CHAPTER 11 : UNFORGETTABLE MEMORIES

DIVERGENT THINKERS

I'm sorry for late update. I'd read some of your comments and there are a few people who asked for KhunJung moment. And congratulations! Because in the middle of chaos, I'd had put some of their moment in this chapter and i hope that wasn't make the readers disspointed. Tbh, I really don't have any skills in writing a romantic or action stories, so please endure with my weakness point. This story will be complete maybe with another 3 or 4 chapter and i really have to do that because i've got another 3 stories to be complete and I already had another one new story in my 'Free Time Folder (My Master My Princess), Yakuza based love story that i will publish after this story fully complete. I'm sorry, greed always win over me Please keep supporting me. And thanks a lot for your constant reading and commenting.

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

The waiter was trying to escape from the hall when suddenly someone appeared in front, freezing him in his track.

 “A storm is coming. You must seek shelter.” Jiyeon says, crossing her arm.  

 He chuckled. “There is no need to afraid. The man studied her. “You are a girl, in a dress.”

A sly smirk curved at the edge of her lip. “You know what this girl in dress can do?”

Jiyeon didn’t give him a chance to answer when she was already moving, swinging her elbow to the man’s face before perfectly executing a roundhouse kick to him. The man landed on his feet, on the cold stone floor.

Jiyeon grinned. “How was that?” She gives him a signal to stand up and fight.

The man gets on his feet and immediately attacked Jiyeon in all direction. But she dodged every single move that he made with ease, like an expert. He breathed heavily. Jiyeon step forward and kicked him on stomach. He gasped, clutching his stomach and whimpered in pain.

“He was there! Hurry up!” A voice echoed in the hallway.

Jiyeon turned to her left. The view of Wooyoung and Junho standing at the corner, gasping and wheezed for breath caught her eyes. “! This is not the right time.”

“Jiyeon? How you..?”                                                            

Jiyeon cut Wooyoung off. “Look,”

Suddenly she felt a brush of air, as if something very quick passed by her. She whipped around, only to receive an elbow to the chin. Jiyeon stumbled backwards, holding her broken jaw. Jiyeon gasped, taking a breath of fresh air before she was smashed into the earth. The man wrapped his arm around her neck, fish out a knife from his pocket and pointed it to Jiyeon.

 “What do you want?” Junho asked, as he took a tentative step forward. “Let her go.”

 “Don’t come near!” The man shouted. “Or I’ll kill her.” He brought the knife closer to her neck.

“Please don’t harm her!” Wooyoung says, begging.

The man slowly walked backward, step by step while dragged Jiyeon along. But a gun pointed on his head makes his step stopped in instant.

“Set her free or I’ll make sure your brain turn to pieces.” A smile draw on Jiyeon’ face. “As expected.”

“Hyomin?” Both Junho and Wooyoung startled.

The man dropped the knife and put both of his hands up.

“Why are you so late?” Jiyeon pout.

Hyomin flash a grin, showing her white teeth. “Sorry, I need to grab this thing first.” She showed her a cable tie. “Lock him.” She handed it over to Jiyeon.

 Jiyeon used them to tie both of the man’s wrists together. “See? It’s useful.” Hyomin chuckled. “And you know, running in a dress and high heels not a great idea at all.” She says, putting her gun back into its case that perfectly wrapped around her right thigh, hidden under her dress.

“Is the gun was a real one?” Junho asked, but nobody gave him a response. “What do you think?” He says voice dangerously slow to Wooyoung.

Wooyoung shrugged. “How should I know?”

 “Good job, Minnie.” She gave Hyomin a high five and flicked her fingers on the man’s forehead. “Pabo.” She mutters.

Hyomin fished out a wallet from the waiter’s trousers’ back pocket and she studied it. “Woo Taewoon.” She read it out and nods. “Come on, we have a lot of things to talk to you about.”  Hyomin says, dragged the man. They passed by Junho and Wooyoung. Left they dumbfounded.

Junho lean his face closer to Wooyoung. “They didn’t feel our existence, didn’t they?” He whispered.

Wooyoung blinked his eyes a few times. Then he turned to Junho and smacks his head. “Pabo.”

“What should we do with those two?” Jiyeon asked. Motion her head to the guys.

Hyomin bite her lower lip. “I know what to do.” She grinned. “Call them over.”

Jiyeon stop her steps and turned her back. “Yah! You two!” She shouted. “What else are you doing standing up there? Hurry up!”

Wooyoung grinned. “She does feel my existence.” He jogged after a few steps to catch up.

“Geez, this hyung.” Junho pout and follow them from behind.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….................................................................

While in the hall, Soyeon and G.O controlled the situation perfectly. They asked the entire person in charge for the event to empty the hall and thanking them for their good job.

“Don’t worry, the police will investigate this case.” G.O says, smiling. “And I’m sure your friend will be safe. You should return to your dorm, it’s already late. I will inform you if anything happen. You’re driving?”

Nickhun nods. “I know.” He smiled “Thanks.”

“Great. Because I need to stay here until the police come.”

“It’s okay.” He took a glance on Eunjung. “How about you? Do you want to come with me?”

Eunjung give him no response. She just sitting and blankly looking at the floor.

i4ujkvgnmt64t.jpg

Soyeon laid her hand on her shoulder.  Eunjung tilt her head, startled. “Y-Yes?”

“Are you okay?” Soyeon asked. Eunjung nods. “Yes, I’m perfectly okay.” She smiled.

“He’s asking if you want to go with him.” Soyeon says, motion to Nickhun who’s standing with his hands on his pockets.

Eunjung turned her head to Nickhun. “Oh, never mind. I can go back to my dorm by myself. Later.” She flashed a weak smile. “Thanks by the way”.

“Are you sure?” Nickhun asked, concerned.

“Yeah. No worry.” Eunjung instantly answered.

“It’s already late and it might be dangerous for a girl like you. Just go with him.” G.O says.

“But..”

“It’s okay. We can handle it. Just go.” Boram smiled, convinced her.

Soyeon grabs Eunjung handbag and handed it over her. “Get some rest. We’ll need you after this.”

Eunjung sighed. She slowly stands up from her seat, and then she walked approaching Nickhun. She looked between Boram and Soyeon. “I’ll go first.” She nods and pulling her leg. Nickhun also give his nod and walking out from the hall.

Nickhun jog after a few steps before he reached Eunjung. “Hey, are you really okay?” Nickhun asked.

 “Erm?” Eunjung turn to her right. “Yes, I am.” She smiled.

“But you don’t look like okay to me. Something bothered you?”

“Nothing.” She paused. “I’m just thinking about your group member, what was his name? He’s the one who faint.”

“Oh. Junsu. Taec texting me a minutes ago confirming Junsu’s all stable. It’s because we take immediate action, he’s saved. No need to worry.” Nickhun says, smiling.

“Oh, really? It was great then.” She smiled softly. It’s just for a while, and then she went into silence.

Nickhun stared at her. ‘He’s not the one you were thinking of, Eunjung.’

“Eunjung.”

Eunjung didn’t answer, she’s just walking ahead and leaving Nickhun behind.

“Hey.” Nickhun run to her and grab her wrist. Eunjung startled. “What happened?” she asked.

“I’ve called you but you just ignore me. My car was over there.” Nickhun says, pointed to h`is car.

Eunjung look at his direction. “Oh, I’m sorry. I bet it’s too dark, so I didn’t see yours.” She chuckled lightly, her head down to earth. But then she went into silence. Again.

Nickhun tilt her head upwards. “It’s okay.” His eyes met with Eunjung’s. “Come on.” He holds Eunjung’s hand. “I will shine your way, so you don’t get lost again.” He smiled and led her to his car.

Eunjung bites her lower lip. She don’t have any energy to fight with him, her body just follow as she’s instructed. ‘Please come back to your sense, Eunjung.’

Once they reached the car, Nickhun open the door and motion her to hop into the car. She thanks him and throws herself down into the passenger’s seat. In a minute, the car already was steadily moving on the road.

Eunjung’s phone ringing, but she only was looking at the outside didn’t bother to pick her phone up.

“I bet you got a phone call.” Nickhun says, motion to her hand bag.

Eunjung look at Nickhun then change back to her handbag. “Oh, thanks.” She swaps the screen. She got 3 messages.

 From : Baby Dino Park Jiyeon

Hey Jungie! Where are you? Guess what? Hyomin and I successfully kick the waiter ! What a big fish we had this night. Don’t put your device off. We will trace you later as we finish our ‘date’ with him!

 Eunjung smiled. ‘This kid really got a lot of energy.’

From : y Goddess Park Hyomin

You owe me a dress! I accidently ruined mine when we’re chasing him. I bet the view of me catch him with a torn black dress will reduce my reputation. You should add on some investment in my share.

P/s: The man almost cut our Jiyeonnie’s throat. She was lucky I was a minute earlier.

‘Tchh. She’s so full of herself.’

From : Cutie Pretty Lee Qri

He’s already conscious. All thanks to you. Hope to see with you soon. Love you, Jungie.

She smiled. Lock her phone back and hold it tight. ‘You should think of them too, Eunjung.’

He took a glance at Eunjung. “Do you have somewhere to go before return to your dorm?” Nickhun asked.

Eunjung take a moment for a good though. If she asks him to drop her at their house then she will get him suspicious. But then she can’t forget the fact that she didn’t have to return to dorm because they really didn’t have one. ‘Where should I go? Stopping by any budget hotel and waiting for them to fetch me up? But I shouldn’t get them hard. Or I can take a cab. But, where on earth did we have a cab at this time? Haish, Ham Eunjung. You shouldn’t come with this guy at first place!’ At the end, she let out a heavy big sigh.

Nickhun sighed “Looks like I lose her again.” He muttered.

“Hey.” Eunjung smiled. “I’m still here.” 

“Oh great. I thought I’m the only person in this car and talking to myself because I got no responds at all.”

“I’m sorry. I was just thinking if..” she take a deep breath.

“If?” Nickhun repeat it, asking for a continuous word.

“Can you drop me at the nearest bus stop?”

Nickhun furrowed his eyebrows. “Why? You don’t want to go back to your dorm? Where you want to go?” He asked, non-stop.

 “Erm.” She bites her lower lip. “I actually had a plan with my friends for tomorrow morning. So, I thought it was better if I spend my night at her house.”

“Oh, okay.” He nods. “Who’s your friend? Do you want me to send you to your friend’s house? Where’s she live?”

Eunjung quickly shook her head. “No!” She says, almost shouted. Nickhun startled by her action. “I’m okay with bus stop.” She awkwardly smiled.

“What was that?” He chuckled. “I bet your friend was a guy.”

“Y-yeah. She was a guy.”

Nickhun smile bitterly. ‘A guy.’

“There!” She pointed her index finger to the bus stop. “Stop! Stop!.”

Nickhun slowly park his car. He’s trying to unbuckle his belt when Eunjung hold him. “It’s okay. You don’t have to get out from this car. I can open the door by myself.” She says, smiling.

Nickhun take a look at the bus stop. The surrounding was pretty dark. “Are you sure you want to wait him here? Do you want me to accompany you until he come?” He asked, a little bit worried.

“It’s okay. He will be here, soon.” Eunjung walk out from the car. “You can go now.”

 “This is the first time in my life a girl let me down when I give them an offer to ride.” Nickhun chuckled. “Are you really wanting me to go that fast?”

Eunjung shook her head. “No. Please don’t think like that. It’s already late and I’m sure your parent was worried about you.”

“Nah. I’m just kidding. Take care. And if you change your mind, please don’t hesitate to call me.”

“Sure. Thanks a lot. Bye.”

“Bye.”

After bid a goodbye, Nickhun left. Eunjung eyed him until his car was disappeared from her sight. She sighed. ‘What a long night.’ She slowly walks to the bench and place her on them. “What will you do right now, Ham Eunjung?”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 “I shouldn’t leave her behind, and all alone.”  He says, and then he stopped his car at the side street. “But, I’ve already ask her to let me now if anything happen.” He paused. “Yeah, like she had your number!”

“Why should you care about her? She wasn’t anybody to you.” Nickhun grunted. “What the hell are you thinking?” He mumbled, lean his back. “Ham Eunjung, what you had done to me.” He says, closing his eyes and let out a deep big breath.

Once he turned to his right, something caught his eyes, his eyebrows arching. ‘That is hers.’

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………................................................................

Eunjung rummaged her handbag. “Seriously? Oh, come on.” She throws out all the items in the hand bag and keeps searching from the main compartment to the smallest pocket it had. “Great! Everything was ‘perfect’ for tonight.”

“You are hopeless! Even a simple thing you can’t keep in you.” She says, throwing the hand bag behind her. “Ouch.” A small groan voice makes her jump off from her seat.

“W-Who’s that?” She asked, a little bit startled. ‘It can’t be a ghost.’

“Miss, where’s your manner?” A boy appeared, he’s around 9-10 years old. “Is this yours?” He rose up the hand bag.

“I’m sorry. Does it hit you?” she says, apologetic. Eunjung walked approached him. “Did you hurt somewhere?”

“No, but it hit my younger sister. Her head aching like crazy and it will break anytime. This dangling things..” He showed Eunjung the accessories on the handbag. “It doesn’t supposed to be put in a hand bag, it should be design as a killer weapon. Or you should stamp some warning symbol on it.”

Eunjung try not to laugh. ‘Is this kid for real? He’s nagging like a nanny but yet he’s so smart.’  She thought to herself. “I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to harm your sister. Let me see her first, if it’s really that worse we will send her to the hospital.”

A little girl tugs on her brother’s shirt. “Oppa, it’s okay. I was fine, it didn’t hurt me that much.”

Eunjung look at the little girl. ‘What a wonderful kids. “Are you okay, sweetheart?” As she tried to careless the girl’s head, the boy pull his sister to his back.

He spread his arms open. “Don’t touch her.” He warned Eunjung. Then he turned to his head over his shoulder, whispered. “Don’t worry. I will protect you.” He says. His sister nodded.

Eunjung stared at them. ‘He’s just like him.’ She wondered around, looking for an elder but she found nothing. “Where’s your parent? Both of you shouldn’t be outside at this time, it’s dangerous. Anything can happen, you know.” She put all her things back into her bag.

“Come on, I will send you two back to your home. Your parent must be worried.” She says.

In a sudden, the boy run towards her and pushed her with all his might. Eunjung stumbled a step backward. “What are you doing?” She asked, confusingly.

“Run!” The boy yelled to his sister. The little girl turned her back and pulling her legs, running.

 “Wait! Don’t go.” She tries to run after the girl but the boy hold hug her waist tightly.

“Don’t take my Baekgu away!” He bites her arm strongly.

Eunjung fell on her knees. Her face was deathly pale, and she was trembling like a leaf. ‘B-B-Baekgu?’  . It wasn’t the pain in her arm that makes her hurt but the pain in her chest. ‘O God, what’s the meaning of all of this?’ It was the past that she tried to forget.

“Eunjung! Are you okay?” Nickhun suddenly appeared from nowhere. “What had you done to her?” He asked as he held the little boy hand. His voice was stern like his face.

The boy startled. “I-I-I didn’t do anything.” He shouted almost cries.

But then the little girl ran back towards them. She wrapped her hand around her brother’s arm. “Please don’t get mad at my brother. He’s just trying to protect me.”

Eunjung take a deep breath. “Nickhun.” She voiced out and get on her feet. “It’s okay. I’m good by the way.” She smiled. “But can you do me a favor?”

Nickhun divert his eyes to Eunjung. “Yes?”

She looked at the little kids. “Promise me to get them back to their house safely.” Then she exchanged her look to Nickhun. She touched his shoulder. “I put my trust on you.” She says, and walked away. She can’t stay there any longer, or she might be crying.

Nickhun caught her wrist. “Wait! Where you want to go?”

“I-I..” She stuttered.

Nickhun yank her hand harshly made Eunjung faced him. “Could you please stop lying would you?” He says.  “If you don’t okay, then say it! If you want to cry, then cry! It wasn’t that hard.”

Eunjung bite her lower lip. “What do you mean? Didn’t you hear I’ve already told you I was okay? Why don’t you just stop talking rubbish?”

“Even if you can fool a ghost, you can't fool me. Stop fooling yourself. What’s with the trust that you just say earlier?” Nickhun smirked. “It was also a lie wasn’t it? Come on, Eunjung. I don’t want hear anymore lies from you.”

Eunjung gritted her teeth, trying to hold her anger and sadness. “I’ve had nothing to say. Thanks for everything.” She says, then pulling her legs.

“Stay here. Don’t go anywhere.” Nickhun says to the kids before he leave to Eunjung. “Is that only what you got? Run! Run as far as you can. You can run from me Eunjung, but you can’t run from yourself.” Nickhun shouted as he jogs after Eunjung. “I want to look how far you can go by this way. Winners never quit, and quitters never win. ”

“Stop it! Leave me alone.” Eunjung yelled while fasten her walk.

“Okay.” Nickhun stop chasing. “Go away with your stupid ego. This life is not all about you. Live your life and bring it along till you die. I will not surprise if nobody find your body till it was rotten.” He paused till he was calmer. “Life was never meant to be easy. It’s a constant struggle, with extreme lows and extreme highs. Remember that the times when it’s most important to persevere are the times that you will be most tested.”

Nickhun smiled as Eunjung turn around and approached him. But his smile completely fades away when he looked at the tears that streaming downwards her face. He surprised with the view in front him when a slap on his face brings his back to reality.

“I’d told you to stop. Are you satisfied enough? I hate you.” Eunjung says.

Eunjung’s words stabbed him like a sword. He pulled her into his embrace.

“Let me go.” Eunjung struggled her way out but Nickhun tighten his grip. “No, I wouldn’t let you go.” He says. ”Stop acting tough, will you?”

“I hate you. I really hate you.” Eunjung says, crying. She can’t hold it any longer. How she wished her friends was on her side that time. She really needs their shoulder to cry on.

“I know.” He paused. “Keep hating me if it makes you feel better.” 

Eunjung stop struggling. She’s sobbing. “I-I hate you.”  And then she lean her head on his chest. ‘He’s so warm.’

 ‘But I love you.’ Nickhun caresses her hair. ‘How I wish I can say that word to you.’ He sighed.

Five minutes later, Eunjung broke the hug. She looked at Nickhun. “Thanks a lot.”

“Feeling better?” Nickhun asked.

“Herm.” Eunjung nods. She hugged herself.

Nickhun quickly put his jacket on Eunjung. “You might catch a cold.” He says and drags her to the nearest bench. “Come. Have a seat first.” both of them jumped down into their seat. “Oh, this is yours.” He fished out a phone from his pocket and extends it to Eunjung. “Your phone. You left it in my car.”

“Thanks.” She smiled. “You know, you are not as mean as my first thought.”

Nickhun furrowed his eyebrows. “Mean? Me? Why? You’re the one who slapped me on my face.”

Eunjung bite her lip. “I’m sorry.” She says. “But doesn’t wish me die and found rotten was meaner?” she chuckled.

“I’m sorry. But you know, at that time everything just came up spontaneously.” He scratched his head.

She smiled. “It’s okay. I understand.”

“Thanks.” Eunjung smiled. “Does it hurt?” She asked.

“Erm?”

“Your..” She says while touching her own cheek.

“Oh.” He giggled. “You’ll need more than that to kill me.”

“Acting so tough, huh?” She hit his arm.

“I learnt from someone.” Nickhun chuckled. “But you’re quiet strong for a girl. I’m almost fainted that time.”

“Oh, really?” Eunjung flashed a naughty smiled. “Then I should slap you one more time, isn’t? Since you want to die that much.”

“Yah.” Nickhun quickly keep his distance from her. “Y-You didn’t really mean it right?”

 “You should see your face.  It was really funny.” Eunjung burst into laughter. “Are you that afraid?”

Nickhun stared at her. ‘How she can be so bright although at night?’

Eunjung caught him. “What’s the meaning of your stare?” She asked, giggling.

“Nothing.” He shrugged. “It feels so good to see you back to normal. Not the one who says ‘I’m okay’ but the truth is she wasn’t instead.” His eyes met with Eunjung’s. “I love watching your smile and listen to your laughter. They are so addicting.”

She looked away. “Wow.” Eunjung bite her lip. “Is that a compliment? Because I feel so proud when listen to them.”

“I don’t know.” He paused. “Did I just praise you?”

“Yeah, you say I’m addictive.”

Nickhun give her a weird look. “Did I?”

“Yes, you did.” She nods.

“No, I didn’t.”

“Yes, you did.”

“No.”

“Ok, then. I’m not addictive?” She asked.

“No, you are addictive.” He immediately answered.  But then he realize he just admit it. “H-Hey. That wasn’t fair.” Nickhun madly blushed. He was lucky, because Eunjung can’t see his face that time.

“Got you.” Eunjung grinned. “Everything is fair in love and war.”

“Tonight I learn something new. Don’t you want to know what is it?”

“No, thanks.” Eunjung shook her head. “I’ve no interest on them.”

“Oh, okay.”

Eunjung chuckled. “Okay, tell me.” She says, lean closer to him.

“Tsk. Forget it.” He pouted.

She held his arm. “Omo, did 2PM Nickhun just pouted? He looks so cute.” Eunjung said with her cute voice.

“Y-yah. What’s wrong with you?”

“Is he just stuttered? Kyah!” Eunjung yelled with her girlish voice. “I’m going crazy, he wasn’t only got a hot body and handsome face but he does also have his cute side.”  

“What’s with your voice?“ Nickhun burst into laughter.

She blinked her eyes repetitively while clasping both of her hands. “Nickhun oppa, I love you.” Nickhun’s laughter dead in instant.

“Nickhun oppa, kiss me.” Eunjung closed her eyes and move her lip closer to Nickhun’s. 

He was startled by her action but then he pushed her head backward. “S-Stop it, crazy girl. This isn’t funny.”

“Auch.” She groaned. “Do you have to push me like that? A word would do.”

“Sorry. It was a reflex action.” Nickhun chuckled awkwardly. “You were so scary.”

“Did I?” she asked. “I’m when acting as a fan girl.” 

“So, it was an..” he paused.  “Acting?”

“Yup. Don’t I look like one earlier?”

“Oh please. You’re the worst among the worse.” He laughed lightly. “Plus, I just had enough of them. I don’t need another one.”

“Tch. What a big-head.” She rolled her eyes. “Bring them along with you and get rotten together, I don’t care anymore.”

“Wait a minute.  Hey that was mine. You stole my words.”

“So, what? Can’t I?” She grinned, leaning back on her seat and crossing her legs.

Nickhun smiled. “Of course you can have them.” He paused. “You can even have my h-“ but then he was cut off by Eunjung sudden action. She’s stood on her feet and yells. “I think we forget something.”

“What’s wrong?” He asked as he stands beside her.

Eunjung looked at him. “The kids!” then she look around. “We’re losing them.”

“I’d told them to wait at the bus stop. They still might be there.” Nickhun says.

“Okay.” Eunjung ran off to the kids.

“Wait!” Nickhun shouts but Eunjung already lost from his vision. “Aish, can she just let me finish my word?” He grumbled.

After they found the kids, Eunjung decide to take them to her house. Nickhun offered to ride them and this time she didn’t says no.

“Thanks goodness they are still there.” Eunjung says as she took a glance at the kids that sleep at the back seat. “They must be tired waiting, that’s why they fell asleep at the bus stop.”

He looked at the rear mirror “It’s almost 3 am.” Nickhun smiled. “Why you care about them so much? I mean, they are not even your relative’s?”

“Yes. But they might be someone missing children. Besides, it wasn’t a crime to help them.”

“Is there any other reason?” He paused, thinking. “Like maybe..”

Eunjung cut him off. “To be honest.” She takes a deep breath. “For the first time in my life I felt like we were so closed with each other. By looking at how close they are, and how they care and protect each other slightly remind me to the old ours.”

“Ours?”

“Yeah.” She nods. “Me and…him.”

“I see.. Is he your older brother?” He asked.

“No, he’s not my brother. “ She shook her head. “In fact, we’re not flesh and blood relative.”

“Oh..” Nickhun take a second look to the outside the window “Him.. Is he someone special?”

“Erm.” Eunjung portrayed a smile. “He’s the best thing that has ever happened in my life.”  

“I guess you miss him a lot.” He clears his throat. “How lucky he is.” He says it slowly but enough to be heard by Eunjung.

“L-Lucky?” She paused. ‘He’s not. He’s not lucky because he met with me.’ “How I wish he is.”

 “So.. Where he is now?” His fingers tap on the steering wheel. “Your.. Best damned thing?”  He asked.

“Oh.” Eunjung chuckled. “He’s not in this world anymore.” She looks down, playing with her bag.

Nickhun eyebrows arched. ‘Does it mean he’s dead?

“He’s so far yet so close.”  She smiled touching her chest.

“Far but close..” Nickhun repeats her last words. ‘You are standing next to me but I can't touch you.  I was right here and you don’t see me.  We are so close and yet so far, Eunjung.’

“I'm so sorry for your loss.  What happened, if you don't mind my asking?" Hearing that, Eunjung went into silence. She looked away, bite her lower lip.

“I-I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt you. You don’t have to answer me.”  He starts to flustered. “I’m so rude.” ‘What you had done?’

“No. It’s okay. You didn’t.” She looked at him. Their eyes met. “You want to know the truth? How he died?” She asked, flash a forced smile.

“Eun-Eunjung, you..” Nickhun’s word was cut off by Eunjung.

“I killed him.”