’t think she was closed with Areum.”

Taecyeon shrugged. “I was thinking the same.”

“They were hot enough with that jersey on but they extremely gorgeous in black dress, no doubt.”  Chansung stuck both of his hand in his pocket.

Junho nudge Chansung’s arm. “Hey, watch your eyes dude.”

Chansung chuckle lightly. “Hey, cool dude. Don’t worry, I wasn’t looking at your girl.”

Wooyoung whispered to Nickhun. “I’m positive he was referring to Eunjung.” He grin before continue with his word. “Wish you best of luck.”

“I have to admit Eunjung kill me with boyish looks but for tonight Jiyeon win my heart.” Chansung smirked, makes Wooyoung’s smile turned to frown.

Nickhun pat Wooyoung’s back and whispered to him. “Keep that wish to yourself. I bet you need those luck more than I am.” 

Wooyoung give Nickhun a death glare. “Shut up.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

After Junsu done with his speech, he invited the guest with drinks. Everyone takes their place randomly.

“Did I lose something here? Were Junsu and Areum related with each other?” Boram asked.

“They weren’t.” Qri shook her head. “But I heard, Areum was taken as an adopted child with Junsu’s parent since her parent died in an accident. 

Boram nod her head. “I see. He’s alone. Why didn’t he join with his group?”

Soyeon glanced at Junsu. “I bet him and Areum probably had something? He looks extremely sad to me.” She takes a sip of her drink.

Qri standing up, grab a bottle of juice from the tray of one of the waiter. “I take this.” She says nonchalantly and pulling her legs away from their table.

“But miss, “The waiter called for Qri. “That wasn’t yours.”  He says, sighing.

Boram eyeing on Qri and she look back to Soyeon. “You have any idea?”

“My head drawing blank.” Soyeon shrugged.

Not a while after Qri left, Jung Byung Hee (G.O) came towards Boram and Soyeon with a guy.

“Hi. Can we join both of you here?”

“Sure. Why not? Have a seat.” Soyeon nods.

Both of the guys take their place in front of the lady.

“So, mind to introduce?” Soyeon asked, refer to the other guy.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I forgot to introduce my friend earlier.” GO says. He wants to continue his word but the guy cut him first.

“It’s ok. I will take it from here.” He smiled. “I’m Kim Wonjun.” He pushed his hand out to Soyeon.

“Park Soyeon.” She accepted it with a friendly smile. He then moved towards the lady across her and they shook with each other.

“Jeon Boram. Nice to meet you.”

“Yeah. Nice to meet you too.” Wonjun smiled but still didn’t release Boram’s hand from his grip. Soyeon coughed lightly.

 “Oh, my bad.” Wonjun chuckled. “You were lucky, dude.” He nudge GO arm.

“Oh, come on.” GO grinning, shook his head.

“Why?” Both of the ladies asked in unison.

“If I know High School teacher was this beautiful and hot, I should put teacher as first in my career list.” Wonjun said, with excitement. His statement burst their laughter.

“I’m sorry.” GO smiled, little bit embarrassed. “He wasn’t normal at certain time.”

“No worry. I’m okay with him.” Soyeon shook her head. “Right, Miss Boram?”

“Yeah, sure. He looks normal to me by the way.” Boram shrugged. “And even if he wasn’t, it doesn’t make me regret to be friend with. At least, he brings me laughter.”

“Oh, it was so nice both of you. And makes me more regret for not taking major in performance.” He chuckled.

“So, what’s your area?” Boram asked.

“I had both Medical and Psychology degree. And currently I’m taking my PHD in Forensic Study as major.” 

“Oh, sounds interesting to me.” Soyeon nods. “Full of knowledge.”

“Not really. I don’t have any commitment, yet. So, I want to try every field in education system.” He laughed.

“A little greedy but in a good way. But, you will spend 5 decades of your life to taste all of them.” Boram take a sip of her drink.

“Ahh..” Wonjun let out a sigh. “I’ve almost reached them.”

“Are you kidding me?” Soyeon asked GO.

“Nope.” GO shook his head. “He was 10 years older than me and it was a fact.” He shrugged.

“Wow!” The ladies chuckled.

“He looks younger than his age.” Boram stated. “Do you have any secret, Mr Wonjun?”

“Well, I have some but I can’t tell in public.  Private meeting maybe will do.” He smiled.

“Oh. Sound like a date to me.” Soyeon says. She winks to Boram. They chuckled.

“I warned you, be careful with him because he can read your mind.”  GO said, more to whisper.

Boram laughed. “Well, it wasn’t something new in my ears.”

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Do you mind if I sit here?”

Junsu tilt his head upward, searching for the owner of the voice. He was stammered with the figure in front of him. ‘Damn, she’s really beautiful’

Qri clear . “If it wasn’t okay, I can find another..”

“No, no. It’s okay. Sure, have your seat.” He motion Qri to have a seat in front of him.

“Thanks.” Qri threw herself down into the chair. “This is for you.”  She smiled, hand the bottle of juice to him. “I’m sorry for your lost. Areum was a wonderful girl.”

“I know.” He nods. “She looks cold outside but if we knew her better, she was the silliest and funkiest girl in the world.” He smiled, looking away.

Qri stare at him. “I know your feeling.” She nods, both of them exchange the smile.

He poured the juice that she brought and takes a sip of them. “But how do you know her? I’m really sorry, because I can’t recall if we ever met with each other. I thought I’ve already know with her other relatives.” He furrowed his eyebrows.

Qri chuckled. “Nope. You were right. I’m not familiar to you because I’m not one of her relatives, I was her dance teacher.”

“Dance teacher? You mean, in Kirin Art School?”

“Bingo!” Qri laughed lightly. She takes a sip of her drink.

“Okay.” Junsu lean his back on chair. “But I’m still wonder, why I never see you in our school, Miss..”

“Qri.” She stated. “I’ve been transfer here last week. So, it does make sense we didn’t bump with each other at school. Or you are only focusing on someone special, and I’m no one to be care about.”

“Define someone special?”

“Special girl friend?” She shrugged. “Or a girl that special enough who deserve to be stalk?”

Junsu chuckled. Out of the blue, the girl who performed last day appeared. He smiled.

“Oh? Did I catch someone here? ” Qri grinned, leaning back in her seat and crossing her legs.

 “Erm. I have someone in mind. She is attractive.”

“Then she was the reason why you didn’t sense my existence in this school.” Qri chuckled.

“But she wasn’t special.” He smiled sheepishly. “You want to be the one miss?”

Qri startled. She laugh a bit, trying to hide her nervous. “Oh, it sounds like you are flirting on me.”

 “Well, maybe.” He shrugged. “I don’t see any problem here. I’m just trying my luck.” He flashed a mean grin.

“I do have problem.” She nods. “I’m your teacher, and you’re my student. Plus, I was older than you by 5 years. It was a big gap to me.”

“Is that all? Your reason was way too weak, Miss Qri. Sorry, it’s doesn’t sound like even a slightest problem to me.”

“Oh really?” she chuckled. “But that was matter to me.”

 “That’s not fair. We should consider mine too.” He says.

“Everything is fair in love and war.” Qri grinned. “I’m sorry to say this.” She standing up and smiled. “That’s doesn’t work on me. Better luck next time.” and she walk away.

The event was almost reached it’s time. Half of the guests already leaved the hall. There are only the girls, 2 PM members, G.O and Wonjun still left in the room with the waiter and waitress.

After a while, there was a chaos. Junsu was found in unconscious state, lying on the floor.

Taecyeon repetitively slapped his face lightly. “Yah, Junsu! Wake up! “

“What’s happen with him?” Eunjung asked, approached them. She quickly reached his left wrist, searching for a beat.

“We don’t have any idea. He did complaining about headaches and he felt dizzy.” Chansung quickly answered. “His speech also a little slurred. We thought he’s having a normal fever.”

“Did he vomit blood?”  Jiyeon butted in but the guys just shook their head.

“Eunjung, what’s wrong?” Taecyeon asked.

“He’s still alive but his heartbeat was dangerously rapid." She checked Junsu's pupil's condition. It was pinpoint!  "I’m pretty afraid he was poisoned.” The crowds start to panicked.

 “Someone, please call an ambulance!” Soyeon says, more to command.

“What was the last thing he ate or drinks?” Hyomin asked.

Nickhun bite his lip, trying to remember. “Last time we eat the fruits and drink together. But I don’t think it’s from them because nothing happen to us.”

“Before he came to us, he had a glass of juice with him.” Junho said.

“We should find the bottle!”

 “Juice? Was that the one that I gave him?” Qri thought to herself. She turned to Junsu’s table, but the bottle was gone. Her eyes wildly looked around the room, searching for a familiar face. The waiter. After a while, she spotted him. Their eyes met. Before she could speak her voice out, the waiter ran away.

“Him!” Qri shout, point her finger to the waiter. “Get the waiter! He’s the one who serve the juice.”

Junho and Wooyoung quickly pulled their legs towards him. Eunjung give a signal to Hyomin and Jiyeon. Both of them also make their move.

“What’s his range?” Wonjun suddenly asked.

Eunjung looked at Wonjun. “160-“ She paused.. “To 180.”  Then she looked away.

“He can’t get to hospital in time if we wait for ambulance. We should bring him there.” Wonjun says. “You and you.” He pointed to Taecyeon and Chansung. “Help me lift him up and get into my car.”

“I’ll come with you.” Qri grab her things.

“Good job.” Wonjun pat Eunjung’s head and jogged to his car. The others 3 followed him from behind.

Eunjung bite her lower lip, looking down. She’s still sitting on the floor. Once she stands up, she can feel the gaze over her. When she tilted her head upward, Nickhun and Boram were staring at her.